Start by marking “My Darrling” as Want to Read:
My Darrling

My Darrling

3.88  ·  Rating Details  ·  321 Ratings  ·  78 Reviews
To the world, nineteen-year-old Isaac Darrling was nothing more than pure, unsalvageable evil, a sadistic serial killer on a quest for notoriety, fame.
To me, he was the love of my life.
My obsession.
My Darrling, as I called him.
This is a story about unconditional love in its rawest—and possibly sickest—form. A story that forces you to face the dark and the beautiful sides
Paperback, Print Edition, 117 pages
Published January 22nd 2013 by Createspace

To ask other readers questions about My Darrling, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about My Darrling

GRIT The Banter and Brutality of the Late-Night Cab by Karl WigginsDog Days of Summer by P.J. FialaCalico Jack in your Garden by Karl WigginsShit my History Teacher DID NOT tell me! by Karl WigginsFor Whom The Bell Tolls (Vlad Dracula, #1) by Shane K.P. O'Neill
Amazing Reads!!!
117th out of 667 books — 359 voters
Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuireFifty Shades of Grey by E.L. JamesBared to You by Sylvia DayThoughtless by S.C. StephensCaptive in the Dark by C.J. Roberts
Best Dysfunctional Romances
255th out of 429 books — 759 voters

More lists with this book...

JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
**"4.5 "I'm not suppose to feel this way " STARS***

. . . Fuck it!

Psst.

...... ahem.......Hey.

.............Hey you!

Yup, those were my exact words once I finished reading the synopsis.

This is going to sound peculiar, but what else is new with me? You see, I have major slight obsession with serial killers. NOooooooooo, not in a pen-pal/ besties with a death row inmate sort of way. I find the mind of a serial killer fascinating.. Wait, before you decide to unfriend me, please allow me to expla
Arianna
Nov 15, 2014 Arianna rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

“All things truly wicked start from innocence.” - Earnest Hemingway

“My Darrling” is a simple novella about unconventional and forbidden love.

Sophie is the typical teenager. She’s 17 years old, she has a caring family and lovely friends. She becomes obsessed with Isaac’s case, a 19 years old boy. Isaac is not your typical teenager. He is a serial killer, known by the name “The Fallen Angel Killer”. Sophie wants to be a criminal psychologist, she wants to understand how a killer’s mind works.
Karéz
4.5 "I think i'm in love with a serial killer (Too)" Stars.!

"You see beauty where there is nothing but ugliness"

description

WOW!. I cannot believe that behind this short story. there was so much hurt.

This book is about. A normal girl who fell vehemently in love with a serial killer named Issac Darrling (Fallen Angel Killer).. Even if i wanted to! i can't go into the depth of this story. it's too short yet so full of meaning...

Now you might wonder how on earth a person( technically Sophie) can fell in lov
Sanae
Oct 08, 2014 Sanae rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: gifted
4Stars!
I just had the chance to read this one this morning, and I read it in one setting. It was a quick, great read. I didn't know what to expect, since I haven't read the synopsis.
For me, it was slow paced and I didn't get the feels until I reached 91%. By then, the tears started to go down out of nowhere! I really, really enjoyed reading this book, and I highly recommend it.
Jen
Oct 14, 2014 Jen rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jen by: Jahy
"All things truly wicked start from innocence."
~~ Earnest Hemingway~~

Wow! This book was short; but it packed a punch considering its length. I was captivated by the story from beginning to end. The writing is brilliant. Krystal McLean has some wicked talent. She makes the words come to life on the pages. The way she describes autumn, and even her description of Sophie running was written with so much clarity.I was extremely impressed.

As far as the story goes, it sure makes a person stop and thi
Carla ☺Did I Say That☺
Sep 30, 2014 Carla ☺Did I Say That☺ rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Carla ☺Did I Say That☺ by: JaHy☝Hold the Fairy Dust
4.5 Stars
Wow..is all I can say...what a gem!!!...I highly recommend it!!!
 photo Track_10_2_zpspagt2ust.gif
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog

“All things truly wicked start from innocence.” ~ Earnest Hemingway

G&J: We had absolutely no idea what to expect from this book and what we got was really quite thought provoking and we are still discussing this one. We couldn’t put down My Darrling for want nor money such was the debatable storyline and we read on wanting to find out how it was all going to end. There’s two sides to the coin here; one we loved the concept, the writing and the portrayal of a serial killer who became a love
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
I fancied something different so I gave this a go. Sophie is a Senior interested in Criminal Psychology but ends up falling in love with a 19 year old serial killer on the run.

You can't help who you fall in love with, and this story brings that sentiment home. It was a sweet short read, but I found it tough to relate. I really liked the writing style though.
Alice
May 17, 2015 Alice rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

This book will make you question your own sanity..It's pretty short..recommended read!!

