Start by marking “The Karate Mouse” as Want to Read:
The Karate Mouse

The Karate Mouse (Geronimo Stilton #40)

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  1,991 Ratings  ·  81 Reviews
Enter the world of Geronimo Stilton, where another funny, cheesy adventure is always right around the corner. Each book is fast-paced with lively art and a unique format kids 7-10 will love. Geronimo Stilton gets caught up in the World Karate Championships, thanks to the efforts of Bruce Hyena and Piccolo Tao, Bruce's super-sporty cousin. Geronimo only has a week to become ...more
Published December 1st 2011 by Scholastic Paperbacks (first published January 1st 2005)

To ask other readers questions about The Karate Mouse, please sign up.

Trina Bhattacharya if you want to download books on an android device, then you must download a book reader. I recommend aldiko. then search for the book you want to…moreif you want to download books on an android device, then you must download a book reader. I recommend aldiko. then search for the book you want to download on the internet with the word 'epub' in the end. the book you download will be added to your bookshelf in aldiko(less)

Tim The Enchanter
Jan 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children
After seeing all of my 8 year old daughter's "Thea Stilton" my four year old was excited to learn that there were books about a boy mouse. I read this to my son over the course of several nights. While much of the book is over the head (and attention span) of a four year old, he found the majority of it to be quite amusing.

I generally do not fault children's books for their plots. In this one, Geronimo Stilton, a self-proclaimed "bookmouse", is secreted away by two friends and, without this know
Maria
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction, advanture
This book is about Geronimo Stilton. He is the publisher of the Rodent's Gazette, the most famouse newspaper on Mouse Island. One day Geronimo was enjoying bubble bath in the middle of shampooing his phone rang. He had soap all over his but the phone is kept ringing and ringing! It was his friend Bruce Hyena! Bruce likes all kinds of athletic activity. Bruce and his super sporty cousin. entered Geronimo in the Karate world championship. Geronimo couldn't believe it. But he don't know any single ...more
Wasif
May 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fiction
Geronimo Stilton has chosen for karate Championship. But He is not ready at all but his friend Bruce Hyena decided to make him a champion. Geronimo don't anything about karate!!
Freud
Oct 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Anthony Everhart
Dulli Ahmed
Mar 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was awesome we learnt karate from here
Benedict Randhawa
Jul 07, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Geronimo stilton run a most famous newspaper in mouse island. One day he enjoying his bubble bath. And his phone keep on ranging. It was his friend who enjoying all kind of sports. He told Geronimo stilton that Geronimo is going fight in Karate. Geronimo can say something his friend put his phone down. But Geronimo stilton doesn't anything about karate.
Megan
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thomas
I love this book because there is action and adventure. It was awesome.
H
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Its really funny. Geronimo is so scared of everything... Hah! I like it. The best part is when he gets his foot stuck in between the mats and can't get out. Hahaha!!!
Finn Rolink
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Vers nostalgic
Richard
Sep 17, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
In this, number 40 of the series, Geronimo Stilton’s adventurous friends blindfold him and fly him off to Japan to learn Karate. After a mere 7 days he fights in the world championships! Geronimo proves that if we try really hard and put our mind to something anything is possible.

However after Geronimo finishes his last fight the book moves to deal with a serious issue in sport, performance enhancing substances. Even though it is an excellent idea to teach children that cheating is wrong and has
Nataliajd96
Apr 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: third-trimester
Geronimo Stilton is not a sporty mouse. He's more of a book mouse, likes to relax and have some quiet time so,.... when his friends Bruce Hyena and Shorty Tao settled him on a plane to fly to a mysterious place that he didn't know of he felt panic. But when he found out that they were going to compete in the Karate World Championship, panic really came! Geronimo was no sporty mouse and he didn't know a thing about karate so how was he going to over come this challenge. He knew that his friends ...more
Meghan Hunt
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the first Geronimo Stilton book that I have read. I have to admit that I never understood the appeal of these books and was a little baffled by why they are so popular. I think I was put off by how busy the pages are with side information and the words that are randomly highlighted in a different font. I tend to think less is more. I am clearly not the intended audience, however. After reading this book, I am pleasantly surprised. I can see how it engages young readers and makes the chap ...more
Mia Knight
Before I came to fourth grade, I wasn't a very voracious reader. So most of the time I was reading books WAY below my level. Probably about third grade level when I was like three levels above it! But while I was reading books like this, I found this book, The Karate Mouse. I loved this book like a mom who loved her kids! I really love the characters personalities. I love how Geronimo always ends up doing something one of his family members wants him to do. I would really recommend this book to ...more
Akanksha
This book is a book about geroimo stilton and his adventures. geroimo does not really like sports, Instead he prefers to read, relax and spend time quietly. But this time his friends send him off to japan and into the world of karate. geroimo does not know a thing about karate and he has only 7 days to learn. Will geroimo win this championship and prove himself or will he not?

It was full of funny pictures. it was a very colourful book. this book was very fun to read. it crabs your attention fr
Weisser
Oct 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised by the vocabulary and educational factor in this book. The books are simply written so I understand why my students like them. Silly and irreverent, the authors bring lightness while providing information for students that may be outside of their normal surroundings.

