Start by marking “Frank Peretti Value Pack: Prophet/Piercing the Darkness/This Present Darkness” as Want to Read:
Frank Peretti Value Pack: Prophet/Piercing the Darkness/This Present Darkness

Frank Peretti Value Pack: Prophet/Piercing the Darkness/This Present Darkness

Mass Market Paperback, 500 pages
Published October 1st 2003 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published September 22nd 2003)

Michelle Daniely
Sep 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I richly enjoyed both Piercing the Darkness, This present Darkness, and The Prophet. I even enjoyed The Visitation, but felt that Mr. Peretti got too far off into to fear in The Oath, so I chose not to read Monster. I worked in a Christian bookstore for four years and could not read through a Ted Deckker book to recommend it to anyone, seemed to be a oxymoron, Christian "thriller" I even heard someone say both Mr. Peretti and Mr. Dekker were like a "Christian" Steven King...that I believe is the ...more
Sjlovealive
Dec 31, 2007 rated it it was amazing
All these books are very riveting and thrilling books, which are difficult to put down. Though fictional, they do help us to become more aware of the spiritual realm, which is not fictional.
Kimberly Wong
Jan 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
This Present Darkness, book 1, was epic. Discovered this hidden gem in high school, tucked away in the library just gathering some dust (and just a little bit exaggerated). I wonder if people from school have ever found this book and what they thought of it. I know my best friend was thrilled when I showed her this. :)

It's a 'supernatural' thriller, full of suspense. It is worth your time, trust me. :) I am so happy I've re-read it.
Jeffery Schwind
Dec 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Read each one of these. The Prophet was definitely good, and This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness joined the shelf of my favorites, providing a gripping view behind the curtain of the visible world into the spiritual world that affects us every day. Overall, I enjoyed them all.
Bryan Connatser
Jun 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
Have read all 3, and unlike the other 2 The Prophet took a little time to get going but overall read well and finished well.
Dianne
Jan 23, 2016 added it
Great
Olivia
Mar 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Nerve wrecking stories....reality is more than what we see!!!
Rosslyn
Aug 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
What an eye opener and challenge. The prophet is my all time favourite book. I must have read it 6x
Eliyahu (Marc)
Aug 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Simply Awesome. I read this book over 10 years ago.
Doreen
Nov 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Frank Peretti is one of my FAVORITE authors, and, if you endeavor to read this or several other of his books, I believe you will join the club! First and foremost, his writings are from a Christian/Spiritual Warfare perspective, therefore, if you are a person of faith, you will find his books exciting and on edge. Heck, I would dare say that even if you aren't a person of faith, you will find his writing intriguing. With Piercing the Darkness/This Present Darkness, I can close my eyes and visual ...more
Carol McHale
Oct 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mchale-library
I am still not sure why these three books were bundled together. Prophet had nothing to do with the other two books. I really enjoyed Piercing the Darkness and This Present Darkness. They were both very well written, characters were developed so that I felt like I met them in person, and the story line moved along at the perfect pace.

Prophet, however, was very long in the tooth - characters were shallow and predictable, the story was slow and the ending was anticlimactic.

