Start by marking “Into The Fire (The Ending, #2)” as Want to Read:
Into The Fire (The Ending, #2)

Into The Fire

(The Ending #2)

The Virus changed them, but that was only the beginning…
…death…mutation…insanity…corruption…terror…
…all that remains is hope.

In the wake of destruction left behind by the Virus, it took Dani and Zoe months to find each other. But their reunion was short-lived. Dani has been taken, and though little distance separates them, they might as well be worl
Published November 22nd 2013 by L2 Books

To ask other readers questions about Into The Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Into The Fire

Start your review of Into The Fire (The Ending, #2)
Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Nov 22, 2014 rated it it was amazing
 photo Into-The-Fire_zpsuyxmkrrm.jpg

Into the Fire is book #two in The Ending series by Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue. This book, holy cow, there simply aren’t enough adjectives to describe my feelings to you right now. My head is spinning and my heart is pounding. From start to finish this book had me on the very edge of my seat.

The entire book takes place within the span of one week. Things start out directly where book one ended. Dani has been taken! We switch back and forth between what is happening with Dani and what
Carol (StarAngel's Reviews) Allen
**4.5 Re-Gen Stars**

Now that's what I'm talking about...this one read so much faster since I couldn't put it down. Dani finally started to grow up in this story but Zoe a few times had me ready to pull my hair out.

Again this is told in Dani's and Zoe's POV with a few chapters from Mase (Giant).

Fast paced ---- very interesting and action packed! This one was much better than the first but yet again we end with a cliffhanger! UGH...

I have to find out more so I
Dianne
Have you ever been so lost in a book and its story that when you reach the end, and your Kindle says 100% you actually need to try to check further to see if there’s maybe just another line or two? Like flipping over my Kindle will magically give me more, right? Into the Fire by Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue Had me white-knuckling-it to its fabulously devious ending, and I can testify that if you flip your Kindle over, you will not find more, nor is there anything beyond 100% finished.

Briefly
Aimeekay
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
So I reviewed After the Ending, the first book in The Ending series, a few months ago and I enjoyed it immensely. Fortunately Into the Fire, the second book in the series, did not disappoint.

I’ve really gotten attached to Dani and Zoe, but in Into the Fire even more characters were introduced that I liked just as much. I still also like the way that the authors switch back and forth between the characters viewpoints. Dani, however, is still my favorite. But I did start to like Zoe e
Jilly
I'm so torn about these books! I like the story, and all of the side characters, but I don't like the two main girls that much. They are all of the things that make girls look bad: selfish, immature, girl-haters (except each other), catty, bitchy, and weak. So, I was really hoping to see growth from them in this book. But, since this book takes place within only one week, I guess that wasn't possible. What was possible, however, was for them both to start throwing temper tantrums, like 2-year ol ...more
Sandra "Jeanz"
Oct 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Oh what an ending am definitely wanting to read the next book!

INITIAL THOUGHTS
Approaching this book I am desperate to know who/what has Dani, what they want from her as well as what the others' reactions to Dani being kidnapped will be.
At 16% we are also introduced to a new character called Mase who lives in the colony, though how long he is going to last alive is debatable as he seems somewhat a rebel.
Throughout this book I was really kept guessing what was going t
Monique
Dec 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-stars, series, netgalley
Originally posted here: http://moniquesmobooks.blogspot.ca/20...

My Review

I received a copy of this from from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

* Spoilers from After the Ending, book #1*

Held captive by a mind controlling General, Dani needs to search for a way to escape the community without raising suspicion. Luckily she finds a few special people that are willing to help.

Being separated from her best friend once again has Zoe distraught but she has more then
Katie/Doing Dewey
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
nto The Fire is the sequel to After The Ending (which is currently on sale on amazon for only $.99 by the way!) and picks up right where the previous book left off. The world has basically come to a halt due to a virus and two friends, Dani and Zoe, are trying to survive with everything changing. Strange new abilities, people gone mad, and crazy government conspiracies are just a few of the exciting elements of this great series.

Even though some of the characters were similar to one
Rebecca (BookBacon)
Jul 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
I received the book INTO THE FIRE as an ARC in exchange for a fair and honest review.

If you loved the action-packed storyline of ‘After the Ending’ then you will also love the second installment in the series. This book delves more into the ‘fantasy’ and finally gives us a little background into the mysterious virus that killed most of the population.

So, there are three reasons why I LOVED the book and then another one or two that kind of made me feel a little –meh.-
Ines
Nov 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
I should warn you before I start, if you haven't read After The Ending, there will be spoilers.

