Start by marking “Godiva: Unbridled” as Want to Read:
Godiva: Unbridled

Godiva: Unbridled

Trapped in a loveless marriage, Lady Godiva schemes to escape the greedy, insensitive clutches of her husband, Edwin. When her plan goes awry she ends up in a bargain with him that would release her of her marital vows—but at a price. In a desperate attempt to flee, Godiva suffers a terrible fall from her beloved horse, which leaves her unable to remember anything about ...more
Published December 14th 2012

To ask other readers questions about Godiva, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Godiva

Start your review of Godiva: Unbridled
Sophia
I absolutely loved the idea of writing a fun historical romance story with Lady Godiva and Peeping Tom as the heroine and hero of the piece. I can appreciate an authentic layered historical fiction, but I'm also equally capable of enjoying a lighter less than accurate piece too. I enjoyed this combined retelling of the Lady Godiva and Peeping Tom story.

For those who aren't sure exactly what was the story behind the names Lady Godiva and Peeping Tom and thus this plot, I'll spill it for you. Lady
Gayatri
I am not much of an Historical Fiction fan. In fact this is my third book in this genre. Also I didn't really know anything about 'Lady Godiva' or 'Peeping Tom' before I read this book. So after the author Jenny Dare gave me a copy of this book in return for an honest review I searched on the internet about 'Lady Godiva'. I love retelling of myths and legends that was why I chose this book to read in the first place. I am glad that I chose this book.

Thomas's character was my favorite in this
Emma Jaye
May 19, 2013 rated it really liked it

A fun retelling of the Lady Godiva story, with the interesting addition that the Lady and 'Peeping Tom' actually had a relationship. Love scenes are quite graphic (which I like) and the tension builds throughout the book, although there is a distinct ending, it leaves the reader wanting to know the next part of the story, hopefully there will be a sequel.

The only problem I had with the story were the historical inaccuracies, although the author does make you aware that they are there at the
camille
Feb 19, 2014
Janie
Mar 18, 2013
Jenny
Jan 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jeanna
Dec 19, 2014
Sara Wethy
rated it did not like it
Feb 02, 2014
Jul 09, 2013
Renee
May 04, 2014
May 09, 2014
Jenny Dare is the name I write under for my "alternative" projects, because in another world I write under a much different guise and therefore must keep the two quite separate! When I'm not writing I love to cook, especially alternative and experimental cuisine. I love to make traditional things vegetarian, and am fortunate to have a patient hubby that indulges this creative streak in me. I once ...more