Start by marking “The Phantom and the Psychic” as Want to Read:
The Phantom and the Psychic

The Phantom and the Psychic

A paranormal erotic short story

Psychic Alyssa DeAngelo travels to a castle-turned-resort in the Italian countryside to assist its owner with his ghostly problem. There, she encounters Dominicus Romano, a tormented soul who has dwelt within the castle walls for six centuries. Can she help him find peace?
Published January 24th 2013

To ask other readers questions about The Phantom and the Psychic, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Phantom and the Psychic

Start your review of The Phantom and the Psychic
Renea Mason
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great steamy paranormal short story. This flows beautifully and is great for the avid paranormal romance fan to devour between longer novels. I recommend it.
Valerie Twombly
Feb 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Wonderful short story. This has all the elements of a full length novel, mystery and romance. I usually don't read stories with ghosts but am so glad I read this one.
Ashley Ehlers
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing

Originally posted on Paranormal Sisters: http://www.paranormalsisters.blogspot...

Okay I have to make a confession. I didn't dive right into this one right away even though I was dying to after I read Sophia's other title, The Pharaoh and The Curator (click the title for my review). I think a part of me was afraid to cause I was afraid that it wouldn't be as great as The Pharaoh and The Curator. Yeah, shame on me. It was just as freaking amazing as the other one!

Though this one wasn't about lost true lovers and it
D.B.
Jan 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Disclaimer - Sophia Jones is my critique partner and I absolutely, positively adore her.

That being said, even if she weren't, I'd still dig this story. The banter and chemistry between Dominic, the 600 year old snarky, silver-tongued rogue of a phantom, and Alyssa, the tough-as-nails modern woman hear-me-roar psychic, are electrifying. Short, steamy, and clever, this paranormal tale is well-worth the read.

Definitely recommend.

And there are more in the works!
Delta
Jun 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Delta by: ereaderiq.com

Psychic Alyssa DeAngelo was summoned to a castle in Italy to help rid it of an evil presence. In addition to the elderly castle owner, Mr. O'Toole, Alyssa made the aquaintance of Dominicus Romano, who for 600 years had been trapped there. Only Alyssa could see and hear Dominic, and she could feel his touch, too. Dominic was shocked that he could feel Alyssa when he touched her. When later alone together, their mutual attraction quickly ignites and they become allies with a c
Christyn
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First of all let me say, I loved this short paranormal story. Alyssa and Dominic positively sizzled. Beyond Alyssa and Dominic I felt the story itself was also strongly written. We have a pretty good idea as to what happened in the past and its effect on the characters in the present, so that the story itself makes sense (that is, there is no evil presence that pops up in the story just for the sake of an evil presence). I was honestly preparing myself for a sad ending but was pleasantly surpris ...more
Jemma
Jun 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great short story, In fact one of the best I've read. The story was straight to the point, thrilling, not sure if there was suppose to be humour in there but i did chuckle when Alyssa puts Dominic in his place, it was interesting and a tad bit steamy *ohh my*. it had brief descriptions of each of the three characters (just enough for you to like them all but not to much as it would take up most of the book like some short stories I have read) :D If there was a follow on novella I wouldn't hesita ...more
Nikki
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-s
Well crafted

A short story to tickle your taste buds, nice change from hefty reads. Focusing on three characters that are easy to relate too.
It does leave you wanting more and that's a sign of a fantastic author. Sophia's style of writing is captivating, a pleasure to read, it grips you from the beginning, that's very intriguing.
The chemistry between Alyssa and Dominic is alluring and just damn right steaming hot. Good plot nice twist and a hart warming ending.

Well worth
Rebecca
Feb 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Alyssa a Psychic has been called to Italy by an elderly gentleman after two suspicious deaths occurred in his castle. Alyssa feels something 'evil' lurking in a room in the castle, but she also senses someone else.........Dominic. A ghost you'd certainly want to be stuck with!

