Start by marking “The Untimely Death of Brody Walsh (The Possess Saga, #2)” as Want to Read:
The Untimely Death of Brody Walsh (The Possess Saga, #2)

The Untimely Death of Brody Walsh

(The Possess Saga #2)

4.03  ·  Rating details ·  178 Ratings  ·  31 Reviews
Brody Walsh’s life is left in disarray when his girlfriend is found brutally raped and murdered. But it completely shatters when his best friend, Nolan is arrested for the crime.

Even as the media is portraying him as a monster, Brody knows Nolan isn’t capable of murder.

That leaves the question: Who is?

Once the trial begins, Brody discovers just how little he knew about his
Published March 17th 2013 by Sidestreet Cookie Publishing

To ask other readers questions about The Untimely Death of Brody Walsh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Untimely Death of Brody Walsh

Melissa Simmons
Jul 23, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The Untimely Death of Brody Walsh is the second book in the Possess Saga by J.A. Howell. This is actually more of a novella compared to the other installments, and I'm so glad the author wrote it. It was nice to have the blanks filled in from book 1 and to learn more about Brody since he's so central to the story even though he's no longer among the living. This book was an excellent addition to the series.

The story is told mostly from the point of view of Brody Walsh, best friend of both Nolan
PelicanFreak
Jan 19, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another impossible-to-put-down read by J.A. Howell. After reading Possess (The Possess Saga Book 1) in one session, unable to put it down, I launched right into this one. While Book 1 does wrap up fairly well, I just had to have more of these characters. This novella is a great look at the group of friends prior to all of the tragedy that struck; a lot of the why's of the events are explained here and there is such great camaraderie amongst these very well designed characters.

Overall the book is
Jen
Jan 22, 2015 rated it really liked it
It was fun getting to know Brody but sad knowing what had to happen. I kept hoping the end would somehow change. I would definetly read this book second even though it takes place before Possess. I'm looking forward to book 3.
Anny hernandez
Nov 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
***** I received an ARC copy for an honest review *****

I'm so happy that I got to read this in one day, I couldn't put the book down, in this story you get to see what really happened to Brody and get to read how he really feels, about everything specially his feelings for Aggie

Holy Smoke I just finish reading this book and I did not think I was gone cried, but guess what I did cried like a baby, after reading Possess the first book, I kept wondering what would have been going on with Aggie and
Christi Snow
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My Review:
This is such a tough book to read...you are following Brody's POV throughout it and there is never any doubt that he's going to die in the end. It makes it a bit heart-shredding to read, but it was so good to get this whole side of the backstory to what happened in Possess. I especially loved the heartbreaking insight into what Nolan went through....OMG, I wanted to simply weep for him.

This book is the second book in the series, but it actually pre-dates book #1 in that it tells the wh
Ange from Cover to Cover Book Blog
This is book two in the Possess Saga. We meet Brody (well at least his ghost) in the first book, Possess. This book is all about his death and we learn everything about what happened to him.

Brody was in the worst of predicaments. He had a girlfriend, Claire that turned up murdered. There was evidence that his best friend, Nolan, had sex with her before her death and Nolan was therefore the prime suspect in Claire’s murder. Let’s not forget that he was in love with Aggie. (you’re thinking it too?
InD'tale Magazine
This is a short and fast read. The situations are believable as the mystery clips along, and the author succeeds in making the reader believe right alongside Brody and Aggie that Nolan is innocent.

Read full review in the October 2013 issue of InD’tale Magazine.
Imani
May 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Thank you J.A for gifting me to read. It has taken me a little but I have finally read it.

The title says what it is, this is what happens to Brody when Claire dies all the way to when Harley moves into his apartment. I totally knew it was gonna happen but I shed a few tears when he died. Especially Aggie, because we know she loves him.
Susan
Jul 06, 2014 rated it really liked it
Pretty good, adds more insight to the first book in the series, "Possess".
deirdre Williams
Dec 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Good to the end

I love the developed characters o f this story. I felt immerse ed in their world. caught myself wanting to read more of this story
Rebecca Waldron
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Oh, Brody!

