Start by marking “19 Lessons On Tea” as Want to Read:
19 Lessons On Tea

19 Lessons On Tea

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  361 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Learn Everything You Need To Know About Tea

The world of premium quality tea is every bit as complex and fascinating as wine, and 19 Lessons On Tea is the ultimate guide to everything you need to know about this healthy and flavorful daily indulgence.

- Are you interested in learning about tea but don't know where to start?

- Do you want to impress your friends or business as
Published December 12th 2012 by 27Press

To ask other readers questions about 19 Lessons On Tea, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 19 Lessons On Tea

Una Tiers
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice book filled with interesting information.
Jade Lauron
May 05, 2013 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: tea beginners
Bit of an advertisement for 27press. It's a good beginning primer for tea, although I think the price is a touch steep. This book is worth 0.99, not 2.99. You can read it free from the borrowing library if you have Amazon Prime, and it's nice that it covers a few of the more obscure teas, however briefly.
Marc
Jul 12, 2014 rated it it was ok
For some reason, I have been itching to get into tea. Doing a Google search didn't help because there is so much information out there. I figure I'd do something a little old fashioned and read a very basic beginners book.

19 Lessons On Tea is a bit misleading of a title. I had thought that I'd be getting 19 lessons about tea. Instead, what I got were 19 snippets about tea.

Now as a noob that shouldn't be too bad for me, but it was. The fact of the matter is the information presented was too short
Pauline
Oct 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
Nice clear writing, interesting facts.
Kathryn Richardson
Mar 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Basic book on teas

This book has an abundance of useful information for people not familiar with the different tea types. Beyond the botany, it touches on how to Store teas properly, the attributes of materials used for tea wares, and the national/cultural customs used to serve tea. Importantly, the book includes information is the proper water temperature for each type. (No spoilers here; you have to read the book to find out!) For such a compact publication, this book manages to cover all comm
Marisa
Aug 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A perfect book for all the tea lovers.
Ellen Eddy
Jun 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Lots of information, but less than I hoped for. Lots of discussion about exactly how hot the water should be. I don't live in that kind of exacting world.
Deloris Burns
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Interesting

Interesting read for someone interested in trying out tea for the first time or someone looking for information about loose teas.
Kathy McC
Apr 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
This book provided some wonderful information. Looking forward to trying some of the teas that are recommended.

"Water reacts best with tea if there is oxygen in it, so always empty the kettle and refill it with fresh cold water before boiling. Do no re-boil water in the kettle twice."

Eleanor Roosevelt, "A woman is like a tea bag- you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water."
Cheri
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was ok
Hardly a scholarly work, and yet not what one would want in a coffee table book, this small book's appeal lies in its directness in KNOWING how to make tea. The steps are easy to follow and if done correctly you can have the "right cup of tea." Although for tea, like coffee, it seems that there is some variation in how we all like it done...perhaps worth the 15 minutes so I can argue the finer merits with my driver in England when the time comes again.
Brianna
Jan 27, 2015 rated it liked it
Expert? Probably not.

A short book, but somewhat informative. I would recommend this book to a true tea novice. Most of the information is not detailed, but a general outline. Experienced tea drinkers won't find much new information, but I did find the writing pleasant and the quotes interesting. There's simply not enough in this book to consider yourself an expert after reading. A good introduction to tea drinking, however.
Vee
Dec 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is an excellent book for novices that need an introduction to different types of tea and basic information on buying and brewing. It's a quick read and will not overwhelm newbie tea lovers. This book my also provide a great refresher for more experienced tea drinkers.

Check out my full review on my blog, Honey Lemon Tea. http://bit.ly/18x0p4p
Andrea
Quick little read and just as advertised. It's 19 little lessons on tea. Great information about types of teas, the best ways to enjoy various varieties, and needed tea accessories. I learned a lot and am looking forward to my next visit to my local tea shop. I had never known before that roobois is from a root rather than the tea plant. Interesting. Awesome read for a free download.
Larisa
May 14, 2013 rated it liked it
Good for new tea drinkers. This short book provides simple and general look on teas and their varieties. Coupled with basic information on teas are short paragraphs on tea's general history.

As someone who had previously researched and drinks tea fairly often, I felt like I had already known a good portion of what the book covered.
Alisia
Feb 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
My rating is based on what it was, an ebook I received for free that did provide some great information on tea. It helped fill in some gaps in my knowledge, and I have a nice little list of new types of tea I would like to try in the future (Long Life Eyebrow and Peaceful Monkey Leader, please!)
Marzi
Mar 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
It's difficult to find good books with solid knowledge about tea. There always seems to be some inaccuracies & 19 Lessons on Tea is no exception. Far from scholarly, the book seems to be info cobbled together from common knowledge about tea and not a well researched volume.
Abby
May 10, 2014 rated it liked it
While I did learn a fair amount, I hadn't realized going into it that the book was so short. There was some information that didn't go deep enough for me and a fair amount of typos that could have been easily found and fixed.
Herman Kikkert
Jun 09, 2014 rated it really liked it
Nice book for the price. Not a scientific work on tea but more a guide on how to start working with this versatile beverage. Made me even more entousiastic than I was on tea. Good book for any new tea enthousiastic, especially together with the online supporting information from several tea-sites.
Brett T Moore
Mar 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Informative, quick read!

