Start by marking “Demon (Dark Musicals, #2)” as Want to Read:
Demon (Dark Musicals, #2)

Demon (Dark Musicals #2)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  90 Ratings  ·  34 Reviews

It
Published March 2013 by Pagan Writers Press

Stephanie
Apr 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
From the Militant Recommender Book Review Blog:
Without realizing it, the Recommender happened upon Laura DeLuca's Phantom right before the release of her 2nd novel to feature my new favorite fictional character, Lord Justyn Patko and his girlfriend, Rebecca Hope. So, putting all my other carefully lined up books aside for the moment, I had to see what the author had in store for these two in the new book.

When we last met them... Justyn and Becca had both b
Erica Alyson
Feb 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
**ARC provided for honest review**

***May Contain Spoilers To Book 1 Phantom****

Wow this series just got even better and I didn't think that was possible. This is probably my favorite book by Laura DeLuca. I love the characters, the story, the writing all of it.

Laura writes in a way that makes the reader engaged and you feel like you are there due to the great descriptive narrative in the book. This story picks up where Phantom left off with Tom and Carmen together and Rebecca and Justyn about t
Gloria Defeo
Mar 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I read Phantom, the first book in this series, and it was amazing. I didn't think it was possible to top it, yet somehow, Demon managed to pull it off. Justyn and Becca are starting a new life in college, but there are definitely some challenges along the way. There is a lot more competition then when they were in high school, and this time around, they won't both be the stars. To make matters worse, there is a Gothic girl named Livy who wants to steal a lot more than the show. She totally wants ...more
Maryann
Mar 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was an amazing modern day version of Sweeney Todd. The way the author tied the modern story to the classic was unique. Instead of going with the throat slashing, she focused on the reason for the revenge. It was an emotional roller coaster. I laughed, cried, and swooned more times than I could count. An amazing sequel. Can't wait for book three.
Michelle Cornwell-Jordan
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was excited and thrilled when learning the sequel to Phantom, Demon, the second book in the Dark Musicals had arrived. I loved Phantom, so I could not wait to read Demon (Book#2 in Dark Musicals series).
I would like to say that one of the reasons that I enjoy this series is due to how Author Laura Deluca takes the Classics and creates fresh, hip tales perfect for today’s readers!
Demon follows the couple Justyn and Rebecca who met in Phantom their high school production, which both had the lead
Nicole
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow! This is the perfect second book to Phantom. It was utterly unbelievable to read and kept my mind reeling as I tried to figure out how the play would come to life like it did with Phantom. The suspects for this one are ones that will throw the reader off what they think is happening.

Becca and Justyn are in college now and life seems to be going up after they leave the tragedy that unfolded on the stage of their high school. The horrible thoughts still linger in Becca's mind but with the new
Lauren
Jun 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Who does not love something a smidgen darker? One of my favorite musicals is The Demon Barber of Fleet Street. While I understand that a lot of people did not even know who/what it was, I am glad that Johnny Depp has made the amazing dark musical a household name. And as with Phantom, Laura DeLuca has chosen another favorite of mine. I feel we have a lot in common!

Unlike the first book in the series (Phantom), I was able to figure out who our resident psycho was. However, I did not understand ho
Danielle Villano
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2013
As a reader, I'm happy to be reunited with Rebecca and Justyn. Their chemistry sparks on the page, and the way they connect as a couple is really just... so romantic. I loved watching this unlikely pair get together in Phantom; I love it even more now, when I get to read about their growth as a couple.

It also certainly doesn't hurt that, aside from The Phantom of the Opera, my favorite musical is Sweeney Todd! As I discussed in my initial Phantom post, I was a huge musical nerd in high school (
Jamie White
Jul 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
NOTE: I was provided a copy for promotional purposes with no expectation of a favorable review. I will also warn anyone who has not read book that they may want to skip this review if you don't want to know any details of what happened before.

As I loved the first in this series, I couldn't wait for the chance to sit down and read book two. As with the first in the trilogy, the plot partly revolves around a production of a classic musical. In this one, they are doing a production of Demon Barber
Linda
Apr 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Meg - A Bookish Affair
Jun 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, young-adult, 2013
"Demon" is the thrilling sequel to "Phantom" and the second book in the planned Dark Musicals trilogy by Laura DeLuca. It's a modern day take on the musical, "Sweeney Todd." The book picks up a little bit after the first book ends. Rebecca and Justyn are now away at college together. They've taken their relationship to another level and are living together and auditioning for parts in the college drama departments presentation of "Sweeney Todd" under a professor who seems to hate them for no goo ...more
Lauren Boden
Apr 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Beautiful!! From start to finish, i was captivated and enthralled by the sincerity, emotion, and realism portrayed in this book!

I came into the book thinking it would be another one of those series books that wasn't near the same caliber as the first. But, this book surprised me and this is truly one of the best sequel books I've ever read!

