Start by marking “The Infinite Moment of Us” as Want to Read:
The Infinite Moment of Us

The Infinite Moment of Us

3.20  ·  Rating details ·  9,186 ratings  ·  1,431 reviews
For as long as she can remember, Wren Gray’s goal has been to please her parents. But as high school graduation nears, so does an uncomfortable realization: Pleasing her parents once overlapped with pleasing herself, but now... not so much. Wren needs to honor her own desires, but how can she if she doesn’t even know what they are?

Charlie Parker, on the other h
Published August 27th 2013 by Amulet Books

To ask other readers questions about The Infinite Moment of Us, please sign up.
CapesandCovers This is YA Contemporary fiction. If you listen to what Elena said you should be able to find the genre(s) in the future.

·  9,186 ratings  ·  1,431 reviews

Start your review of The Infinite Moment of Us
Rainbowheart
Mar 27, 2014 rated it did not like it
This is quite possibly the most sexist and anti-feminist YA romance I’ve ever read, and that’s saying something. Such a disappointment, and so totally not what I would have ever expected from Lauren Myracle.

Bear with me, ‘cause this is going to be long, but I think the author’s regressive treatment of gender and sexuality warrants serious examination. There’s so much wrong with this book that it’s hard to even know where to begin. There’s a lot wrong besides all the sexism, but since
Eve
Mar 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2015-books
His fingers, splayed against the stars, seemed . . . more than. More than fingers. More than a part, or parts, of a whole. Just as one plus one is more than two, she thought, not knowing where the idea sprang from, or why.

AND THE SHITSHOW BEGINS!

Ladies and gentleman, step right up. Hand in your tickets, grab your popcorn, grab your crucifix, and grab your happy drugs, because you are about to enter The Infinite Moment of Us. Sweet title, right? Hahahaha - WRONG. Fun fact! Did you know The Infinite Moment of Us is
Patty Dohle
Jul 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Here’s the good news. I read it all the way through, and it read easily, and from a teen’s perspective will get you hooked in no time.

But. When it comes to the target audience, I found myself a bit confused.

It’s written for young adults, but it should definitely come with some sort of disclaimer or parental advisory sticker. There was a somewhat flippant note by the author explaining that there’s sex in it, and hey-ho, kids nowadays will be kids (of the sexually curious and active type). And w
♥Rachel♥
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars.

The Infinite Moment of Us was a dreamy sort of romance, and yet, one that felt a little bittersweet to me.

Wren Gray has been living a life mostly carved out by her parent’s dreams. She has been a model daughter with excellent grades and a focus mostly on school. Yet, Wren is done with that, she doesn’t want to live a future molded and decided on by her parents. Instead of going onto the parent approved college, Wren’s applied to and been accepted into a Peace Core type of group, volunt
Cara
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
This book is a giant cheeseball. You know the puffy chip kind that try to act like Cheetos? It looks like it's gonna taste so good but it only last for a little while and then you realize it's just full of air, no nutrients, and disappointment. I'm sorry to admit that reading this book felt like that to me.

So premise first. Wren Gray has always done what her parents has told her. But now she is wondering if what her parents want for her, and want she wants for herself actually matches up. It fe
Lucy
Aug 01, 2013 rated it did not like it
A brief summary of The Infinite Moment of Us:
Girl decides to stop living for her parents. Girl meets guy. Girl decides to start living for guy instead.

In a brief foreword by the author, Myracle promises that The Infinite Moment of Us is a love story exploring “true intimacy and vulnerability” and “the mingling of Charlie and Wren’s souls”. Unfortunately, I found the love story forgettable and the connection between the two main characters weak.

There’s little else to the sto
Lexi Mason
May 26, 2015 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bad, chick-lit
this is one of the worst books i've ever read in my life
Tiff at Mostly YA Lit
Jun 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: 16+, mature young adults
Shelves: romance
This is a good summer read - and not just because it's set IN the summer. Myracle captures that hazy summer, perfect-life feeling you get when you first fall in love and nothing matters but you, your significant other, and being together all the time. I was taken back to my first relationship and to the innocence of thinking that everything would be perfect - and that's a beautiful thing to feel in the summertime.

No review would be complete without mentioning that this is a sexy book
kari
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ya, 2013, childrens-books
If you read my updates, you'll know where this review is going and it isn't good.
I have to start out with the actual writing style. It is very choppy with so much thought and memories during conversations that I'd lose the train of what was being said and when the dialogue finally picked up again, I'd have to search back to where this particular derailment began to find my way back to the thread. I don't know if this is particular to this story or if this is typical for this author as this
Crystal
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult, fiction
If I had to read one more time about how hard the main character's nipples were, I would've tossed the book across the room. Awkward sex scenes for a YA novel, plus the characters of Wren and Charlie just weren't believable to me. And a cop-out ending.
Lucy Powrie
You can read more of my reviews at Queen of Contemporary

It really does pain me to write this review because I was so hopeful that this book would be something special and sweet. Sadly, I was very disappointed and I couldn’t finish the book. For that reason, my review will only reflect the 33% of the book that I did read.
The Infinite Moment of Us is about a girl called Wren whose life is commanded by her parents. Tell her to jump off a cliff, and she’ll go do it. Wren was so infuriating and I
A.C. Gaughen
Jun 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
LOVED THIS BOOK.

