Start by marking “My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake, #1)” as Want to Read:
My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake, #1)

My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake #1)

really liked it 4.0  ·  Rating details ·  52,581 Ratings  ·  2,421 Reviews
The New York Times and USA TODAY bestseller

Two secrets.
One bet.
Who will break first?

Taylor Caldwell can't decide if she wants to kiss her new college roommate or punch him.

On the one hand, Hunter Zaccadelli is a handsome, blue-eyed bundle of charm. On the other, he's a tattooed, guitar-playing bundle of bad boy. Maybe that's why Taylor's afraid of falling in love with him
Published January 28th 2013 by Harlequin (first published September 28th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about My Favorite Mistake, please sign up.

Tiffany Olson It's told from Taylor's POV the main character.

Brittni
Oct 18, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, dnf
DNF!!!!

This book is just not for me at all!!

photo shakingheadgif_zpsd5baaf4b.gif

I can't take it anymore!! I feel like this book is wasting my time. I can't seem get into it because I can't stand the main character Taylor. I couldn't connect with her at all. She is such a rude bitch for no reason. How can you be mean and hate someone you just met?!? Just Psycho!!! I don't understand how she has any friends with her attitude and snarky comments. I couldn't do it!!!.

Hunter was hot but very cheesy. Everything he said that was sexual,
edzkie♥§*.*§♥
for my love of Hunter...10++++++ stars!!

When Hunter shows up at her doorstep, claiming he’s her new roommate, & to share one room with him since the other room was occupied with her two girl roommate, Taylor was not happy. They made a deal. Hate him, Love him, or have sex with him. Either of the three, which she needs to prove or do with him will make him leave.

"I had to get Hunter out of my life. I wanted him. I wanted him to kiss me and touch my face and put his fingers in my hair. I wa
Angela
DNF at 3% (edited to add some quotes from later in the book)

I just can't do it. I can't handle another 'strong woman' who is actually a bitch and abusive. I don't accept this behavior in men, I won't accept it in women.

The book starts by saying that the MC (Taylor) hits Hunter the first time she meets him...

The first time I met Hunter Zaccadelli, I punched him in the face. Granted, he completely and totally deserved it. He also asked for it, in so many ways.

I decided right then and there that
Duchess Nicole
Wow, I just could not get into this book. I had so many ‘shaking my head’ moments, and if it were possible for my obsessive side to put a book down, this would have been a dnf for me within the first few chapters. As it was, I should have known after Hunter and Taylor’s first meeting that I wouldn’t enjoy it. But I kept trucking along. There were many reasons for my dislike. I try not to write ranty reviews, so I’ll try to sum it up quickly and write this just for my friends that know what I lik ...more
Tough Critic Book Reviews
3.5ish...4?

You better get your sex ponchos ready because this book oozes, drips, and sprays sexual tension all over the place! And we all know how I feel about sexual tension...

"Knock, Knock"
"Who's there?"
"Sexual"
"Sexual tension?"
"Ummmm no."
"Then go the f**k away!"

Nothing gets my knickers in a twist quicker than a good long buildup! Sends my moist-o-meter into overdrive!! I think this book broke my moist-o-meter!

First let me say that this book is not a Beautiful Disaster love child. Yes, Hunter'
Sandra
3.5 STARS!

Two secrets. One bet. Who will break first?

I really liked My Favourite Mistake!
It was a great YA/NA novel with characters i could relate to.

26f3791d 5430 4957 9d4d 481bb275e23a zpsfd80f4f4

On the one hand, Hunter Zaccadelli is a handsome blue-eyed bundle of charm. On the other, he's a tattooed, guitar-playing bad boy.
Maybe that's why Taylor's afraid of falling in love with him, or anyone else. She doesn't want to get burned, so she needs hi
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
4.25-4.5 Stars

I hated him. I hated how he got under my skin. I hated how, for a second, I thought about pushing him up against the library and making out with him.

The blurb for this book included the following description for our Hero: “Tattooed, guitar-playing bundle of bad boy.” Oh yea. With those seven words, I was immediately sold. Shocker, I know (lol). So as soon as this book came out, I was all over it.

The first time I met Hunter Zaccadelli, I punched him in the face.

