Start by marking “Sins of the Flesh (Kith & Kynn, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sins of the Flesh (Kith & Kynn, #1)

Sins of the Flesh (Kith & Kynn #1)

3.45  ·  Rating details ·  150 Ratings  ·  33 Reviews
Closing up her small bookstore is the end of a dream for Rachel Marks. But while personal failure is hard enough to handle, making rent is even harder. Before she knows it, Rachel is waitressing at the hottest club in town—and her boss is the mysterious and devastatingly sexy Devon Carnavorn.
Dark, decadent, and deliriously loud, Mystique is a goth club—in every sense of th
Published October 1st 2007 by Aphrodisia

To ask other readers questions about Sins of the Flesh, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Sins of the Flesh

Sissy's Romance Book Review
I received an eARC, from NetGalley and the publisher, in exchange for an honest review.
'Seduced' by Devyn Quinn is book one in the "Kith & Kynn" series. This is the story of Rachel Marks and Devon Carnavorn.
Rachel had to closer her bookshop due to money issue and it would seem a ex boyfriend taking some money. Rachel seems to have always been a loner and now she a growing debit that she has to pay. So Rachel thinks to go waitress at a popular bar to make some quick money. There she meets De
Buggy
Feb 09, 2010 rated it really liked it
~INCONSISTENT BUT ORIGINAL EROTIC VAMPIRE ROMANCE~

Opening Line: "Immortality was within his grasp, if only he'd reach for it."

Devon Carnavorn is bored with his immortal existence. He's also lonely having lost his creator and love of his life Ariel, a hundred years before. The orgies and endless string of nameless, faceless partners are wearing him out. However being a Sexual Vampire or 'Kynn' Devon needs the energy and connection obtained from the sexual act to survive. So what's a gorgeous, un
Mindy Lou's Book Review
I'm bummed. I was really into this book, loving where it was going until I got to the 24th chapter. So close to the end of the book and a scene just ruined it for me. I read romance books for the romance. My personal opinion is an orgy is not romance, it's just sex. I have a hard time believing a man loves you if he wants you to have sex with multiple partners while he has sex with multiple partners. I wasn't even expecting it to happen. Yes, it mentions he did this before he met her but I mista ...more
Claudia
"Seduced", book one in the "Kith & Kynn" series is the story of Rachel and Devon.

The prologue introduced me to Devon at the time at his transformation. It was a very interesting approach towards vampirism: the vampires feed only when having sex.
Years later, Devon is an older vampire without a mate and living a solitary but very sexual life.

Rachel is in need of money so she gets a job as a waitress in a very popular place. While working she meets the owner Devon.
Sparks start to fly and the
Erin
May 27, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016
This is not a safe read in any way, and therefore didn't enjoy it. The blurb was so interesting, and it was right in my wheelhouse. Well, it was nothing like I thought. This is straight up erotica and unsafe on so many levels. I'm not someone that needs everything all sunshines and rainbows, but there are some limits.

If you enjoy erotica without the romance, this might be for you. If you enjoy FF as well as orgies and multiple scenes of blood play, this might be for you. I could go on, but if y
Evie
Jun 12, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't read a lot of paranormal and when I do I'm a bit picky. This was a pretty good read for an erotic paranormal romance. It was super hot.

Devon has been roaming this earth for almost two centuries. His sire, the woman he loved, was killed by a man who hates vampires and since Devon hasn't been happy. He's never gotten over Ariel, that's of course until he meets Rachel.

Rachel looks a lot like Ariel, and from the moment she meets Devon she can't get him out of her mind anymore than he can ge
Maria11
Jun 01, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
DNF

This started out so good. I read till about 65%. Couldn't put it down. Then I guess my sensibilities got the best of me. Hey I like reading sexy kinky stuff. I don't consider myself too prudish when I read, but there is things I don't like.

I have difficulty with the concept of I love you, but let's have sex with lots of other people...but you are my only one and I only love you. I guess the old fashion girl in my can't handle that. I know a lot of people will love this storyline and yeah it
Karinosa
Jun 02, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Things seemed to be going well in the beginning. It was well paced. Devon is getting to know Rachel. Rachel does seem sensible. She is sad because fee book store had to close. Devon comes into the picture. Then it moves lightning speed and makes zero sense to me. I like you and I want you to be my blood mate. Bam...something happens and they are together than not together. Ughh... could have been better. The description was great just didn't deliver the goods.

