Start by marking “If It Flies (Market Garden, #3)” as Want to Read:
If It Flies (Market Garden, #3)

If It Flies

(Market Garden #3)

If it flies, drives, or fornicates, it’s cheaper to rent it.

Spencer is in a rut. Long hours at the law firm are sucking the life out of him, and he doesn’t have time or energy for a relationship. He’s lonely, horny, and itching for something new, so he tries the Market Garden, an exclusive—and expensive—brothel. Spencer isn’t in the door five minutes before a cocky rentboy
ebook, 1st Edition, 110 pages
Published March 11th 2013 by Riptide Publishing (first published March 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about If It Flies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about If It Flies

Shin Mon Thway
If it flies, drives, or fornicates, it’s always cheaper to rent it. 😉

So we are introduced to a new couple and a completely different story line. We got some glimpses of Nick the sadistic Dom from book 1 and 2 and he definitely intrigued me. So I was happy to read his story. And I think the amalgamation of Spencer and him is definitely a good one. 💜 A few reasons why this really ticked my boxes, interracial coupling, yum! 😋 younger, smaller Dom and an older, bigger Sub with an impressive professi
Monique
Jan 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbt
All work and no play makes Spencer a dull boy! and I hate to say it but until the last 20% of the book things don’t improve!

photo tumblr_mem6yc432Z1r57dsjo1_500.jpg

I am a huge Aleksandr Voinov fan and have grown to love L.A Witt in the previous instalments of The Market Garden series, but unfortunately If It Flies didn’t fly for me!

I am actually lost for words… Ha, me speechless, now that doesn't happen often. Usually I can waffle on for pages in awe of Mr Voinov’s writing even the two previous short novellas from these two great aut
Susan
Mar 06, 2013 rated it liked it

Well, it was bound to happen. There had to come a day when I just wouldn’t enjoy something written by The Genius. At least once, right?

I’m a fan of the first two Market Garden books. Sure, they’re short stories, essentially just barely more than pwp. But I really like Tristan and Jared...as characters, I find them charming, I like their attraction to one another, the sex is ridiculously steamy, and I’m left wanting more of their story.

I just didn’t have the same connection, or ANY conn
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*

If it flies, drives, or fornicates, it's always cheaper to rent it

I just don't know... I loved Quid pro Quo and Take it Off but I didn't love this one :(. I rounded up to 3 stars but this is 2.5 stars for me.

Spencer is a lawyer who meets Nick in Market Garden.

"You buy me a drink, it's a fiver. You want to lick it off me? It's a hundred?"

Yeah, pretty simple!

Spencer rents Nick for a couple hours and he wants more after that encounter. They had good sex, I should admit that but I just didn't fe
Sammy Loves Books
Finally!! Some quality time with Nick!!

Hot Nick Ass

BDSM has so many elements. I'm more accustomed to books that focus on the Bondage/Discipline aspect but If It Flies focuses more on the Sadist/Masochist aspect. Nick is a natural Dom, but he is also a Sadist. He gets off sexually on the pain of others. Nick is also a somewhat jaded rentboy. Experience has taught him to never mix the business aspect with his personal life.
“Do you date at all?” Spencer asked.

“You find me a guy worth dating who’s willing to
Nancy
Posted at Shelf Inflicted

“If the two of them could get through a scene like this without that word being spoken again, then maybe…maybe this ran deeper than sex and cash, deep enough to go all the way.”

As much as I love Tristan and Jared and wanted their story to continue, it was very easy for me to set them aside once I met and fell in love with Nick and Spencer.

Spencer is a busy, tired and stressed-out lawyer with no time for relationships. His co-worker, Percy, with a failed marriage behin
Shurrn
Market Garden takes a turn toward the sadistic side of lust...
It was odd that he felt his strongest while Nick hurt him. Not hurt hurt, but that moment when the pain came in and receded, like a rolling wave that bared treasure on the way back—that moment felt always like he’d tapped into an inner strength he’d never before touched or been aware of.
I couldn't stay away from the Market Garden series.
1 - I adore L.A. Witt & Aleksandr Voinov
2 - I have a thing for Rent Boys
3 - I loved the f
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I'm going to go against the grain here and say this is my favorite in the Market Garden series thus far! 4 very strong stars for me (who apparently loves kink!!).

I was a bit thrown when this book started with completely different characters than the first two in the series. However, I quickly fell for Spencer and Nick.

Though I read a lot of BDSM, it has to be done just right for me to love it. Too much too fast and the scene reads as forced. Too timid and it doesn't feel real (you can't have a
Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog

~ ~ ~

4 Intense Stars

Spencer braced against the bed and forced back tears that were increasingly from pleasure more than pain.
Pleasure? From--
Snap.
God, yes.
Snap.

Longer than the first two books in the series combined, this book plays with deeper connections. I thought the Market Garden books might maintain the lighter, sweeter tone of the first two, but no. Instead, Witt and Voinov approached this one with more intensity, if you can believe it. One of the things they did carry over though, wa
Alvin
Mar 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
PAINFULLY & PLEASURABLY SEXY.
I really liked it!
First of all, I wanna say I'm really impressed on L.A. Witt & Aleksandr Voinov's pairing. Their writing is really really good. I haven't read a solo L.A. Witt read yet, but I can really tell their collaboration works so well. They did everything right.