Phantom drew me because of the oblivious ties to Phantom of the Opera. That book became one of my favorites from chapter 1! Demon took a bit longer for me to
Kayla
Sep 29, 2013 added it
Demon by Laura DeLuca
Review by: Kayla Hines

Synopsis: “When Justyn and Rebecca set off to attend the New York School of Performing Arts, they think their dreams are about to come true. To their dismay, they aren’t in high school anymore, and the competition is steep. Rebecca must compete against accomplished singers for a role in the production of Demon Barber, including a stunning Gothic diva with her sights set on Justyn.

It doesn't help that things keep disappearing from their apartment or that
Fiona Wilson
Jun 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is the second in a trilogy of books and continues the story of Rebecca and Justyn, the main characters of the first book, Phantom.

Rebecca and Justyn have now been together for a year and they have both been accepted into the New York School of Performing Arts after being found by a talent scout and receiving full scholarships.

They immediately try out for the play 'Demon Barber' and, as predicted by everyone who hears him, Justyn is given the main role, that of Sweeney Todd. Rebecca gets the
Heather andrews
Mar 26, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Lord Justyn is still a sweetheart as much as he was in 'Phantom' "I've moved a dozen times in my life. I've left friends and family behind more than once, but I don't think I could ever bare to leave you." There was one scene that made me laugh so hard I almost peed myself (doing that a lot lately with some of the books I'm reading not sure if that's a good thing yet haha) (Just going to do dialogue in the scene not what's going on):
"Hey, you friend...he gay? Boy who dress like dat have to be g
Sheila
Second in the Dark Musicals trilogy, Laura DeLuca’s Demon takes off from where Phantom ended. Teen life, now in college instead of high school, is set to imitate art again, as Becca and Justyn try out for parts in the tale of the Demon Barber. The classic story combines with college life to form a vivid backdrop to a tale of psychological horror and real danger. Meanwhile imagined lyrics offer a pleasingly musical and consistent feel.

Justyn and Becca seem to have it all at the start of this tale
Lisa Markson
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of Demon by Laura DeLuca in exchange for an honest and unbiased review. I have to say that I have read each and every book written by this fabulous author. I started with her book Destiny and immediately fell in love with her writing style. When I started reading her Dark Musical series I was not sure what to expect because the first one Phantom was about the book Phantom of the Opera. I personally never watched or read it. Now Demon was based loosely on the story of Sweeny Tod ...more
Farrah
Jun 05, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Everything that was great in book 1 was even better in this book. Brilliant!

Rebecca was a lot stronger in this book and I was able to truly respect her as a capable heroine. She definitely knew how to kick some psycho butt this time around.

Justyn was just as utterly perfect as before. Why aren't there guys like him in real life? I swear, if a guy like Lord Justyn existed, I would stop at nothing to get him. If I had to do some things that weren't necessarily legal...eh. Just speed bumps on the
Christina M Condy
I have to say first that Phantom of the Opera is one of my all time favorite musicals. So when I was offered the opportunity to read and review Phantom and Demon by the Author I had to jump at the opportunity.

I won't go into details of Phantom here, but suffice it to say it was an excellent book which I gladly gave 4.5 stars to. But this isn't about Phantom this review is about Demon which is book two in the Dark Musical Series.

The relationship between Becca and Justyn continues in this book. Th
A.R. Von
Apr 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
I found book 2 of the Dark Musicals series to be just as good as the first. Just as touching, romantic, exciting and mysterious. I did not know what to expect, but Laura is FULL of surprises! All fans of the genre will enjoy a great escape with Demon, even if you are not familiar with the musical the story is based upon (like me!) The author wrote it so wonderfully you’ll visualize every single moment!

Justyn and Rebecca is still an amazing couple. (I still feel that Rebecca made the perfect choi
Maria
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing

The 411 by Maria:

I loved the first book in the series entitled Phantom. In this book our main characters Justyn and Rebecca are in New York trying to put the past few months and all the drama of their last time on stage behind them. Theyboth try out for a play called Demon Barber based on Sweeney Todd (can you tell Laura likes her musicals?). Justyn of course, gets the lead role alongside Rebecca's nemesis Livy (Man, how I hated her!).

Drama seems to follow these two young people around before yo
Simone
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-read-2013
I received a free copy of this novel in exchange for my honest review. In book two of the Dark Musicals Trilogy, we revisit Justyn and Rebecca. They’ve graduated High School and are about to embark on their new college career together. They’re living together in an off-campus apartment, and cannot be more in love. Now along with the challenges of college, comes competitive talent, as well as a Goth girl trying to steal sweet Justyn away. Livy needs to REALLY get a life! Then there’s a serial rap ...more
Niki
Apr 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved The Phantom but this one wow I adored Demon. the 2nd book in the dark musical Trilogy. Justyn and Rebecca are back in this and go to college, where they share a off campus apartment, things are well at first, till a goth girl goes after Justyn and a rapist is on campus.