I waited (happily!) in line at BEA to get this ARC, and it was the first book I read upon leaving the Javits. I was excited for it, and I was absolutely not disappointed.

My gut reaction to the first half was this unbelievable YES. Yes--Myracle gets it. She gets love, she gets teenagers, she gets sexual attraction and the way love is different than that, but complementary, incendiary, and intense when combined with love.

She gets the way girls think--I heard so many of my own th
Silvia
Mar 04, 2014 rated it did not like it
This book taught me 2 lessons: 1- Titles can be deceiving. 2- Books about teenagers can be still terrible.

I don’t know what I was expecting with this book, since so many YA contemporary books are so good, but this is one of the biggest disappointments I’ve ever had. The way it was written was terrible: childish, pathetic, the use of description poor and slow, it was mostly dialogue and I just don’t understand how this was published since it seems like it was written by a 13 year old.
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
 photo sig_zpsf6b7a951.png

2.5 Stars

Wren and Charlie meet at an inopportune time. They are both graduating high school and heading separate ways. Charlie will be attending Georgia Tech and Wren will be headed to Guatemala to volunteer for a year with a Peace Corps type organization. This book follows their summer spent together – falling in love and questioning when will it end, or can it really be infinite?

Okay, this is a solid 2-star book, but I’m giving it an extra half star just for the title and cover. Shallow, much? Yeah, totally, but t
Jen Ryland
The Infinite Moment of Us is about a summer romance between two recent high school graduates, Charlie and Wren.

This sounded like the kind of character-driven realistic YA fiction I love but I wasn't crazy about the dynamic of the romantic relationship.

Wren's been accepted early decision to Emory and won a merit scholarship, but doesn't want any of that, because that's what her overbearing parents want her to do. So she lies to her parents and turns Emory down and applies for a volun
Yoda
Apr 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Infinite Moment of Us is a tricky book to review there were a lot of parts I did like and even more that I didn't really care for that could've been left out.
Heather
May 01, 2013 rated it it was ok
2 stars seems harsh, this one would be more like 2.5 maybe even 2.75 in some parts.

This was my first Lauren Myracle book, and although I have heard so many wonderful things about Shine, The Infinite Moment of us was a disappointing read for me.

If I had to pinpoint why exactly, I think it would be lack of connection to the main characters. This book is not plot driven. It's character driven, the story of two unlikely people meeting and forming an emotional and physical relationship.
Katy
Aug 18, 2013 rated it liked it
2 for first half & 4 for latter half - It started out rough but ended up being one of those books that you stepped back and think, "Hey, it's actually pretty good."

I wasn't crazy about the book at first because Wren and Charlie were your typical, cliche characters - nothing special. I didn't care for Wren in any way, and even though I totally understand what she's going through, the way she was portrayed made me unsympathetic to her case. And I think Myracle tried way too hard to make Charlie a clas
Kelly
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Remember what Judy Blume did in Forever? Imagine that in a new era.

Myracle's book is an honest, touching story about a girl discovering what love is for the first time and learning what it means from the inside out. But what takes this book a step further is that it's also about a boy discovering he has many capacities for love, too. It's a book that is frank and authentic about sexuality and what it means to be a person who has challenges -- be them big ones or small ones.

Longer review to com
Trisha
Jun 12, 2016 rated it did not like it
"The rest of July was hot and sweaty and so were Charlie and Wren."

I really tried to think of this book as first love. Sweet and all encompassing - making you jealous of stupid things, get mad and selfish and possessive. I really did.

But I just....couldn't. This book felt so inappropriate for the age range that can get their hands on it. My 17 year old would roll eyes at the first half and have dropped it for the 2nd half grossness. The description and details - just yuck.
caren
Apr 23, 2013 rated it it was ok

In Lauren Myracle’s The Infinite Moment of Us, we meet Wren. A senior in high school who’s about to graduate. She’s lived a pretty sheltered life, and up until now, she hasn’t even had a boyfriend. Now that school’s over, though, she’s decided her life belongs to her and nobody else. She’s finally going to make choices on her own, which include deferring college for a year and setting off to Guatemala as a volunteer for Project Unity, where she’ll be teaching English to young children.

