Start by marking “Find Me Where the Water Ends (So Close to You, #3)” as Want to Read:
Find Me Where the Water Ends (So Close to You, #3)

Find Me Where the Water Ends

(So Close to You #3)

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  281 Ratings  ·  39 Reviews
Lydia has been trained into a person she might have once feared: focused, fierce, deadly. Although she never wanted the life of a Montauk Project recruit, the Project has captured someone she loves - someone she'll do anything to save.

Then Lydia glimpses a world in which the Montauk Project never existed. The Project has taken so much from Lydia already, but she knows that
Published July 1st 2014 by HarperTeen

To ask other readers questions about Find Me Where the Water Ends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Find Me Where the Water Ends

Heather (Heather Hearts Books) Kilpatrick
4.5 HEARTS on www.heatherheartsbooks.com

I stumbled across Rachel Carter's So Close to You trilogy pretty haphazardly last summer. I hadn't read the first book in the trilogy (So Close to You), but the second book, This Strange and Familiar Place, was available for autograph at BEA 2013, where I met Rachel Carter. Rachel is one of the sweetest and kindest authors I met there and still one of the nicest I've ever met. I was still a very green blogger then, but she immediately showed interest in my
Regan
Jun 09, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I'd give this book WAY more stars if I could.

First of all, BEAUTIFUL cover. I love it. It was my iPod background for like what? 9 months? I never get tired of looking at it. Second of all, Lydia and Wes. Oh my goodness. I'm speechless. My heart ached for them, and just LOVED them together. This book pulled all three books together, jammed in more information, and quintupled the amount of feelings, romance, action, and happiness. The book ended in a way that leaves me happy and pleased but able
Dark Faerie Tales
Oct 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Review courtesy of Dark Faerie Tales

Quick & Dirty: The perfect ending to a magnificent series. This is a young adult sci-fi series you will not want to miss!

Opening Sentence: The dress is laid out on the bed, so dark red it looks black in the muted light of the hotel room.

The Review:

Seventeen year old Lydia Bentley never saw herself becoming a recruit for the Montauk Projects, but when they threatened the people she holds most dear in her life she agrees to do whatever they say. They keep te
Aley Rose
Mar 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is now one of my favorite series! This book was so amazing (I cried a lota few times and that's how you know it's good) for anyone who likes mysteries, romance, sci fi, or anything really you should DEFINITELY READ!!! :)
Kailey (BooksforMKs)
Oh man, this is the perfect ending to this trilogy! I was completely blown away, and read the book all in one sitting. When you don't need a bookmark, that's a sign of a good book.

The futuristic setting was very interesting, with the holograms and traffic grids for cars and computerized contact lenses. Very cool, and the perfect backdrop for more crazy missions and adventures with the Montauk Project.

The stakes are really high in this last book. Everything is on the line; Lydia's family, her re
Selena Yukino (The Lioness: hear me roar)
Rating: 4.7 stars
Kelsey
Apr 08, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: owned
A great finish to the series. I enjoyed this exciting and adventurous series. The story gets wrapped up in a satisfying way but, like any good time travel tale, leaves you imagining what would've happened if different choices had been made. I'm excited to see what Rachel Carter does next.
Mary Kay Davidson
Mar 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
target audience - YA I would say 10-16 years old

science fiction summary – Lydia Bentley is our time traveling special agent, for the top secret government Project in Montauk, New York. She is angry and confused about why she was recruited into the Project, by her heartthrob Wes. I don't want to spoil it for you, but everything works out in the end. Lydia finds a new life and a good man, even if she has to give up her future and her past.

strengths/weaknesses - This is written for our girl audien
Lauren
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Lydia has been captured and now trained by the Montauk Project as a recruit, they basically gave her no choice in the matter. As Lydia glimpses a world in which the Montauk project never existed she knows she will do everything in her power to make that a reality.

