Start by marking “how tom holland Eclipsed his dad” as Want to Read:
how tom holland Eclipsed his dad

how tom holland Eclipsed his dad

The story of how a kid dances his way from London's West End to Hollywood and overtakes his 'celebrity' dad on his way. Dominic Holland is this 'celebrity' dad - a professional stand-up comedian and author. He has appeared on television many times including The Royal Variety Show and Have I Got News For You. He has had his own award winning BBC Radio Four series, The Small ...more
Published 2013 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about how tom holland Eclipsed his dad, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about how tom holland Eclipsed his dad

Start your review of how tom holland Eclipsed his dad
Chad
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a fascinating and hilarious read. "Eclipsed" is a story about how perseverance, talent, hard work and dumb luck can help you achieve even your wildest dreams. Or in the case of 'famous' Brit comedian Dominic Holland, if it doesn't quite work out, you can always pass those traits on to your child and watch them reach the stars before they even hit puberty.

Mr. Holland, a noted novelist and stand-up comedian from London, pens the true tale about how he watched his son become wildly succes
Isabella
Jul 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
May contain Spoilers

I was surfing through Amazon searching for some Marvel merch and most recently some about Spiderman and was shown in my suggestions Eclipse by Dominic Holland.

After a short read through the summery I decided to buy it. I am not a fan of eBooks but my need to know what the book is all about was bigger as my hate against eReaders.

So I got it, took my tablet and start reading it. Four hours later I have read the last page.

I am not gonna lie. I wanted to know what Papa Holland is
Rui Rodrigues
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
“Eclipsed” is a true story written by the comedian Dominic Holland that tells us about the successes and struggles of his own career and also about the rising to stardom of his eldest son, the actor of “The Impossible” Tom Holland.

The author has the ability to keep things interesting describing the situations in a funny and honest way.

Above all it teaches every one of us a life lesson: Dominic Holland shows that although he had several setbacks while trying to achieve his dreams he hasn’t give
Nina
Nov 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: memoir
This was probably a great blog, but for a book there is too much jumping backwards and forwards in time, and there are a few anecdotes that take long detours and never get back to the point. The text is also riddled with random words and word order issues, you know, the kind of mistakes that tend to occur when you rewrite a sentence and forget to delete all of the previous one. In other words; the kind of mistakes that a spelling and grammar check can't help you with. Some thorough editing and p ...more
Samantha Goodwin
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming and hilarious read. Eclipsed tells the fascinating true story of how UK comedian Dominic Holland found himself being upstaged by his eldest son, Tom Holland - probably best known for playing the web-slinging Marvel superhero Spider-Man.
I stumbled across this book by chance and absolutely loved it. Essentially two stories in one, the tale veers between Dominic's career on the comedy circuit and young Tom's first forays into the showbiz world of stage and film.
As a musical lover,
Suzanne
Mar 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fascinating look behind the scenes

Anyone who is interested in the entertainment industry will enjoy this tale of a professional comedian whose son becomes a star. Great insight into the “business” side of show business and the author pulls no punches presenting his own dreams vs the reality of his career. A very funny and loving look at how working in entertainment affects the entire family.
Callum /
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This book’s a terrific read. It gives a unique genuine insight into the world of show business – not by someone who made it, but from someone who nearly made it. A painfully honest but also very witty account of eventually plateauing (his words, not mine!), whilst at the same time seeing the remarkable emergence of a new Hollywood star – it’s two stories in one. Easy read, well told, written by one of UK comedy's good guys ...more
Ilze Folkmane
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's an amusing, lovely book that lets its readers glimpse behind the scenes of a world-renowned musical, an impressive film production and, perhaps most importantly, a family whose story is for the most part unbelievable and ridiculous in all its coincidences. ...more
Aureo
Nov 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Funny book that gives a behind-the-scenes look to Hollywood

Loved getting to know the Holland family better and to embark on this journey with them. Truly funny and insightful.
Maria
Aug 24, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, read-in-2017
Belinda I Kassapian
Jun 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fab and funny!

Lovely story of family life that is way beyond normal! Lovely to hear inside gossip about film and theatre characters
Maureen Downey
Jul 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A funny and honest book

Loved this book.

Have read Only in America and have watched Doms stand up in past and was not disappointed.

Ellyn Hugus
Nov 03, 2019
Roisin
Feb 14, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Assaulted Caramel (Amish Candy Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Becoming Me (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #1)
  • Face the Music (Diary of a Teenager Girl: Chloe, #4)
  • On My Own (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Caitlin, #4)
  • My Name is Chloe (Diary of a Teenage Girl: Chloe, #1)
  • Among the Hidden (Shadow Children, #1)
  • Discovering Wes Moore (The Young Adult Adaptation)
  • Game Changer
  • Carrot Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #10)
  • Me and White Supremacy: Combat Racism, Change the World, and Become a Good Ancestor
  • Word to the Wise (Library Lover's Mystery, #10)
  • Flipped for Murder (Country Store Mysteries #1)
  • Battle Ready: Memoir of a SEAL Warrior Medic
  • Cloche and Dagger (Hat Shop Mystery, #1)
  • Swing
  • The K Team (The K Team #1)
  • Look Both Ways: A Tale Told in Ten Blocks
  • Schomburg: The Man Who Built a Library
Dominic Holland has been a professional stand-up comedian for over 20 years and has become one of the most regarded and respected comedians of his generation.

‘The UK’s master of observational comedy ’ The Sunday Times‘A top notch stand-up who everyone should see’ The Daily Telegraph

But Dominic’s favourite quote comes from the late Bob Monkhouse – ‘Dominic Holland is the UK’s funniest not-yet-famou