Start by marking “A Pretty Pill (A Pretty Pill, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Pretty Pill (A Pretty Pill, #1)

A Pretty Pill

(A Pretty Pill #1)

Please be warned... this book is:
Mature content (New Adult): Recommended for readers 18+ due to explicit sexual content, harsh language and adult themes.

Published February 13th 2013 (first published February 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about A Pretty Pill, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Pretty Pill

J
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
You know that feeling when you're in a book slump?. You search and search for a story that will give you the book high that you crave so hard. You don't want to start a new book only to be disappointed that it falls short, because you have recently read greatness and nothing can compare to the feelings that it invoked?

Well this is me. Like all the time hahaha I'm a book junkie I love the high, and I can not cope at all with the low.
Not only did 'A Pretty Pill' pull me out of my book slump, tak
Criss Copp
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
This first story has been on the cards for years... so most of the story line was already done. I have really, really enjoyed writing these characters and finalising their beginning story... I truly hope you enjoy it... I have put 13th Feb although it may be there sooner...

Here are some cheeky quotes to consider:

Early Jade with Ben banter:
“We’ll I’ve gotta tell ya... you’re fucking losing your touch... because I seriously can’t stomach the idea of your cock getting anywhere near me!” I reply.
Chris- Bookaddict
Mar 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
WHY THE HELL HAVE I NOT READ THIS BEFORE NOW ..... I was in a slump trying to figure out what to read on my TBR list next and I decided to go with this one. Let me tell you it was the best decision I have made in a longtime . This book CONSUMED me right from page 1.

Jade Tayte is an athlete and party girl, living on campus at university and enjoying the carefree lifestyle that comes with being a 19 year old student, living away from home. Finishing up her second year of study, she gets a call th
A. Bookzilla.
Mar 05, 2013 marked it as dnf-ed
DNFed this at 5%, which is probably a new record for me.

When an overexcited heroine (seriously, so many exclamation points - on the plus side, they're not having a party, it's a single exclamation point every time) that acts totally inappropriate when she learns her parents are dead makes you not want to read the book, and throws you in a two-day book funk, just do the author a favor and DNF (because I'm not rating it.)

I'm sad because it sounded like such a good story, and it's an Aussie read. I
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
The book starts with Jade Tayte and her life from Uni student, carefree, partygirl to sole guardian of her 12 year old brother Silas (who is mentally unstable) after the death of her parents. The first 20% of the book goes through her years of; struggle with Silas' condition and misdiagnosis, their transformation in lifestyle and the changes that make her the person who she is today.

After 5 and a half years of struggle, no boyfriend and money troubles, Silas is correctly diagnosed with Bipolar,
Tracey
4.5 Stars. A breath of fresh air. This is part one of a trilogy of books in this contemporary, romantic drama for New Adult/Adults. The characters leap from the pages and engage you from the beginning of the book, and the storyline is so well researched and seamlessly integrated that you feel that you're living it. Love this book, love this author.
Sonali
I totally loved this book. It had me hooked right from the star to the very end.

The story was heart breaking, devastating, crude and crass, wittingly funny (I laughed out loud after reading this..some parts were so funny), so frustrating at times and yet so beautiful, heart wrenchingly beautiful.

Jade Tayte. Jade is your typical 19 year old university student for whom life is one big party and she is the show stopper. Commitment and settling down is so far down her list that it’s practically no
Lorrie
I'm editing my original review, because after re-reading it, I think I made it sound like the book has a ton of typos, which it doesn't - there were just a few small things that I noticed because I tend to fixate on stuff like that, but I want to stress that I really liked the book A LOT and in no way did it take away from the great storyline.
This book held my interest; it started off a bit slow for me, but once Jade and Ben met, I was hooked. I loved the way they bantered back and forth (no ins
Katie Jay
Dec 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars for me.

