Start by marking “Vijf” as Want to Read:
Vijf

Vijf

(Beatrice Kaspary #1)

In de vroege ochtendmist wordt in een weiland het lichaam van een vrouw gevonden. Ze is vermoord, en op haar voetzolen zijn coördinaten getatoeëerd. Bij die aangegeven plek wordt een andere macabere vondst gedaan: een in plastic verpakte hand en een raadsel met nieuwe coördinaten. Rechercheur Beatrice Kaspary en haar collega Florin Wenninger krijgen de opdracht op zoek te ...more
Published January 2nd 2013 by Cargo (first published January 1st 2012)

Diane S ☔
Jun 16, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
One would think after all the mystery books I have read that I could figure out the who before the big reveal, but apparently not. Which goes to the author's credit especially since this is her first mystery and it is a good one.

A puzzle within a puzzle, clues found by geocacheing, which in the states we call letter boxing. It is a lot of fun, two good friends and mine did this for a couple of years and it was a blast. One follows clues posted on a website and you look for the hidden box. In geo
Pat
Dec 18, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, 2015

This was an excellent read. Detectives Beatrice Kaspery and Florin Wenninger receive a case in which a woman is found dead in a cow pasture with map coordinates tattooed on the heels of her feet. So begins a chase for a serial killer whose victims are found through geocaching - GPS coordinates given to 'hunters' to find a treasure. As the killer continues to give the police their clues, it seems they are always behind in finding him.

Excellent writing in this novel and I did not figure
Nancy Oakes
it's pretty far away from what I'm reading these days, but it is what it is; and I seriously needed a reading break.

The discovery of a woman's body at the bottom of a rock face turns into a bizarre case involving geocaching, one that keeps the detectives of the Salzburg State Office of Criminal Investigation on the move while trying to decipher strange clues at different gps locations. The dead woman provides the first clue; she has what turns out to be gps coordinates tattooed on the bottoms o
Viv JM
I read this book as part of German Literature month (see here for details: https://beautyisasleepingcat.wordpress.com/2016/09/22/announcing-german-literature-month-vi/ ). Ursula Poznanski is an Austrian author and this was translated into English by Jamie Lee Searle.

A woman is found murdered and tattooed onto the soles of her feet are a series of numbers and letters. These turn out to be map co-ordinates and what follows is the most twisted geocaching treasure hunt ever!

“Five” is a fast paced an
Heidi
Have you ever heard of geocaching? Or even done it yourself? It sounds like fun, doesn’t it – a sort of GPS treasure hunt for hidden caches all around the world. It was certainly on my horizon as something that I’d like to do, but I am not so sure now after reading Poznanski’s dark and disturbing thriller, where a crazed killer sends the police on a gruesome geocache hunt ....

If you love police procedurals with a very different theme, then this should definitely be on your radar! Detectives Beat
lebe.liebe.lese [Tina]
Ursula Poznanski ist einfach eine super Autorin. Egal ob Jugendbuch oder Thriller... 💕
L.A. Starks
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a fine translation of a well-plotted mystery set in Salzburg, Austria. Archer does a particularly good job of explaining and tying up the story at the end. The climax will leave readers with more sympathy for the antagonist than might be expected.
Aleshanee
Aug 04, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller
Von der Autorin habe ich bisher nur "Saeculum" gelesen, was mir als spannendes Jugendabenteuer schon sehr gut gefallen hat. Bei "Fünf" hat mich vor allem auch der Thriller Aspekt angesprochen und auch wenn es mich eher an einen Krimi erinnert, war die Spannung zwischendurch doch immer wieder präsent.

Der Prolog hat mich schon sehr neugierig gemacht und ich hatte schon einige Ideen im Kopf, um was es gehen könnte, natürlich ohne zu wissen, was tatsächlich dahinter steckt.

Die Ermittler sind hier da
Elaine
Sep 17, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
“A series of co-ordinates tattooed on the feet of a murder victim lead the police to a box containing body parts - and a note from the killer with a series of cryptic clues to the identity of the next victim. A nail-biting, page-turning thriller that will send shivers down your spine”

An Austrian crime thriller set around the activity of geocaching – two things I had not come across before, so I was a little bit out of my comfort zone but in the end I thoroughly enjoyed this read. It was a little
Joy
Mar 09, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Creepy!! What a suspensful thriller! I will never look at Geocashing the same again! Rated this a 4.5!
Literameer
„Fünf“ war mein erstes Buch, welches ich von Ursula Poznanski gelesen habe. Auf Grund der vielen positiven und begeisterten Rezensionen, welche ich sowohl zu ihren beiden vorherigen Werken als auch zu „Fünf“ gelesen habe, war ich schon sehr gespannt auf dieses Buch. Doch ich kann mich den überschwänglichen Lobgesängen leider nicht anschließen.