Loved this book! Each chapter was a new topic and all under 5 mins to read. I leaned something new every time I had to wait in line somewhere. Can't wait to apply everything I learned.
Jan 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: nonfiction, tea
This book was very basic. I enjoyed the bit about the history and processing of tea and definitions of the different varieties. However the "primer" is definitely a vehicle for publicity with all the directions back to 27 Press.
Erik Dabel
Jan 18, 2015 rated it really liked it
Simply put, this book has some great insight for anyone interested in getting into tea. Lots of good, basic, info in here. Worth it!
Laurie
Dec 08, 2013 rated it liked it
Good, basic info

covered all the basics- but I would not say you will become an expert by reading. A good starting point though
Sonia
Jan 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
very informative...I enjoyed it because I'm a tea lover.
Mandy
Apr 14, 2015 rated it liked it
I brief guide. A good book for beginners.
Kathy Conrad
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I knew most of the information I read but it is nice to get the breakdown and examples of teas and the process it takes per type to get that perfect leaf. This is a quick read. Very enjoyable.
Sharon Mauk
Apr 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: non-fiction
I really liked this e-book version...if you are a tea lover, this is a quick read and a must...at the very least you will never use a tea bag again!
Kristina
Jan 26, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: non-fiction, 2014
Most information was interesting. The info on caffeine was all incorrect.
Gretchen
Apr 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a good basic book on tea. It describes the different types of tea, where they come from, how they are harvested, how they are processed, how to brew, and a little history of tea.
Edda
Dec 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Half of the book was quite good as an introduction to the world of tea - the rest was just some filler, useless and obvious general information.
Blair
May 28, 2014 rated it did not like it
Shelves: ebooks, non-fiction
Like this review, it doesn't provide much depth. Disappointing.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 next »
  • 100 Easy Recipes in Jars
  • Hair Gone Wild! Recipes & Remedies for Natural Tresses (Hair Gone Wild, #3)
  • The 2011 Book Blogger's Cookbook (The Book Blogger's Cookbook)
  • Circle Of Friends 25 Breakfast & Brunch Recipes
  • Top 30 Easy Vegetarian Slow Cooker Recipes for Busy Women: Set It and Forget It (First Vegetarian Recipes Cookbook for Busy Women Vol. 2)
  • Smart School Time Recipes
  • 30 Delicious Dump Cake Recipes
  • Baking Basics and Beyond: Learn These Simple Techniques and Bake Like a Pro
  • Quick Fix Healthy Breakfasts Under 300 Calories: That Keep You Feeling Energized and Help You Lose Weight
  • The Tea Enthusiast's Handbook: A Guide to the World's Best Teas
  • Pizza Pie in the Sky: A Complete Guide to Pizza
  • The Instant Genius
  • 20,000 Secrets of Tea: The Most Effective Ways to Benefit from Nature's Healing Herbs
  • The Paleo Kid 26 Easy Recipes That Will Transform Your Family
  • Canology - A Modern Guide - How To Eat Healthier & Save Money By Preserving Locally-Grown Natural Foods
  • 1,001 Best Hot and Spicy Recipes
  • Incredibly Delicious Soup Recipes from the Mediterranean Region (Healthy Cookbook Series)
  • The Tea Companion

$12.99 $3.99
    $15.99 $2.99
  • By Myself and Then Some
    $11.74 $1.99
  • The Fifth Agreement: A Practical Guide to Self-Mastery (A Toltec Wisdom Book)
    $9.99 $2.49
  • Shakespeare Never Did This
    $6.99 $1.99
  • No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Wish You Happy Forever: What China's Orphans Taught Me About Moving Mountains
    $14.74 $1.99
  • The Prize: Who's in Charge of America's Schools?
    $12.99 $2.99
  • Trusting God Day by Day: 365 Daily Devotions
    $13.99 $1.99
  • Founding Mothers
    $8.74 $1.99
  • Undeniable: Evolution and the Science of Creation (Kindle Edition)
  • Ida: A Sword Among Lions
    $7.95 $2.49
    $12.99 $3.99
  • Identical Strangers: A Memoir of Twins Separated and Reunited
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Secret Life of Lobsters: How Fishermen and Scientists Are Unraveling the Mysteries of Our Favorite Crustacean
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Fierce Patriot: The Tangled Lives of William Tecumseh Sherman
    $11.99 $1.99
  • The Seven Spiritual Laws of Success: A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams
  • The Reaper: Autobiography of One of the Deadliest Special Ops Snipers
  • SACRED JOURNEY OF THE PEACEFUL WARRIOR
    $9.32 $3.49
  • The Devil Soldier: The American Soldier of Fortune Who Became a God in China
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Ninety Percent of Everything: Inside Shipping, the Invisible Industry That Puts Clothes on Your Back, Gas in Your Car, and Food on Your Plate
    $9.99 $2.99
“If you are cold, tea will warm you. If you are too heated, it will cool you. If you are depressed, it will cheer you. If you are excited, it will calm you. -William Ewart Gladstone, British 19th century Prime Minister” 2 likes
“There are few hours in life more agreeable than the hour dedicated to the ceremony known as afternoon tea. -Henry James, Writer” 1 likes