Story of Jade who at a young age is forced to raise her bi-polar brother after a car accident kills both her parents. Its an intense read and explores the issue of mental illness (bi-polar) in a an excellent, emotional and informative manner. As the story progresses she meets Ben, a UFC fighter looking after his terminally ill mother. The romance between them is a slow burner but when they get together it is very hot and very heartwarming.

The story is told in dual POV format a
Black Butterfly
Aug 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: ADULTS
Recommended to Black Butterfly by: AMAZON
Shelves: erotica, romance
FIRST IN A SERIES OF THREE, IT WAS A DIFFERENT KIND OF SUBJECT MATTER FOR ME. I NORMALLY DON'T READ BOOKS WITH THIS TYPE OF STORY LINE BUT I DIDN'T KNOW TILL I GOT INTO IT. WELL, THANK GOODNESS IT WAS'NT TOO BAD I REALLY ENJOYED THE CHARACTERS THEY WERE SAD, FUNNY, SEXY, AND TOTALLY F'ed-UP BUT HEY IT WORKED. ;D I'VE READ THIS AUTHOR BEFORE AND LIKE HER STYLE, SHE WRITES ABOUT CHARACTERS, THE QUIRKY-BROKEN-MISFITS & HELL-FINE SEX SCENES, WHO SOMEHOW COME OFF AS VERY LIKABLE AND LOVING. I'M R ...more
Robbin
May 03, 2013 rated it it was ok
Okay I had high hopes for this book but it didn't happen. According to my kindle I was 57% through the book when I gave up. So we are half way through the book and all this couple has done so far is argue A LOT, she cusses him out A LOT, and she slaps him in the face 2 or 3 times. The only thing they've done romantically is kiss two times. Honestly the way these two acted towards each other I felt like I was back in Junior High. When they weren't cussing each other out or arguing they were talki ...more
Petra
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved it what amazing read couldn't put it down!!! Party girl jade loves to party and loves her men an doesn't want a relationship then her world falls apart her mom and dad and brother are In a car accident and leaves her to look after her brother silas as there grandparents can't cope with him as he has a few problems and they soon find out he is bi polar and has to have medication but sometimes things are difficult and the medication needs changing. Because of silas condition jade hasn't date ...more
Tiffany
Mar 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
There is a ton of tragedy in this book. It has alternating POV and both main characters lose their parents in this book. Also, Jade has to deal with raising her brother who is bipolar. For this reason alone I really liked Jade. She went from being a party girl college student to pseudo mom with her crap together! But it took its toll on her and she turned into super B. Enter Ben. Their banter was cute but Jade constantly pushing him away and running away got old. There was tons of angst between ...more
Jo
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mma-fighters
Omg! I love this book! Jade & Ben what a couple, I laughed out loud loads at their 'banter' / 'flirting' in the beginning. Wow what a journey you have taken us on Criss, I feel as though I've been through the emotional wringer.. I was cheering Jade on, wanting her & Silas to be OK.

I have just read this & the next book over the weekend loved them both! Only downside book3 is not out until December 2013 *sobs*.. That is almost 6 months away!

Thank you Criss, I love your 'voice' big hugs
Jane Turner
Jul 21, 2013 rated it liked it
So...

This story had an angry heroine, who had selfish thoughts and acted a little immature.

A younger brother that would have send me to the madhouse

A hero that was a typical man (you are welcome to speak femminists out there).

Grammatical errors that I could spot.

And still I liked it enough to be literally itching to start nr.2.

Which will have to wait because there is a nr.3 connected to n.2.

