Start by marking “Love Request” as Want to Read:
Love Request

Love Request

When Ciara Littleton takes the plunge and finally joins Facebook to socialize without the limits that her hearing impairment gives her, on a whim, she looks up a childhood friend. In sending him that first message, she ignites the memories of a crush from twenty years ago. But can a simple friend request fix all that stands between them and lead to something more?

Hunter
Published January 25th 2013 by Pagan Writers Press (first published December 9th 2011)

To ask other readers questions about Love Request, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love Request

Start your review of Love Request
Lance Greenfield
Dec 10, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From the off, I declare that I am a friend of the author, Tara Chevrestt, but that in no way affects my review.

I wavered between awarding three and four stars for this book, but the emotion of the closing chapters and the epilogue swung my rating in the positive direction.

Tara very obviously draws on her own life experiences in the writing of A Facebook Affair. When you read Deaf Isn't Dumb (expected publication date: 27th April 2012), you will understand what I mean.

There are plenty of lessons
Susan (aka Just My Op)
Sep 18, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: e-books
This short book is a sweet romance wrapped around a story about bullying and overcoming adversity. The protagonist, Kelly, lost her hearing when she was very young, and a couple of the mean girls at school decide to pick on her. But there is a cute little boy who seems to like Kelly, never mind that one of the mean girls is his twin sister.

The story alternates between schoolgirl Kelly and young adult Kelly, and Kelly's past catches up with her. Well, with a little help from social media and
Bev Pettersen
Dec 13, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the first romance I’ve read by this author and I loved it. Kelly is hearing impaired and I felt instant empathy, especially when we could see the scenes where she was bullied in grade school. Kelly and Brandon’s romance is smoothly intertwined and develops through Facebook, although they knew each other back when they were small. In fact, he’s recently divorced from one of the mean girls which causes some problems. Kelly is courageous and sweet and I was rooting for her right from page ...more
Lynne
Jul 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: loved-it, arc-read
This book was just too freakin’ sweet, good and strings tugging at the heart all rolled up into one. The amount of times I said “aww” or “damn that’s sad” was just endless. Sorry, I’m kind of getting ahead of myself here. Let me give you a backdrop and then I’ll gush about how GREAT this book was.
“Love Request” by Tara Chevrestt tells the story of Ciara Littleton. You first meet Ciara as a young girl starting her first day at a new school. Like we remember...or not, the first day was hell.
Vivian
Apr 18, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kelly Littleton is a hearing-impaired journalist residing in Utah. She is grieving the death of her mother and wondering about her future. Since she has spent the last few years taking care of her ailing mother, she hasn't had much of a social life. Her girlfriend Tammy is there for her, and prods her into joining Facebook in an effort to increase her socialization skills and perhaps find new friends. Kelly doesn't have too many fond memories of her childhood, but she does remember one specific ...more
Laura DeLuca
Oct 22, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Request is a refreshing and realistic view on how an old love can be rekindled with a little help from modern technology. Ciara is a hearing impaired woman dealing with the loss of her mother. Hunter is a guy on the rebound after ending a bad marriage. Years ago they knew each other as children and thanks to face book, they find each other once again. Conversations start out casual but soon things begin to heat up and there is talk of a meeting. But this novel isn't all happy reunions. Back ...more
Laura DeLuca
Jan 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chris- Bookaddict

This story raises some issues with Bullying, as well as Hearing Loss. It takes you on a journey With Ciara who we meet in the first chapter when she enters a new school in grade 2. Ciara is hearing impaired, we see first hand what she is dealt with, when a couple of other girls in the class begin to bully her because she is different.(or so they think she is).

Then we jump ahead 20 yrs and Ciara is dealing with the loss of her mother to cancer. She is living her life the best she can. She has
Lisa Markson
Feb 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I received a copy of this book in exchange for a honest and unbiased review. I absolutely loved this story. The author captures your attention right from page one. I have read a couple of books by this particular author and it is refreshing to see how much of herself that she puts into the story. You can feel that she is giving you all of the emotions that she may have felt growing up. Kids are cruel. We all have some situations that we were in. Always odd man out we you the fat kid, the nerd, ...more
D.F. Krieger
Feb 02, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Points of this book I love? For one I love the fact the relationship sparks off the internet without being from a dating website. My husband and I met online, and no, it wasn't a dating website. So watching their flirtation grow through their messages puts a smile on my face because I remember what it was like.

