Start by marking “Creating Textured Landscapes with Pen, Ink and Watercolor” as Want to Read:
Creating Textured Landscapes with Pen, Ink and Watercolor

Creating Textured Landscapes with Pen, Ink and Watercolor

4.27  ·  Rating details ·  91 Ratings  ·  7 Reviews
Capture the Rich Textures of Nature, Step by StepCapture nature's beauty as you never have before. Beloved artist and teacher Claudia Nice leads you on an inspired journey through the great outdoors. With paints in hand, she shares with you her best techniques for creating landscapes that come alive with richness, depth and textured detail.Open this guide and start paintin ...more
Published February 16th 2012 by North Light Books (first published December 4th 2007)

Be the first to ask a question about Creating Textured Landscapes with Pen, Ink and Watercolor

F. P.
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: art, nonfiction
I look at this book quite often; it has lots of ideas inside with specific directions.

I find this artist's books reliably useful so I've bought almost every one I've seen in the bookstores. I don't try every exercise; some of her ideas involve painstakingly detailed inkwork (there are youtubes showing her working). I don't have the patience or energy I used to have for making many careful strokes.
Rita
Feb 04, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Poor resolution to images

I have the kindle version. I read on my iPad. A good portion of the book is written in the images along with the drawing. The resolution of the images in the kindle version is too low to even read in all instances. To enlarge them, makes them pixelated. I would comment on the content if I could even read it.
Vickie
Nov 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Beautiful images

Claudia is a wonderful artist and her paintings beautifully realistic. She gives complete instructions but is up to you to apply your creativity. Pen and ink is a medium you will not just pick up. You must apply the methods she writes about and practice, practice, practice.
Debra Lowman
Mar 24, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely book. Nice gives clear guidance and instructions that are easy to put in to practice. There is a lot to learn here.
Marilyn
Jul 02, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Nice does a great job breaking down the step to achieve realistic landscapes with ink and watercolor. Great illustrations and explanations.
Linny
Mar 20, 2014 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
very helpful for pen/watercolor technique, actually buildup process.
Wynmar Kevyn
Lot's of materials and techniques we should know. very informative cover to cover.
Rhea Peterson