"I was a normal girl who managed to get good grades and wanted to be a criminal psychologist; who played and loved graphic novels, historical fiction and music. And Isaac was a boy who loved summer, lots of sugar in his coffee, The Cure, comic books...and brutally murdering human beings."
Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog
Oct 23, 2014 Gitte - TotallyBookedBlog rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2014

“All things truly wicked start from innocence.” ~ Earnest Hemingway

G&J:
We had absolutely no idea what to expect from this book and what we got was really quite thought provoking and we are still discussing this one. We couldn’t put down My Darrling for want nor money such was the debatable storyline and we read on wanting to find out how it was all going to end. There’s two sides to the coin here; one we loved the concept, the writing and the portrayal of a serial killer who became a love i
Yona
Sep 30, 2014 Yona rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: new-adult, dark
Typical me - feeling bad for the serial killer and liking him, but in my defense he is one really likable character.

And I felt like crying for the way the book ended.
Lucy
Oct 07, 2014 Lucy rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 to 4.5 stars

Wow what an emotional ending. It's amazing that the author packed so much in such a short story. I still think Sophie is crazy but hell I'm just as crazy too because by the end of the book I was totally buying her love story with Issac. (view spoiler)
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
I didn't realise that this was a short novella when I started reading, as usual it was a blind read but on a recommendation. This is one of those stories that I felt would have benefited from being a full size novel. It was harder to connect to the characters because so much was crammed into too few words. The premise was unique and had potential to be a stunning read. I loved the writing style and was hooked from the start, but I wanted to know more about Isaac. Also by being a short story it s ...more
JESSICA
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

“Sometimes the things we want the most are bad for us—really bad for us—but sometimes what’s bad for us sets us free.”

I absolutely love this book. Love it! It's a tale of sweet & disturbing forbidden love; Sophie falls in love with a serial killer named, Isaac Darrling a.k.a (Fallen Angel Killer) This book put me through a lot, I awwwed, I smiled, I laughed, and then I cried like a little frickin baby (Omg! That frickin ending!)I definitely would recommend this book.
Imani
Mar 03, 2016 Imani rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult
4.5 Fallen Angel Killer stars

Wow. My Darrling tells the story of 17 year old Sophie Lenon who falls in love with a serial killer. Yes, a serial killer. 19 year old Issac Darrling just one day started killing people in his home state of Washington and then all around the country.

This is a short story that was really good. It went straight into the story and didn't drag on or give unnecessary detail.

I never understood how or why you would fall in love with a serial killer but it can happen. All o
Rossy
Dec 05, 2014 Rossy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
I totally recommend it!
It was too short, I wanted mooooooooooore :'(

I guess I'm not the only one KIND OF obsessed with serial killers.
I ended up crying on the airplane, so I just want to say again that I LOVED IT.
Nikki_xletras
Tengo sentimientos encontrados con éste libro.
Me gustó pero a la vez no.
He entendido el punto de la escritora con la idea de que tú nunca decides de quién enamorarte, te enamoras así y ya, no tienes ni voz ni voto. Pero aún así seguía sin entender a la protagonista.
La protagonista sin duda se deja guiar por su corazón y deja de lado a la razón, ¡pero es que lo hace demasiado! estás enamorada de un asesino que sin duda merece la pena de muerte por todo lo que ha hecho y no solo afirmas que estás
☻Farda☻
4.5 heartbreaking stars!!
This book really deserve 5 stars but this book just too short for my taste .

This short novella tell about intriguing and bittersweet love story between 19years old girl and most famous serial killer with angelic face.

I knew i will love this book for the first time i laid my eyes on it. To be honest, I am not the big fan of short books, I usually gave em 2-3 stars but this one is an exception. I love the story, i love the characters but i hate the ending, i really hope t
Tangerine

I don't know how I want to rate this. I didn't realize it was only 70 pages. I probably wouldn't have bought it if I had known beforehand. That's not enough, in my opinion, for a story to really develop. Everything happens so fast. Feelings are developed between the characters really quick. It feels rushed and I can't connect. Therefore, I'm going to leave the rating alone. I think if it were a full length novel with more development I would have loved it.
Lepp

"The media and the public saw a killer; I saw the love of my life." ~ Sophie

photo tumblr_m0g290HumX1r2ye8mo1_500_zpsiwkzludz.gif

In My Darrling, our MC Sophie is an teenage girl who is just beginning her senior year of high school. Sophie wants to be a criminologist one day and has been fairly obsessed with how a killer's mind works since her own father's murder.

Sophie becomes engrossed with the media reports regarding a young and handsome serial killer named Isaac. Isaac has been able to evade the NYC police for weeks and Sophie searches out
Stefanie
Mar 21, 2015 Stefanie rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Le di un uno porque lamentablemente tengo que puntuar al libro sí o sí, pero si les soy sincera el libro es absolutamente estúpido (sin ánimo de ofender a los que amaron este libro...)