And I am pissed off.
Erica
Apr 11, 2014 added it
Shelves: dnf
Nope, DNF at 4 percent. I was really excited about the plot, but once I got into it,I just couldn't connect with the writing. Instead of feeling like I was experiencing the situation with the characters, I felt like the Jade was recounting everything to me in a conversational manner, but not in a good way. Also, the grammar and sentence structures were a little off for me, but that might just be the Australian style of writing.
Yolanda
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
I give it a 3.5 but I m looking forward to the next book to get even better. I did like the book Jade did kill me at times. I know she gave up a lot to take care of Silas which probably helped her in the long run. Ben always tried with Jade and he took everything she threw at him and it was still there. Silas has a lot to deal with it, I was felt sorry for him when he was going through his health problems as a teen. I hope he can keep it together and make it.
Sarah Joy
Mar 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was amazing. I loved the fact that it shows a young girl step up and do everything for her brother even though its hard for her, due to the fact he has mental illness. But she stands by his side the and helps him get the help he needs. I love the love story for her and ben and how they come together and how he is with her brother. This book was also extremely funny I laughed a lot. I defiantly recommend this book to others.
Maryam Karim
I read about two chapters and gave up. Normally i would read a lot more before i decide to give up, but i just couldn't with this. The writing style was sooooooo BAD and that is literally the most important thing for me in a book. I was really disappointed because the concept of the book sounded really interesting and gripping but unfortunately it let me down. :(
Adriana
Wow this book had me going through all kinds of emotions especially frustration and I even cried certain bits. I loved Jade and Ben and poor Jade and her issues but damm I loved this book can't wait to read the next one ;)
Alexandra G.
Aug 07, 2016 marked it as could-not-finish
My head hurt from all the exclamation points. Who the hell thinks like that?!
Natasha Davis
May 27, 2014 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I think I have ever read absolutely fell in love with each character just amazing you exceed your self criss
Laura's Book Addiction
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved it soo much. I want book 2 now please!!!
Linda
Apr 10, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really loved this book, it dealt with some hard hitting everyday issues. It was refreshing to read a story that wasn't all 'unicorns and rainbows'. A really good read:-)
Kim Smith
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! I was waiting for another 'wowza' book and this was it!
Evelin
Mar 18, 2014 marked it as dnf
i can't read it anymore, this book is soo badly written that my eyes hurt.
Annemarie
Mar 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
One of the best books I have read this year.
Chris Jolly
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was great...has very strong characters that are well developed....it's an emotional roller coaster!
Nadia
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trauma-romance
it wasn't great, but it wasn't bad, something was a little "off" for me, but I can't place my finger on what it was.
Sandravides
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed the concept this book. The mental illness of her younger brother due to family tragedy. I could relate to Jade's desire to care for her sibling.
Cilexin Reviews How Does Safe and Effective 1 1 Nov 01, 2018 03:46AM
Cilexin 1 1 Oct 28, 2018 03:18AM

• All the Right Moves
  • Halfway Hidden
  • An Easy Dare (Crescent City, #1)
  • Lennon's Jinx (Lennon's Girls, #1)
  • Breeze of Life
  • Hurt Like Hell
  • Trust in Me (Friends & Lovers, #3)
  • As You Were (Project Five Fifteen, #2)
  • A Million Little Snowflakes
  • Falling For Finn
  • Kick, Push & Coast Duet: Includes Kick, Push and Coast
  • You Got Me
  • Above the Noise (In Too Deep, #3)
  • Stripped (Stripped, #1)
  • Love Exactly
  • Flying Solo (Men of London #6)
  • Bittersweet
  • True Blue (Out of the Blue, #3)
I work full time in the Medical field. Lots of shiftwork.
I live with a number of crazy people that make up the bulk of my family, and have a dog and a bird. I also have a previous life in the education field.
I LOVE reading and enjoy writing.
I have lots of stories I have written over the years and I plan to revisit them one day and see if they too are publishable.
I'm hoping that my writing style wi

A Pretty Pill (3 books)
  • Fake (A Pretty Pill, #2)
  • Resilient (A Pretty Pill, #3)
“You think that devastation and loneliness is just a Jade concept and that all us heathens surrounding you haven’t got a clue what it feels like to suffer and flounder through neck deep shit! Well you’re fucking delusional... because you’re nothing special and the fucking planet doesn’t revolve around you!
Ben, A Pretty Pill