Start by marking “Moo!” as Want to Read:
Moo!

Moo!

4.19  ·  Rating details ·  1,500 Ratings  ·  279 Reviews
When Cow gets her hooves on the farmer's car, she takes it for a wild ride through the country. Moooo! But a bump in the road brings this joy ride to a troublesome end. Moo-moo. . . Has Cow learned her lesson about living life in the fast lane? Moo?

Pairing two talented creators who managed to tell a complete story with just one word—MOO—this imaginative picture book will h
Published October 8th 2013 by Walker Books for Young Readers (first published September 10th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Moo!, please sign up.

J
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is too much fun. I read it to a few different groups of kids, and one group asked me to read it again. I think this book would go over well with older kids, even.
Heidi-Marie
Oh my goodness-YES!!! I like this even more than "Banana" possibly because I love cows. And also because there is a little more in the illustrations. Can't wait to read this in preschool storytime!

1/8/14: Fabulous!! The kids and adults all loved this. Laughed throughout the whole thing. Loved the pictures. Loved that the cow took the car. Loved all the moo-ing. I read it just right that they understand what all was being said in Moo. The only downside: I forgot the adorable toy cow I got for Chr
Cheryl
Nov 02, 2016 rated it really liked it
Well, not just one word. It helps to know "car for sale" and "police." And the wonderful sly ending, (view spoiler)....Ridiculous fun. Not sure of the reread value, but if your library has it, do check it out.
Melki
Mar 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Never has one word meant so much!
Tegan (The Rowdy Librarian)
This one had me cracking up. Such a good story told in just one word (until the end). Great illustrations, they really enhance the story! Read for my grad school class of Lit & Resources for Children.
Lindsay
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens
Hilariously brilliant!
Christina D.
Sep 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A really funny and cute picture book!
Ellie Jackson
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was ok
I can picture this book being a funny read aloud for young children. In fact, I'm sure they would be dying at the end if read correctly. However, the story only follows the shenanigans of one cow who gets in trouble at the end. I was hoping for a clearer message at the end, but I never felt like I received one.
High Plains Library District
May 19, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: jan, children
If you only read one children's picture book this year, READ THIS ONE! And read it out loud with enthusiasm! There are only 6 words used to tell the story, but only two that you really need to read out loud. I promise, you will love it and so will those you are reading it to...little kids and kids at heart.

Colorado Libraries for Early Literacy (CLEL) chose this book as the CLEL Bell Award Book for the Every Child Ready to Read practice of Talk. The illustrations are priceless and if you and your
Gary Anderson
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Moo! accomplishes exactly what I'm looking for in a read-aloud picture book. It warms up students' literacy mechanisms by spotlighting different ways to express a single word depending on context.

And it's fun! I used it by showing the pictures and flipping the pages while asking different groups of students to supply the various Moos.
Rachel
Jul 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: lis-403-lea
Great illustrations and definitely a great read for storytime. Enjoyed that the entire book had two words. Great to teach kids about expression, feelings, and punctuation. Loved reading this out loud to add some fun. Kids will definitely be laughing at this book when read out loud!
mg
Um...can I give it TEN STARS, please!

Perfect for beginning readers to teach about print awareness. Also great to build confidence in early readers since pretty much every single word is "moo."

I can't WAIT to do this in story times!!
Beth
Nov 03, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A fun one-word story to show how one word can have many different meanings. A good book to pair with BALL by Mary Sullivan. I have to admit, I'm a bit confused as to how this book has a separate author and illustrator. It's a one-word story! :)
Matt Millslagle
Mar 01, 2015 rated it really liked it
Great book, illustrated by Minnesotan Mike Wohnoutka. It's a great book for teaching punctuation, expression and feeling. I love this book and its local ties are great.
Caroline
Dec 18, 2014 rated it really liked it
Moo!!!
Lauren Machta
Aug 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is such a wonderful book for kids. My daughter LOVES it. So hilarious!
Claire
Aug 02, 2016 rated it liked it
Definitely need to practice you "moo", but overall a fun book
Abby
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: picture-books
Loved it! What a hilarious way to model voice inflection and encourage kids to verbalize what is happening in the story..
Elizabeth
May 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A hilarious story told with just one word, "Moo!" Children are delighted that they can read it with you!
Tomiko
Nov 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was a big hit at storytime today.
Whitney Rachel
Nov 05, 2014 rated it really liked it
This is just a fun, goofy book! It would be great for storytime. Think of all of the moo intonations!
Brooke
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: for-itty-bittys
Cutest cow ever? Yes I think so.

Perfect Storytime book? Possibly, but you better work it.

The bold COLORS are SOOOOO good.

The SHAPES are roundy and adorable. Round round round. Even the "oo's" in moo are round. Ooos like the wheels. Over the hills. Round.

SIMPLE
- one cow, one car. one word. Moo. But so much emotion depending on how it is used.
- “Moo- moo…” (uh oh)
FUNNY!
The part where the cow explains everything to the cop SLAYS me!
James McIntosh
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a children's book that us parents had fun reading as well. It uses the illustrations and creative use of just one word (well, technically two words) to tell a funny story. My 1 and a half-year-old daughter seemed to enjoy it as well, perhaps because "moo" is one of the few words she knows right now and she could repeat it.
Melissa
Sep 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: childrens-books
I read this book to my second graders. We all thought it was funny and had a lot of fun saying "moo" in very different ways to match the situation. It's an excellent text to teach kids to change their voices when reading to match the situation.
Megan
The only word in this book is Moo but the illustrations tell a different story. Great read aloud for all ages.
May 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Perfection.
Rani
One word #Story! A #cow takes the #car for a spin. #YoungReaders #PictureBook #BookReview #ChildrensBooks #amreading
Kimberly
A reader with lots of enthusiasm and talent could do a lot with this book. I'd probably be a little nervous to try it...mayyyybe with preschoolers?
Banner Rodgers
Mar 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: children-s-books
Funny book that has a storyline even though it mainly says moo.
Love_Forever
  • Ribbit!
  • I Spy on the Farm
  • Stick!
  • Dog in Charge
  • This Book Just Ate My Dog!