I thought that was a really good ending to the series as a whole and it wrapped up a lot of my questions from the other books. I thought Lydia became stronger in this book, there was a lot that she had to figure out for herself. I did t
Jessica
Jan 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is exactly the ending I wanted. And yet it somehow wasn’t too predictable at all. 👌🏼 As usual, I’m also super impressed by the pacing of this book. So much happened but it never felt rushed; everything got the page time it deserved. And yet I still finished it in a day?? I don’t know how that worked but I’m glad it did. Thanks for giving me the closure I needed, Rachel 💕
Alexandra Bayer
Aug 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-stars
Lydia Bentley has been forced into a position she never thought she'd be in: a recruit of the Montauk Project. The Project is holding her grandfather hostage and trading his continued existence for Lydia's cooperation. Now Lydia has been trained for time traveling and all the danger that may put her in. At the beginning of her first mission, however, she finds that one of the other participants is Wes - the boy who said he loved her but ultimately betrayed her to the Project. Lydia doesn't know ...more
Ally
May 08, 2014 rated it liked it
I said this once. I will say it again.

I hate time traveling.

So why did I read this book? Well, I already read the previous two books, so I might as well read the last one. And the last two books were pretty good, so I decided to give this book a shot. Because why not? Revealed (by Margaret Peterson Haddix) made my disliking for time traveling almost permanent, but I'm willing to make some exceptions.

Also... one more note. The girl in the cover looks very unhealthy. Her arms are way too thin! Se
Paige Bradish
Jul 25, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: wishlist
I borrowed Find Me Where The Water Ends by Rachel Carter from work and this is my honest review.

When my eyes landed on Find Me Where The Water Ends at work, I knew I needed to borrow it. This is the third book in an astonishing trilogy that I have not been able to get enough of since the first book, So Close To You came out awhile ago. A little background for the trilogy; We meet Lydia a young teenager living at home trying to understand with her grandfather how his father many years ago disappe
Dariann
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
While the ending to this series was a bit cliche, I loved it. I had to go to the library in the next town over to borrow this book, but it was well worth it. I'm sad thinking that there won't be any more additions to this series, but I'm excited to see what kind of amazing world the author creates next.
Celeste_pewter
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Find Me Where the Water Ends is that type of book that not only perfectly ties together Lydia's character arc from beginning to end, it's also the type of book that provides important (and occasionally difficult) life lessons on adulthood, and what it means to adjust to what life throws at you.

The Lydia of this book has ambitions and life goals that are very different from the Lydia of the first book, but Carter makes it very clear how Lydia has grown and evolved to this point. There is never t
Princess Bookie
Oct 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read2015
My Thoughts: Another story where I really enjoyed the first few books but then this one felt kind of slow to me. Usually its the second book in a series that is slow but the last few end books were slow for me in a few series I’ve been reading.

We are back with Lydia who is working with the Montauk Project to keep her grandfather safe. Lydia gets put on a mission with another boy and girl, and of course Wes! How nice! LOL

A lot of this one is spent out in the woods on the run trying to get away fr
Kimiko-K
Jul 21, 2014 rated it it was amazing
I was literally on the edge of my bed, computer chair, sofa and my mother's favorite plastic chair as I read and re-read through volume 2 and 3; I was hooked through & through.

I love how Carter took advantage of the different timelines and reused the characters, showing them in different eras (throwing me off sometime but that's what made this book enjoyable & unique) and the effort to stay true to the different eras to make this writing more authentic.

The vivid descriptions of the recru
Jenn
Sep 19, 2016 rated it it was amazing

Oh wow. What a wonderful ending. Lydia has become someone she never wanted to be. But she made due and it did end up helping her in the long run. There was so many revelations as to her role with the Project. That was some craziness!

