Jump to ratings and reviews

In the Ravager's Shadow: Book Two of the Triumvirate Trilogy

The Holy Nephretian Empire rises. Armed with powerful new weapons from Ullrion and manipulated by the mysterious dagomir N'ark from Earth, the Nephretian empire now has the power to crush all who stand before them. In a desperate attempt to stave off Nephretian victory, Captain Taura and Silmion must make a dangerous trip behind enemy lines on the occupied planet of Ullrion to find a defense against one of the most deadly weapons ever created the deoir solest. Meanwhile on Earth, Marco, Victor, Kaeso and Ariadne must make a harrowing journey to the Ravager's Land to find a way to break N'ark's sway over the Nephretian Empire. In the Ravager's Shadow, second volume of the Triumvirate Trilogy, continues the tale of a richly imagined universe teetering on the edge of collapse.

312 pages, Paperback

First published December 14, 2012

Loading interface...
Loading interface...

About the author

Brad C. Anderson

6 books8 followers
Brad C. Anderson lives with his wife and puppy in Vancouver, Canada. He teaches undergraduate business courses at a local university and researches organizational wisdom in blithe defiance of the fact most people do not think you can put those two words in the same sentence without irony. Previously, he worked in the biotech sector where he made drugs for a living (legally!).

His stories have appeared in a variety of publications. His short story, Naïve Gods, was longlisted for a 2017 Sunburst Award for Excellence in Canadian Literature of the Fantastic. It was published in the anthology Lazarus Risen, which was itself nominated for an Aurora Award.

Ratings & Reviews

What do you think?

Friends & Following

Create a free account to discover what your friends think of this book!

5 stars
0 (0%)
1 star
0 (0%)
Displaying 1 of 1 review
Profile Image for Irrelephant .
295 reviews36 followers
March 3, 2018
This one was really enjoyable! The writing is improved a lot over the first one. A few minor things - the way the characters talked seemed to change from the first book (more conversational such as saying ain't). It was different than how they spoke in book one, but I felt it was an improvement and the characters started to feel more authentic and substantial.

The only other part that bothered me was how (of course) the two women characters Taura and Ariadne had to fall in love with the respective male characters they were hanging around with. I couldn't really say why, but that annoyed me. It seemed a little artificial at times, but then I didn't mind so much.

Anyway, I enjoyed the plot of this one so much more and it set up very nicely for the third book. Overall, I'm impressed and looking forward to book three. Everything keeps getting better and better, so I have high hopes for future work from the author.
Displaying 1 of 1 review

Can't find what you're looking for?

Get help and learn more about the design.