I feel lucky that I didn't have to wait long before reading the next book in The Ending series. Although now I'm not sure if I still remembered enough of the previous book or the authors were so good to jog my memory with what happened in After The Ending (knowing myself, I'd say it's the latter).

The story picks up where it left off and we are introduced to some new characters,
J. Bennett
Aug 07, 2014 rated it really liked it
Into the Fire throws us right back into the post-apocalyptic, super power-tastic world that we left in After the Ending, which is a good thing, because I really, really wanted to know what happened to Dani after she was kidnapped and taken into (play scary music)…THE COLONY.

Authors Lindsey Fairleigh and Lindsey Pogue don’t let up on the action for one iota of a second. You think, “Oh, here’s a chance to catch my breath…”, but you’re WRONG, because something else is about to explode i
Satarupa
Jan 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I got this book from the author, free of cost, in exchange of an honest review from my side.

Firstly I would like to thank the author and the publisher for giving me this opportunity of reading and reviewing this books.

Well, well, well, I think I'm falling in love with the Dystopian Genre. I mean why wouldn't I, right now this genre is the best out there and I'm so happy to say that these books are a gem in this genre. After a long time I read a story that involves the lov
Christine
Mar 28, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Just like its predecessor, Into the Fire was brilliant. I mean, with the way After the Ending finished off, I'm not surprised. But, can I just take a moment to say, "Whoa?!"
I had about two minutes at the end of After the Ending to relish in the fact that best friends Zoe and Dani were reunited and all seemed to be wonderful. I should have known.

Into the Fire takes place immediately following the first book and as with After the Ending we get both Zoe and Dani's perspectives. On
Fallon
Dec 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Into The Fire started off with a new character and a new twist to the plot. Everything you thought you knew and the lost that was experienced in After The Ending changes in Into The Fire. I could not put this book down. Zoe and Dani are separated once again. Jason is devastated and on the war path to get Dani back. The only problem is war lives are lost.

Who is the Mystery Guy tat has been in Dani's dreams? Well MG gets a name and a huge part in this second book. t can not tell you ho
Theresa
Nov 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
Loved it. The storyline is so involved it draws you in while still making sense. The way each character faces their own internal and physical struggles are perfectly portrayed. And there's maps!

Starts when the first left off, with Dani being captured by the Colony. Then we switch back and forth between Dani discovering how rotten the core of the Colony is and the role each played in the spread of the Virus. While Zoe's group tries to come up with a plan to rescue her.

T
Boxy Frown
Read After the Ending first...then read Into the Fire!

Into the Fire is the second entry in The Ending series. The first book found best friends Dani and Zoe trying to get to each other in the post apocalyptic world. Just when they do, they get separated again, and that is how we start book 2.

Dani has been kidnapped and taken to the Colony, where she finally meets Mystery Guy (Gabe) in person. She also has the misfortune to meet the General (talk about your God complex) an
Arielle Watson
Jan 14, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I am in love with this series! I read the first 2 books in 2 day's. So far this is one of the best post apocalyptic series I have read. It has an original, yet tried and true story line. I love the well developed characters. These books are infiltrating my dreams and I cannot wait for the next one to come out!
terri thomas
Jan 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great read

I was a little Leary of reading this, but once I started it I could not put it down. Great story line and the characters are amazing. I would recommend it. cannot wait until book three comes out
Erin-steve Koester
Feb 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Second book in a four part series. Very interesting concept - can't wait for book 3!!!
Jaelyn Reeck
May 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Personal Response:
I liked this book because it really focuses on what happened at the end of the first book. I found it interesting that people began to have these, basically, mutations in their brains that gave them a special ability. It is a creative book series, and I look forward to reading the next two books.
Plot Summary:
This book is all about saving Dani, and working on how to make everybody's abilities stronger. Whether it be mind control, or being able to cut out the electri
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
Nov 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
(I received this book for free as part of Goodreads First Reads giveaways).

(This review may contain spoilers).

When I read the blurb for this book, I almost immediately thought that it definitely sounded like my kind of book (a family member I showed it to said almost the exact same thing). By the end of this book, that opinion didn't change.

Although this book was the second in a series, I found it relatively easy to understand what was going on. I did find tha
Ryan H
Mar 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow, the second book in the series did not disappoint. Book 1 laid the groundwork and book 2 connected the dots. It starts right where book 1 left off and from there on out it was action, action, action. Not to mention drama filled with some spooky super natural parts too. The characters have grown in this new landscape and are adapting nicely, well as nicely as anyone can after the world has ended. This addition to the series works nicely and definitely builds off the first book. The introducti ...more
Jaymi
Nov 13, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: ebooks, 2013
Disclaimer: I received an eARC of this book through netgalley.com.

