Start by marking “Cinderella (Faerie Tale Collection, #4)” as Want to Read:
Cinderella (Faerie Tale Collection, #4)

Cinderella

(Faerie Tale Collection #4)

A girl with a secret and a prince on a mission

When Prince Anthony spies Eleanoria Woodston outside her family home dressed as a servant, he knows something is amiss. Pretending to be John, his cousin’s outrider, he decides to take matters into his own hands and figure out why Ella hasn’t been seen at court. And more importantly why the daughter of one of the wealthiest
Nook, 250 pages
Published February 18th 2013 by StoneHouse Ink (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Cinderella, please sign up.
Jenni James It's about time, isn't it? I'll talk to my publisher and we'll see what we can do. :)…moreIt's about time, isn't it? I'll talk to my publisher and we'll see what we can do. :) (less)

Start your review of Cinderella (Faerie Tale Collection, #4)
Stef
Mar 14, 2015 rated it really liked it
I was going through the stories in Wattpad when I found this. It was perfect! Well, perfect enough to fill my need of cute lovey-dovey romance stuff. Yes it was a bit cliché, cheesy and not the best out there, but for me, nonetheless, it was nice to find something so simple and short yet creative and did not once made me want to stop reading it. Which is something you rarely find in Wattpad. I say good job to the author and I hope it gets more reads!
Erika ♥OwlwaysReading♥
Jul 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Re-read 2019

An enchanting Cinderella retelling.
Kendra Ardnek
Another Cinderella

Not the best Cinderella retelling I've ever read, though certainly not not the worst. There was more kissing than I like, but I enjoyed the main plot.
Melissa T
Mar 20, 2014 rated it it was ok
Shelves: young-adult
I couldn't bring myself to finish it. I think if Gilbert Blythe were reviewing it, he'd tell the author to take out all the "highfaluting mumbo jumbo." I couldn't take it.
Kristen
Jan 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Sooo cute. I just love Jenni James's books. You never have to worry what you are going to find. They are clean, they are romantic. I would give them to my niece as well as my mom. Just great.

The only negative critisism I could could come up with was sometimes it seems like they fall in instant love, but it doesn't matter, still brilliant. Well done Jenni!
Linnae
Friendship becomes romance.

Eleanoria Woodston mostly tries not to think about how her life has changed since her beloved father died. Her stepmother, Lady Dashlund, rules the home with an iron hand, with Ella receiving the brunt of it. She now lives in the attic, instead of her own bedroom, and she does all the chores. Her stepsisters get to wear all the finery and are the recipients of Ella's hard work. Even her beloved horse, Sunshine, was sold to help pay the debts.

Prince Anthony has been
Jessica Plowman
Feb 14, 2017 rated it liked it
This was a cute version of Cinderella. I loved how the relationship of the prince and Ella was developed. However I thought the dynamic of the step mother should have been Developed better. I just didn't hate her much and she just wasn't a huge character. But cute story.
Linda Bakker-Zwakhals
A very short, very simple and very sweet version of Cinderella.
Ritika Chhabra
Life has always been so terrible and unbearable for Cinderella, and yet, she always bore with it. Life has always been so tough, and yet, she always had it.

When I initially chose this book to read, I did not do so because Cinderella is one of my favorite fairy-tales. I did this because of the mysterious and exciting blurb that Jenni James provided in her book. Of course, once I was halfway through I realized that that was only what she mentioned in the beginning chapters and that the whole
Ally
Jul 17, 2013 rated it liked it
Wow! I love this retelling of Cinderella better than any other. (Except for Cinder (Cinder #1) by Marissa Meyer) (Read that book if you don't know what I'm talking about). Cinderella (and Cinder) are absolutely delightful. Cinderella is recommended to readers who are at least eleven years old.

The plot isn't twisty or anything, but everything is pretty well written and fitted together. Every word flows and nothing is too wrong or anything. I like the conflict of the story, but it isn't too big of
Silverin
First Line:
"Ella picked up the last basket of clothing, her arms strained from attempting to carry the heavy, wet mass the twelve or so feet to the drying line."

This is a very non-magical fairytale retelling of Cinderella. All the aspects that made the original story wonderful for me are missing here. There is no fairy godmother, no magical transformation, no running away at midnight and leaving behind a glass slipper, and no sense of awe or wonder at the discovery of the identity of the

Kathryn
May 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: young-adult
I see a lot of people have really enjoyed this book, but I did not find it very well written at all. A new character arrives 2/3 of the way through, just to provide the answer to all Ella's problems. There is no explanation as to why he waited this long to give her the answers he had, and we never hear from him again. And Ella and the Prince kiss each other a whole lot and then still apparently aren't sure of their feelings for each other!? One of the step sisters all of a sudden becomes nice, ...more
Mia
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
For me reading this book was like eating an overly sweet dessert- it just didn't have any substance to it. I could see the author was trying to update the story some and change up the romance but for me there just wasn't enough plot. It was far too much focus on the romantic part of the story for me. If you're a fan of sappy, sweet romances, then this one is for you!
Jun 19, 2016 rated it it was ok
If you want a book of cliches and corny romance lines, this is perfect for you. If you don't, I might suggest looking for a different book.
Elentarien
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: fairy-tales, romance
I found this to be a very simple retelling of the fairy tale. All in all, I enjoyed it, though I found it to be. . .underdeveloped. The editing was rough and in several places caused reading to cease and backtracking to occur to figure out what had just been read.