Above is the fir
Judith (Judith'sChoiceReads)

My Review

This book was not what I expected. The premise of My Favorite Mistake promises a refreshing New Adult contemporary romance, a read that I found myself anticipating. Sadly, I couldn't even make myself finish reading the whole thing. There are a number of emotions associated with this read for me: anger, disappointment, but ultimately, exhaustion, just to name a few.

I got nothing out of reading this, and while I could very well rage about the poor characterization, lack of plot, and en
April Avelino

Why do I freaking love this book?

Its all because of Hunter Zaccadelli. Now I'm really in love at first read. (:

Where have you been all my life? You.Are.So.Hot.

Taylor Caldwell. What a lucky girl! Having a HOT roommate all by herself!

1 room. 2 beds. A female sleeping in the same room with a guy who always sleeps NAKED.

I shoved my face under the covers. I did not just see that. I peeked out again. Yup. Hunter Jr. was awake and standing at attention. Oh. My. God. I faced the wall, unable to loo
Rose
Initial reaction: If anyone makes light of the fact that Chelsea Cameron's "My Favorite Mistake" has similarities to Jamie McGuire's "Beautiful Disaster" - they are quite accurate on some levels. I saw the work as a typical "paint by numbers" New Adult story with no original backing or appeal. The characters in this narrative were equally insufferable, and I felt that even when I learned about their respective histories, the reflection on their personas and pains seemed oddly one-dimensional. Th ...more
Haley ~ YA-Aholic
Sep 25, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I recently re-read this (well most of it) and have moved my rating down to a 1 star.

Taylor is one of the worst main characters I have ever read. She is selfish, immature, and annoying. This book has the same plot line as most new adult novels, but My Favorite Mistake didn't execute it as well as the others. Will not be finishing this series, and most likely will not be reading Chelsea's other series.
Pam
Oct 22, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: love-story, 4
4 stars
”Loving you was the best mistake I ever made.”

Taylor opens the door to her new roommate only to find Hunter with a footlocker, backpack and a guitar. Taylor’s pissed, even more so than normal, she can’t believe her luck …
”There must be a mistake”
“That’s a creative name. What do you shorten it to? Missy?”

Everything about Hunter sets Taylor off, his cocky smile, his no filter of a mouth, him being a guy and the fact that she wants to punch and kiss him all at the same time. Taylor h
Elizabeth (Liz)
Aug 04, 2012 marked it as in-progress-set-aside  ·  review of another edition
DNF

This came off as way too immature for me.
Christy
This book was so great.  I LOVED HUNTER!!!!! He was the complete package! Wow... okay, Taylor and her two roommates find them self with an unexpected roommate in the coed dorms... Hunter. The first time Taylor meets him she punches him in the face. I could go on and on about this book, I read it in one sitting because I could not put it down and I had a smile on my face the whole time! If you haven't read it you are missing out! Read it!!!!!

I hate to say it but this is going to end up being more of a rant than a review, I just can't talk about this book without going into detail about the main character's completely unacceptable behaviour and I have a whole heap of quotes I'll be using to back that up. I really hate this trend that female characters have to act like a complete bitch to be seen as a strong woman, the trend that says it is OK for a girl to beat up on a guy because she has had a bad experience in the past. Domestic vi ...more
AJ
Sep 30, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have a new book boyfriend and his name is Hunter Zaccadelli. Holy swoony perfection, I’m totally cougar over him!

College student Taylor meets Hunter when he is allocated student housing with her and two of her girlfriends. Totally freaked out at the thought of sharing her room with a boy, Taylor immediately goes on the defensive. Hunter counters with some hilariously flirty banter and their relationship is established. And I loved it!!!

“Just to let you know, I talk in my sleep.” He shifted on
Catarina
Mar 10, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult
This book tells us the story of Hunter and Taylor a.k.a. Missy.
They are both broken, they both have secrets that don’t want to share and they both have parts of their lives that they will do anything to keep private.
So when they are forced to be roommates it’s not going to be easy to coexist, especially when Taylor doesn't trust guys and will do anything to put him away.
So they make a bet: If she can prove to him that either hate him or love him he will go away and leave their house.
But as th
D.G.
Feb 08, 2013 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviewed
DNF

I can't take it anymore. This girl is too freaking childish, nasty, abusive, selfish, angry, violent, nosy, and a man hater too boot. Having a childhood trauma DOES NOT give you the right to hit people or to have violent temper tantrums. By that logic, we should all forgive Hitler because he was an abused child.

