Start by marking “Room Service” as Want to Read:
Room Service

Room Service

3.29  ·  Rating details ·  28 Ratings  ·  9 Reviews
Although she is a bestselling author of erotic romance, Natasha Raven has never penned a sex scene. Her sister, Liza, was responsible for the sizzle in Natasha's books – until she passed away only months ago. Now Natasha must write the scenes herself. Trouble is, she hasn't a clue what to write and being a virgin doesn't help. When she is invited to speak at a conference w ...more
Published February 1st 2013 by Escape Publishing - Harlequin Enterprises Australia Pty Ltd

To ask other readers questions about Room Service, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Room Service

Lauren K
Room Service is an erotic fiction novella (10,500 words) by Australian author, Vanessa Stark released by Escape Publishing this month.

Natasha Raven is a bestselling erotic romance author who has never actually written a sex scene. In fact, Natasha is a virgin and has quite a traumatic childhood background involving a cult and the creepy Father Glen whom she was promised to marry before she escaped. Room Service is set at an Australian erotic fiction writers conference where Natasha is supposed t
Tracy Banghart
Mar 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story!! It is both sexy and sweet, and I loved the main character, Natasha. She has an incredibly interesting and poignant backstory, and Jace, the love interest, is a serious hottie! I was impressed with the character development especially, but this story also has some serious sexy (and a little fantasy fulfillment!) to it. It may be a novella, but Vanessa packs into it a novel-sized punch! If you're in the mood for a quick sexy read, give Room Service a try!
Fiona Marsden
Feb 16, 2013 rated it really liked it
A fun little read set at a Writers Conference. This is quite a short story about an erotic romance writer with a dark secret. With the help of the handsome young Room Service guy she may be able to solve her problem but of course things never work out the way you think.

The author packs quite a decent amount of emotion and backstory into such a short story and the hero is a hottie.

A couple of typos but generally the presentation is good.
Jenny Schwartz
Feb 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What a fun debut! "Room Service" is sexy -- um, yeah, you might have guessed by the cheeky cover :) It's also a lot about the joy of loving your work (writing romance), enjoying your community (romance authors and readers) and getting muddled up in life. Underneath all the fun, there are some serious issues, well handled. This novella packs a lot in -- enjoy the ride ;)
Sarah Belle
Oct 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: romance readers with a touch of sexy
Room Service was a great novella - tight, pacey and very well written. I was really impressed with the way Vanessa Stark gave such a full story, including quite in depth characterisations and plot in the space of a novella.

If you like your romances a bit sexy, then you'll enjoy this read! I look forward to reading more by Vanessa Stark!
M.A. Grant
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it
Thanks to Escape Publishing and my fellow authors there, I just began exploring the world of erotica. This novella was a great introduction for me, since it was a good balance of eroticism being pushed forward by the heroine's emotional growth. I will definitely be reading more of Vanessa Stark's work!
C.D. Reiss
Apr 20, 2013 rated it really liked it
Absolutely adorable.
I wish it had been a full novella, the potential was certainly there.
SaturNalia
Natasha is a best selling erotic author, who has never written a sex scene and is a virgin because she was raised in a cult. Her recently deseased sister penned all the sexy bits. She comes to a romance convention to run a workshop on erotic writing. Feeling like a lier and a fruad, she decided to have a one night stand to get some experience. This was a ridiculous set up and no sexy sex scene. Jace took her virginity, then spilled her secret to a room full of her peers and she took him back. Ju ...more
Mamie
Dec 28, 2013 rated it did not like it
Room service doesn't deliver
Erik
Apr 20, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »
My dream as a writer is to whisk my readers away from the real world and send them spinning into someplace new!
More about Vanessa Stark...