Start by marking “Thor's Serpents (The Blackwell Pages #3)” as Want to Read:
Thor's Serpents (The Blackwell Pages #3)

Thor's Serpents

(The Blackwell Pages #3)

For fans of Percy Jackson and the Olympians, the thrilling conclusion to The Blackwell Pages, written by New York Times bestselling YA authors, K.L. Armstrong and M.A. Marr.

Thirteen-year-olds Matt, Laurie, and Fen have beaten near-impossible odds to assemble their fellow descendants of the Norse Gods and complete epic quests. Their biggest challenge lies ahead: battling t
Published May 19th 2015 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers (first published March 1st 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Thor's Serpents, please sign up.
Nate Christensen book stores
ex. anywhere you can buy a book…more
book stores
ex. anywhere you can buy a book(less)
Rose Black In many religions, including Norse, a snake and a dragon were the same thing, therefor the same name was used.

Start your review of Thor's Serpents (The Blackwell Pages #3)
Me-Connie
Sep 21, 2014 rated it really liked it
Why isn't this called 'Thor's Goats'?

It would fit the pattern, Loki's Wolves, Odin's Ravens, and Thor's Goats. Unless Thor now has magical snakes.
Connor
I'm happy to know how everything in this series ended up!

While I know I rated it lower than the others, I think that may be because the things in the first two that I didn't enjoy so much continued to annoy me. The characters always seem to reset in terms of their flaws, and they have to work on them all over again. Things were also really convenient which as you all know, bothers me.

That said, I love Baldwin. He is my favorite! Definitely the best character in the entire series. He and Helen
Cathy
Apr 23, 2015 rated it really liked it
Not quite a four star read but it was a good series overall so I'm rounding up. This book was a little frantic and crowded with the kids dashing around into different side adventures that I didn't always quite understand the purpose of in the greater narrative. But it's a fun adventure for the middle grade set. Definitely for younger kids though. It has an innocence that you don't see as much anymore, though it still has a few more serious themes (like the stuff between Matt and his grandfather, ...more
Tessa
3.5

It was still a lot of fun but the ending left me a little flat. It ended just about the way I expected and when I finished the book I just sort of wondered why Ragnarok was such a big deal anyway. The first two are better.
Lola
Thor's Serpents is a great ending to this series. Just as packed with action as the previous books and it certainly ups the pace and the tension with the end of the world coming close by. This books builds towards the big battle, while also putting the characters in other situations and obstacles they need to overcome first. It was a fun and enjoyable book, although maybe a little bit more serious than the first two because the end of the world is so close now. There are still enough lighter sce ...more
Jahnvi
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jeez, that book took a while!! This was an awesome read and I, since I enjoyed Percy Jackson, was suspicious about the series but I love the vibes and everything!! This was an easy read, yeah, but it was worthwhile and I'm so glad I could read the series. Norse mythology makes sooo much more sense now... RECOMMEND TO ANY PJO HOO FANS!!
Melanie
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it

Review originally posted at RabidReads.com.

I thought this was a great ending to this trilogy. It picks up right where Odin’s Ravens left off. Matt knows that he is going to be Thor’s champion in the battle at Ragnarok. He has several friends that have been traveling with him throughout the stories that are champions for Loki, Odin, Baldwin, Freya and Frey.

In the first two books the kids have learn a lot and have really become a team. At the end of the previous book, it seems that one c
Stacee
Nov 09, 2015 rated it it was ok
It feels like this book was thrown together so the authors could finish the story and move on to something better.

It didn't have the build of the first 2 books in the series, and the end fell flat when they decided to have the grandpa show up in the battle to say something like "Sorry, now give me the stuff and I'll win. Forget everything I've done over the past 2 books trying to bring the other side to victory." through his new actions. It was the quickest way to bring that conflict to a close
Emma
Aug 28, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I liked reading this book but I couldn't get into it, I'd lost the hype I had half a year ago when I found out about it and the even bigger hype when I first read the two other books. The fighting wasn't until the end (although there was some through and through, the big battle wasn't until the very last 100 pages of the book.) besides the point it very pretty good and i like the way it ended
Mark Buxton
Mar 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
My name is Laurie, and I can't believe what Matt told me about Fen; there's no way he's a traitor! Even if he's really the wolves' new alpha, there's got to be more to the story. Matt's duel to save the world is fast-approaching, and ferocious monsters are still popping up to stop him. Matt says he needs some warm-up fighting before facing the serpent, but this is getting ridiculous. We still don't know the location of the final battle, but one of the Thorsons has the information. It will be har ...more
Sherry
Jul 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Satisfying conclusion with a few twists!
Ellie Emmelhainz
Sep 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was an amazing book that at a lot of times actually surprised me and I just loved it!
Ms. Yingling
May 26, 2015 rated it liked it
In this third and final book following Loki's Wolves and Odin's Ravens, Matt and his compatriots have to figure out a number of details about Ragnarok. Fen is stuck with the Raiders, who think that the end of the world will be a good thing. Laurie is upset, since Fen is the other representative of their ancestor, Loki, and she doesn't like being on opposite sides on the conflict. Matt, Owen, Baldwin et al. go to Rapid City to consult the Norns. After battling the mara (nightmares) in a museum., ...more
Hal
Mar 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
So it's rare for me to give a 1 star to a book I actually finished but I feel like the conclusion to the Blackwell Pages has earned it (or at maybe a 1.5).

