Start by marking “Chains” as Want to Read:
Chains

Chains

Note from the author: This is a very short story - a bit under 5000 words.

A new prisoner has been brought to the castle. They say he's a warrior. They call him a demon. They whisper that he can grant wishes.

Saiven can't resist. He sneaks into the secluded dungeon to see, but the man chained to the wall is not what he expects. Smiling. Teasing. He introduces himself as Faol
Published January 30th 2013 by Jascian Press (first published January 1st 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Chains, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chains

Start your review of Chains
Syfy
Feb 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-pnr
note to self: keep Rowan McBride on speed dial
Serena Yates
Feb 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay
I loved this story! The slight mystery around what was going on, the clearly neglected and lonely prince, his insatiable curiosity, and the utter strangeness of the "demon" prisoner pulled me in. I was glued to the pages (of which there weren't enough) and couldn't wait to see where this story ended up.

Saiven, the seventh and least favorite son of an evil king, is more curious than is good for him, and has more courage than even he believes. He sneaks into the dungeon to find out the truth about
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, shorty, mm, fantasy
I really enjoyed this really short story. I would have loved to read a longer more epic version, as it really felt there was more to tell about Sairen and Faolan both separately and once they were together.
Sammy Goode
Oct 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
All you need to know about this exceptionally little sip is this:

Short
Hot
Clever

Loved it!
Don Bradshaw
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Saiven is the youngest son of a king who reviles him. Faolin is a captive in the king's dungeon and is supposedly a demon. Saiven risks a journey down to the dungeon to see Faolin and receives more than he ever thought possible. Excellently written beginning to what could be a great story. Hot, sexy and beautiful.
The UHQ Nasanta

A short, fantasy piece. It was okay. Sweet ending. I didn't care for the delicate, smaller bottom to the tough, powerful top dynamic. It also suffered from the destined mate trope which I am more than tired of.

Ilona
Feb 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
A short and interesting tale that could have been improved with more story. Hope the author intends to extend it one day.
Omega696
Sweet short story about mistreated prince and a demon held captive in castle's dungeons. There is one thing that bothered me a bit. (view spoiler) But hey, it's a fantasy world, so I probably shouldn't pick on it too much.

Oh, one more thing - I love the cover :)
Tully Vincent
Dec 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars rounded up because of the excellent writing. . . wished it was a bit longer and more fleshed out but a very enjoyable short story that read like a dark erotic fairy tale. A free story that's made me want to read a longer work by this author.
Tutu
Jan 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: short-stories

Very short, very sweet and simple in its plot. No surprises here.
4 stars because I love the author’s style.
This made me miss Rowan Mcbride so I think I’ll schedule some re-reads!
Vivian ♪(┌・。・)┌
Feb 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: gaymance, short
This is a very short and simple book, but it's also very sweet and quite steamy. A fine read. And I like the cover, haha.

(free!)
Yblees
Apr 30, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: m-m-general
Free Short Story. Not bad, but not a lot going on.
Dee Wy
Jan 03, 2015 rated it really liked it
The title is perfect. Loved it!
Jery Schober
Aug 31, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, short-story
Nice. Would've liked to know more about the world and these demons.
M'rella
Very cute. 3.5 stars.
Katherine
Jul 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lovely little quick burn story. Saiven is the seventh son and the least loved. He is hated by his father and all of his brothers and cousins. He lives a miserable life, but at least has relative freedom to wander the castle, which is how he gets to see the newest prison, a demon named Faolan. The demon can grant wishes, but the only wish Saiven has is to be with a man without risking his father's wrath, which Faolan says he can grant. The interaction is very sweet, and learning of Saiven's past ...more
Dora González
Sep 19, 2013 rated it really liked it
Chains, a short erotic story written by Rowan McBride, deals with a curious prince and a special prisoner. It is a story that deals with forbidden love and desires. About overcoming your fears and giving in to what you want.

The writing is well written and the twist at the end is quite enjoyable. As with all short stories, characterization isn’t a strong point, but Chains is worth the read nonetheless.

Would have loved a sequel. If you do give this steamy story a try keep in mind it is a BL story
Annette Gisby
A wonderful erotic short story with more characterisation and world building than some novels. Everything you need to visualise the fantasy world and the characters is there in so few words. Adored it and Saiven was a wonderfully naive hero, but the demon certainly takes care of that soon enough :) Would have loved to have read more in this universe. I'll be looking out some more books by this author.
Suze
Mar 04, 2013 rated it liked it
An interesting read I picked up during the Whips and Kisses challenge.
It started off dark and gloomy and ended with hope for a bright future. Its very short but very well written. Its mildly paranormal and appears set in alt universe castle dungeon.
An enjoyable 20 min read

24.1.15 : reread. A fantastical story, quick, speedy,.
Sam
Aug 08, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: pdf
This was a short enjoyable read. I liked okay, but it felt like there was something missing that was keeping me from really getting into the story and really enjoying it. The characters were well developed for how short of a story it was, but they way they interacted wasn't completely believable.
Serena
Oct 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Saiven, seventh son to the king, visits the dungeons to see Faolan - a demon, or something more, which grants wishes that are earned. Theirs is a story like a chain, linked and sometimes hard and cold, somewhat possessive, but not always realized.
Lillian Francis
Jan 27, 2013 marked it as to-read
free on Smashword atm (28/1/13)
Julie
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
That would have made a great story.
Loved the ending. I am such a sucker for a happy story.
Grandmat
Feb 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very short and well done. Oh, and free. What's not to like?
Manlove
Mar 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shorty short shortenstein. Very enjoyable for what was there.
Mandi
Mar 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
4 stars. Enjoyable, quick read. Sexy and romantic. And free!
Allie Ritch
Mar 24, 2013 rated it liked it
This short work packs a punch. Interesting characters, plenty of emotion, and hot sex.
Marsha Spence
Apr 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy-para
For such a short story, there was ALOT packed into this book! Interesting and left me wanting more!
Anna
A free short story about a prisoner in a castle and the youngest prince in said castle.
Matthew
Jul 31, 2013 rated it liked it
Cute little story of a prince and a prisoner... more sex and freedom from expectations than romance, but cute nonetheless.

• Pregnant With Their Babes (Mermen of Aegeaus #1)
  • Prophesy (The King & Alpha Series, #1)
  • Prisoner
  • The Erl-King
  • Lord of the White Hell, Book 1 (Lord of the White Hell, #1)
  • Tears of the Neko (Neko #1)
  • Before I Wake
  • On Wings of Thunder (On Wings Saga, #1)
  • Chronic Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #2)
  • Omega Society Auction: Book One (Rourke #1)
  • With a Kiss
  • The Alpha and His King (Kincaid Pack #1)
  • The Carnalli Complex (Carnalli Brothers, #1)
  • ふたりの息子に狙われています [Futari no Musuko ni Nerawarete Imasu]
  • Signs
  • Into His Arms (Beloved, #2)
  • Rock Star Baby (Bad Oak Boys, #1)
  • Secret Ingredient
Born an Air Force dependent, Rowan McBride traveled the world and totally missed the 80’s as most Americans know it. In exchange, xe’s gotten to walk in clogs, break an arm at Mt. Fuji, and say prayers at a Korean Buddhist temple. So far it seems like a fair trade. Although xe graduated from high school in Hawaii, xe didn’t learn to hula and make leis until going to college in Iowa. After leaving ...more