I also love the fact the heroine is hearing impaired. I once had a reader complain that she wished more hero/ines had to face handicaps and impairment challenges. The reader herself was
Christina
Dec 16, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
"A Facebook Affair" is a wonderful story that had me hooked from start to finish. You can’t help but empathise with the heroine, who is hearing impaired, and she really tugs at your heartstrings. Right from page one, I so wanted her to have her ‘happy ever after’! The hero is gorgeous too – not just physically, but one of those warm-hearted men who’s almost too good to be true. And this is a truly modern tale, romance via Facebook, that has the potential to turn into so much more if only the ...more
Janet
This book made me cry, it made me laugh, it made me mad, and the sex wasn't too much. I think you did a good job Tara. I think people can learn from this book. It makes one think of all the things we take for granted as normal hearing people. I know first hand the difficulties you faced growing up it was hard. However, I have to say you have over came and I am so proud of the person you have become.
Apr 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I must say, I love this story!! I love that the author created a strong character that happened to be hearing impaired. There is so much that hearing people do not realize about the hearing impaired or deaf people.

I love the connection that Ciara and Hunter had right from the start and even though it took 20 years for them to find each other again, they still had that connection. Who knew Facebook was good for finding love?

Christine
Mar 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Journalist Kelly Littleton has been taking care of her mother for the past five years and now feels lost and depressed after her mom’s death. Kelly has spent all of her spare time with her mom and because she is hearing-impaired, she has a hard time making friends. Kelly’s co-worker Tammy thinks Kelly needs to meet more people and convinces her to set up a Facebook account. Kelly soon reconnects with childhood friend Brandon Hopkins. Brandon and Kelly begin to correspond online, and Kelly finds ...more
Vania Nunes
Aug 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A heartwarming story .
Ciara Littleton developed deafness at four years old. The author doesn't explain exactly what happened, just points out that at the time of her hearing loss, at least she had passed the first stage of learning to speak, thus making a little easy.

If a child has bullied when she arrives at a new school, imagine one that has this problem. In the beginning few girls decided that Ciara would be the target of jokes and teasing.And that happened when they were still in second
W. Chantale
Jan 11, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I LOVED this story. Once I started reading it was hard to put down. Kelly is hearing impaired. She relies on hearing aids and reading lips to navigate in the world. She’s not your average heroine and I adored her.
She didn’t make excuses, she didn’t hide who she was, but embraced what she could and couldn’t do. Kelly lived an active and full life. She had a job, an apartment, friends and getting a glimpse into her life and the prejudices she faced on a daily basis was priceless.
There was one
Mandi Schreiner
Kelly Littleton has had a hearing impairment her entire life. As a child, life was very difficult for her because she was different and in a public school. She had to wear hearing aids over her ears and talked a little different than everyone else. In her second and third grade years though, there was a boy, Brandon, who always had a gentle smile for her amid all the mean girls. After having to move away in her third grade year, she never forgot that friend.

Now as an adult working in journalism,
Judy & Marianne from Long and Short Reviews
Originally posted at: http://www.longandshortreviews.blogsp...

A LASR BEST BOOK!!

A Facebook Affair starts off with eight year-old Kelly Littleton on her first day at a new school. She's self-conscious about her hearing aids and her deafness. Instantly, I able to get inside little Kelly's head and feel her emotions and insecurities. She wasn't just a fictional character. She was like a real person. Childhood Kelly reminded me a bit of myself at that age and I connected with this character.

In the
CeCe
Jul 01, 2013 rated it liked it
What a nice story. Elementary friends meet as adults. Love these second chance books, but I don’t know if you would call it second chance romance since the boy and the girl in this book were in 8/9 years old when they were friends

The story begins with Ciara being convinced by her friend to start a Facebook account. Ciara is shy and keeps to herself except for a few friends. However, she gets signed up on Facebook by her friend and one of the first people she looks up is her first childhood
Kimberly
Review written for www.books-n-kisses.com

Have you ever thought of looking up your first love on FaceBook? Do you wonder what would happen?

Kelly was always the one in school everyone made fun of. She needed hearing aids and talked funny because of her lack of hearing. In second grade she has to go to a new school in Oklahoma and becomes the target of ridicule from most of her classmates. Everyone except Brandon. Now 20 years later she decides to look up Brandon on FaceBook.

Brandon is going
Gayl Taylor
Dec 09, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Facebook Affair is a sweet, sexy story with a little something extra - a message about adversity, bullies, and being less than "perfect". It revolves around Kelly, who lost her hearing at a young age and her budding romance with Brandon, who befriended her when they were children.