I gave the trilogy 4 sta
Michael McGee
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This man has a lot to say and says it in the most entertaining way. I don't take them literally but they do say much about human nature and life. I read them years ago but remember them to be a very good read. Worth your while if you like this kind of fiction.
Nicholas Matthews
Oct 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great story telling … full of suspense and 'wow' moments
Karen
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a magnificent story about spiritual warfare. Two thumbs up. 👍👍
Abigail Ford
Jan 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorite-books
LOVE THESE BOOKS! They are truly Christian classics, and have me coming back to re-read time and time again. They truly make you think about the world around you. Frank has absolutely had a profound effect on not just my life but also my writing style. I grew up reading his works, (including these awesome books) and now as a published author myself, I am proud to say he is still one of my favorite authors who has impacted the way I see things and how I write. These books are phenomenal!
Kaye Rose
May 24, 2016 rated it it was amazing
'This Present Darkness' & 'Piercing the Darkness'. I read them when I was young and many times since. I consider them some of those most important books ever written. Though the characters are fictional, the subject matter is not. If you are 'religious' at all or believe in any kind of deity, this is essential reading!
S.G. Savage
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This was the number one book that inspired by interest in angels and demons and the effect a Godless and evil society can have on everyone. I think these books should have become movies. 15 years later I am an author who hopes to make a difference by sharing a similar theme. I highly recommend all three of these books. S.G. Savage author Lydia's League of Angels
Daniel
Sep 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I loved reading all these books... they were so exciting... I was always on the edge of my seat, waiting to find out what was going to happen to each set of characters...
However, the movie, made from the book, The Prophet... it was much closer to horror than syfy, as I was expecting... So, I was not very pleased...
Jonell
May 08, 2012 added it
These books gave me a whole new understanding of the work of angels. Also a new awareness of the war that is going on in the spirit realm all around us. My prayer life took on a new meaning after this. Some authors just add new visuals and as long as it does not conflict with the Word I think it is a good thing.
Austin Hutchinson
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Fabulous book series. I've never ever read a series with such a ferocious plot rise and fall. I loved it, and I ate it up at least 5 times. I do wish nasty companies and Demons were exposed like this...
Dan Rowling
Aug 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Great insight on how Angelic and Demonic wars may be fought around us. Who knows, but our finite minds cannot comprehend yet.
Joycebatta
Aug 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Really made you think about the spiritual warfare going on that you are completely unaware of, but I think it really impressed upon me the importance of prayer.
Lisa
Jan 29, 2009 rated it it was amazing
These are my favorite books!
Trena
Jul 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read. certainly ramped up my prayer time.
Easter Ellen
A captivating novel that shows us what goes on in the space around us where we don't hear or see the battles, victories and sacrifices make for each of us.
Cassandra Carico
Aug 05, 2011 rated it really liked it
This book is an excellent read. The story is captivating and intriguing. I found myself sucked into this story of how the world we see is profoundly effected by supernatural influence.
Marissa Burt
Jul 10, 2014 rated it it was ok
Oh, Peretti. His books featured prominently in my middle-school youth group, and I finally revisited them. Suspenseful, a bit cliche, and full of questionable theology.
June Mccarty
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
About Spiritual Warfare
Helps you understand what it's like.
Rita Figueroa
Sep 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing
2 of my very favorite books off all time!! Gave me a whole new perspective into the spiritual world of demons and angels
Ted
Mar 10, 2010 added it
I Loved this series! Two of the greatest books I have ever read. Demonic warfare is real and this fictional story really helps you get ahold of it.

• Circle Series 4-in-1 (The Circle Series)
  • The Key of the Mysteries
  • Bastion of Darkness (The Chronicles of Ynis Aielle #3)
  • Pure Pleasure: Why Do Christians Feel So Bad about Feeling Good?
  • The Literary Study Bible: ESV
  • Smoke Screen
  • Threshold (Fire of Heaven, #2)
  • The New Manual of Photography
  • Charting the End Times: A Visual Guide to Understanding Bible Prophecy
  • Simon  Schuster's Guide to Rocks and Minerals
  • 4 Keys to Hearing God's Voice
  • Last Light/Night Light (Restoration, #1 & #2)
  • Memoirs of an Exorcist: My Life Fighting Satan
  • Valhalla (Stargate SG-1, #14)
  • When Good Men Are Tempted
  • The Darksword Trilogy: Forging the Darksword, Doom of the Darksword and Triumph of the Darksword
  • Healing the Wounded Heart: Removing Obstacles to Intimacy with God
  • Life after Death: A History of the Afterlife in Western Religion
FROM HIS WEBSITE:
With more than 12 million novels in print, Frank Peretti is nothing short of a publishing phenomenon and has been called “America’s hottest Christian novelist.”

Peretti is a natural storyteller who, as a youngster in Seattle, regularly gathered the neighborhood children for animated storytelling sessions. After graduating from high school, he began playing banjo with a local blueg