Start by marking “The Briton and the Dane: Concordia” as Want to Read:
The Briton and the Dane: Concordia

The Briton and the Dane: Concordia

(The Briton and the Dane #4)

Travel back in time to late Ninth Century Anglo-Saxon Britain where Alfred the Great rules with a benevolent hand while the Danish King rules peacefully within the boundaries of the Danelaw. Trade flourishes, and scholars from throughout the civilized world flock to Britannia’s shores to study at the King’s Court School at Winchester.

Enter Concordia, a beautiful noble
Published January 17th 2013 by Createspace Independent Publishing Platform (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about The Briton and the Dane, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Briton and the Dane

Start your review of The Briton and the Dane: Concordia
Mary Yarde
Jan 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Someone should have told Concordia that when wishes come true they can leave a very bitter taste.

It had been very easy to fall in love with the young and handsome man from Hispania, but alas, their romance was never meant to be. It was nothing but an inexperienced girl’s foolish dream.

Several years have passed, and Concordia has not seen or heard anything more of Thayer, but not for one moment has she stopped loving him. Since that night, Concordia has worn the necklace Thayer gave her. He was
Phil Naessens
Jan 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
If you enjoy historical novels than Author Mary Ann Bernal's latest literary offering The Briton and The Dane: Concordia is a book you will want to add to your library and one you will read again and again and not be disappointed.

Ms. Bernal does an amazing job creating the characters and the scenes in the book are not only believable but these fictional people actually come alive on the page in such a way it’s almost as if you are watching a movie.

The Briton and The Dane: Concordia is chock
Brenda Perlin
Nov 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I adored Mary Ann Bernal’s Concordia which was skillfully written and filled with ongoing suspense. There is plenty of real life emotion, action packed with lust, lies and deceit which is explored in such a memorable way. I was entertained from beginning to end.

This flawless tale was so clear and precise that the words flew off the page in a very visual way. I drawn in right away and as a reader I could see Concordia standing in front of me so naturally beginning with her entrance. She is a
Wendy Steele
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the first of Mary Ann Bernal's novels I've read but it won't be the last! I enjoy historical fiction but don't want to be bombarded with facts at the expense of a good story so, I'm delighted to say, the author did not disappoint.

Concordia, a wilful, spoilt young girl, brought up close to the court of King Alfred during the late 9th century, has her heart stolen by an exotic, foreign dignatory before he returns to his homeland. Her infatuation and naievity take her on a journey, by boat,
K.S. Marsden
Jan 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
Concordia is a dazzling star of King Alfred's court. She has the benefit of education, and the links of high-standing family in this Saxon land. She is passionate and headstrong and willing to travel to the ends of the Earth for love.

I was excited to win a copy of this in the Advent competition at Echo Fox's blog; I love historical stories, political intrigue, and romances (yes, I do like reading romances, just not the fluffy ones).

This is the 4th book in Bernal's Briton and the Dane series, of
Jenn (Booksessed)
Having read the three previous novels in The Briton and the Dane series, I was anxiously waiting for Concordia to be released. I am have been obsessed with this series; it's wonderful.

I was impressed with how seamlessly Concordia fits with the rest of the series. I didn't reread the other novels in the series, but I did skim some passages I had noted earlier and didn't have to double back. Concordia was a hard novel to put down, but I loved that it drew me in immediately each time I picked it up
Merissa (Archaeolibrarian)
This is one of those books that, going from the synopsis, I thought I would love. It sounded intriguing, interesting and full of action. However, what I got is definitely not for me. I read a lot of historical genre and love the medieval period - that is what gives this book the two stars. The descriptions given deliver a world of bygone times to you, everything described is richly detailed from the clothing to the fighting.

What I didn't like at all about this book was the main female character.
Elisabeth Marrion
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Intrigue, Betrayal, Lust. All with a capital I,B,L. Well maybe not the lust. But do not underestimate young women in the Ninth Century. Was Concordia really just that naïve or was she actually cunning.? You decide. I thoroughly enjoyed reading the book and I marvel on the research Mary Ann Bernal, clearly does in order to write about that time in history. Her love for the Ninth Century is obvious. Having already read 'The Briton and the Dane, which is set in the south of England, where I live. I ...more
Jen Greyson
Susan Tarr
Jul 15, 2014
Stephany Tullis
Suzanne Reed
rated it did not like it
Nov 23, 2014
Joi Brooks
May 03, 2017
Khalid
MaryAnn Bernal
Jan 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)

Mary Ann Bernal attended Mercy College, Dobbs Ferry, NY, where she received a degree in Business Administration. Her literary aspirations were ultimately realized when the first book of The Briton and the Dane novels was published in 2009. In addition to writing historical fiction, Mary Ann has also authored a collection of contemporary short stories in the Scribbler Tales series. Her latest

The Briton and the Dane (6 books)
  • The Briton and the Dane