Das Thema Geocaching war für mich ganz neu und gleich zu Beginn erhält man von der Autorin eine interessante Einführung in das Thema. Sie erklärt verständl
Rocio
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Una novela muy bien planificada donde el asesino le va dejando pistas a la policía a través de unas coordenadas, con en el juego de geocaching. Me resultó muy entretenida.
Hillary Pincus
Jan 08, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: bom-2015
A good mystery! I thought I had figured it out mid-way through this read, but I was wrong! Some good twists and turns.
Lisa
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle
3,5 Sterne

Zum Ende hin kommt es in Gange, vorher fehlte mir die Spannung. Die Auflösung ging mir dann doch zu schnell.
Yv
Mar 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Ik kende Ursula Poznanski van haar YA boeken Erebos en Layers. Beide boeken die een raadsel verweven in het verhaal en beide boeken waren ontzettend leuk om te lezen. Tijd dus om eens een volwassen thriller van haar te proberen.

Ook hier is Poznanski wederom een kéí om een bijzonder element in een verhaal te verweven. Dit keer is dat geocoaching, een zoekspel waarbij je door middel van coördinaten bij de "schat" aankomt. Leuk detail is dat Poznanski in haar nawoord vertelt dat ze hier zelf ook ac
Steffi
Mar 06, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: neu-2015, read-2015
Bisher kannte ich nur die Jugendromane "Erebos" und den ersten Teil der Trilogie "Die Verratenen" und leider konnte mich die Autorin mit den beiden Bücher nicht überzeugen. Mit ihrer Krimi-Reihe wollte ich allerdings noch eine Chance geben und bin sehr froh, dass ich dies getan habe.

Den Fall fand ich sehr interessant, insbesondere in Verbindung mit dem Geocaching, was auch in die Ermittlung eingeflossen bin. Das war für mich völlig neu und habe ich so noch in keiner Art gelesen. Das gibt schon e
Library_boyfriend
I liked it! The writing style was impressive, especially since it was a translation. There were frequent flashbacks that didn't disrupt the storyline or pace. It was easy to follow, yet kept up a decent pulse.

I love the topic of geocaching. A unique twist on a mystery/thriller for me. I was fascinated with this hobby that I'd never heard of. It brought a nice element of intrigue. The clues were gruesome, and much of the book reminded me of an advanced and more graphic episode of Criminal Minds.
Madlen Koch
Mar 05, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ein spannender Thriller mit einer interessanten Idee. :) Das Thema Geocaching ist in diesem Buch ganz gross geschrieben und macht es (jedenfalls für mich) aussergewöhnlich.
Allerdings hätten etwas mehr Tempo, ein paar blutige Szenen und etwas tiefgreifendere Charaktere nicht geschadet. Daher gibt es einen Stern weniger.
Nichts desto trotz hat mich das Buch sehr gut mit seinen Geheimnissen unterhalten. Man hat zwar immer mal eine Ahnung, aber man kommt trotzdem nicht auf die Lösung. :D
Frau Poznansk
Katherine
Jan 18, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mrtvolky
3,5 / 5*

Máte rádi geocaching?

Ano? -> Tuhle knihu musíte přečíst.
Nee? -> Tuhle knihu musíte přečíst.

Susan
Feb 05, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well written, especially being a translation and good mystery. I did pretty much have the killer figured out but wasn't quite sure about the motive until close to the end.
Michaela Mitsuko Sklenářová
Ano! Uhodla jsem zapletku! Takze bud to bylo vic nez jasne nebo mi to zacina palit... spis to prvni, ale nevadi. Cetlo se to dobre a proste mam ze sveho uspechu takovou radost, ze uz jen kvuli tomu musim dat plny pocet! :)
Tema geocachingu deji hodne svedci a je videt ze si ho autorka nastudovala. Tecku dodal jeji dovetek, kde vysvetluje, ze vsechny pouzite souradnice jsou skutecne a az na par uprav odpovidaji realite. Az me to primelo premyslet, jestli se na tuhle zabavu taky nedat. TFTB (thanks
Cindy
Feb 01, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
I felt that this book was well thought out and certainly had me stumped. Ms. Archer sure writes 'crazy' well. I admit to thinking that the clues just went on a little to long and the middle portion of the book got a little bogged down for me, but it picked right back up again in the last 50-60 pages. I liked the writing style and I hope the author brings Beatrice back and turns this into a series because I'd be interested in following her story a bit longer.
Els Baert
Feb 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Vijf krijgt van mij **** sterren
Ook al is het gebruik van geocaching origineel, het verhaal heeft mij nooit echt vastgegrepen. Het spanningsniveau en psychologisch gehalte vond ik te gering om het boek meer punten te geven.
Tevens ben ik teveel fouten tegen gekomen en te weinig (eigenlijk zo goed als geen) mooie zinnen.
Waarom dan toch nog een 8.
Poznanski kan schrijven en het verhaal zit goed in elkaar, tevens is het onderwerp origineel.
Barbara ★
I'd heard the term geocaching before but never really knew what it was all about. This book makes me want to give it a try though in a decidedly less gruesome way. lol

I liked Beatrice Kaspary and her partner Florin Wenninger. They worked well together even though Kaspary is a bit of a hotdog wanting to do things her way. Of course, she gets herself in trouble where Florin has to save her but that's to be expected with a female cop always trying to prove themselves.

