Start by marking “Zero Calvin” as Want to Read:
Zero Calvin

Zero Calvin

(Zero Calvin #1)

Calvin Jones, a computer programmer in his mid-twenties, decides to skip work and meet his girlfriend at the beach instead. However, because of an accident, a trip to the hospital, death, and cryogenic freezing, he never quite makes it there. When Calvin is revived, he finds himself in a utopian society three hundred years in the future. But every society has its peculiari ...more
Paperback
Published November 12th 2003 by iUniverse

To ask other readers questions about Zero Calvin, please sign up.
Brian Cramer Damon,

Damon,

Thank you so much for your interest in Zero Calvin. Unfortunately, since this book is not a best seller, it is not on most librarian's radar. If you would like to see it on the shelf of your local library, the best way would be to donate a copy or two. Although, with the grammar and spelling mistakes that have slipped through the cracks, it might end up in the English language section under "Things not to do."

Cheers,
Brian Cramer (less)

Start your review of Zero Calvin
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
(I received this book for free as part of Goodreads First Reads giveaways).

(This review may contain spoilers).

I found this book to be an entertaining read from the get-go.

Calvin was an interesting character and I felt that the situations he found himself in were realistic and made sense for the storyline.

I found a lot of this book to be quite amusing, but at the same time, I thought the culture shock and everything did make sense. I felt the author did a really good job of portraying the problem
L
Jan 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
An explosive futuristic fest that’s quirky, idiosyncratic and fresh!

If you love scintillating sci-fi, technology and utopian societies then Zero Calvin will not disappoint. Full of tongue-in-cheek humor and hilarious irony {sometimes satirical} I spent many hours entertained by this witty debut. Incredibly clever and at times almost genius, the concepts created by the author I found to be most innovative. Like an eclectic mix of ‘The Matrix’ and Douglas Adams ‘Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy’
Michael Carter
Aug 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this book a lot. I liked it from the very first line.It uses techniques that I thought were funny and clever. The plot was very reminiscent of Futurama with Calvin beng Fry and Tarpa being Leela. This adds to the enjoyment of the introductory parts of the book.
I found the pace quick and the ending surprising and nicely built up to.
The descriptions of the future are really great, no boring details but some really intriguing ideas.
It would have been five stars but I didn't like the main
Tammy Hastings
Jan 30, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads-wins
I received this through First Reads Giveaways.

It was a pretty decent book. It had some grammatical/structural issues that really bugged me, hence the three stars. Content alone, it probably deserved four stars, but the book could have really benefited from some strong editing.

However, I did enjoy the book. It has a very Terry Prachett meets Red Dwarf vibe. Throw in JUST a splash of Nathan Fillion's character from Firefly, and you've got Zero Calvin.

I recommend it to all lovers of goofy sci-fi
Beth ~~Just One More Chapter I Swear~~
Absolutely fascinating take on what the future would be like with an AI in charge!! The world building was amazing, and every nook and cranny of this possible future was investigated. Who knew Tang and Guano could be so useful, gross but useful. Karma is the new currency and they have ways of dealing with delinquent and nefarious citizens (which I think would work out great for our current society). It is a quick, sarcastic read and really promising start to the series which hopefully will be ou ...more
Darrul
May 07, 2014 rated it liked it
I like books with this theme - the protagonist displaced into a completely foreign environment. The author does a good job describing the futuristic environment and I enjoyed the book. The negatives were too much telling versus showing and several grammar/spelling issues.
Jordan
Jan 31, 2014 rated it really liked it
Good book, kept me very intrigued all the way through. Definitely check it out you wont be disappointed.
Anthony O'Connor
Aug 24, 2014 rated it liked it
futurama meets robocop.
A fun book. Fast, slick, breezy, humorous and cynical all at the same time. I am intrigued as to what will happen next. A bit too flippant in places.
Karen
Jan 30, 2014 rated it really liked it
Enjoyed this book, different to what I normally read.
Dede Montgomery
Stuart Harvey
Aug 30, 2016
Ryan Robinson
Jan 26, 2013
rated it did not like it
Nov 30, 2013
Brenda
Daryl Moad
Pamela
Jan 02, 2014
Brian Cramer was born in New Jersey. Because of several failed attempts to escape the mysterious pull of the Garden State, he still lives there. He works for a custom cable assembly manufacturer and enjoys nature, technology, anime, the universe, and a hot cup of tea.

Zero Calvin (3 books)