In The Karate Mouse, Geronimo is exposed to the Japanese martial art of karate. The book explains the background and philosophy of karate and provides a wonderful vocabulary to go with it. G
Nicole Tsang
Aug 30, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The main character was the mouse Geronimo he is the one who run newspaper
This story is about moldy mozzarella geronimo his friends Bruce hyena and his super sporty cousin shorty Tao entered me in the karate world championship, he couldn't believe it.he wasn't in shape, and I didn't know to single karate move. And he only had one week to train how on earth was he going to become a champion karate mouse in just seven days?
Lucia
Sep 05, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
a great story, Geronimos just sitting at home when his friend, bruce, calls him.But bruce wasn't just calling him for fun and games, Shorty tao (bruce's friend) was going to a karate championship and they had both decided that Geronimo had to come to! Will Geronimo come back with a thousand bruises?
Callie Stillion
Sep 09, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: all-others
Geronimo Stilton doesn`t want to be in a Karate World Championship, until Bruce Hyena and his sporty cousin Shorty Tao sign him up for it.
The only catch is Geronimo has only one week to practice his routine and then he has to live up to find out that his partner is only the strongest mouse in the championship.
Will he win big? Or will Geronimo lose small?
Morgan
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
it is cool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kathryn
Oct 01, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: brendan
Gronimo enters Karate. I think that it is funy that the author of Gironimo Stilton is named Gironimo stilton.I think that Gironimo
(the real man) actuly does go on edventrs to the places he go he
goes to in books. And does the stuff he does in the books.
I also think that he also has a sister named Thea, a cousin ,trap
, and a nefue Benjemen.
Nho
Jul 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: geronimo-stilton
Geronimo Stilton gets caught up in the World Karate Championships, thanks to the efforts of Bruce Hyena and Piccolo Tao, Bruce's super-sporty cousin. Geronimo only has a week to become real champion material! Will Geronimo manage to overcome his fears in order to win the competition?
Mansha Bhatia
Sep 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
never expect my reviews to be bad about geronimo stilton books because that is never gonna happen . The Karate Mouse is just another amazing and fabulously written book by him .

and I recommend this to everyone out there . though a children's book but this gives a good time to even grown ups :)
Anna Liu
Jun 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thought that this book was interesting.I learned some karate moves and some Japanese.My favorite part of the book was when Geronimo did his special move that Sensei Yamamouse taught him and he flipped backwards because of the blinding light.
Nancy Jo Lambert
Wow! I knew the kids loved these books, but they are not what I thought they were. I put this on my historical fiction shelf because all throughout the book are these little nonfiction factoids. Funny, exciting, easy to read little chapter books!
Aditi Radhakrishnan
I really think the Geronimo series is cool...it's for kids but the layout, presentation and creativity is somehting we can learn from! This book additionally has a lot of info about Karate which is quite interesting (esp if you have learnt karate a little).

Mckenzie 11-12
Oct 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy
Since ive been in second grade ive always loved to read these Geronimo Stilton books! I like them because the author, when theres a action verb or word he always draw's little pictures on them. EXAMPLE: the word looking has eyes on them its funny! I hope you can read these to!
Shrayansh
Aug 14, 2014 is currently reading it  ·  review of another edition
Farrah
Oct 21, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I didn't think I was the best Geronimo Stilton. It didn't interest me as other Geronimo Stilton have. But I did like that Thea was in it. I like the ones that Thea is in
Joe Ablaza
Aug 22, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good like it

I loved the ending I was cool and gave a messenger to the reader I think children under 10 should read this book
karate 2 2 Jul 13, 2011 10:10PM
  • Thea Stilton and the Secret City (Thea Stilton #4)
  • Charge Of The Triceratops (Dinosaur Cove, #2)
  • One Cent, Two Cents, Old Cent, New Cent: All About Money
  • Miss Laney Is Zany! (My Weird School Daze, #8)
  • Henry and Mudge Take the Big Test (Henry and Mudge, #10)
  • Winter Pony
A pseudonym of Elisabetta Dami, aka Thea Stilton.

Elisabetta Dami is an Italian author that currently resides in Italy. She is the author of the Geronimo Stilton series, a bestselling childrens book. She enjoys traveling the world seeking ideas for her series. She writes under a pseudonym of Geronimo Stilton. She is also a co-owner of Italian based publishing company Edizioni Piemme. Her books hav
More about Geronimo Stilton...

Geronimo Stilton (1 - 10 of 65 books)
  • Lost Treasure of the Emerald Eye (Geronimo Stilton, #1)
  • The Curse of the Cheese Pyramid (Geronimo Stilton, #2)
  • Cat and Mouse in a Haunted House (Geronimo Stilton, #3)
  • I'm Too Fond of My Fur! (Geronimo Stilton, #4)
  • Four Mice Deep in the Jungle (Geronimo Stilton, #5)
  • Paws Off, Cheddarface! (Geronimo Stilton, #6)
  • Red Pizzas for a Blue Count (Geronimo Stilton, #7)
  • Attack of the Bandit Cats (Geronimo Stilton, #8)
  • A Fabumouse Vacation for Geronimo (Geronimo Stilton, #9)
  • All Because of a Cup of Coffee (Geronimo Stilton, #10)