I can read about people I don't like if at least they learn from their mistakes or acknowledge when they are wrong. This girl (she's not a woman) does nothing of the sort (at least til
I love Hunter Zaccadelli....it was great reading this chapter from his point of view. I always love reading the other POV to hear both sides of the story. I wish all books were written in Dual POV.

Merged review:

OMG....this book was wonderful. I LOVED Hunter...he was fantastic:) I thought his and Taylor's relationship was great. It wasn't insta-love, it took time to develop and mature. I loved their banter...it made me laugh many times. Hunter was such smart a$$ you just had to love him. I did th
M.
REVIEW WITH SPOILERS

This book failed to impress me from chapter one but I wasn't expecting much, to be honest. My Favorite Mistake has two one dimensional characters that I failed to connect with. We got Taylor, a short tempered, evil bitch character that despite being the victim of a sexual assault failed miserably to make me feel sorry for her, mainly because she was a rude, mean person, who thought that just because she had a fucked up past she was entitled to bursts of violence against the
Holly's pages in pink
This book swings in with a firm three stars for moi- here is why folks:

Here.We.Go.

Taylor is beginning her Sophomore year of college at UMaine- One of her roommates has backed out last minute and a replacement sent to the dorm room she shares with Darah and Renee- all good..except... the new roomie is a DUDE! No WAY! Not only that, but a HOT dude. Woot!!!

She is beyond livid that she has to share ANY space with "HIM" (aka Hunter)... in addition to THAT- She drew the short straw and gets to bunk w
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
"Love is so much more powerful than hate"

I really liked this one and I am totally in love with Hunter... I loved the way they met each other, I loved the hate-love relationship and I loved their first kiss and their story :)

Guys, if you liked Beautiful Disaster you will like this one (Hunter is more gentleman than Travis by the way... but they both are great).

Favorite quote:

"Love is so much more powerful than hate. I used to hate you, but it's so much easier to love. And that's something you
Gamze
Mar 15, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Üniversitedesiniz, 3 yakın arkadaşınız ile ev sayılabilecek bir alanı paylaşıyorsunuz. Aslında orası 4 kişilik iken sadece 3 yakın arkadaş beraber kalacağınızı düşünüyorsunuz. Sonra bir sabah daha paketlerinizi bile açmadan kapınız çalınıyor, karşınızdaki kişi bir erkek. Hem de en yakışıklısından :) Ve size oda arkadaşınız olduğu söyleniyor..

Taylor gibi şok geçirmemiz çok normal olurdu değil mi? Ve yurt görevlilerin bu durumu haber vermeden 4. oda arkadaşı
cεℓтïcεяαƨ мυƨε
TEASERs - GENRE: New Adult

"The first day I met Hunter Zaccadelli, I punched him in the face."

"He showed up with a foot locker, a backpack and a guitar. It was so beyond cliché that I didn't say anything for the full three seconds it took for me to assess him. Dark hair buzzed so short, his head was almost shaved, piercing blue eyes, and at least a foot on my 5'0. And a cocky smile to top it all off. He might as well have had Trouble tattooed on his forehead. "

“Are you uncomfortable with stayin
Akanksha❤ Søren♰
Love guy's POV.. I wish full and more books were written in their POV.. Its nice to get into their heads!

Merged review:

Loved the book! A little slow at a point, but amazing and wonderful throughout!
Loved all the characters very much!

“Why can't he stay with me?” Renee whined.
“Because you'll rape him in his sleep,” I said.
“You can't rape the willing, Tay,” she said, winking.
“You're disgusting.”
Lina Lovegood
Hunter war toll, aber Taylor hat mich wahnsinnig genervt. Die Geschichte hat mich nicht wirklich packen können, deshalb 3,5 Sterne
Isamlq
Nov 18, 2012 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
"You love me?" he asks her.
"No," she responds
"You hate me?" he then asks.
"I likely do," would be me responding in her place.

