Start by marking “Fault” as Want to Read:
Fault

Fault

Liz is a regular teenager with a best friend who can get her into the best parties which is great until Liz gets roofied and raped one night at a party and when she starts to speak up, things get messy. When no one, including her best friend, believes her story, she finds herself absolutely alone and the target of bullies, threatening her to “stop lying.” Just as Liz is gi ...more
Published January 29th 2013 (first published January 28th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Fault, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fault

Olivia Triplett
Feb 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!

First off, thank you Amy Ellis for giving this book away for free ! I really enjoyed the first description, and was not let down.

I really want to make a point on how amazing the writing was in this novel. When I first read sentances like, "they stamped lier on my forehead in invisible ink" I might be guilty of smiling like an idiot to myself in the middle of geomotry class. Hearing things like "exes and whys" when the charecter is in math class is enough to make any reader do this:

Bu
Paulina
First of all thank you so so much Amy for giving me your amazing book to read for my honest review!!

This is a phenomenal, remarkable, amazing novel. I… I couldn’t think straight after I read this. It was so extraordinary; it was so moving and powerful!
The story follows a teenage girl called Liz and her bestfriend who can get her to a lot of parties. One night she gets roofied and raped. The story is told in haunting verses about how Liz loses her friends, how she is blamed for what happened to
Hannah Reed
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am a very big fan of novels written in verse, and this one was fantastic. Whilst it is quite short, a lot of story is packed into the pages. I read it in one sitting, and it just seemed to keep getting better the more I read, and the ending was perfectly done and didn't feel rushed at all. It's a book that I pick up a lot and re-read because it's so short, and yet I still haven't grown tired of it. I'd definitely recommend reading it.
Meghan Blenck
Dec 25, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was such a quick read but I decided to read it over again right away. It's a very powerful story. I loved it
Kendra
Wow. What do I even say about this book?

It's written in verse, which is one of my all-time favorite formats. It's haunting and memorable. It's nasty and heart-wrenching. It's just what we need.

After reading Girl Made of Stars last year, It's Our Secret (previously titled: She Asked For It) a few months before, books like Fault and those are so extremely important.

It's never your fault. You never deserve it. And I'll always believe you.
Jamie (TheRebelliousReader)
This was a heart breaking book to read. It's written in verse which I will honestly say I have not read too many books written in verse. This one I enjoyed thoroughly and it makes me want to read more. The main character went through something so terrible and then everyone turns on her, including her best friend. I think that was the hardest thing for me because I felt for her so much and she had nobody but her father. Even though this was a short read, I still had no idea how it was going to tu ...more
Medeia Sharif
Sep 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Liz is at a party when she's roofied and raped. Everyone turns on her, calling her a liar and a slut. Her former best friend loathes her, her car gets vandalized, and she's bullied at school. When she goes to the police days later, they tell her she must be mistaken, that she wasn't raped. She files charges and then cancels them. The bullying gets worse, but then mysterious letters appear in her locker. These letters tell her that she's not alone, that other girls in the school have been raped b ...more
Abbie
Amazing. This tale gave me shivers. I'm really thankful to the author for allowing me to read her work. I hope it gets published here in my country so my friends could read it too. Liz, the protagonist went through a heart-breaking experience and when she tried to do the right thing she was labelled as a liar and a slut. But soon she gained the silent support of others who were victims just like herself and in the end she gained the courage to make a difference. To be the voice for those who cou ...more
Olivia (Bookcomet)
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: giveaway
I was surprised at how much I liked the way the book was set out. This was the first book that I have read in verse, so I wasn't initially sure what to expect. This book was quite deep and very emotional. Even though it was a small story and there wasn't many pages, I still felt like I understood the characters featured in the story. I would recommend is book to people who like realistic fiction and verse books.
Jessica
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book was extremely powerful. I found this an easy read, and finished it in probably an hour, but I loved every minute of it. I felt extremely close to Liz, she let us in to her deepest thoughts and feelings; you end up understanding everything she is feeling, and become frustrated because no one else around her sees the truth. This book gives hope to everyone who has been used without their permission...extremely powerful. I would definitely recommend this to people.
Jess Mountifield
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arr, added-2013, read-2013
I was given a copy of this story by the author in exchange for a review.

This is the first time I've read a book in verse and it took me a little while to get into the style but as soon as I did I gulped the book down. I just couldn't put it down and it tugged my emotions all over the place. Loved the ending too.

Very good book.
Liv
Mar 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Very beautiful, very haunting. This story is a truly touching story about a girl dealing with the severe aftermath of getting raped. On top of it all, no one believes her. The format really adds to the emotion. Overall, this is a very short, but very well written story. Everyone should read it.
Christie Ramsey
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
I had the pleasure of getting to read and review this book. Starting off I was a bit Leary as to how it was being written. The format is different, however, you begin to read and understand the context of the story. You hear her thoughts. The ending with the thank you note and names was perfect.
爱心❤
Mar 09, 2013 rated it liked it
This book was incredibly powerful and moving. As it it, I can't resist novels in verse, and this one was perfect. Even though I only rated it a 3/5, it is still one of my favourite books and I would recommend this to anyone!

Thank you Amy for giving this for free.
Lauren
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: e-books, review
First off i want to thank the author for giving me a copy of the book to review this book only took me a day to finish i really enjoyed this book from beging to end i love how the chacter grew she did not let what anyone said reuin her life as it would anyone else.
Jam
Jul 29, 2014 rated it it was amazing
amazing book! writting in verse! I loved it!
Angela
Feb 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arr, arc, read-in-2013, rape
I was given a copy of this from the author through a group.

I really do love books in verse! This book has its ups and downs but overall it was a pretty good read :)
Mark
Feb 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For the first time reading a book written in verse, I feel I didn't make a mistake in doing so. I was impressed by Fault, a fantastic, yet harrowing story enough to give it a five star rating.
Alicia Weaver
Free Verse poetry novel that tells the struggle of one girl after she is raped and no one believes her. Such a quick read I almost need to read it again because I feel like I missed something.
Madeleine Trubee

• Things Left Unsaid: A Novel in Poems
  • Almost Forever
  • Counting Back From Nine
  • Splintering
  • Who Will Tell My Brother?
  • Please Don't Be True (Alice, #19-21)
  • Marijuanamerica: One Man's Quest to Understand America's Dysfunctional Love Affair with Weed
  • Good Luck, Fatty?!
  • Someone You Already Know
  • Hugging the Rock
  • The Waiting Tree
  • Dead on Ice (Lovers in Crime, #1)
  • The Trial