Start by marking “75 Exquisite Trims in Thread Crochet: For Edgings, Corners, Crescents & More” as Want to Read:
75 Exquisite Trims in Thread Crochet: For Edgings, Corners, Crescents & More

75 Exquisite Trims in Thread Crochet: For Edgings, Corners, Crescents & More

Author of the bestselling 100 Snowflakes to Crochet, Caitlin Sainio, is back with seventy-five gorgeous edging and trims

From airy geometric patterns, delicate eyelets and fringes, to gossamer calligraphic borders, lush floral chains, and charming motifs that children will love—the possibilities for making stunning decorative edgings are endless. This collection of delicate
Published November 12th 2013 by St. Martin's Griffin (first published October 14th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about 75 Exquisite Trims in Thread Crochet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 75 Exquisite Trims in Thread Crochet

Nancy
Nov 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book through Goodreads first reads giveaway.

This is a beautiful book. The crochet trim instructions are for beginner to advanced. They are easy to follow instructions that also include pictures (in color) and diagrams (also in color). There is a crochet refresher course which is helpful for beginners or anyone who has not picked up a crochet hook for a while.

I am left-handed and have not always been able to translate instructions for crocheting left-handed. This book is easy for
(Jen) The Artist Librarian
4 & 1/2 stars:

Caitlin Sainio presents a wide array of thread crochet trims in her new book, "75 Exquisite Trims in Thread Crochet: For Edgings, Corners, Crescents & More." From traditional patterns such as the Simple Chain or Pinapple Lace trims to whimsical and unique designs such as Teddy Bears on Swings or Rainbows, there is sure to be a perfect trim for you, whether new or experienced in crochet work.

The instructions are clear, with foundation rows written out with crochet abbreviati
Tina
Jan 01, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I won this book through Goodreads First Reads and am excited to keep this as a resource for future projects.

While I've been crocheting for awhile, I haven't worked with thread crochet or made any trimmings before. This book is a great resource for people of all levels looking to complete some new projects and try new crochet challenges. I like that the book provides a brief review of stitches and crochet basics as well. All the patterns, even the advanced ones, are understandable and clearly wri
Gretchen
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
I was fortunate to win this book in a First Reads giveaway. It is an fantastic book, with beautiful photos and excellent instructions on how to crochet 75 different trims, or lace, as some might refer to it. The beginning has very nice instructions, along with illustrations, for someone just beginning to crochet, on most of the major stitches. After the main section, with the instructions for crocheting the trims, is a small section with project ideas - ways to use the trims. The trims themselve ...more
Lori
Sep 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: craft, non-fiction
I was a goodreads first reads winner of this wonderful craft book. There are some beautiful ideas in this book about crochet. There are some great projects in this book. It is all about Edgings and corners. this book starts off with the basics suggesting all the materials you may need for the projects.the second part is the technical instructions for projects such as:simple chains,arches, ripples, knotted,zigzag, sunrise, and many more types. There are 75 trims in all. A lot of terrific and beau ...more
Lauren
Helpful and informative for crocheters.

I won this from GoodReads as a First read.
Ann
Dec 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received this book today in the Goodreads Giveaway program. It is a gorgeous book full of wonderful designs for crochet trims with unlimited possibilities. I am so anxious to get started. The directions seem complete, the pictures on every page are full color, the book is printed on wonderful quality paper and I will be getting started on this craft tomorrow. I work with my sister to create pillows made from vintage linens, and many times this type of trim is the perfect addition to our pillow ...more
Lynne
Mar 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received this book from a Goodreads Giveaway. This is a great little book. The edgings are beautiful. I showed it to a co-worker. She immediately bought a copy and has done some of the edgings.
Cassie Haupt
Sep 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful crochet patterns complete with stunning pictures of what the finished product should look like. I haven't yet had the chance to sit down and use this book, but flipping through it has me excited for all the intricate things I now have the capability and instruction to make.
Sara
Sep 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads-wins
I received this book through a goodreads giveaway.

There are so many beautiful designs for beginners to crochet trims. The instructions seem simple enough - there are plenty of pictures to look at as well. I am very excited to try them all - starting this weekend!
Tracy
Sep 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: first-reads
So many beautiful trims with difficulty levels that seem appropriate . I hate when books say easy and it should say hard. It even starts with a quick lesson in crochet, just in case you have forgotten how to do it and need a refresher.. I will enjoy using these trims.
Kathleen Dixon
Nov 26, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: craft
I don't do trims on linen or clothes, so what am I doing with a book like this? Well, they're so beautiful! And they make fabulous necklaces for the granddaughters.
Lexi DeConti
Jul 31, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Truly exquisite trims, I learned a lot!
Cheryl
Mar 22, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful book with beautiful photos. Great for anyone who is just a beginner or advanced. Inspiring.
susan siuta
Alberta Jewkes
Jul 19, 2017
Caz
Jan 04, 2016

• Connect the Shapes Crochet Motifs: Creative Techniques for Joining Motifs of All Shapes
  • Crochet Master Class: Lessons and Projects from Today's Top Crocheters
  • Unexpected Afghans: Innovative Crochet Designs with Traditional Techniques
  • 75 Floral Blocks to Crochet: Beautiful Patterns to Mix and Match for Afghans, Throws, Baby Blankets, and More
  • 100 Flowers to Knit & Crochet: A Collection of Beautiful Blooms for Embellishing Garments, Accessories, and More
  • Complete Guide to Needlework
  • The Complete Photo Guide to Crochet
  • The Complete Book of Crochet Stitch Designs: 500 Classic  Original Patterns
  • Crochet Inspiration
  • Crochet Me
  • Lace One-Skein Wonders: 101 Projects Celebrating the Possibilities of Lace
  • Craftivity: 40 Projects for the DIY Lifestyle
  • Cute  Easy Crochet: Learn to crochet with these 35 adorable projects
  • 200 Crochet Blocks for Blankets, Throws, and Afghans: Crochet Squares to Mix and Match
  • Star Wars:  The New Essential Guide to Weapons & Technology
  • Paint Lab: 52 Exercises inspired by Artists, Materials, Time, Place, and Method
  • Islamic Geometric Patterns [With CDROM]
  • Zenspirations
Caitlin Sainio is a freelance crochet designer, and author of several books of crochet patterns. She has been crocheting since childhood, and especially loves the delicate geometries of thread crochet. When not crocheting, Caitlin enjoys reading, playing the mandolin, and doing almost anything outside. She lives in Massachusetts with her husband, their two sons, and a very fierce cat.