Start by marking “Crimson Psyche (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #3)” as Want to Read:
Crimson Psyche (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #3)

Crimson Psyche (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist #3)

3.85  ·  Rating details ·  213 Ratings  ·  23 Reviews
This is the British version, with UK spelling, punctuation, phrases, etc. Replaces Dark Harvest.

Paranormal Women's Fiction

Paperback, UK Edition, 400 pages
Published January 2nd 2014 by Jo Fletcher Books (first published December 24th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about Crimson Psyche, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Crimson Psyche

Kristin L.
Apr 19, 2014 rated it liked it
I have read and enjoyed the first two books in the Dr. Kismet Knight series. This book is a rewrite of the story titled "Dark Harvest." I started to read Dark Harvest but put it aside to read this version.

Honestly, I liked the story. Kismet is a likeable character, and I really enjoyed getting to know Victoria. I had rather guessed about Maxie, and thought she was being influenced as well. And of course, what is there not to love about Devereux? (sigh)

I will say that while the story was good, I
Ladiibbug
#3 Kismet Knight, Vampire Psychologist

Very good third book featuring Kismet, her human or vampire clients and her 800 year old uber-hunk vampire lover, Devereux.

Kismet struggles with her need for independence, against Devereux's insistence that she follows his advice. She knows it's a different game, with the vampire curtain pulled back, but she fights to control her own destiny, while maintaining her relationship.

Kismet is dragged into a friendship with Maxie, a woman who is a tabloid reporter.
Tena Stetler
Mar 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing
This book was the best of the three, in my opinion. The action was nonstop, the romance was fantastic and suspense will keep you on the edge of your chair. Sexy as Hell Devereux is even better than before!

A powerful demon has set his sights on Kismet. An intriguing cast of characters come to her defense or some not so much, but the twists will keep you turning pages until the very satisfying end.

Another must read. And Lynda, is there another book? I'm hooked.
Series? Check.
Vampires? Check.
Suspense/Mystery? Check.
Sex? Check.
Humor? Check.

Yup. I think this will be a good one! Thankfully I was fortunate enough to win a copy of this book for free through Goodreads First Reads.

Review coming up soon.
Perry Gerfen
Apr 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An awesome book.

A thoroughly entertaining book...thrilling at times, funny as Hell others. A very good read that dips into the world of Vampires, the occult, magic and sensuality. A lot of great options for future books. Definitely worth the little money these books cost.
Krystal
May 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Quite a read.

I really like the humor in this story. Of course there was danger, some blood, & even couple of deaths that all blended together quite well. Can't wait to read more about the psychologist & her vampire.
Shaunta
Alan?

Why no Alan? Why did Kismet do Alan wrong? They were perfect together. So disappointed in this series. They couldn't even get one hookup? Devereux was everything she didn't need and yet feel for. I felt sick this whole book.
Angie Bell
Mar 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book and did not see the end coming as it did. I would love to read more books in this series.
Sibilla
Jan 02, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love Lynda Hilburns Books and her Book Series that follows Kismet Knight, the Vampire Psychologist. This one was more about Kismet and less with snippets about the sessions with clients, which I also like. They are fun and also very interesting. But I can live with it, that they were not as present in this book as in the other ones, I feel.

The main story is the same as it was already portrayed in the original second book "dark harvest". Kismet has a lot to endure and has a lot to deal with. I
meghann
Oct 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Theresa
Dec 12, 2016 rated it liked it
I would definitely call this a psychological drama, but it’s too far out for me.

Yes I know it’s about a vampire psychic but for some reason this didn’t sit well with me. Partly because Kismet’s character’s not professional enough, she’s too silly, a little too involved with the drama and her clients are too over-the-top. She’s supposed to have all these special safeguards and abilities and people looking out for her, yet the bad guy just takes over like she’s a helpless babe. I would have like
Stephanie Barnes
Apr 23, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Growth of the Doctor

I really enjoyed this book. I have not read the 2 previous books. I received this book for free and when reading the epilogue it said that it could be read as a stand alone. I am not sorry that I read it without reading the others first however, I will being reading the others because you get a deeper insight to the characters. Kismet is involved with the most powerful vampire. She has a special knack for working with the undead. I love Victoria. She is a good friend, a good
Kate
Aug 25, 2015 rated it really liked it
Psychologist Kismet Knight’s life changed for ever when she discovered a preternatural underworld and became involved with gorgeous, centuries-old Devereux, the powerful leader of a vampire coven. But it’s brought her plenty of new, undead clients and a certain amount of notoriety. When she agrees to what she believes is just another radio interview, she finds she’s completely mistaken.