I absolutely loved getting this side of the story! Learning about, and falling in love with Brody. I'm moving on to book 3, and I just know that it's going to be even more amazing than the first two!
Nora aka Diva
Mar 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Pointless

Didn't really cover anything of interest that want in the first book. Seemed like it could have been a prologue for book one.
Stefany
Mar 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
For this book (which is very small by the way and is a quick read), there really are two main characters. Harley is there but she is more in the background. You have Brody and Aggie for most of this story. Brody turns out to be a true sweetheart, if not a bit dense when it comes to love. All I wanted to say to him was “geez man, the girl likes you. Get your head out of your butt and tell her you like her too!”… but I didn’t. I kept these harsh words to myself. I felt sorry for Brody too. He was ...more
Tammy Gould
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This was another quick read for me, I do believe I read this in just a short 2 hour span. I did enjoy this book it took me in right away. You get to see things through Brody's eyes and see what he tried to do before his death. You want to cheer for him but because of the 1st book you know how it is ultimately going to end. So, there is a part of you that is telling him to not go snooping around. To listen to the warnings he is getting from those who are telling him to mind his own business.

I l
Satarupa

This book is the story of Brody Walsh and the tragic and horrific sufferings that he went through. Well I’m not saying anymore about the story because then I would have to give spoilers about book 1.
The writing style is great and this read is the most engaging than all the other instalments. From the very first page we get the POV of Brody Walsh which increased my interest to a very high level, after all we are getting the POV of the ghost!!! The shocking revelations that this book has really s
Amber Jones
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Such a fun short story. I loved hearing about Claire's death

from his perspective. My heart broke with Aggie, even though

I knew it was coming. I can't want to start book 3 in this

saga. Ms. Howell really knows how to captivate a reader.
Such a fun short story. I loved hearing about Claire's death

from his perspective. My heart broke with Aggie, even though

I knew it was coming. I can't wait to start book 3 in this

saga. Ms. Howell really knows how to captivate a reader.
It keeps you on the edge
Tara Wood
Jun 14, 2013 rated it really liked it
This was a great little novella and companion piece to Possess. It was a quick and easy read, only saw one or two typos. Reading it really added to my enjoyment of the first book. I knew what was going to happen the entire time (spoilers not meant to be an issue), but getting to know Brody made it bittersweet in the end. The length was perfect, it could have easily gotten bogged down in courtroom and legal scenes, but Howell handled that with a deft touch. The insight into Brody's story was clea ...more
Roxanne Kade
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was super excited to get to read about Brody, and to see, through his eyes, what transpired at the time he was murdered.

I loved that this book was written in a way that has Brody telling his story to an unsuspecting Harley, before and during all the craziness that went down in Possess. It gave great insight into the characters I met in the first book, and I was finally able to better understand the dynamic between Brody, Aggie, Nolan and even Claire. It also touched on the more serious detail
Lou
Oct 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is the back story of Brody and is told from Brody’s POV.
From reading book 1 we know that Brody dies eventually and it’s heart shredding to read knowing that Brody will die.
Whilst reading the events in book 1 surrounding Brody I found that I did have a few questions, upon reading book 2 I found those questions to be answered.
This book is generally heart-breaking. I couldn’t help but feel like that for both Aggie and Nolan at different points in the story. For Aggy it was over Brody’s death,
Tammy Hall
Nov 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story helps put the pieces of the puzzle all come together for me as I learn more about Brody and how his death came to happen. I enjoyed this short novella as it helped me connect better to the characters from book one and get a better understanding of what exactly is going on and how Brody was connected to it all. The Untimely Death of Brody Walsh was an excellent addition to this saga. I am now totally vested into and have to find out more.
A.R.
Jul 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
At first, I didn't think I'd like the second book in a series being a novella. I still don't like the idea of a series--I can barely forgive a trilogy--and the third book looks like a romance; I like that least of all. But this is a genuinely creepy tale that freaked me a bit. Good for said novella!
Joy Whiteside
May 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another excellent read from JA Howell. I thought the others were amazing reads, this one was even better.

