Start by marking “Loving Your Lies” as Want to Read:
Loving Your Lies

Read Excerpt* *Different edition

Loving Your Lies

3.94  ·  Rating details ·  1,560 Ratings  ·  168 Reviews
There are alternate cover editions for this ISBN here, here, here, and here.

Julian is drop-dead gorgeous, annoyingly provocative, and he's fast becoming her best friend. But he also has a secret that makes the little hairs on her arms stand on end...

My name is Jona Montiniere, and that’s pretty much the only good thing to say about me.

I’m seventeen, I’m snarky, and I’m a
Published January 27th 2013 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (first published September 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Loving Your Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Loving Your Lies

Yodamom
I enjoyed this book so much, it was the perfect fit for a romantic read with a little paranormal magic sprinkled on. The writing was fantastic, the characters well developed, and the setting was amazing. Not much can top a vineyard in France for beauty and lifestyle.
Jona, a young teen, troubled, alone and in legal trouble is sent to France to live with her Mother and Aunt after years of living in a orphanage, weeks from her release at 18. Her mother dropped her off as a child and left s
A. Bookzilla.
When Piper Shelly told me this book is looooong, after I complained that Play With Me was just too short, I didn't quite believe it was that long.

Well, it is looooong, but I promise that you will enjoy every second of it.

I'm very picky with my paranormal so I fully expected not to like it (even if I was hooked with the sample), but I absolutely loved it. Piper Shelly wrote an amazing book, unlike any I've read.

I loved Jona, btw. She's a broken girl, her inability to hold on to people, to trust t
Jeann (Happy Indulgence)
Check out the author interview on Happy Indulgence!

When I picked up Loving Your Lies, I thought it was purely a New Adult contemporary but as I read through the depths of its pages, I realised there was a slight paranormal twist to it. It’s all balanced in a ‘believable’ way, even though the mystery behind Julian was pretty obvious from the start.

Featuring a girl from the wrong side of the tracks for once, Jona was an interesting protagonist. She’s snarky, smarmy, and has a whole heap of sarcasm
Jen
Jul 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
The ending of this book was just.. wow :) Loved it!

not sure what it was, but this story just seems to pull you in from the start -

Jona has had a hard life - only at the age of 17 and already she's learned how to make herself hard, because once people see you as soft and weak, that's when they strike you down.

Jona has lived in the orphanage since she was 5 - when her own mother sent her there in order to live with her boyfriend. the one that use to beat Jona up.

Jona wanted nothing else in her
Marked By Books
Jul 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My first introduction to Piper Shelly came with the lovely first two books of the Grover Beach Team series. They completely exemplified my idea of a "summer beach read." They were very sweet and romantic, I loved the characters, they made me laugh all of the time, I never really felt the need to launch them through a wall (though I guess that would be hard to come by on a beach), and, above all, they were fun. I'm not trying to make it sound like they were shallow or anything, but their purpose ...more
Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy
Feb 09, 2013 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Vika aka ♔ of GIF & Grumpy Smut-ateer *P/T Freebie Fairy by: Jamie *Gypsy Smut-a-teer*
Currently a Freebie (8/28/13)
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Aug 27, 2013 marked it as my-kindle-freebie-to-read
Shelves: got-4-free
FREE TODAY 8-27-13 on Amazon link: http://amzn.com/B00C5RKBXC
Inna
Review also appears on my blog
So first I would like to thank the awesome author of this novel for giving me the chance to read and review her book. Thank you so much!!! Now for the actual review.
Jona was a different kind of heroine. She wasn't the perfect heroine that leads the ideal life, that never does anything wrong and is nice to everyone. Jona faced a lot in her life and she was just a snarky, girl that knows that life is unfair and that it's not all fun and games. Jona has an attitude an
♥♡¢σσкιє♥♡ (Krystle)
I thought I should be clear that this is a very well written book and I enjoyed parts of it a lot.
I only gave the book three stars because I don't really like books about falling in love with angels.
The fact that I read this one will let you know how much I enjoy this author, so if you like this type of book you should give it a try. It just wasn't for me.
Amber
Mar 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: re-readable
4 3/4 stars. It's official. I LOVE Anna Katmore. This book is sweet, unexpected, full of just enough romance, and even quite heart wrenching at times.

I found 'Play With Me' a while back in the Kindle store for free. I read that and then quickly bought and also read 'Ryan Hunter'. I loved both of those books and when I also saw this one I had to get it. I will say, this is my favorite read by Anna Katmore to date.