I received this ARC from the publish
Celeste
Jun 11, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ok so this is a close 4 star, I really enjoyed the beginning, up until the scene a few other reviews complained about..... don't get me wrong it wasn't horrible, it just didn't seem to fit well, then the story got odd after that. I don't feel like I read enough to understand the Lynn, just a few to many holes. But in all I found the story intriguing and incredibly sexy.
P Leslie
May 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I got this book from net gallery for an honest review.

Wow I absolutely loved this book and was intrigued by the narrative.

Devon, is a wealthy vampire who owns various gothic like nightclubs. He is an incredibly sensual vampire but he has lost his way since losing his blood mate, Ariel. He's lost his sense of purpose and sex has just become a physical release to his hunger but he desperately misses the true blood connection which takes sexual pleasure to a whole new level.

Rachel has recently lo
Jeannie Zelos

Seduced,  Devyn Quinn

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre:  Erotica, Romance

I was really looking forward to this, sounded right up my street but...I didn’t like it.

First issue was Rachel, I found her really selfish. Her ex employee, trusted and valued while she had her bookshop, becomes someone she’s happy to dismiss as soon as she doesn’t need her...and the poor women is only 62 ,but she’s described as practically senile in Rachel's views.
Then Rachel goes from waitress to higher and th
Carrie
I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

This book was a quick, dirty, paranormal read. It felt a lot like a short story that had been fleshed out into a book. In this first installment, the world was just barely introduced by way of the main character’s memories.

Rachel got to live her dream of being a bookstore owner for a few years, but times are tough and she has had to cut her losses and find other work. Turns out, people aren’t really looking to hire a very overqualif
Saniya
Jun 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 STARS

So here we are introduced to another type of vampire......The Kynn....The Sexual Vampires...
These are creatures who drink their mate's blood while having sex which takes them to another level of Ecstasy.
Rachel looks like Ariel the vampire who turned Devon 150 years ago. But it's not just similarity in looks but something else that is uniquely Rachel which arises feelings that were dead for years after Ariel was killed by a vampire hunter. it takes time but Rachel accepts and enters his
Allison
I'm not really sure where to begin with this review..

So after shutting down her book store, Rachel takes a job at a gothic night club where she meets her new boss, the charming Devon. Devon is a "pleasure" vampire AKA "Kynn".

Let's stop there, so we don't get to in-depth... I'm not a spoiler review..

Bottom line... once the book was at its peak, it took a nose drive in the wrong direction. It became awkward, there was no "felt" connection between the characters the writing appeared to be extremel
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads Netgalley ARC Review:

Seduced isn't exactly what I expected. It was actually a bit more. Sensual, different, and yet interesting, Seduced is the kind of book that can intrigue and leave you a bit breathless. I loved the whole paranormal element. Vampires have always been one of my favorite paranormal creatures. Sexy, dominant, possessive, they bring a certain sex appeal that is amazingly delicious.

This story isn't your average erotic paranormal romance either. Its unique.
Karen Roma
Having read this story many years ago under the name of Sins of the Flesh, I must admit that so much time has gone by that I can't really comment on the fact that it is now revised and expanded from the original content.

I will say that it was entertaining to revisit the world of the Kith & Kynn and the sensual beings that live in between the light and the darkness, but I was disappointed with the multiple partner aspect of the story and Rachel's willingness to share and be shared by Devon.

Th
Tammy
Jun 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Intriguing new series. Rachel is forced to close her small bookstore and as the debt collectors are calling she need a job. Doing what she must, she ends up getting a job at the hottest nightclub in town. Devon is a fallen vampire, an outcast. Forced to endure a meaningless and loveless eternity until he sees Rachel, who is now his employee. This is a fast paced read with lots of drama and steamy sex. The chemistry between Rachel and Devon is hot and I liked the story. Looking forward to more.
Kim Bradley
I really wanted to like this book more. I normally love reading paranormal romances but I just couldn't quite warm up to this. Don't get me wrong, I liked Devon. Handsome with the right amout of sinful. Rachel, however, I just couldn't quite "like". It took very little to push her past her comfort zone. Rather than cheering on this couple I found I just couldn't get invested in them. The writing, descriptiveness and depth of character were all well done. Devyn Quinn is an author that I will defi ...more
Raina Collins
Received through NetGalley for an honest review.

