Start by marking “Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4)” as Want to Read:
Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4)

Inferno (Robert Langdon #4)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  384,750 Ratings  ·  35,044 Reviews
Grca badge winner
‘Seek and ye shall find.’

With these words echoing in his head, eminent Harvard symbologist Robert Langdon awakes in a hospital bed with no recollection of where he is or how he got there. Nor can he explain the origin of the macabre object that is found hidden in his belongings.

A threat to his life will propel him and a young doctor, Sienna Brooks, into a breakneck chase a
Published May 14th 2013 by Bantam Press

To ask other readers questions about Inferno, please sign up.
Titan It was an extremely intriguing book. I was glued to it till the end and almost burnt my eyes out trying to read it in one day. It's a masterpiece.
Valentina I think the author made us think it was Ferris recalling this encounter but it was Sienna all along.

Ashley
Jan 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I guess this will fulfill my yearly quota for Mickey Mouse watch-clad academics who solve ancient conspiracy filled puzzles.

- - -

Updated 5/31: Sometimes, I feel like Dan Brown is my nemesis.

In interviews, he comes off as a smart, earnest guy (if a bit of an academic dweeb*) who has an obsession for puzzles, old art and conspiracy theories, but also as a guy who has no idea how to laugh at himself. He seems to take his own work very seriously, and gets his feelings hurt by even the eensiest teen
Elius
May 17, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Elius by: Meem
Shelves: 2013-books, thriller
Jennifer Fidler
Instead of reading any more Dan Brown books, I'm just going to complete the following "Mad Lib" with my sister. Feel free to play along.

UNTITLED DAN BROWN BOOK MAD LIB

5) title given to a respected educator or professional _____________________
6) first name ___________________________
7) pretentious last name (bo
Sarah (Presto agitato)
Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch’entrate. Or something.

dante_zpsd126c31a
Statue of Dante by Enrico Pazzi, Piazza Santa Croce, Florence

When I took this picture a couple of months ago, I thought Dante’s dour expression must be because he was pondering the horrors of hell. Now I think it’s because he was dwelling on the ignominy of having his masterpiece turned into this Dan Brown novel.

By the fourth book in the series, the formula has been well-established: Robert Langdon, the intrepid Harvard professor and “symbolo
Mohammed Arabey
Feb 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The most Dangerous, Different trip with Robert Langdon with Brilliant Twist ending.

That the Movie re-twisted into a normal boring Hollywood ending that blow mind of how bad the novel turned into clichéd stop the bomb movie.

It starts with Inferno Nightmare

Waking up in Florence far from home,not knowing how he even got here

With a head wound and a hellish nightmare of inferno to come
And by trying to solve the codes & puzzles of his chaotic situation, he find out that he must travel again...and
Jane
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: b3r, fiction
CHAPTER 1

Obscure reviewer Jane Steen sat in her modest study in cozy suburban Illinois and stared with horror at the object she held in her hands. Measuring nine-and-a-half by six-and-a-quarter by one-and-a-half inches, the object was encased in a shiny substance the overweight reviewer knew to be plastic.

A book of some kind.

To the little known reader’s brilliant mind and eidetic memory, identifying the book was a simple task. The labels affixed to the spine proclaimed its origin: the library. I
Mohammed Arabey
أقرأها قبل الفيلم الذي قام بتحويل نهاية الرواية الكابوسية العبقرية إلي نهاية هوليوودية نمطية

الأمر خطير هذه المرة، تخيل إنك صحوت مفزوعا من كابوس جحيمي

لتجد نفسك في بلد أخر، ويومان مُسحا من ذاكرتك

بل ويجب أن تسابق الزمن والسفر فرارا لوقف جحيم حقيقي

صدقني الأمر أخطر والوقت ضيق فلن أبدأ الريفيو زي شفرة دافنشيو ملائكة وشياطين و الرمز المفقود كالعادة وأقول أن الرواية دي لو حابب تتمتع وانت بتقرأها ليها حل من اتنين
Illustrated Edition أن تقرأ النسخة المصورة

أو تفتح جوجل صور للبحث عن كل عمل فني مذكور، وكل
Willow
This is my first Dan Brown book and what can I say...it pretty much sucked.