Whoo! This was really hot.

Spencer & Nick

Nick! A sexy motherfucker. A rentboy and dominant in one who really knows what he does and enjoys it. Who would not like that?

And Spencer, the tent
Susan
Oct 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Re-read July 2018

I love Nick and Spencer.
------------------------------------

Market Garden 3&4 features Spencer and Nick and can be read without having read 1&2

Spencer has a high demanding job as a lawyer and feels so stressed, he needs something to relieve the pressure. When his colleague and friend Percy takes him to Market Garden, he simply goes along with it. He is not expecting much of this place where one can find rentboys for hire.

But when Spencer spots Nick he is instantly attrac
MLE
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mm, kindle-archive
I guess this is where I have to say I was wrong in thinking I don't like bondage. Who knew?

I went into this book with fairly low expectations. Sure, I liked the authors, and sure I liked the series, but I wasn't necessarily looking forward to this installment that much. I am very glad to be proved wrong.

I think what sets the bondage I like (such as in this book) apart from what I do not like (in fact it comes closer to hate than dislike) is the clarity of consent. Books like this set forth very
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
It was odd that he felt his strongest while Nick hurt him. Not hurt hurt, but that moment when the pain came in and receded, like a rolling wave that bared treasure on the way back-that moment felt always like he'd tapped into an inner strength he'd never before touched or been aware of.

There's quite a bit to like about If It Flies. This installment is quite a bit more involved which, I mean, let's call a spade a spade, didn't take much. I kinda miss Rolex and the lapdancing, ain't gonna lie.
Debra
Oct 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is actually my favorite of the series so far.

There was more of a plot than in the first two and I liked watching rentboy Nick bring out Spencer's submissive and masochistic side. Nick is a cocky Dom who fits the part just right and knows how to read Spencer and push him to his limits. The progression of the relationship felt natural, although I wold have liked to see a little bit of what happened during the 3 month time jump in training.

There was also just the right amount of conflict and
Macky
Jan 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Oh dear Where to start? First off before I get to reviewing the book I want to say that I still heart L.A and Aleks as writers, one book disappointment is not going to change that so I write this review with a slightly heavy heart. Like the majority of readers I thoroughly enjoyed Books 1& 2, both 5 star reads IMO, even though they were a lot shorter than this one... Endearing,cheeky and loveable characters and smoking sex scenes that as well as being hot as hell, oozed chemistry and connect ...more
JR
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: life, favorites, romance
I enjoyed this story because I have an endless fascination with BDSM. I found it interesting to see the main character Spencer discover his overwhelming desire to be a sub. He discovers this at the hands of a snarky, sarcastic man/child named Nick. The key to it all is trust, they develop a bond of trust that becomes unshakable. The kicker is that of a powerful lawyer being a sub. Who wouldn't enjoy that.

I give it a single tail full of stars. Warning:if you are not interested in BDSM best keep
Mar 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: novellas, m-m-romance
Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

As It Flies is the third book in the Market Garden series but in this book we leave behind Tristan and Jared and instead meet two new characters; Spencer and Nick.

Spencer, is a lawyer who is stuck in a rut, spending his life working far too many hours and having very little fun, so when his friend Percy persuades him to try 'renting' some fun in the form of a male prostitute he decides to give it a go and goes along to Market Garden, a high class brothel.

Meet Nick, an experienced, highly in de
Bev
Feb 01, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: hot-as-hell, lgbtq-mm

Oh dear, didn't think I was going to finish this, I just couldn't get invested in the characters, so 3 stars at best.

This series started off really well, and I had no problems in awarding the first book 5 stars...it was smokin' hot and sooo sexy. Then the second book came out, and my interest started waning....4 stars and probably, in truth, should have been 3.5, but everyone else seemed to love it, so I thought it was just me...hormones etc., This one, as I've already said, I struggled to a) ge
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
Another great addition to the series.

In this one we meet Nick and Spencer. While this one would still be considered a novella, it felt a bit more developed then the first two books about Jared and Tristan.

A bit more BDSM then I prefer and generally read...but nothing I couldn't handle.

I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where things go.
Tina
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bdsm

I thought I wouldn't like Nick and Spencer as much as Jared and Tristan.

I. Was. So. Wrong!

There is the prostitute Nick, a Dom and Sadist, who doesn't give away anything about his true self in the first place, and Spencer, a lawyer, who discovers his needs as a submissive and a masochist.

Nick is so sexy and controlled, so cool and secretive. I hadn't any issues with his aloof demeanor. In his job he has to keep it that way and he is good at his job.
And it's okay that we get to know his true self
LenaRibka
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: aleksandr-voinov

I have read it in the wrong order! Yes, from the Part1 directly to the Part3. My luck -it is a collection of the different stories with the different characters. Otherwise I would have noticed it!
I am sill in the middle of reading...Quickly back to Part 2!