Very little actually *happened*, the villian/s were barely present, and when things started coming to a head. . .nothing actually happened. They did not truly *do* anything.

I did appreciate that Ella and the prince knew each other
Meghan
Oct 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
Simone Sylvester
The Daddy Issues in this book were too real.... Got me in the feels big time! But it was a cute read, and I enjoyed it.

Although this doesn't seem like a very different retelling... There was no Fairy-Godmother, and no 'When the clock strikes 12...' business.

There are so many different re-tellings of this story. The one where she goes to the ball wearing her step-sister's stuff, and they shred the clothes off her and scratch her face bloody....
And the other version where she loses the slipper
Suhana
Jul 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Naisha Khatani
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a cute retelling of Cinderella, for lack of a better word. I'm actually not too fond of the original because it shows a helpless girl that falls in love with a prince that doesn't even know her name. I loved how Ella and Anthony's feelings towards each other developed over time rather than in one night. I feel as though the stepmother's character could have been developed a little more and could have been more involved in the story. Over all, very enjoyable.
Leah
Dec 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Kristin
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Fabulous Retelling

I really enjoyed this version of the Cinderella story! With so many out there i didn't expect it. I love that it did not include any ridiculousness of magic. It was more realistic, but still had the magic storyline. I loved it!
Claudia Moreira Calzadilla
Jan 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fairy-tales
Beautiful!!!
Kiersten Garfield
Aug 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So cute one of my favorites
Keyanna Blackport
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
i love this version of cinderella seconed time reading it and still love it
KK
Sep 17, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was pretty cheesy. It was still good, but it wasn't my favorite.
aem
May 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of the better re-tellings... Thank you.
Jeanille
May 18, 2017 rated it liked it
out of this series, so far I like this one the best.
Amel  Armeliana
A little bit boring, but still can be enjoyed.
Jamie
Feb 14, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun spin on a predictable classic

Short, sweet, cheesy and feel good. Liked the fairytale, the writing is ok. Will probably read Jenni James again, but not a favorite author.
Rmsooon
Mar 25, 2019 rated it liked it
Ive read " cinderella faerie collection " ,, i wished the plot would be better ,, it was okay .. i gave it 2.75 out of 5
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Translation to Spanish, why not? 2 3 Jul 16, 2016 06:31AM
Sinopsis en Español // Synopsis in Spanish 1 1 Nov 21, 2014 07:10AM
¿Por qué no una traducción al Español? 1 3 Oct 22, 2014 01:44PM

• Princess of Shadows (Fairy Tale Adventures, #1)
  • Curse of a Djinn
  • Girl at Heart
  • Crazy in Love (Matt & Anna, #1)
  • Chosen By A Beast (Hearts Of Stone, #1)
  • The Captive Maiden (Hagenheim, #4)
  • The Firethorn Crown (Firethorn Chronicles, #1)
  • Ms. Scrooge: A heartwarming, feel good Christmas romance
  • The Lady and the Wish (Faraway Castle, #4)
  • The Outlaws of Sherwood
  • Wildfire Pegasus (Fire & Rescue Shifters: Wildfire Crew #4)
  • Reflection (The Kingdom Chronicles, #4)
  • Melt My Heart
  • Pathways (The Kingdom Chronicles, #1)
  • Safety in the Friendzone
  • The Golden Braid (Hagenheim, #6)
  • Gilded Rose (Celestials #1)
  • The Best Man
CLEAN ROMANCE FOR TEENS:

*The Jane Austen Diaries*
Pride & Popularity (Aug 2011)
Persuaded (Aug. 2012)
Emmalee (Jan 2013)
Mansfield Ranch (Dec 2013)
Northanger Alibi (Feb. 2012)
Sensible & Sensational (July 2015)
Sand & Sun (2016)

Cinderella
Hansel and Gretel
Jack and the Beanstalk
Snow

Faerie Tale Collection (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Beauty and the Beast (Faerie Tale Collection, #1)
  • Sleeping Beauty (Faerie Tale Collection, #2)
  • Rumplestiltskin (Faerie Tale Collection, #3)
  • Hansel and Gretel (Faerie Tale Collection, #5)
  • Jack and the Beanstalk (Faerie Tale Collection, #6)
  • Snow White (Faerie Tale Collection, #7)
  • The Frog Prince (Faerie Tale Collection, #8)
  • The Twelve Dancing Princesses (Faerie Tale Collection, #9)
  • Rapunzel (Faerie Tale Collection, #10)
  • The Little Mermaid (Faerie Tale Collection, #11)
“He followed her lead quick enough,and they were soon swaying together, allowing the moment and their hearts to heal what the other could not” 0 likes
“onto” 0 likes