Both the characters and the story are awesome. I was very glad that I have had the oppotunity to read this.

On to the next one, cannot wait.
Kim Brown
Nov 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well I'm quite pleased to say that Book Two in the Possess Saga is fully awesome!! It was good to get the background information on Brody Walsh. Reading about the relationship he had with Nolan and Aggie helped clarify some of the action in Part 1. Can't wait to read the rest of the series!!
Shirley
Jun 20, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This is book 2 of a saga and it was great!! This book definitely bridged everything from book 1.
Tina
Oct 23, 2014 rated it liked it
I was more impressed with book one. But I did enjoy this book. Will definitely read the next book in the series.
Jennette Reid
Jun 22, 2016 rated it liked it
I liked that this filled in some of the gaps from the first book and rounded out the story, but it was so short! I'm not ready to let the story go yet.
Bryan Morelock
Sep 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing read

Just as good as the first one. I'm looking forward to the third book. I still have 3 books to go.
Cheryl
Jan 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Interesting prequel to Possess. Wish it had followed on to give his side of Possess. Can't wait for #3 in the series.
Natasha Banton
Feb 21, 2015 rated it liked it
Overall, I wasn't as intrigued than the first book. I found this one a little boring. I hope that book three is better.

Can't wait to read it.
Dionne
Oct 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Written well

Loved it. Even though I had already read Possess it completed it from his point of view. Just wonderful writing on this storyline
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
  • Crossroads
  • 1st Chance
  • The Accidental Witch
  • Finding Hope (Pool of Souls, #2)
  • A Hero's Heart
  • Lightpoints
  • Hungerstorm (Heart of a Vampire, #2)
  • Enchanter's Echo (Mayflower Mages, #2)
  • Hell's Gift (Save My Soul, #2)
  • A Natural Act (Contradictions, #2)
  • Chaos Bound (Chronicles from the Applecross #2)
  • Delusions (The Affinity, #2)
  • The Eve Genome
  • PreHeat (Fire & Ice #0)
  • Tempting Meredith (Lovers and Friends, #3)
  • The Howling Heart
  • Highland Pull (Highland Destiny, #2)
  • Destiny of the Female Warrior (Nephilim Warrior, #2)
J.A Howell is an office drone by day, and a writer by night. Her love of writing took off when she was eleven years old and decided to fill a composition notebook with stories to read to her friends. Many years (and notebooks) later, not much has changed. She still loves writing and sharing her works with others. When she isn’t writing, she can often be found trying her hand at whatever artistic p ...more

The Possess Saga (5 books)
  • Possess (The Possess Saga, #1)
  • Possess My Heart (The Possess Saga, #3)
  • To Have & To Haunt (The Possess Saga, #4)
  • Possess My Soul (The Possess Saga #5)

Fiction Deals

$3.49 $0.99
  • The Daughters of Palatine Hill
  • A House for Happy Mothers
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love Poems (New Directions Paperbook)
    $11.95 $2.99
  • The Drowning Guard
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Anathema
    $3.49 $0.99
  • Neverhome
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Sinner: A Paradise Novel (The Books of History Chronicles)
    $11.49 $3.99
  • A Promise of Hope (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #2)
  • 'Round Midnight: A Novel
    $13.99 $2.99
  • Ulterior Motives (Sun Coast Chronicles, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Prisoner B-3087
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Midwife's Revolt (The Midwife Series, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Place of Peace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #3)
  • The Beekeeper's Promise
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Two-Family House
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Where Do I Go? (Yada Yada House of Hope, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Bloodletter's Daughter
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Gift of Grace (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #1)
  • The Luxe (Luxe, #1)
    $3.74 $0.99
  • A Dream of Home (Hearts of the Lancaster Grand Hotel)
  • The Thing About Jellyfish
  • Somewhere in France: A Novel of the Great War
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Skin
    $1.99 $0.99
  • Endangered (Ape Quartet, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Inamorata
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Life of Joy (Kauffman Amish Bakery, #4)
  • The Poisonwood Bible
    $11.99 $2.99
  • Cometh the Hour (The Clifton Chronicles #6)
  • The Question of Red