This is a story about the Kynn. A vampire race that thrives on sex and some blood. Surprisingly, they don't have fangs but use small knives. Devon is a 150 year old vampire. His sire and love was killed long ago. But after meeting Rachel, he finds his love again. But Rachel isn't about to give in to her lust that easily.

The book is a good story. But like other reviewers, the sexual orgies seemed to push it. In the end I felt that Rachel gave up t
Courtney
Jun 20, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
This is one of those rare times that I dnf-ed a book. I read about a third before I finally gave up. There was no plot development, no character development, and the writing was mediocre at best. The sex scenes were poorly written, often the word choice did not evoke "oh, that's sexy," thoughts, but rather, "eww, that just sounds gross!"
I had such high hopes for this book based on the blurb, but sadly, it just fell so short of what I expected.
Christie
Oct 24, 2007 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: romance fans who like it hardcore
One of a new genre of romance novels in that they are very explicit and in your face with the sex. Not a bad read, overall, but I found parts of it lacking an 'umph'. (Though not the sex scenes, I must add.) The writer is good and paces it well- I just think it could have been a wee bit more 'felshed' out in parts. But not a bad after dark read!
Ladyacct
Aug 05, 2010 rated it did not like it
This book started out with my attention, as I read the less attention I gave it till I just gave up and didn't even finish. It was recommended to me by two different people, and as I stated it started off really well and went progessively bad till I just lost interest about page 52. There are just too many books out there to stick with one that doesn't hold your interest anymore.
Heather andrews
May 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I liked when Devon was sweet, "the door to the stall opened. An inquiring gray gaze skimmed her body. “Good morning,”Devon said, his voice still husky with the remnants of sleep. “I have to say you’re quite a sight to wake up to.” This book was naughty, naughty, naughty. I liked this book, I can't wait for the next one.
Jodi Lynn
Feb 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Holy hotness, this is one smoking book. Add a tortured hero and a feisty heroine and you have an awesome story. A few obvious typos early on made me a little nervous, but from there the editing was very good and the storytelling phenomenol!
Megan Asmus
Oct 11, 2014 rated it really liked it
I love this I happened to read book 2 before book one but finally read 1 and OMG! Devyn Quinn is brilliant! I need more of this series I fell in love with 'll the characters and need more! Such a good read if looking for something different and unique!
Carmen Díaz
Apr 13, 2009 rated it it was ok
Novela erótica con tintes góticos. Para pasar un rato.
Ashley
Jun 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley

I really enjoyed this book. It was a quick read. Very hot and I liked the storyline.
Teresa
Jun 21, 2016 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
*** See review under new revised edition; titled "Seduced" ***
Flocharda
2.5
Fue sexy, caliente, para nada romántico pero me enganchó más o menos
Kris
ARC provided by NetGalley in Exchange for an honest review
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
  • Kissing Midnight (Midnight, #4)
  • Triple Cross (Triple Trouble, #7)
  • Damned, Delicious, and Dangerous
  • Dark Harvest (Kismet Knight, Ph.D., Vampire Psychologist, #3)
  • Holiday Heat
  • Crown and Blade
  • Caught by Cupid
  • The Hunter's Prey: Erotic Tales of Texas Vampires
  • A Vampire's Kiss (The Manigault Vampires, #1)
  • Lord of the Deep (Elementals, Book 1)
  • Wicked Hot
  • Ever After (Ever After, #1)
  • Kiss and Tell (Bloodmates, #1)
  • Lush
  • Fire in His Eyes (Dragon Elementals #1)
  • Slave to Love: Erotic Stories of Bondage and Desire
  • Dark Love: A Story from Bennett Bay
  • Highland Obsession
Devyn Quinn lives in the scenic Southwest, though she has called several other states home. She is a huge fan of dark gothic music & shoot-’em-up action movies. But reading is her first love and Devyn spends too much time with history books, as well as feeding her addiction for celebrity biographies. She especially enjoys reading books on Hollywood before the 1960′s and is crazy about Marilyn ...more
More about Devyn Quinn

Kith & Kynn (2 books)
  • Sins Of The Night (Kith & Kynn, #2)