Primero me centraré en la historia.
El libro nos habla de esta chica, Sophie, que se enamora perdidamente de este asesino serial, Isaac. Ahora, lo estúpido de esto no es tanto el retorcido amor que siente la chica hacia una persona muerta por dentro, sino más bien fue que ni siquiera lo conoce en persona y ya anda s
Samantha
description
It was ahhhhhmazing and the ending ... My God! I wanna yell but I know it must end like this so I just say you must read this girl, so read it!!!!!
Melina Celeste
May 24, 2016 Melina Celeste rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
3.5/5

Tengo tantas contradicciones con respecto a este libro. Me gusto, pero me pareció que la idea, que estaba muy buena, no fue aprovechada al 100%. La narración de a momento se me hacia muy pesada. Había cosas innecesarias y cosas que al final no terminaron de entenderse *InicioDeSpoiler* Porque Isaac mataba a sus víctimas y les dibujaba las alas de ángel con su sangre. No termine de entender eso ? Como se relaciona con el hecho de sus ansias de matar ? Y con sus ganas de destacar y ser record
Alexandra Mott
Jun 18, 2013 Alexandra Mott rated it it was amazing
Hey everyone! I received My Darrling in the mail yesterday. I won it in Krystal McLean's most recent giveaway! I just want to tell Krystal McLean thank you so much for giving me a copy of this book.

Now lets get on with how this book made me feel.

WARNING! THERE WILL MOST LIKELY BE SPOILERS SO DO NOT CONTINUE READING IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THIS BOOK YET!!!!!

***

This was my first time reading a book that had to do with a sadistic serial killer. I usually read books that have some cheesy love story.
Krystal Hickam
Feb 24, 2013 Krystal Hickam rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
First of all, I'd like to say that I was a First Reads winner and I just got my copy of My Darrling in the mail about two days ago. So I'd like to give a special thanks to Goodreads and Krystal Mclean for the lovely autographed book. Now onto the review.

I really wasn't sure what to think of My Darrling when I first got it. I had read the summary when I entered the contest, and when I got the book what first took me by surprise was the fact it is a short book (111 pages). Secondly, as I was read
Lindsey
Oct 03, 2014 Lindsey rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I just loved this. The only thing that would have made it better is more of it! I wish there has been more time/pages for me to spend with this unlikely pair. The writing was beautiful and the emotions of the story were breathtaking.

What I felt for him came from a place inside of me that I could not control; a place I never knew existed within me. What I felt for him was pure, and it existed without the constraints of condition.

I very much recommend this gem of a book. Enjoy!
Julie
Oct 28, 2014 Julie rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh gosh,Oh Dear,Oh why did I freaking 4 star enjoy this book soooo much?!!!!!!!

I should have been appalled at what Isaac did and was,but nah I liked him.I totally got why Sophie loved him and wasn't scared to be around him.I actually felt bad for him at one point.Is this what happens to kids that aren't loved?!

Yes,sometimes I found myself thinking...........this would never happen,never would you just run into a serial killer and hit it off like this,fall in love and remain breathing.

The only pr
Richa
Nov 06, 2015 Richa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was amazingly disturbing. I have never read about serial killer's love story and this was a really good introduction to that category. I was sad with the ending because it wasn't what I expected but it had to happen.
Ivette
Sin palabras.

Una novela tan corta y cruda me mostró que uno no elige de quien enamorarse, sea un mounstro o un simple buen hombre.

Aveces debemos abrir nuestros ojos y darnos cuenta que no siempre sabemos la historia tal cual la cuentan, nunca hay que juzgar sin conocer aunque sea el 89% de la historia.
Nada justifica lo que Isaac hizo ni mucho menos como actuó Shophie al no delatarlo, pero va más allá ... sacar una lección de una novela tan corta y cruda va en como enfrentes la lectura.

Si vas
Esra
Jan 02, 2016 Esra rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-english
Enteresan bir kitaptı.. Biraz daha uzun olsaymış bomba olurmuş sanki..
Sonu da acayipti!! Ama fena çarptı..
Goodreads Librari...: New Cover 3 21 Mar 28, 2014 12:12PM
  • Thirteen for Dinner
  • Joseph Fallen (The Estate, #0.5)
  • Messed up
  • An Eye For Chameleon
  • Kekaju and the Hidden Swamp
  • Shatter Me (The Jaded Series, #1)
  • Dragonhorse and Seeker of the Forgotten Knowledge (Dragonhorse Saga, #1)
  • Virgin Dancer
  • Trust
  • Shakespeare's Complete Paragon
  • Blurred Lines
  • Queen Mother: A Biblical Theology of Mary's Queenship
  • Hillary: Tail of the Dog (Hillary, #1)
  • The Voice

“When you give your heart away, you usually get it back in pieces, fragments. And often, a great deal of time passes before you realize that every piece wasn’t returned to you—and probably never will be. You crave nothing more than to get those small—but vital—fragments back; to return to the unbroken, undamaged version of yourself. But what's been broken cannot be unbroken, and so all you can do is learn to live with the void of the missing pieces, to somehow find beauty in the wreckage.
And so I did.