We start out meeting Jona, who has grown up most of her life in an orphanage in Lond
Ammelia
Sep 04, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-owned
Okay, I'm going to start with the truth. I did like this book and the way that the paranormal part of it was revealed gradually. In fact, the paranormal part of it was spot on. What annoyed me, ironically, was the realistic part.

Whilst the author is obviously American, her lead character is supposed to be a British child who's mother abandoned her. As a person myself who is both British and who's mother also did the same, it really angered me to see that the author blatantly hadn't done any rese
Farrah
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Emotional, deep, and sweet. Loving Your Lies was a lovely New Adult romance. It was heartbreaking and heart lifting, and a truly wonderful read.

Jona was an okay heroine. She was very strong and definitely not the type of person to give up. Though, sometimes I found her to be selfish. And, just plain rude, as opposed to snarky. I understood why she would be that way, but it did annoy me, so that detracted from the book. But, overall, she was a good heroine. Despite my trouble with her, I did like
Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
I am going to keep this review easy this time and simply say that I really enjoyed this read. The writing was so well done and the characters so engaging that I was drawn into the story from the first chapter.

Jona was everything that I love in a lead character. She was feisty and sarcastic, a little broken and a little lost. A whole lot strong and had a heart of gold that she didn't like to show.

It was so nice watching her grow as a character and let others in. To learn to trust and love.

Mari
Tee loves Kyle Jacobson
If you love Paranormal romances this is the book for you. I loved every minute of it and when I was done I was mad because I wanted more no in fact I needed more because the main characters of this story had such a connection that it made it believable.

Can you imagine being given up by your mother and left to fend for yourself? You live by the rules of the street and come and go as you please until you are caught stealing and arrested. Once arrested you get the crazy news you have ever heard. Y
Kenzi
Jan 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Heart Stirring!!

This book nearly brought me to tears it was so good! I would take Julian as my angel any day-to-day their such a great couple! this book is so real and so original, I love it so much. I can't find half the words to describe such a masterpiece!!!!! <3<3<3 Caution: This book will bring you to tears it's so good!!!!
<3Jona&Julian<3 FOREVER!!! <3
Michelle's Paranormal Vault of Books

I Love this book! This story was brilliantly executed, with a handsome angel, falling for a troubled almost 18 year old girl. This story swept me away, and I love Julian. I had dreams about this story when I went to bed. It stayed with me and gave me chills too.

Jona is the heroine of this story, and I found I did like her. She remained true to herself, even while learning to forgive her mother and those hot complex feelings she has for Julian, that just increase. This is a compelling, page-turni
Kimber Wheaton
Jul 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ya
*I received the book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

After reading and liking two of Piper Shelly's other books last month, I had high hopes for Loving Your Lies. It didn't disappoint, not one bit. Since I've now read three of her books, I think it's safe to say that she's a consistently good writer. When I saw the opportunity to host a stop on this tour, I jumped on it. Play With Me & Ryan Hunter are good books that leave the reader happy when the last page is turned. I thi
Christine
Sep 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, paranormal, read-2013
It took me awhile to get used to Jona’s snarky attitude, but I never disliked her. I could understand her anger and frustration.
The story starts with Jona contemplating then actually stealing a sweater. Ugh, my heart went out for her. Jona think she is still not 18 that she will get off by just being grounded in her room for a couple of weeks, but that does not happen. She is “sentenced” to stay at her uncle and aunt’s vineyard which happens to be where her mother (who she despises) is living a
Lynda Kaye Frazier

Her Game His Rules, by Piper Shelly, is a mesmerizing, compelling story that captures you from the beginning and holds your heart until the end. This story will have you laughing, cheering and even crying as it unfolds, and the effects will stay with you long after you close the book.
It’s an emotional story about 17 year old Jona Montiniere who is trapped in a lonely world without trust or love. She uses her tough exterior to push people away but it’s just a mask hiding the pain from all the
Nana Prah
Dec 23, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laughter , tears, amazement and the need to slap a smart ass 17 year old girl for being rude to a dying woman who abandoned her when she was five propel Her Game, His Rules by Piper Shelly to its ‘ah’ ending.
Two things I kept questioning throughout the story was why Jona’s mother gave her up for adoption and how the relationship between an angel (Julian) and a human (Jona) would come to fruition. Normally I would skip to the end of the book to find the answers to the persistent questions, but I
Martha Dunlop
Dec 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. I loved all the characters and became completely caught up in their developing relationships. This has been one of my favourite reads this year and I’ve recommended it a few times already.

It’s a Young Adult romance about a girl, Jona, who grew up in a children’s home after being abandoned by her mother. When she is caught by the police for stealing, she is sent to live with her aunt in France.