A strong mystery that kept me
Jakub Marek
I started reading this because the book popped in the feed of two of my Geocaching friends (not a mistake I will repeat, sorry if you read this :-P). My boyfriend gave up on it at about page 50, saying it's not a detective story but a GC ad.
Well, I don't think it's THAT bad, but not that great either. The ever present tropes of nordic noir - geez, yet another detective with disfunctional family, the sexist boss who cares more about his public image than murders, the daaaark seeeecret from the pa
Aylin Koç
Jan 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Erebos gibi değil ama başlı başına bir şaheser olmuş. Aslında gayet mantıklı. Çok başarılı bir roman yazdıysan sonraki roman stresi fazla olsa gerek. Farklı tarzda yazmak... Evet bu mükemmel bir fikir olmuş. Bence yine başarıyı yakalamış.
Eren Coşman
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Psikopat bir katil. Kurbanlarına işkenceler yaparak onları öldürüyor. Polisle oyun oynuyor ve bundan zevk alıyor. "5" aşamalık bir gerilim. Her katmanda karışan olay örgüsü. Olayı çözmeye çalışan Beatrice Kaspary adında çok zeki ve güzel bir dedektif. Dudak uçuklatacak bir son.

Ursula Poznanski, yine çok ilginç bir konuyu bizlerle paylaşıyor. Erebos ve Saeculum'u okuduktan sonra bu kitabı da okuma kararı aldım. Kitabı okumaya başladım ve ilk sayfalarda açıkçası "acaba hiç başlamasa mıydım?" diye
Reinhold
Jun 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, crime
Insgesamt - zumindest für einen Cacher - eine interessante Geschichte. Anfänglich ging es relativ langsam voran, oder es wollte zumindest so scheinen. Bea - die Protagonistin - erinnert sehr stark an die Fernsehkommisarin Angelika Schnell. Vielleicht auch nur in meinem Kopf, aber irgendwie hatte ich immer dieses Bild im Kopf - erst gegen Ende hin, differenziert sich dieses Bild. Im letzten Drittel nimmt das Buch auch wirklich Fahrt auf und wird richtig spannnend. Schwer zu sagen warum es in den ...more
Anna-Lisa
Mar 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*** german review ***

Inhalt: Bea Kaspary und Florin Wenninger sind ein gut eingespieltes Ermittlerteam. Bea hat ein Auge für Dinge, die andere leicht übersehen. Ein Leichenfund scheint erst nichts Besonderes zu sein, bis sie auf der Fußsohle der Leiche Koordinaten finden. Geochaching-Koordinaten, die sie zu einer Box mit Leichenteilen und dem nächsten Rätsel führen. Der Täter fordert das Ermittlerteam zu einem gefährlichen Spiel heraus und plötzlich wird die Sache für Bea persönlicher als gedach
Doggie Book Club: September Book Discussion 16 13 Nov 01, 2016 12:00AM
  • Der Federmann (Nils Trojan, #1)
  • Abgeschnitten
  • Der Sarg
  • Final Cut
  • Todesurteil (Maarten S. Sneijder, #2)
  • Das Labyrinth erwacht (Labyrinth #1)
  • Spring Tide (Rönning & Stilton, #1)
  • Die Reinheit des Todes (Julius Kern, #1)
  • Das Dorf der Mörder (Sanela Beara, #1)
  • Kalte Stille
  • Alles muss versteckt sein
  • Die Katastrophe (Das Tal Season 1, #2)
  • Der Kindersammler
  • Blackout
Born on 30 October 1968 in Vienna, Ursula Poznanski (a.k.a. Ursula P. Archer), after finishing high school, she began studying Japanese studies, journalism, law and theater.

She has worked as a medical journalist since 1996.

She has been a published book author since 2003.

She lives with her family in the south of Vienna.
-------------------------------------
Geboren am 30. Oktober 1968 in Wien. Nach

Beatrice Kaspary (4 books)
  • Blinde Vögel (Beatrice Kaspary, #2)
  • Stimmen (Beatrice Kaspary, #3)
  • Schatten (Beatrice Kaspary, #4)