Kelly is at loose ends after the death of her mother from cancer. At the encouragement of her best friend to put herself out in the social world, she signs up for a Facebook account. She looks up an old crush from
Falling In Fall Book Blog
Jul 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-read-shelf
An ARC was provided by the author in exchange for an honest review. To view the full review, visit: http://fallinginfall.blogspot.com

At its beginning, Love Request is really original and intriguing, because it features Ciara Litteton, a hearing impaired female lead.

"I'm a grown woman, I'm attractive and sucessful. I'm hearing impaired and I'm okay with it. They have the problem."

After Ciara's mother passes away from cancer, Tammy, Ciara’s best friend, wants her to get back in the dating world.
Rose Wynters
Jun 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book was provided to me by the author and Tasty Book tours in exchange for an honest review. Love Request is the story of Ciara Littleton, a hearing-impaired single woman that just recently lost her mom to cancer. Her friend Tammy is determined to not let her wallow in misery. Instead, she pushes her back out into the real world and into the dating scene. She's determined to see her friend find someone to love and live for herself for awhile.

The book moves back and forth from Ciara's life
Book Perfection Perfection
A Facebook Affair centers on the rekindling of a friendship between a young hearing impaired woman and a sweet man who knew each other in elementary school. The tale seamlessly transitions from the past the the present. The element of having a deaf heroine brought a sense of realism to the world of erotica, which can sometimes be a bit far-fetched. There were many funny one-liners, and I found myself smiling while reading several times. The heroine is a strong woman, something I love to see in ...more
Tara
I won this book in a drawing on the author's blog. I received it free in electronic form and was able to easily download it to my Nook. I have to say I LOVED IT! The story was really heartwarming and romantic (I realize that might sound cheesy, but I had warm fuzzy feelings all day from this book). This is a novella about finding your true love after 20 years, and it definitely reaffirmed my opinion that true love does exist.

Kelly and Brandon reconnect over Facebook and feelings they had 20
Brandy Dorsch
Mar 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this story! Ciara is a hearing impaired woman that has gone through rough times. She reads lips and was raised mainstream, which means she doesn’t know how to sign and went to “regular” school. She had a rough childhood with moving around a lot. That makes it difficult to make friends. The story tells about one of the worst times when she was in second and third grade and the girls were extra vicious.
Now, Ciara is all grown up and her friend Tammy is trying to convince her to get into
Kelli
Mar 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: ebook
Love Request, apparently formerly called A Facebook Affair, by Tara Chevrestt was a love story between Ciara Littleton and Hunter Reaves who were childhood classmates who reconnected through Facebook and fell in love.

First thing first, it was refreshing to read a book about a deaf character and the normal everyday struggles a deaf person has that everyone else takes for granted. However, that's about the only good thing I had to say about the book.

While Hunter may have been a sweetheart and he
The TBR Pile *Book review site*
Full review: http://thetbrpile.weebly.com/1/post/2...

The connection of two hearts, regardless of distance or obstacles that may block their way. Ms. Chevrestt had me so engulfed in the world she created I read this book in one sitting. The lead heroine Kelly was an inspiration as she overcame childhood bullying, and the preconceived notions of what it means to be a person with hearing impairment. I learned new things as I fell in love with Kelly and her beau Brandon who was a once a school girl
Gloria Defeo
Mar 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a really sweet romance. Two old school friends find each other again after years part through the power of face book. But a nasty sister who doesn't like Caira and also tortured her because she was deaf doesn't make it easy for them. I enjoyed how the story went back and forth between the present and their childhood and tied it all together. Touching and realistic, Love Request is a book I'd recommend to anyone.
Claire Matthews
Jan 29, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

What a great story--Brandon and Kelly are a couple with real chemistry. I loved the way that their romance began to unfold on Facebook, and the author really handles Kelly's disability with care and respect. The flashbacks to their childhood days (and the bullying that Kelly endured) give their present-day relationship more depth.

For those who like their sweet romance with some sizzle, I highly recommend A Facebook Affair!
Goodreads Librari...: release dates 4 34 Dec 01, 2011 08:41PM
Tara Chevrestt is a deaf woman, aviation mechanic, and dog mom. She loves vintage clothes and period dramas and wishes she could time travel. You’ll never see her without her Kindle or a book within reach. As a child, she would often take a flashlight under the covers to finish the recent Nancy Drew novel when she was supposed to be sleeping.

She no longer writes books, but you can still read her