Start by marking “Creating Time: Using Creativity to Reinvent the Clock and Reclaim Your Life” as Want to Read:
Creating Time: Using Creativity to Reinvent the Clock and Reclaim Your Life

Creating Time: Using Creativity to Reinvent the Clock and Reclaim Your Life

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
Marney runs (and is) Artella - "art telling" - a community of creative people who take her workshops and use her website for inspiring their own creative efforts. CREATING TIME will include a brief explanation of time and our concept of time along with self-assessment questions that help readers focus on their own issues around time, their goals, what they love, and then u ...more
Published April 3rd 2012 by New World Library

To ask other readers questions about Creating Time, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Creating Time

Quinn
The first thing I notice about a book is the organization, and Creating Time gets high marks for excellent organization--three sections, 16 chapters, with titles that explain in depth what the section contains.

The material is followed by notes, acknowledgements, contributors' and Marney's bio. The foreword is in back, too, because the content begins and ends from the same point, Marney explains.

I read the book front to back, but that doesn't always happen with creatively-written books, and this
Callie Carling
May 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At last! A really beautiful, colourful book about dealing with Time in a way that is great fun, with practical exercises that ignite your imagination and tickle your soul, helping you to work with time in a different way.

An exquisite pleasure to browse and read, I loved reading Makridakis' concepts and the fun, playful way in which she introduces you to them. The quality of artwork contained within this book is seriously incredible, with some fantastic artists showcased within.

The best bit of t
M. Jane Colette
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I came across this book just as I was trying to reconceptualize my own idea of "I don't have enough time!" And I did find it provocative and playful... although--and I find this is a criticism I throw at almost everything these days!--I also found it overwritten. It could have been much shorter and tighter. The author does provide a "if you're short on time--and if you've picked up this book, you probably are!" cheat sheet for those who want to cut to the chase, so perhaps this complaint is unfa ...more
Mikell
Nov 09, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've waded through numerous books on managing time over the years, have taught workshops on the subject, and considered myself very knowledgable. Marney made me feel like a novice! Her book is over flowing with creative and innovative activities and concepts, and colorful illustrations to stimulate this right brained thinker. She takes us beyond linear time to view incorporate gratitude, synchronicity, visualization and more. Her explanation and blending of kronos (chronological and predictable) ...more
Mandi
Dec 21, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: spiritual, new-age
Zero Stars. NEW AGE GARBAGE. FIND JESUS <3
Pam
Nov 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I found this book to be very helpful in addressing the use of my creative time. Very well outlined exercises that are easy to incorporate or refer back to. I recommend it!
Bonnie
Jul 21, 2014
Megan Benson
Dec 06, 2016
Leslie
rated it did not like it
Jun 04, 2014