Thos
Jenn
Such a pretty cover... I wanted to really like this one, and for a bit, I thought that I would fall head over heels in love with it. I was ‘oohing’ and ‘awwwing’ pretty much through the first few chapters. Then somewhere, about halfway through it, I realized we were just going to have a ‘like’ relationship.

Feelings are like three-year-olds. They’re not rational. They’re just there.

The Infinite Moment of Us is the love story of Wren and Charlie. Wren is an only child who comes from a life of
Cassandra (Thebookishcrypt)
Lauren completely took me by surprise. I had geared myself up to read a typical YA novel but I soon found out that it was more New Adult than YA... and it was pretty fantastic! It was an amazing surprise, one that I hope happens to me more often.
Anyway, this book follows Wren, an 18 year old who has parents that dictate about every part of her life. Her insecurities have taken over her life and she's trying to detach herself from her parents' hips by moving away after summer. I was okay an
Jun 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
This is just not my thing at all. It's probably well-written for the style, but not in a style I enjoy (dual third person, which is weird style; I'd prefer either dual first for more traditional third person like Sarah Rees Brennan uses). I ended up skipping ahead, hoping it just was off to a tedious start, but it never worked for me. I was also bothered by the way one character was treated, as others have been as well. I also did not finish Myracle's Shine, so I suspect her style is just not fo ...more
Leahxx
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was ok
Where was the depth to this book? I didn't think there was any real meaning to it at all. It was just, I don't want to say dumb but I'm going to say it, just a dumb love story. I wasn't taken away by this book at all. In fact, I was disappointed.
Everything happened much too fast. There is no way you fall that madly in love with someone for real in that short amount of time, the loose ends were sloppily tied at the end of the book. I didn't like the two main characters. Wren was selfish. She was
Heather
Sep 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2014
Oh to be young and feel the thrill of experiencing love, lust and miscommunication for the first time. Bitterness hasn't taken hold, nor have the lessons learned from past mistakes as those mistakes have yet to happen. It's an awkward, exciting and vulnerable emotional/mental state...and it has the tendency to make us more than a little stupid. I'd like to say it gets better with age, but adulthood does not remedy the idiocy of love's keen sting.

The Infinite Moment of Us does a great job of displaying all the mental trials and emotional triumphs that coincide with falling in love for the first time, or even with someone new. It’s a quick read that personifies what it means to be young, in love, and full of hope.

I give extra points to Myracle for refusing to fade her scenes to black. The sex scenes are tastefully descriptive.
Lydia Presley
Aug 06, 2013 rated it did not like it
I'm going to be unpopular with my opinion of The Infinite Moment of Us because, frankly, I thought it to be rubbish. I'm all for pushing the envelope with young adult books and do not think that all books are created equal (i.e. a book written for an older audience should also cater to the younger audience by censoring itself) but this one just went over the top for me.

Read the rest of this review on The Lost Entwife.
Meg
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Where is the depth of intimacy and intense soulful connection between the two teen lovers the author promises in her "disclaimer"? It's not just about the sex, she is saying. Yeah, it seems it kind of is, since the whole plot of the novel is "when are they gonna get it on??", building up to some steamy interludes. That is the entire plot, with maybe a little action thrown in at the end, which seemed tacked on for no reason. Wren really annoyed me, too. She's a perfect little miss thing, but can ...more
Brittany
Jun 08, 2014 rated it it was ok
I literally just finished this and I'm still rolling my eyes. I will mention that this should not be classified as YA. It is definitely NA based on the sex scenes and the words used. It's pretty juvenile NA though. I think this book tried to hard to be a more grown up version of Forever by Judy Blume(I didn't like that book either). You've got the coming of age, first love, young love going on which wasn't executed all that well. The writing was to simple. The characters one dimensional. I get w ...more
Trish Doller
Apr 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I have a lot of thoughts. Good ones. But they're all jumbled and I'll have to think on this before I write a real review (and maybe I never will) but I do think Lauren Myracle did something brave and important here and my hands hurt from clapping.

• Malakai (Malakai #2)
  • Every Last Word
  • Love & Gelato
  • Hello, Goodbye, and Everything in Between
  • The Rest of the Story
  • The Night We Said Yes (The Night We Said Yes, #1)
Lauren Myracle is the author of numerous young adult novels. She was born in 1969 in North Carolina. Lauren Myracle holds an MA in English from Colorado State University and an MFA in Writing for Children and Young Adults from Vermont College. she has written many novels, including the famous IM books, ttyl, ttfn, and l8r, g8r.

Her first novel, Kissing Kate, was selected as one of ALA's
“It's what you feel, and guess what? Feelings are like three-year-olds. They're not rational. They're just there.” 19 likes
“You will love the ocean. It makes you feel so... I don't know. Small, but not in a bad way. Small because you realize you're part of something bigger.” 14 likes