...and the single thought that was on my mind the whole day:

HOW DOES THE CO-WRITING FOR SOMETHING LIKE THAT WORK WITHOUT ENDING UP IN A WILD ORGY?!

I am most certainly not suitable for this work putting aside my writing skills...

Em
Mar 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the first two Market Garden books and I wasn't quite sure if I would like Nick and Spencer as much as Jared and Tristan. However I did. If It Flies is a longer book than the previous two and concentrates more on the Sadist/Masochist aspect of BDSM. I loved the added intensity of this book and for me it is the best one so far.
Amy
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If it flies, drives, or fornicates, it’s cheaper to rent it.

Well after getting over my initial disappointment that this wasn’t another Tristan and Jared story, I quite enjoyed this one! Spencer is a lawyer who’s stuck in a rut. He works long hours and really doesn’t have time for a relationship. His friend/co-worker Percy talks him in to going to Market Garden, an exclusive (and expensive!) brothel. Spencer is immediately approached by Nick, a Dom and one of Market Gardens top rentboys. I enjoye
Britta ★ Nachteule ★

Phew... *wipes her sweaty forehead* What can I say?

Eeeem... Thanks, Joe!

While the first two instalments more or less were mere PWPs -excellently written PWPs but PWPs nonetheless- this was more. Not only more in length, also more in depth.

I love BDSM if it's well written and here it's extremly great written!

(Nick is discribed much more discreet but it suits him definitely more than this (view spoiler)!!! *choke and shiver*)

The story is told in Spencer's POV only and
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jan 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, ebook
3.5 stars. Having read some of the other reviews, I tried to read this more like a stand alone, which it pretty much could be. The only real connections are the Market Garden link and the little bit of background on Nick. We know from the previous books that Nick's speciality is providing services to the kinkier clients. We do not get so much as a glimpse of Tristan or Jared working the floor during the times the story takes place at the Garden. Putting that asice, as this is Nick's story, it ha ...more
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️

Holy shit, this series is FUCKHOT. Damn.

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Spencer is an overworked, under-sexed closeted attorney. When his coworker talked him into coming to Market Garden for a night of hot sex with a rent boy of his choice...he went. Not sure what he was walking into, he sets eyes on Nick. Nick is a high-paid Dom and sadist. He appears to see deep inside Spencer's psyche...able to see the submissive he's hiding deep inside.

What follows is a night of unbridled, almost animalistic D/s passion. Wow. It. Was. H
Jan
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bdsm, lgbtq, kink
I didn't like it as much as Tristan and Jared story.
I'll take a break with this series for now.
MishyJo
“If it flies, drives, or fornicates, it’s always cheaper to rent it.”

Nick and Spencer are in the unlucky position of having their arc follow my beloved Jared and Tristan. Still I remember liking the couple more last time. It’s hard to be objective. I hope they grow on me.
Sara
Sweet. Mother. Of God.

Yup. This is going on my V8 shelf. WHY did I wait so long to read this? Actually I know why. See, Quid Pro Quo was my first real m/m story and I fell hard, fast and panting for Tristan and Jared. When I saw a third book in the series and it wasn't them? I pouted. Ugh. Nick should have come over and whipped my ass for not reading this. Good lord.

Nick and Spencer, what an amazing pair. I loved that Spencer gets dragged to Market Garden and gets exactly what he had no id
Brandilyn
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2013, mm, bdsm
Full review here:

I always love it when a series gets better and better with each offering. The Market Garden series from the duo of LA Witt and Alksandr Voinov definitely fits that bill. Voinov has a penchant for deliciously twisted heroes and Witt is great with developing lovable charcters. Together they really are an unstoppable force. If it Flies differs from the first 2 books in the Market Garden series, Quid Pro Quo and Take it Off, in that it is a fu
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• If It Drives (Market Garden #7)
  • An Inch at a Time (The Professor's Rule #2)
  • City Mouse (Country Mouse, #2)
  • Awakening (Power Play, #2)
  • Dirty Laundry (Tucker Springs, #3)
  • Achilles and the Houseboy (Memoirs of a Houseboy, #3)
L.A. Witt and her husband have been exiled from Spain and sent to live in Maine because rhymes are fun. She now divides her time between writing, assuring people she is aware that Maine is cold, wondering where to put her next tattoo, and trying to reason with a surly Maine coon. Rumor has it her arch nemesis, Lauren Gallagher, is also somewhere in the wilds of New England, which is why L.A. is al ...more

Market Garden (8 books)
  • Quid Pro Quo (Market Garden #1)
  • Take It Off (Market Garden, #2)
  • If It Fornicates (Market Garden, #4)
  • Capture & Surrender (Market Garden #5)
  • Payoff (Market Garden, #6)
  • If It Drives (Market Garden #7)
  • On the Clock (Market Garden, #8)
“If it flies, drives or fornicates, it´s always cheaper to rent it.” 3 likes
“The tiny focal points of pain still glowed on his nerve endings, like stars coming into view one by one in a dark, bare sky. One by one—in the middle of his buttock, just below his collarbone, on the inside of his thigh—more stars came into focus, each glowing brightly at first before settling into the same intensity as the ones before, slowly forming a constellation.” 2 likes