I was kind of shocked. Yes, I had read a lot of disparaging comments about Brown’s writing, but I pushed them aside, figuring his books must be at least entertaining. Otherwise why would he be so popular? And I rather like cheesy books. This one had a condescending tone though that grated on my nerves and sapped all the fun right out of the story. It was a tedious read.

Brown’s characters are boring. There’s no depth or
Deska
Jan 17, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I really enjoyed this book. Thou personally I think it's a bit different than the other previous three books. The other three books have similarities in having a story plot that creating a really blur line between history and fiction. But in this fourth book, the history is like the inspiration of the fiction story, but I still liked it and gave it 3.5 stars.

I really enjoyed the thrill and excitement of Langdon adventure. And as a former international security student, I have an understanding re
Huda Yahya

وهذه الم
Will Byrnes
May 31, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, thriller
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate
or
Abandon all hope, ye who enter here
Doré, Gate of Hell
Dante and Virgil approach the entrance to Hell
From the WorldofDante.org

The heat is on. There is, of course, a deadline. A mad scientist of a Dante super-fan, who takes theatrical delight in referring to himself as The Shade, would like to bring about a great renaissance for humanity, a reawakening similar to the one that occurred following the Black Plague. As with that earlier event, The Shade, a Batman villain if ev
Parvez
Jan 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Thrillers or Mystery readers
June 18, 2013
This book has Dan Brown written all over it. Just like the previous stories in this series, the entire book is about 24 hour long mystery/thriller. Robert Langdon wakes up at a hospital with no recollection of how he got there and as he starts to figure out what's going on, he starts getting deeper into a dangerous event that is about to take place. From the very first page, a chain of events starts to take place at a very fast pace.

Loved reading the book, just like Robert Langdon's
Aaron
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Aaron turned on his computer and opened it to Goodreads.com, a widely used website for books. It was time. He looked around to be sure he was alone, and started writing ... his review of Dan Brown's Inferno.

CHAPTER 253

Aaron looked at the screen, wondering how best to approach the review. He had to be quick about it.

"There's no time!" he shouted even though no one else was around.

They could be here at any minute, and he had to hurry. He had to make sure he went fast, because of the time constrain
David Lafferty
I've spent the past few years writing a book on Inferno, immersing myself in Dante's Commedia, and was looking forward to a fun read. While the book is decent it's still a disappointment. Despite having quite a few issues with Da Vinci Code, it was nevertheless a fun trip through the world of art and puzzle solving. Unfortunately Inferno reads more like a movie treatment with some factoids thrown in. At times it reminded me of the old Batman episodes with the caped crusader pulling off an implau ...more
Komal
Jan 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary

To be very honest, I had a lot of expectations from this book and Dan Brown does not disappoint. I'm not entirely happy with the book; the second half of the book lacked certain things and was not quite as interesting as the first part. The research work for this book is done very painstakingly and it shows. 4.5 stars.
Desiree
I considered giving this two stars but then I realized there really wasn't anything I liked about it. It was so boring and it took me more than a week to get through. I know it's too much to ask that Dan Brown scale the heights of Angels & Demons or even The Da Vinci Code once again but I'm somewhat baffled as to how his writing has taken a turn for the worse and it started with that blasted The Lost Symbol.

There's nothing much to say about this to be honest. The plot was kind of intriguing
Jason
May 12, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
To all the folks who rate a book before they've read it, skewing the ratings for everyone...go to Amazon with all the other flamers. Leave our ratings alone.
Namratha
Apr 30, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"
~ Dante's Divine Comedy.

(Oh, Mr.Brown...the irony and the accuracy)
----------------------------------------------------

The last Dan Brown novel that I recall reading and enjoying to the hilt was Angels & Demons. So, when I proudly hefted his new tome INFERNO home from the book store, I was all:

And then, barely twenty pages had passed by and my buoyant emotions pretty much went The Little Mermaid Way:

The author has decided to morph into a dry-as-day-ol
Kai
Jun 24, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: owned, 2016
“Just because the human mind can't imagine something happening, doesn't mean it won't.”

