Start by marking “The Big Book of American Trivia” as Want to Read:
The Big Book of American Trivia

The Big Book of American Trivia

3.54  ·  Rating details ·  198 Ratings  ·  13 Reviews
It's an extravaganza of the trivia kind! Impress your friends (or stump them) with knowledge about all things American--geography, history, entertainment, people, culture, and quirky miscellany. More than 3,000 questions will fill up countless hours of fun as you learn fascinating facts about our country. The Big Book of American Trivia is perfect for party games, family g ...more
ebook
Published 2011 by Tyndale House Publishers (first published January 8th 1997)

To ask other readers questions about The Big Book of American Trivia, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Big Book of American Trivia

Tori
Jan 03, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: trivia
First I’ll start by saying that I love to challenge myself. Because of this I have always been a fan of trivia and such. What I really love about trivia aside from challenging myself is that it becomes such a great learning experience. After all we can never learn too much right? So I was pretty excited to get the chance to review this book.

It’s a really fun read that can keep you, family, and friends occupied for hours. Such a great way to spend some down time and test your knowledge. My hubby
Donna
Jan 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Think you know a lot of American trivia? Want to match your wits against your friends? This book is the resource for you. There are over 3,000 questions/answers to enlighten and entertain you, your friends, and your family. Questions encompass areas like Presidents, states, writers, and composers. Time periods range from early American history to today's world, so you will never be bored or unchallenged. Sample questions include: "What visual contribution did cartoonist Thomas Nast make to Ameri ...more
Terri
Feb 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book as a Kindle free download. All the reviews were positive ( 4 & 5 stars only).

I started reading the book as soon as it was on my Kindle Fire. I love how the trivia questions have a blue link at the end of the question to lead you to the correct answer. That makes it so much easier when using this book as a game. My husband loves history, especially American history. This book will also help my oldest son with American history as we play this as a trivia game.

I see my little
Cathi
Aug 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is a lot of fun, especially for a trivia lover like me. We've taken it on many road trips, and the kids and I have even snuggled up on our bed with it. It's got some great categories: entertainment, music, sports, sights to see, presidents, art, decades, etc. It also has a trivia section about all fifty states--terrific for kids studying them in school! This book has something fun to offer all ages, from upper elementary students to adults who enjoy quirky facts rolling around in their ...more
Megan
Dec 02, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Big Book of American Trivia is a fun book to use as a game for the whole family. It's also a great book to use to quiz yourself, because all the questions for each quiz are given at the end of the quiz so if you write it down you can see how well you do at the end. This is a book I can see using many times and would recommend it.

I received a complimentary copy of this book to review. I was asked to give my honest opinion of the book - which I have done.
Shanan
Jul 05, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In A Nutshell:
I originally planned to swap this book but after I started reading through the trivia questions, I do not want to part with it. There are some questions that are just fun or funny. There are some questions that are more serious and historic. Overall, this book is a lot of fun to read and even better to read with a group of friends or family.
Leslie
Feb 05, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Fun. some of the questions repeat information a little but over all it gave a wide variety of questions and levels of difficulty. I learned some things and had a blast quizzing David. Great for car rides. will have to pull it out if mom comes to visit.
Tine
Dec 11, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: geography
A very concise and complete book with questions on almost any topic that you could possibly think of about the USA. For instance, which U.S. is only 90 miles from Havana, Cuba? (The answer is Key West).
Tori
We read this for HomeSchool and it was very interesting. We also somehow got the Kindle version later by accident, but we are reading it too because after looking at the Q and As it has different questions, so learning more trivia.
Mitch Donaberger
Feb 19, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meh.
Jennifer Daniel
A good sampling of US history. A little too much focus on entertainment as I was looking for a purely historical type trivia.
Eve Gaal
Oct 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It's like being on Jeopardy!
Kerry
Bob
Jul 05, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
  • I Wish I Knew That: U.S. Presidents: Cool Stuff You Need To Know
  • More Glimpses of Heaven: Inspiring True Stories of Hope and Peace at the End of Life's Journey
  • A Prince Among Dogs: and Other Stories of the Dogs We Love
  • How to Save Money at Home: A Room-by-Room Guide to Cut Spending
  • The Beginners Guide To Knitting - Learn How To Knit The Easy Way
  • 19 Lessons On Tea
  • 50 Keys To Better Photography!
  • It's Only Natural: 200 natural cleaning product recipes to have
  • Cry Into the Wind: A True Story
  • The Bet
  • The Jesus Experiment: What Happens When You Follow in His Footsteps?
  • Making Sense of People: Decoding the Mysteries of Personality
  • Bronze
  • Armed Gunmen, True Facts, and Other Ridiculous Nonsense: A Compiled Compendium of Repetitive Redundancies
  • Basic Soap Making: All the Skills and Tools You Need to Get Started
  • The Goose That Laid the Golden Egg: Accutane - The Truth That Had to Be Told
  • The Moving Prison: A Novel
  • Puzzlebook: 101 Puzzle Quizzes (color and interactive!)
J. Stephen Lang's favorite game is Trivial Pursuit, and his favorite book is the Bible. Lang is a best-selling author whose other titles include "The Ultimate Book of Bible Trivia," "The Complete Book of Bible Promises," "The Big Book of American Trivia", and "The Complete Book of Confederate Trivia." He lives in Seminole, Florida.

More about Stephen J. Lang...