Here she has one last chance to reconcile with her mother, who is dying of cancer.

J
Lea (Between fantasy and reality)
Between fantasy and reality

This was  lovely read, a story about forgiveness, love and new begginings. There were times I was reminded of Twilight and Heavenly series by Jennifer Laurens but all in all, great. I liked Jona, she was feisty and funny and I felt for her with everything that happened in the past and with everything that happens in the book. Julian was awesome. Of course, I knew what he really was from the beggining but it was interesting to see Jonas suspicions and her finding out.
Taylor Jones
Sep 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelly’s writing is good, her plot well thought out, and her characters believable. I admit I had a little trouble buying that an angel, thousands of years old, could fall for a seventeen-year-old, but for the most part, the story felt very authentic. The dialogue was particularly good, and Shelly kept it true to the characters better than some well-known authors I’ve read. In fact, the writing is so well done, I was surprised that this was a debut author. I was especially enchanted with Julian. ...more
Inda
Aug 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Omfg I freaking loved this. I'm a sucker for a good angel book and this definitely was. I liked right off the bat that this wasn't a typical plot line. It was new and fresh with the angel theme which in my opinion is hard to do. But this author did it effortlessly and I was very satisfied throughout the novel. I never wanted to put it down and finished it in just over a day. Highly recommend if you like angel stories or just good romance in general.
Kim
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: angels, romance
Oooo I loved this book it was kinda slow at the beginning but the relationship between Jona and Julian was super cute. I loved the end but would have liked it to go a little further. I really love Piper Shelly's writing style and would totally read more of her books
Tami Urbanek
Jan 13, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5!! What a BEAUTIFUL story of love and forgiveness. I will admit that it took me a bit to figure it all out, but at the end I knew exactly what he wanted her to say... I found myself saying "ohhhhh just tell him women!"
I love the twist at the end! :-D great job Anna!
Lindsey
Amazon Freebie 8/27/13
✨ katharina ✨
Didn't finish it
Fly To The Sky
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This review first appeared on my blog, Read Books and Live Green

Actual Rating is 4.5 STARS

Okay so I have to admit I read this book for the sole reason that the author was Piper Shelly. Who is an author I absolutely love!! (Although I have to admit that I've only read two of her other books... She really needs to write faster!!) but I have to say that this book was phenomenal!! Like beyond what you would expect it to be.

THE PREMISE
Julian is drop-dead gorgeous, annoyingly provocative, and he's f
The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
We are The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club, to know more about this book, go to the post in our website:

Loving Your Lies by Piper Shelly

If you are interested, you can visit our website:

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club

The Unofficial Addiction Book Fan Club's Review:

About The Book:
Jona is almost 18 years old. Her mother abandoned her and she has been living in a pigsty since her mother left her. Then when things can’t be worst, she gets caught stealing something, and is send to Fran
  • Buried Secrets
  • After the Sky Fell Down
  • Beautiful Downfall
  • Maybe Fate
  • What Endures
  • Carry Your Heart (After Forever, #1)
  • Where I End and You Begin
  • Because of Lucy (Butterfly Days, #1)
  • Fair Play (Diamond, #1)
  • Metal Urge
  • All She Wanted (Letting Go, #2)
  • Worth The Risk
  • Jordyn (A Daemon Hunter, #1)
  • Strictly Business
The quick-and-dirty:

I’m a cool girl with a passion for writing.

The genres you’ll find me hanging out at are contemporary and paranormal YA, but I’m also snooping into some adult paranormal right now. All of them romances…of course.

The nitty-gritty:

I’m an Austrian lass—totally uncomplicated and up to anything fun.

I grew up in Vienna, not by free will but because my parents decided to move there w
More about Piper Shelly

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • I Heart Paris
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Reed (Cold Fury Hockey, #10)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • Always
    $13.99 $2.99
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Four Swans: A Novel of Cornwall, 1795-1797 (Poldark)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Choice
  • Saving Zoë
    $7.80 $2.99
  • The Silver Linings Playbook
    $9.99 $3.99
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Stay With Me
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Styxx (Dark-Hunter, #23)
    $9.99 $2.99
  • The Affair
    $18.99 $1.99
  • Someone for Me (Someone to Love, #3)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • How to Marry a Millionaire Vampire (Love at Stake, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • The Secret of a Heart Note
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Love with a Perfect Cowboy (Cupid, Texas, #4)
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“If I weren't out of my mind at this second, I would've sworn he nuzzled my temple.” 5 likes
“Stop kidding me, angel!” 4 likes