Life is not simple for them and they face lots of challenges again. will their love conquer this too and will they find who is doing all this? Another good thriller Laura, Love your writing style, it reads so easily and ke
S. Policar
May 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
The second of the Dark Musicals books, Demon has a higher emotional charge than Phantom did. Just like with book 1, Demon will keep you guessing on who badguy is, and this one threw me for a loop.
I found far fewer errors in this book than the one before it, again none of the errors will impede reading flow.
I particularly liked this one a lot. While I'm a fan of Phantom, Sweeney Todd is my all time favorite musical and I really enjoyed watching it come to life, so to speak.
I look forward to readi
Literary  Chanteuse
Mar 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-romance
The high school sweethearts are now honoring their scholarships at a fine arts college and get involved in the school production of Sweeney Todd. Again their story becomes dramatic, mysterious and dangerous when life imitates art. The similarities to the musical are very real. A much darker and thrilling story than the first in this series but captivating from the beginning. Another must read for those Halloween lists. I received this copy in exchange for an honest review.”
Bridgette South
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Demon is part two of the Dark Musicals Series by Laura DeLuca. In this book Rebecca and Justyn get to continue their story. They decide to try out for the play Demon Barber Justyn given the lead male role, Sweeney Todd and Rebecca given the role of Lucy.
All over again Rebecca is up to her eyes in trouble… Being attacked and then afterwards she begins pushing away Justyn… I loved the SHOCK when you find out who the assailant is!! Loved reading this book and moving on to Hyde tonight…
Jamie Turner-norton
May 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
After falling in love with Becca and Justyn in Book 1 (Phantom) they have kept me continuing wanting MORE! this time its based on Sweeney Todd and even though I’ve never seen it (which i will be going to buy it now) I loved how Laura kept the story going. Again Laura has managed to make this not just a book, I felt as if I was watching a movie, just like I did while reading Phantom. I cannot wait for the 3rd book!
Tiff Fouks
Feb 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Demon continues where Phantom leaves off, Becca and Justyn set off for college! Things take a turn when they start to mirror the storyline of the play they have roles in takes over their lives.

Laura never ceases to provide a story that sucks you in from the beginning. Twists and turns enhance the story and you never know who might be the culprit creating the issues.
Sharon
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic! This tied in perfectly with Phantom, the first book in the trilogy, and kept me guessing the whole time.
Sizzling Hot Books
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
See the full review here at: http://sizzlinghotyabooks.com/guest-b...
« previous 1 3 next »
Ebook Giveaways &...: Dark Musicals Trilogy ebooks search 1 3 Oct 19, 2013 08:11AM
  • HerStory: Fiction Honoring Women's History Month
  • A Celtic Tapestry
  • Crimson Flames
  • Star Cursed (Curse of the Beast, #2)
  • Thundering Luv
  • Alexander Drake's Extraordinary Pursuit (Azra's Pith, Book 1)
  • The Big Debate (Literary Loom, #1)
  • BORN IN SIN (Dacian Legends)
  • Love and Blood (Blood Ties, #1)
  • Jack Templar and the Lord of the Vampires (The Templar Chronicles, #3)
  • Shifty Business (Bend-Bite-Shift Trilogy, #3)
  • Our Souls to Keep (Our Souls to Keep, #1)
  • Trail of Bones
  • Promised (Promised Series, #1)
  • Whatever Happened to Mourning Free? Book 3 of the Olivia series
  • Flury: Journey of a Snowman (Claus, #3)
  • Rebels
  • Mohawk Moon (Mohawk, #1)
Laura “Luna” DeLuca lives at the beautiful Jersey shore with her four children. In addition to writing fiction, Laura is also the editor of a popular review blog called New Age Mama. Her works include romantic thrillers, paranormal fiction, contemporary romance, and young adult. Visit her website at www.authorlauradeluca.blogspot.com for more information.
More about Laura DeLuca...

Dark Musicals (3 books)
  • Phantom (Dark Musicals, #1)
  • Hyde (Dark Musicals, #3)

Young Adult Deals

• Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • These Vicious Masks
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Hundredth Queen (The Hundredth Queen, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Queens of Geek
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Cruel Beauty (Cruel Beauty Universe, #1)
    $9.99 $1.99
  • The Door Within (The Door Within, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Georgia Peaches and Other Forbidden Fruit
  • Allegedly
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Gone Crazy in Alabama (Ala Notable Children's Books. Middle Readers)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Been Here All Along
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • Bad Boy
    $7.74 $1.99
  • Season of Fire (The Remnants, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Haunting Season
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Season of Wonder (The Remnants, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99