Start by marking “The Enemy” as Want to Read:
The Enemy

The Enemy

A red-hot political thriller from a blue state author.

Buried among the thousands of financial transactions he reviews each day, analyst Randy Duncan finds a secret web of laundered money financing the assassination of the President, which, in turn, will lead the country into war. Can Randy and his law-student daughter Clare follow the money and stop the enemy in time? In a
Published January 30th 2013 by Hipso Media

To ask other readers questions about The Enemy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Enemy

Start your review of The Enemy
Ryan
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Recommended for suspense fans! I received a copy of the eBook to review from Hipso Media. The story links a death on a college campus to complicated money laundering, international terrorism, and political intrigue in Washington DC. That is a lot of ground to cover, but Bograd manages to keep it all pretty simple and keep you interested as the plot unfolds. Or rather than unfolding, the plot tangles into a knotted web of intrigue.

I enjoyed the main part of the first half being set in Colorado. I
Jenny
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it

"The Enemy' is the first I've read of Larry Bograd's books. An unusual partnership is formed between a daughter and her father as they endeavour to solve the mystery behind the suspected murder of a good friend. The novel took me from the disrupted lives of a normal everyday family and into the halls of the White House, banks, terrorist activity and cyberspace. I enjoyed this book and couldn't wait to finish it, although I do admit to being a bit confused with the characters initially. I'm quick
Kyle Wendy Skultety (gimmethatbook.com)
I would like to thank the publisher, Hipso Media, for providing me with this free review copy. It was touted as a book in the vein of Lee Child, et al.

This book was written well, switching between scenes at the White House to a girl struggling to comprehend her friend's sudden death, to her father's job (where everyone may not seem to be who they appear), to terrorists plotting heinous deeds.

There was a great deal of politicking, which is not my thing. Unfortunately, I skipped over parts of th
Jeri
Mar 24, 2013 rated it liked it
I received this book free in return for my honest review. I am sorry to say that it was quite frankly annoying. The story was touted to be for Lee Child fans. Umm. No. Lee Child books are action. This book was ...political. There was a death of a character we barely knew. Then some girl leaves law school to investigate the death while her father helps. He has got to be the most over-worked person on the planet. There were many instances of long quotes (Shakespeare! John Adams!) which all of the ...more
April
Feb 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: z2013
I received a copy of this e-book for review, from Hipso Media.

I enjoyed the chance to read this book.

As a frequent reader of thrillers and mysteries, I like the fact this books main setting was Denver not LA or New York. I thought that I would like to have "seen" more than being told what was happening, but then was "showed" all the bank transfers and felt like it bogged down the flow a bit.

The characters seemed human enough, but most novels I've picked up lately have a token gay character, as
Natalie
May 11, 2013
Hipso Media
Oct 30, 2013
Larry
Apr 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Rob Simon
Dec 20, 2012
Willa
Sep 02, 2015
Larry
Dec 20, 2012 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Karen
Sophie
Max
Robert Piacquad
Feb 12, 2013
Larry Bograd has published more than two dozen books, primary for children and young adults--and now his first eBook original, "The Enemy."

He is also a playwright, screenwriter, and filmmaker. He is president of Roundtable Media Group, which produces documentary films, Web shows, and events.

News & Interviews