Matt has to go find an Uncle that his family hasn't talked to for years because of a disagreement with the grandfather, at first I assumed it had something to do with the plot but nope it's suggested it was because the Uncle is gay. If this had been handled differently it would have been great; further shows the grandfather as a not-understand
Thomas Norstein
Kaeli
Mar 30, 2015 rated it it was ok
I didn't really enjoy this book as much as the other two. Loki's Wolves and Odin's Ravens I found, were far more captivating. This book took me forever to get into and when I finally did they ended the story. The whole book was rising action and the actual climax didn't happen until the end, and even though the climax wasn't that bad it wasn't what I expected, not in a good way. This book wasted my time because I was waiting for the good part of the book to happen during the entire time that I w ...more
Abby
Jun 19, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, 2015
4 stars. This was a good conclusion to the trilogy! I love how everything was wrapped up in a way that made sense; there weren't any glaring plot holes or loose ends. I also like how there wasn't almost no romance at all in this trilogy! It would've felt fake. Plus it's hard to take 13 year olds in a relationship seriously. I only wish it hadn't ended so abruptly, though I did like epilogue. The series as a whole is a solid 4 star series!
Myriam
Mar 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Not gonna lie i expected better. Tho whole plot was good and action packed but the last 50 pages were boring and predictable so. It was nice to read but this is not going to be one of my favorite series ever.
Ellen Zarate
In the conclusion of The Blackwell Pages our descendants of Norse gods learn as much about themselves as heroes as they learn about themselves as kids. Action packed and far less predictable than a lot of other reads in this category.
Jana
May 27, 2014 rated it really liked it
4.5*

WHAT A FINALE. This series is just great. My only complaint, as with its two predecessors, is that this wasn't set in an actual Scandinavian country, which would've made it even better.
Ariana Escalante
Jul 04, 2014 rated it liked it
i was still hoping for a few more surprises to appear
Bronwyn Lok
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
John Mead
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the concluding book in a trilogy, so anything said reflects, to an extent, upon the entire series.

I liked it. A lot.

First, the underlying premise. The old Norse Gods have all died; it's not detailed just how this occured, but the implication is that it occured due to their own stupidity. And face it, reading the sagas, the Norse Gods weren't that bright; they did some really stupid shit. Real good examples of Might Makes Right.

Their being dead isn't preventing Ragnarok from occuring. Som
Joti
Sep 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Stacie (MagicOfBooks)
I will also do a video review here at my channel: http://www.youtube.com/magicofbooks

"Thor's Serpents" is the final book in the "Blackwell Pages" series by KL Armstrong and MA Marr. The end of the world, Ragnarok, is here, and it's up to Matt and his friends to form their allegiances and prevent the destruction of everything they love. Matt struggles with leadership. Laurie struggles with confidence. And Fen struggles between the path between good and evil. The Descendants of the North rely on e
Jamie (the_reading_pup)
Jun 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

This was such an amazing conclusion to this trilogy! I was truly engaged in the story the whole time and couldn't wait to see what would happen next! There were some fun twists and turns along the way that kept me really excited!

As always, I loved Matt, Fen, Laurie, and Baldwin! These guys are such amazing characters and I loved watching their journey!

I wish we got some more development on Reyna, Owen, Ray, Astrid, and Skull and the rest of the raiders. Ray we know next to nothing abou
Julia
May 28, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Young At Heart Reader
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: junior-fiction
A very fitting and satisfying end to another awesome title under the Mythology for Kids genre. I probably didn't enjoy this one as much as I should have, seeing as it has been a few years since reading the previous installment, but I was still glad to read this.

It seemed to go by a lot quicker than the other books, but maybe that was just because it's the last book and it's time to wrap everything up. The characters were still likable and previous antagonists were more filled out so they weren'
Brittany Walker (NekosBooks)
Sep 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is one of the few time's that I can say that I don't know which book was my favorite. All three where so well written & the pacing was perfect; it kept me engaged in the story without being overwhelming. Which could have easily happened since each book picks up where the last left off, so it's really like your reading one big book.

Sadly my opinion of the characters I disliked in the beginning didn't change after finishing this book. I still can't stand Owen, Astrid, or Matt's grandfather.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Tomb of Shadows (Seven Wonders, #3)
  • Lost in Babylon (Seven Wonders, #2)
  • The Legend of the Rift (Seven Wonders, #5)
  • The Curse of the King (Seven Wonders, #4)
  • The Fire Keeper (The Storm Runner, #2)
  • The Colossus Rises (Seven Wonders, #1)
  • Predator Vs Prey (Going Wild #2)
  • Going Wild (Going Wild #1)
  • Clash of Beasts (Going Wild #3)
  • Twilight of the Elves (The Adventurers Guild #2)
  • The Silver Dwarf (Royal Institute of Magic #4)
  • Villains Rising (The Cloak Society, #2)
  • Fall of Heroes (The Cloak Society, #3)
  • Aru Shah and the Song of Death (Pandava Quartet, #2)
  • Jinx's Magic (Jinx #2)
  • Worlds Apart (Story Thieves #5)
  • The Storm Runner (The Storm Runner, #1)
  • Frostborn (Thrones & Bones, #1)

Pen name of author Kelley Armstrong.

The Blackwell Pages (3 books)
  • Loki's Wolves (The Blackwell Pages, #1)
  • Odin's Ravens (The Blackwell Pages, #2)