The two Lindseys are back with their second installment of their Ending series. into the Fire begins where book one left off. It's hard to talk about this book without spoilers so I will do my best. Dani and Zoe are back, along with the rest of the gang that they've travelled with across the states. In addition to the gang, we meet the darker side of this new world, those that live in Colorado Springs (which seems to be redubbed
Heidi | Paper Safari Book Blog
Dec 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I found this book to be very reminiscent of the Cronin's The Twelve. It seems that people with mind control powers always seem to want to take over the world and those people in the medical research field often do things that they later regret after they realize what a horrible weapon they can be. Maybe people should think about these things BEFORE they do them? Just an observation.

Into the Fire finds us in the Colony and finally discovering how the world ended as we know it ended. O
Dana
Nov 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
Better than the first book. Dani is now in the Colony, which is run by a maniacal man who has the power to control other people's thoughts and is trying to rule the world basically. Her friends, Zoe, Jason, Jack and the others are trying to find and rescue her. MG, the man of her dreams is now Gabe and he is really not so dreamy. There is a lot of action, some romance and plot twists and the book is a really good read. There is no more e-mailing - which was odd anyway, instead, there is telepath ...more
Julie (Bookish.Intoxication)
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, loved
I received this novel from NetGalley.

This novel is a brilliant and engaging second installment to the series and I am honoured that I got the chance to read it!

This novel see's Zoe and Dani's group face horriffic situations where only their courage, love and hope is able to get them out of the trouble they face, new friendships and relationships blossom along the way, both aiding and hindering this process.

This novel reveals so much about the protagonist's pas
T. Jackson
Intense. I was wanting more the second I started reading.
Not what I expected. Fantastic Story.
Loved the characters.
Kept me turning through the pages to see what happened next.
Intense. I was wanting more the second I started reading.

Not what I expected. Fantastic Story.
Loved the characters.
Kept me turning through the pages to see what happened next.

Dena
Feb 19, 2014 rated it really liked it
There is trouble everywhere and as the friends found each other they face new and existing enemies.

I thought Jason and Dani were cute and awesome together. I thought that Zoe and Jake are great together too. Even though they are constantly surrounded by psycho exes. Jason with is man-whoring ways and Jake who cannot stop rescuing damsels in distressed have caused alot of trouble with the women in their lives. I thought women were full of drama in these stories they have nothing on the men.
Ginny
Dec 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Book 2 in The Ending Series picks right up where book 1 left off. There is so much background information in this book. We find out about the start of the Virus! Many lingering questions are answered, but with the answers come more questions. Old characters develop, new characters are introduced, there are new surprising twists, and an ending that makes you want Book 3 out as soon as possible.
Cary Morton
Nov 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: books-i-own
I’d recommend it to anyone who liked the first book of the series. It was a fun, action-packed read, and it didn’t let me down. If you enjoy Post-Apocalyptic, Fantasy, or Sci-Fi adventures, you’ll probably like this book, and love the series.

You can find my full review here: http://wp.me/p37Zro-14l on Author Unpublished.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Ending Beginnings: Jake (The Ending, #0.4)
  • Blackballing the Dead (The Famished Trilogy #2.5)
  • Surge (Wheezers #1)
  • Salvation (Defiance, #3)
  • Resurrection (Apocalypse Chronicles, #2)
  • The Lost Souls (The Holy Trinity, #2.5)
  • Shattered World (Broken World, #2)
  • Redaction: The Meltdown (Redaction, #2)
  • Where We Stand (Life After War, #6)
  • Trapped (The 1000 Revolution, #3)
  • Alive (Crave, #1)
  • The Future Without Hope (The World Without End #3)
  • Emma: Part One (Outpost Nine, #1)
  • The Brothers (Breeders, #4)
  • The Cage King (Entwined Realms, #2)
  • End Dayz (The Hitchhiker Strain, #0.5)
  • Dead Chaos (Dead Chaos #1)
Like The Ending Series on Facebook
Like Lindsey on Facebook
Lindsey's website

Lindsey Fairleigh lives her life with one foot in a book—as long as that book transports her to a magical world or bends the rules of science. Her novels, from post-apocalyptic to time

The Ending (4 books)
  • After The Ending (The Ending, #1)
  • Out Of The Ashes (The Ending, #3)
  • Before The Dawn (The Ending Series, #4)
“I liked to pretend I was noble, to tell myself I wouldn’t draw someone into the fire, but threatened with the safety of the people I loved, I wouldn’t even hesitate.” 1 likes