3/5 Stars

Another typical Dan Brown book. It's been on my to-read list for ages, so is The Lost Symbol still. Now that the film will be released soon, I needed to get a grip and read it. And I, too, decided to skip Book 3 and move straight on to this one.
My expectations are fulfilled. Mysteries, art, intruige, a race against time. But since I last read a Dan Brown novel a few years have passed and I've read lot
Metalligazza
i think amazon and Google play need to sort out pricing on ebooks they are both asking £8.99 ,with no overheads, no printing costs no,logistics and all they have to do is store it on a server and let customer's download it. why am I kicking off you might ask yourself well its quite simply because i have just ordered the hard back copy from asda.co.uk for £9.00 so for 1 penny I get real paper real hard cover and delivery to my front door on day of release. and they say ebooks are the future, not ...more
Connie
Making this as read just so I can do a stupid review....I made it all the way to 37% I deserve a medal.....

okay....I just can't finish it....it started with this paragraph at about 12%

"She knew it was probably just the adrenaline, but she found herself strangely attracted to the American professor. In addition to his being handsome, he seemed to possess a sincerely good heart. In some distant, alternate life, Robert Langdon might even be someone she could be with."

From then on all I could think
James
Aug 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Read this years ago... it's a great story and an intense and complex read. I preferred Angels and Demons and The Da Vinci Code; however, this is a very close third as the concept of Dante and the fiery gates of hell are also quite good. Dan Brown doesn't let you down and you should definitely keep reading this series -- especially with the movie now coming out! What I love most is the back and forth point of view, unsure how everyone is connection, and who will figure out the end game first. It' ...more
Matthew
Kinda blah after the other Langdon entries. Getting a little used to the Langdon formula. Also, in the end it was not all that great of a story (in my opinion). Honestly, hard for me to believe they got another movie in the series out of this (I hope they changed a lot of it to make it more interesting! Hard to believe I just said I hoped they changed the story when making a movie - SACRELIDGE! )
Rachel (BAVR)
Warning: If something in my review is marked with a spoiler tag, it really is a spoiler. I don't want to be the reason that a die-hard fan reads a spoiler and has the whole book ruined for him/her. So if that kind of thing matters to you, DON'T CLICK ON THE SPOILERS.

If nothing else, Dan Brown's Inferno reminded me that the interrobang (?!) is a thing. Also, why use one ellipsis ... when you can use ... A MILLION?!

I can't take this book seriously. It took me over a month to read it, and most of
Stepheny
3.5

I’ve compiled a list for my review.

Why it’s perfectly acceptable to compare Dan Brown novels with one night stands :

1.) The decision to pick up a Dan Brown book or a one night hookup comes down to the same thing- instant gratification. You pick it up knowing you’re going on a wild ride!

2.) Waking up and seeing a Dan Brown book on your night stand almost makes you feel like you need a shower more than the morning after getting some strange. (I recommend a shower in both instances.)

3.) There’
Carly
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I actually want to read this book so badly, it hurts!
I am so excited- when I heard that Dan Brown was releasing a new book, I screamed so loud that another girl on my floor ran into my room and thought I was getting attacked!
Brown is probably my top favourite author and I have loved each book that stars Robert as the main character. I loved 'The Lost Symbol' so much!! I have really high hopes for this next one :)

Update:
Now that I have finished the book, I can say that it was a pure joy to read.
Issa Deerbany
Jul 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dan-brown
من فلورنسا وكنائسها الرائعة ولوحاتها الشهيرة وانفاقها، الى البندقبة وكنائسها وساحاتها وتماثيلها الى تركيا ومتحف أيا صوفيا والقصر الغارق.
قدرة هائلين لبراون لاستغلال هذه اللوحات والتحف ليمتعنا بمغامرة رائعة.
وكالعادة استغلال الإثارة والتشويق في الاكتشافات وانتقال الحدث من موقع الى اخر لترك القاريء متلهفا لمعرفة الأحداث.
وكالعادة فالأماكن واللوحات والتماثيل والمواقع حقيقية ومن الأفضل استخدام محرك البحث اثناء القراءة والاطلاع على المواقع للتمتع بما يكتبه هذا المؤلف العبقري.

القصة تدور حول دانتي الشاعر
Crystal Starr Light
Bullet Review:

Wow, this was an awful book. I will say that Dan Brown has improved his writing craft, as there seems to be better flow and not so many grammatical errors, but just barely. He still switches tenses, starting out nearly every chapter with a big, ugly blob of text about some historical landmark that may or may not have bearing on the plot.

The characters are just bare outlines of people, like a grown-up coloring book, who somehow managed to be the stupidest, most pretentious, most OVE
Bithi
Feb 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is breath-taking in its suspense.