And while Maxie Westhaven, a tabloid newspaper reporter in search of a juicy story, is befriending Kismet, lead
Dena
Feb 13, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Psychology at its best

This is definitely more mental than physical. We get the villains (Hallow!!?!) and then the heroine (Knight). She is unexpected and is to much introverted even when she tries not to be. I wish she would get over herself already and move on. She is making the same mistakes over and over. She is a psychologist and yet doesn't do anything in her personal life it's just stagnant. She uses fear to push any help away. Hallow preys on her ignorance in the supernatural lifestyle. H
Sophie
I enjoyed reading Crimson Psyche much more than I enjoyed the second book of this series - the story was more readable and more enjoyable.

I liked the development of the characters story-lines and the addition of the new characters added depth. My only issue really was the pace - it felt liked the pace was all over the show, going from fast paced and action packed to trudging through treacle.

The relationship between Kismet and Devereux intensified which was lovely to read and the scenes definite
Paranormal Books R Us
Crimson Psyche Review

Very good book with all the scary bad guys and sexy vampires you could ask for. And with its strong female lead it reminded me of a cross between the Anita Blake and Night Huntress series which happen to be a few of my favorites. I was also very pleasantly surprised that I was able to jump into this book and follow along without any confusion or feeling like I was missing something from the first two books in the series. I am definitely interested in checking out more from t
T.
Apr 04, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebies
I downloaded Crimson Psyche as a free book from Amazon. I loved this author's writing style, and the Kismet character was excellent. I've not read any books from the series, but I was able to follow the action and storyline easily. It started to break down for me as I got deeper into the book, without any real character development )or common sense in some cases). The villains were pretty obvious, so I spent part of the book thinking Kismet was a dope. I'm glad I bypassed the other books in the ...more
Lila Lockhart
(I was fortunate enough to win a copy of this book for free through Goodreads First Reads; review coming soon!)

Psychology AND vampires? Yes please.

I'm going to review this book as soon as possible, but, I loved the concept so much that I'm choosing to read the first two books... first! I hope you don't mind, Lynda, but I'm very excited for this series and didn't want spoilers by reading this book before the others.
Donna Fernstrom
Aug 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was even better than book 2 - very interesting to watch the MC fall apart mentally. It seemed very realistic, actually. A new big bad guy, and lots more delving into the character's metaphysical side. I was glad to see her stop cringing away from exploring what she can really do. Admittedly the BD thing was a little predictable, lol.
Shannon
Apr 30, 2014 rated it liked it
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I read these books for the lols. In fact I'm not sure why anyone would read it for any other reason. Opening chapter and Lynda, you have not let me down. It's just plain fun, in that trashy kind of way.
mirba
Oct 29, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: vampires
Try as I might I couldn't buy the second book of this series, so with some trepidation I tried directly the third.
Great book!

Jane Yang
May 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: vampire, romance
=,= well it was worse of the three books but i still like it a lot ^_^
haha that moment when you realise it was kismet who defeated all the bad guys

where is book 4!!!???! XP
i am sad i finished T^T
Jennifer-Eve Workman
Jan 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I won this through Goodreads First Reads Giveaway.
Suzy Marriott
Kim Asa
Dec 28, 2013
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
  • Eyes on the Bayou
  • de Sang: Embrace Your Blood Lust (Human Vampire #2)
  • Heaven Sent (Channeling Morpheus, #3.1)
  • The Dragon Sisters (The Dragon Sisters Trilogy, #1)
  • Stolen Fire (Kindling Flames, #4)
  • Blue Moon Rising (The Patroness, #1)
  • Woman King (Dark Horse Trilogy, #1)
  • It Burns a Lovely Light
  • The Blood Countess (Pandora English, #1)
  • Cup of Life (The Everlast Series, #2.5)
  • No Were To Run (Shift Happens, #3)
  • Vampire Assassin (Jane #1)
  • Mind Sweeper (Mind Sweeper #1)
  • Silver Mirrors (Apparatus Infernum, #2)
  • Dark Dates (Cassandra Bick Chronicles #1)
  • The Ouroboros Cycle, Book Two: A Cautionary Tale for Young Vampires
  • The Guardian's Keeper (The Guardian Trilogy, #1)
  • Dark Wine & Dark Blood (The Two Vampires, #1-2)
Lynda's books can be classified as urban fantasy/dark fantasy with romance, suspense/mystery, satire, horror, humor and sex.

Lynda Hilburn writes paranormal fiction. More specifically, she writes vampire books. After a childhood filled with invisible friends, sightings of dead relatives and a fascination with the occult, turning to the paranormal was a no-brainer. In her other reality, she makes he
More about Lynda Hilburn...

Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist (5 books)
  • The Vampire Shrink  (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #1)
  • Sex in a Coffin  (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #1.4)
  • Blood Therapy (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #2)
  • Dark Harvest (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #3)