A quick fiery supernatural read. Sweet and tasty.
Kelly
Another nicely naughty one. Short, sexy and full of ghostly goodness. I approve.

-Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal

The Phantom and the Psychic was a free Kindle book I downloaded on 01/31/13 for the Why Buy the Cow? reading challenge.
Aubrey Wynne
Mar 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love short stories and castles. This added a spunky heroine and an irritating but sexy ghost-hero. What a wonderful way to spend the afternoon. Sophia Jones is a master at writing shorts, sex and a satisfying ending.
Beverly Ovalle
May 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this short spicy little tale. The title caught my attention and the interaction between Alyssa and Dominic kept it caught! A fun enjoyable read. The twist at the end? Find out! Definitely worth the time to read!
Sónia Tigol
Oct 09, 2013 rated it really liked it

Great short story, In fact one of the best I've read.
I enjoyed this book immensely. The characters are amazing and the story makes us addicted to this book from the beginning to end.
It was a amazing book.

Kirstie
Sep 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic quick read...I was a little sad it ended! If you want to just escape from the world for a bit then this is just the right book for it! I loved it and look forward to reading more of Sophia Jones' books!!!
Kishan Paul
Apr 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Great short story filled with mystery, romance, and of course sex. It is a quick read that leaves you wanting more.
Sylvia
Jul 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
So good. so short. was not disappointed.
Jen
May 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great short story.. I really enjoyed it.
Janet Juengling-Snell
Jun 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
LOVE IT... REVIEW TO FOLLOW!!
Maria Cox
Oct 03, 2013 rated it liked it
Blurb:
Alyssa DeAngelo is a psychic summoned to a castle in Italy to help its owner get rid of an evil presence. The elderly castle owner, Mr. O'Toole, welcomes Alyssa to his home and within a few hours Mr. O'Toole suffers a fainting spell and is hauled to the hospital leaving Alyssa alone at the castle.

Dominic Romano, a six hundred year old ghost is trapped in the castle and is less than gracious when Alyssa arrives. He calls her names and is unbearable all under the pretense t
Shannon
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a really great read, it is a short story so obviously it didn't take me much time to fly through but I loved it..

It's about a psychic named Alyssa, who goes to a haunted castle to help out the owner who believes it to be haunted.. It's not hard to give much away so I will stop, but it's free today so check it out!!
Angel **Book Junkie**
A Good short story. I think about midway during the story I got lost somewhere and it was not in a good way. And then by the time I got to the ending it was good but I still felt like for such a short story that I missed something.
Liza Burns
Jan 27, 2013 rated it liked it
This was a great short story that I was sad to see end. A throwback to classic horror movies, but enough new and interesting to keep the story original. Definitely a great first attempt by Ms. Jones! I will most definitely be on the look out for all of her future works!!
Erin
Surprisingly not bad at all considering how short it was.

I didn't dislike any of the characters. Wouldn't have minded it being longer even.
Elle
Dec 10, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this short and steamy story. The pacing was just right, there was just enough mystery to keep me guessing, and I was very happy at the end.
Linda
Sep 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
A quick read, smutty fluff and the Exorsist in an italian setting.
3,5 Stars
Kathy
Dec 23, 2015 rated it liked it
A really short story about a phantom, and a psychic… Shocking, I know, but it's true. ;-)

Read:
December 23, 2015 - Kindle Edition
Beckey
Ok short story, seemed that this was the beginning of a longer story. At the end of the story something seemed off with one scene ... Overall a three star read.
Shutupshabby
rated it did not like it
Jun 02, 2014
Jami Humphrey
Feb 03, 2016
Sara V
Jun 22, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
Sophia Jones lives in the Arizona desert with her husband, infant daughter, and an assortment of furry critters. She is a voracious reader of many genres, though most often it's a romance novel in her hand.

For her, life is about the next great adventure, whether that's rappelling through a remote slot canyon in the American Southwest, hiking the Inca Trail in Peru, or curling up on the couch with