Start by marking “Blue Sky” as Want to Read:
Blue Sky

Blue Sky

Sunny is bereaving the sudden death of her parents. Lewis is a homeless runaway seeking shelter in Sunny's basement from an early winter storm. When they unexpectedly meet, Sunny wants nothing more than to kill him. After a bizarre hostage situation and a poker game, Sunny realizes that Lewis isn't out to hurt her. Their initial distaste turns to friendship and love, but ...more
Published February 12th 2013 by Create Space Independent Publishing Platform (first published February 11th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Blue Sky, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Blue Sky

Start your review of Blue Sky
Jinky
Feb 09, 2013 rated it liked it
**Mild Spoiler Alert**

This was a bewitchingly zany read.What does that mean? Well,most of the storyline was reckless or down right bizarre but oddly entertaining.See, Icouldn't wrap my head aroundSunny's (protagonist) position to roommate a complete stranger (Lewis) that broke into her home, regardless of how nice or cute he was. As much as the story explained the dynamics of their background and situation that would seem to make this alright, the red flag was waving frantically in my head ...
Donna Weaver
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
WHAT MY STARS MEAN:
5 Stars--the book had a profound impact on me. It touched me on some special level and lingered with me long after I'd finished reading it.
4 Stars--I loved this book. If I don't own it, I will buy it so I can read it again and again.
3 Stars--I enjoyed the book but may have had an issue or two with it.
2 Stars--I had more than a few issues with it.
1 Stars--I hated it.

WHAT IT'S ABOUT:
Heather
Jun 29, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2013
The book opens with Sunny grieving the death of her parents. Her best friend Meg has been staying with her but has to leave to go to work. Lewis is a young homeless man looking for a place to stay for the winter. When he comes upon Sunny's house it looks vacant and he thinks he can seek shelter in the basement.

Soon after he gets their Sunny finds him and he knows he can't let her call the police. He keeps her hostage in the house but soon Sunny realizes Lewis is just as scared as she is. The
Katherine Paschal
Sunny is devastated after the sudden loss of her parents when she discovers a man has been hiding in her basement during a snow storm. Homeless Lewis has been living on the streets for the last 3 years and was just looking for place to quietly wait out the horrible snowstorm. He ends up holding her "hostage" in her own house, taking away phones and monitoring her moves, until her mean ex-boyfriend shows up and Lewis defends Sunny. Sunny then realizes that she wants to help Lewis get on his feet ...more
Rebekah
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
I don't like to read romance novels in general but I made an exception and it paid off. Throw away everything you've thought about romance novels because Blue Sky is better.

Sunny is numb after the recent death of her parents. She feels lost and fuzzy- like she is out of focus. Her best friend Meg is a rock and tries to help her keep things together. And then she meets Lewis. At first she feels like a captive- held hostage in her own home and then Sunny's world is turned upside down. Lewis just
Konstanz Silverbow
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book has rendered me speechless. Such an adorable, lovable story! It truly took me by surprise and right from the beginning I was caught up in the book, unable to put it down, reading late at night not caring that I wasn't getting sleep. And every moment spent away from the book was spent thinking about the story.

The book is beautifully written and pulls you right in. Each character is unique, believable, and easy to connect with. This beautiful story teaches that mistakes are made, and
Jo Notary
326p Sunny is bereaving the sudden death of her parents. Lewis is a homeless runaway seeking shelter in Sunny's basement from an early winter storm. When they unexpectedly meet, Sunny wants nothing more than to kill him. After a bizarre hostage situation and a poker game, Sunny realizes that Lewis isn't out to hurt her. Their initial distaste turns to friendship and love, but Sunny isn't keen on starting a relationship with a man she knows so little about. Lewis is loyal, and his patience ...more
Jamie Carrier
Feb 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The biggest lesson for me was to never prejudge someone! Though precaution in real life activity is crucial (I would call the police or beat the crap out of someone if I found them in my home ;)), I loved that 2 people were ale to lean on each other, even in two very different difficult circumstances, to better themselves and each other.
Jeannie Mineer
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this! I was engaged and excited to finish it. I enjoyed her concise well thought out story. Thanks for a great fall weekend read!

My favorite character: Jack Jr
My favorite part: Sunny being all awesome in the Chapter "Distracted"
Sarah Boucher
Feb 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Unique and interesting, this story rotates around the developing relationship between two very damaged individuals. I enjoyed seeing their love and friendship unfold in a realistic fashion--not easy and without explanation, but slowly and in spite of overwhelming obstacles.
Alysia
Sep 13, 2015 rated it it was ok
It's an easy read. A fraught burgeoning romance.

I found the perspective a little annoying at times. The narrarator telling me how the subjects felt, rather than finding ways to demonstrate it. It's fine if it happens sometimes, but it felt like it happened a lot in this story.
Jodi
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
As my good friends know I am not a fast reader. I relish in each word almost painstakingly so. So for me to finish a book in two days says a lot. I love a good love story. Sappy I know. Anyway this was lots of fun to read. Keep em coming Melissa.
Misty Pulsipher
May 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
I definitely fell in love with this sweet romance and its unexpected origins. Who would've thought you could fall in love with a homeless guy who broke into your basement? I adore Jack and his personality. Love the moral threading through the story of salvation.
Natalie
Feb 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved everything about Blue Sky. It is the first book in a while that I just couldn't put down. I felt the emotions that the characters were feeling.
Rachael
Feb 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Such a fun book! I couldn't put it down. I was interested in the main characters and was eager to see how it was all going to play out. I'll add this one to my "read again" list.
Linda
Diane Fulton
rated it did not like it
Mar 11, 2013
Melissa Lemon
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Loraine
Wendy
Sep 23, 2013
Maria Hoagland
Feb 13, 2013
Melissa has been writing stories since she could hold a pencil in her hand and she has a deformed, calloused finger to prove it. She began twisting fairy tales in the fifth grade when she wrote a story about George of the Jungle making his way to Neverland. Melissa enjoys writing, making music, reading, baking and running. She lives with her husband, three daughters and cat named Matilda.