Start by marking “Execute” as Want to Read:
Execute

Execute

Published 2012 by Josh Long

To ask other readers questions about Execute, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Execute

Start your review of Execute
Chamara Paul
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: web designers
Shelves: read-2013
This was a super quick read, but ultimately disappointing. It was just so poorly written: full of grammatical errors, self-contradictory and repetitive. I felt like I was reading a first draft of a multi-part blog post. I do appreciate that the authors "practiced what they preached" in writing this book in only 8 days, but I don't think you can apply building a website to writing a book. I was at least happy to find some value in the chapter on inspiration and in the essay at the end written by ...more
Curtismchale
Mar 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
While there is an epidemic of people talking about doing work and producing nothing, this is not the book to inspire confidence in the strategy of just executing.

The authors contend that you need to just work as you’re inspired and passionate and it will work out. If this book is any indication, they’re wrong. It meanders and repeats itself all over. They try to convince us that Small Viable Product is different than Minimum Viable Product. But it’s not and they didn’t think far enough ahead to
Demian Seiler
Dec 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I am certainly not a grammar-guru, nor would I consider myself as having any other literary credibility to judge a book. That said, this book has many flaws... And I love them all. The reason I love them all is because they actually started and shipped this book within about a week. The point of the book isn't to be perfect. The point is to document the ideas behind shipping early and often fueled by inspiration. It delivers. There does seem to be redundancies but they just reinforce the point. ...more
Sukhneet Singh Virk
Dec 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
Awesome book.

The whole time I read it, I kept thinking "these guys wrote this thing in 8 days..."

Within the first few pages, I stopped and emailed people to interview for my podcast.

The week before reading this book, I spent time worrying about a microphone, the format, the questions, and other things that could be solved quickly.

The book helped me adopt a mindset of testing out ideas I have right away.
Floris Verloop
Mar 27, 2013 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: abandoned
Didn't like the writing, it felt really rushed, which makes sense since the entire book was written in a week. The writer talks about fast paced execution, but the book itself showed me that this comes at the cost of quality.
Enrique Sánchez
There are a lot of hard and thought-provoking truths in this book, and it sure makes you want to jump into your computer and start building.

The book is poorly written and suffers from idea repetition, but considering it was written in one week I didn't mind that too much.
puyol5
Feb 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Rating: 8/10
Thomas
Oct 02, 2014 rated it did not like it
Terrible copy, worst book I ever read. And from a technical side, the .mobi version is completely broken, can't select anything on a Kindle and thus can't look for definitions.
Ignas
Jul 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorite
Nice book, which motivates to act and execute. Of course you can easily feel that it was written in 8 days, but still really worth to read if you have problems to ship the product.
Liz
Oct 11, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: own-r
This is such an awful book. It's a book by a guy explaining how he's going to write a book in 8 days. Fine. But it's still an awful read. Would not recommend.
João Ramos
Super simple and good to read.
Really love the book. Let's get execute
Mateus Pinheiro
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great quick book. Very inspirational and a beautiful view into Drew's process. Highly recommended to all web people, and all non-web people too!
Adrian
Feb 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Light read but inspiring about get shit done and ship your projects
Tim
Jun 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
All creatives (like me) should read this. All planners (like me) should read this. All workaholics (like me) should read this.
Matt Quirk
Jun 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was a great confidence booster in getting into making my own apps, things, and generally becoming more self sufficient.

Big thanks to Josh and Drew!
Tiago Dias
Everyone that want to build something should read this book. It shows you how to accomplish things based on your inspiration. It's a must read book.
Tomáš Heřman
Mar 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Ideas are good, but the writing is pretty bad. You can really see that they wrote it in just 8 days. Still worth reading, though.
Mike Vardy
Nov 15, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: digital-library
Considering this book was essentially written in a little over a week, it's very well done. The message behind it is good (although it does get rehashed many times over), so it's a book I was able to get through far quicker than most of what I've read before. If you're in need of a kick in the ass, Exectue will help you out. Just make sure you don't dwell on the words to much inside of it and focus more on the message instead.
Marc Jenkins

• Traction: A Startup Guide to Getting Customers
  • Do More Faster: Techstars Lessons to Accelerate Your Startup
  • The End of Jobs: Money, Meaning and Freedom Without the 9-to-5
  • The 7 Day Startup: You Don't Learn Until You Launch
  • 40 Rules for Internet Business Success: Escape the 9 to 5, Do Work You Love, and Build a Profitable Online Business
  • Hello, Startup: A Programmer's Guide to Building Products, Technologies, and Teams
  • The Firm: The Story of McKinsey and Its Secret Influence on American Business
  • The Suitcase Entrepreneur
  • Hatching Twitter: A True Story of Money, Power, Friendship, and Betrayal
  • Business in Blue Jeans: How to Have a Successful Business on Your Own Terms, in Your Own Style
  • Only the Paranoid Survive. Lessons from the CEO of INTEL Corporation