Meh.

I mean, truthfully it was fun when it counted; otherwise, it was a bit lot of nothing much. She's sensitive and damaged and has a history she's not dealing with as does the guy. Where she's prickly and tough girl, he's sad sad sad but putting on a front: an ass hole jerkface front that rightfully rubbed her the wrong way the first time they laid eyes on each other. Only
Wanderlust
Cover & Title - 4 out of 5
Favorite Line - “I love you, Missy girl. Even if I can't be with you, know that I'm here. So, that's it. More than the stars, Taylor. More than the stars.” & “Love is simple. You fall and that's it. You'll work the other stuff out. You just gotta let yourself fall and have faith that someone will be there to catch you.”
Favorite Character - Taylor

I thoroughly enjoyed this emotional new adult book, it managed to not only live up to but surpass my expectations. Th
Always Reading
Jan 24, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Inhalt

Taylor Caldwell weiß nicht, was sie von ihrem neuen Mitbewohner halten soll. Auf der einen Seite hat Hunter Zaccadelli diese unglaublichen blauen Augen, mit denen er direkt in ihre Seele zu schauen scheint. Auf der anderen Seite ist er ein tätowierter, Gitarre spielender Bad Boy, der etwas verheimlicht. Doch wer ist Taylor, ihm das vorzuwerfen? Sie selber hält ihre Vergangenheit unter Verschluss. Aber als plötzlich der Mann, der beinahe ihr Leben zerstört hätte, wieder auftaucht, hat Taylo
Sofija
Oct 07, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I am a big fan of college romances. Unfortunately, it's very hard to find a good one.

So I was very excited when I found “My Favorite Mistake”. New college romance! What can be better? The description reminded me of “Beautiful Disaster”. Boy and girl forced to live together, boy former playboy now trying to win a girl over, girl is having her own reason to stay away from him, they make a bet. You can see similarities. I know that many people don’t like “Beautiful Disaster”, but I loved it so I wa
Can this book be read as a stand alone??? 6 129 Feb 13, 2015 06:53PM
Crazy for Young A...: My Favorite Mistake (My Favorite Mistake #1) by Chelsea M. Cameron → Start Date: January 25, 2014 31 52 Feb 07, 2014 01:25PM
Elie's Book Club: My Favorite Mistake by Chelsea M. Cameron 2 9 Feb 05, 2014 05:47PM
Should I continue listening to this book? 3 57 Oct 03, 2013 10:14AM
UMaine Alum 2 35 Sep 24, 2013 06:18PM
Taylor 4 102 Aug 16, 2013 03:18PM
  • Charade (Games, #1)
  • In the Band (Luminescent Juliet, #1)
  • Waiting for You (Waiting for You, #1)
  • Hope's Chance
  • From Ashes (From Ashes, #1)
  • Dangerous to Know & Love
  • Fall Guy (Youngblood, #1)
  • Crush (Crush, #1)
  • Bad Rep (Bad Rep, #1)
  • Tidal
  • Clash (Crash, #2)
  • The Secret of Ella and Micha (The Secret, #1)
  • Full Count
  • The Truths about Dating and Mating (Riordan College, #1)
  • Breaking Sin (Sin, #1)
  • Across The Hall
  • Buried Castles (Broken Fairytales, #2)
  • The Wild Ones (The Wild Ones, #1)
Chelsea M. Cameron is a New York Times/USA Today Best Selling author from Maine. She's a red velvet cake enthusiast, obsessive tea drinker, vegetarian, former cheerleader and world's worst video gamer. When not writing, she enjoys watching infomercials, singing in the car, tweeting (this one time, she was tweeted by Neil Gaiman) and playing fetch with her cat, Sassenach. She has a degree in journa ...more
More about Chelsea M. Cameron...

My Favorite Mistake (3 books)
  • My Sweetest Escape (My Favorite Mistake, #2)
  • Our Favorite Days (My Favorite Mistake #3)
“I can't promise not to make you mad. I can't promise that I won't hurt you. All I can promise is that I want you in my life, and I'll do anything to keep you there.” 271 likes
“I had to leave my debit card at home when I went into a bookstore or else I would drain my account.” 191 likes