Traveling to the future is mind boggling. To go there to stop something that hasn’t even happened yet. Wowzers. Being in that time period made things interesting when trying not to be noticed. To top that off seeing and learning some things from people you
Veray
Apr 19, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series and this was a great ending to it all. Lydia and Wes are back together, but they are doing things for the project and a murder is the first thing on the list. Lydia learns a lot in this book. About herself, Wes and the Project. There are many times she has to decide whether it is better to stay and try to help things be better, or to go back to the beginning and make sure none of it happens at all. In the end I think she make the best decision and even after the twists and tu ...more
Katlyn
Sep 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A Thousand Years by Christina Perri started playing when I got to the epilogue. It just set the tone for the ending so well! And now I want to cry because it's just so perfect and adorable. Lydia and Wes are trapped in the past, but they're together and happy and Mary got married and it was wonderful! I'm just so happy! This book really had an even better ending than I could have expected. It's just amazing and I love it. All of my favourite characters were featured. Now this is how you end a tr ...more
Cogito_ergo_sum
Mar 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: time-travel, sci-fi
The story had an exciting plot all the way through. The characters felt real. The writing was good (but not exceptional).

I think what is missing is that, while it was an adventurous plot, the story didn't resonate a fundamental truth within me. In other words, this book was nothing more than great entertainment. I didn't come away with learning something fundamental/groundbreaking.

This is an excellent time travel series. I recommend it.
Mrs.percyjackson
Oct 16, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Actual rating 4.5

I loved everything about this book it was great! It was action packed from the first page and i I was hooked!
Carter managed to wrap everything up so beautifully! Wes and Lydia's relationship was perfect and heart warming I loved it to say the least..however with all of that being said some events were so predictable to a point where I couldn't give the book 5 honest stars! Nonetheless I LOVED it!
Tori Palazzolo
Apr 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A great way to end a breathtaking series. There were twists and turns that I never saw coming. Some parts were so intense that I had to put the book down and take a few deep breaths to calm myself down. So amazing, it was well written, delightfully humorous at times, romantic, action packed, and filled with vivid characters both old and new. Great way to finish a spectacular series.
Elena Carpenter
Oct 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was heart felt, the romance Lydia and Wes were striving for to hold on and not lose during the time travel was suspensful! Also trying to make changes during different time of years was fantastic.
A must read if you enjoy this kind of read.
Brittany
Jan 17, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished-reading
This is a really good book I love the way the series end and how Lydia and wes end up in the 1940's and make it home I can say I hope they will be very happy and I hope mrs.carter will make a series about Lydia and wes's children.
Booklovers4life
Jan 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing
The most agony I have ever endured was waiting for this book to come out!!!! You must read this book also give it a five stars ***** it is AMAZING and if you didn't SHAME ON YOU!!!!
Jessica
The climactic end to the series!!! Please make into a movie!!!!!
Nicole
I'm not going to give this one a rating, but if I did it would be a 4.5 because I really did enjoy Lydia's story. However, I cannot support Full Fathom Five and the treatment of their authors.
Izzy Bartling
Jun 15, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This book was just amazing.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
  • The Nightworld
  • Sabotage Season (The Kicks, #2)
  • The Invisible (Brokenhearted, #2)
  • Unforgotten (Unremembered, #2)
  • Chasing Before (The Memory Chronicles, #2)
  • The Monster Within (The Monster Within #1)
  • Unravel (Linked, #2)
  • Transcendent (Starling, #3)
  • Chasing Stars (After Eden, #2)
  • The Seven Swords (Otherworld Chronicles, #2)
  • Don't Let Go (PERSEFoNE, #3)
  • Mist (Mist, #1)
  • Timestorm (Tempest, #3)
  • The Montauk Project: Experiments in Time
  • Renegade (MILA 2.0, #2)
  • Echoes of Us (The Hybrid Chronicles #3)
  • Invisible Sun (Hell's Cross, #2)
  • Shadow of the War Machine (The Secret Order #3)
I'm a young adult writer and my debut novel, So Close to You, is the start of a three book series with HarperTeen.

Also, it's about time travel. Which I love. Along with vampires, werewolves, epic Russian historical romances, and movies starring Ryan Gosling.

Please, please recommend books to me, especially YA and romance (the more obscure the better!). I'm always looking for new stories to fall in

So Close to You (3 books)
  • So Close to You (So Close to You, #1)
  • This Strange and Familiar Place (So Close to You, #2)