I am not sure if I should call the antagonist, Zobrist, a mad or futuristic person. Like all the antagonists of Brown's novels, he is apparently intelligent.

But, to quote Shakespeare - There is method in madness. (from Hamlet.

Even the author does not seem to portray the character of Zobrist as a cruel person like his other antagonists. Because, though Zobrist's solution is drastic, the issue of population increase in the world is very real.

In this book,
AMEERA
2.75
ok I think I loved angels & demons and the davinci code more than inferno wasn't enjoyable enough for me like always expecting from dan brown books
did anyone thought Bertrand Zobrist was Elizabeth Sinskey's walked out fiancée? 58 1546 Aug 28, 2017 07:59PM
HMSA Summer Reading: Inferno 1 2 Aug 22, 2017 02:45AM
Horror Aficionados : Inferno 115 219 Feb 08, 2017 06:22AM
Around the Year i...: Inferno (Robert Langdon, #4), by Dan Brown 12 56 Jan 10, 2017 06:33AM
The Book Was Better: INFERNO 5 47 Dec 26, 2016 03:28AM
Bloggers en español: This topic has been closed to new comments. 2016 Octubre: Inferno 1 11 Sep 30, 2016 11:51PM
  • The King's Deception (Cotton Malone, #8)
  • Bloodline (Sigma Force, #8)
  • Rasputin's Shadow (Templar, #4)
  • The Tower (Sancti Trilogy #3)
  • The Breath of God
  • Threat Vector (Jack Ryan Universe, #15)
  • Zero Hour (NUMA Files, #11)
  • The Hit (Will Robie, #2)
  • The Lost Temple
  • The English Girl (Gabriel Allon, #13)
  • The Ninth Orphan (The Orphan Trilogy, #1)
Dan Brown is the author of numerous #1 bestselling novels, including The Da Vinci Code, which has become one of the best selling novels of all time as well as the subject of intellectual debate among readers and scholars. Brown’s novels are published in 52 languages around the world with 200 million copies in print.

In 2005, Brown was named one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World by TIM
More about Dan Brown

Robert Langdon (5 books)
  • Angels & Demons  (Robert Langdon, #1)
  • The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2)
  • The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon, #3)
  • Origin (Robert Langdon, #5)

Fiction Deals

• Searching for Grace Kelly
    $15.99 $1.99
  • Bricking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Fifth of March: A Story of the Boston Massacre (Great Episodes)
    $8.99 $2.99
    $13.99 $1.99
  • The Elephant Keeper's Daughter
  • The Virtues of Oxygen
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Home to Harmony (Harmony #1)
    $11.14 $1.99
  • Dog Crazy
  • The Towers of Tuscany
  • The Noticer: Sometimes, all a person needs is a little perspective
  • Who We Were Before
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Reluctant Midwife (Hope River, #2)
    $10.49 $1.99
  • Sin No More (Reverend Curtis Black)
    $10.39 $1.99
  • We'll Always Have Paris: Stories
  • The Hidden Flower
  • Greyhound
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Take Two (Above the Line, #2)
  • The Heart Mender: A Story of Second Chances
  • The Miseducation of Cameron Post
    $9.74 $1.99
  • Sideways
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Warleggan: A Novel of Cornwall, 1792-1793 (Poldark)
  • I Capture the Castle
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fat Chance
  • Just a Couple of Days
    $17.99 $1.99
  • The Boleyn Inheritance (The Tudor Court, #3)
    $12.99 $2.99
  • A Scattered Life
  • Every Ugly Word
  • A Memory of Violets: A Novel of London's Flower Sellers
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Desert God (Ancient Egypt, #5)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • The Woman Who Breathed Two Worlds (Malayan #1)
  • An Amish Buggy Ride
  • Old Yeller
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Healer (The Secret Healer #1)
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Elizabeth Street
  • The Unkillable Kitty O'Kane
  • It Is Well
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Sinful Calling (Reverend Curtis Black #13)
  • On a Cold Dark Sea
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Lady Viper (Tales from the Tudor Court #1)
  • Kings of Broken Things
  • Edward Adrift
  • The Restaurant Critic's Wife
    $3.99 $1.99
“Nothing is more creative... nor destructive... than a brilliant mind with a purpose.” 637 likes
“The decisions of our past are the architects of our present.” 594 likes