Start by marking “40 Days for Life: Discover What God Has Done...Imagine What He Can Do” as Want to Read:
40 Days for Life: Discover What God Has Done...Imagine What He Can Do

40 Days for Life: Discover What God Has Done...Imagine What He Can Do

4.59  ·  Rating details ·  61 Ratings  ·  18 Reviews
As America marks the 40th anniversary of the Roe v. Wade Supreme Court decision this year, abortion has become the leading cause of death in our nation and worldwide, ending the lives of more than 42 million children each year and harming millions of women and men. In the midst of this global crisis, there is new hope. Beginning with one hour of prayer in Texas in 2004, th ...more
Hardcover, First, 272 pages
Published January 28th 2013 by Capella Books (first published January 17th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about 40 Days for Life, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about 40 Days for Life

Aug 23, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: abortion
As an atheist Pro-lifer, at first, I found it hard to get into. I initially picked it up about a year ago and the religious references frustrated me so I stopped reading. I picked up where I left off a few days ago, and decided to approach it in a neutral manner,like I was studying another culture. This time I was able to get through it, though I skipped the prayers. To my surprise the book made me a little nostalgic for my time as a Christian. It was a weird feeling, one I've never felt before, ...more
Mike
Sep 01, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational and motiving! This book offers a new insight into what God is doing in the pro-life movement. Truly, as the scriptures say, it's "Not by might, and not by power, but by my Spirit, says the Lord."

The movement "40 Days For Life" is all about prayer - prayer for the unborn, prayer for the desperate mothers who have lost hope, prayer for the fathers who are also victims of abortion, prayer for the abortion workers, and prayer for our nation. Miracles upon miracles have been witnessed
Lucy Pollard-Gott
I had never read a book about abortion before; I am glad that this is the one I picked up first. It tells the story, in 40 chapters, of the 40 Days for Life peaceful 24-hour prayer vigils which are done in the public right-of-way outside abortion facilities in cities across the US and now, around the world. To me, the most important aspect of this prayerful protest is that prayers of healing are offered for everyone concerned: the unborn child, the mother (before and after, whatever the outcome) ...more
Lisa
Oct 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jesus-follower
This book really showcases the humility and integrity that I've encountered in all of my interactions with 40 Days For Life. I think the 40 Days For Life model has changed the way pro-lifers act outside abortion clinics--putting the focus on God and what HE can do, where it belongs--not just during the 2 yearly campaigns but all the time. It was very cool and encouraging to read about the beginning of this movement.
Christine
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
An amazing modern day account of God working through us here on Earth. The Bible heroes and saints can feel long ago and far away at times. This movement shows us how that same God works through the unlikely every day. It gives us voice and hope. And most importantly, voice and hope to our littlest ones in the womb, and hope and healing to their families. Read this book and you will be blessed and convicted to see what God can do through you for others!
Susan
Apr 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
The power of prayer and faith in the pursuit of pro-life. Abortion is the leading cause of death worldwide, ending the lives of 42 million children each year. In the midst of this global crisis, there is new hope in the 40 Days for Life movement.
Wannie Michelmann
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
A compilation of testimonies from Coalition for Life, with stories of ex-abortion workers, doctors, planned parenthood director, mothers who went through the ordeal of abortions and healthcare mistreatments. There are prayers for the unborn at every end of the testimonies. A good read.
Alicia
Mar 09, 2013 rated it really liked it
Although this book is meant to be a 40 day devotional, I couldn't just read one chapter a day. The stories were so inspiring and many brought tears to my eyes. Beautiful stories of ordinary people doing extraordinary things through prayer.
Kristie Racanelli
Nov 30, 2014 rated it it was amazing
The stories in this book are amazing and inspiring. I had no idea the 40 days for life was such a new thing, I just thought I hadn't heard of it until a few years ago. This gives me encouragement that we are making a difference, even if it is just one day or one person at a time.
Roger Miller
A book that in practical terms offers ways for Christians to fight for the gift of life. Great stories on how prayer has led to a difference in how to end abortion. A reminder to all Christians is the greatest weapon we have against evil is prayer.
Betsy
Jan 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Many inspiring stories happening on the sidewalks. Written to work as a devotional, but takes a lot of patience (which I didn't have) to read one day at a time.
May 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. I can't wait to pass it on to many family and friends.
Mrs.LOlnes_8Rdg
Apr 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Inspirational book for ADULTS ONLY! Students are NOT allowed to read this!
Maricar Gallardo
Jun 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: bought-this-book
This book is so inspiring and I can relate so much how God called people to serve him through pro-life movement and to save His creation.
Larry Cirignano
Feb 04, 2013 rated it it was amazing
what an inspiration. 40 chapters of 40 ordinary people doing extraordinary things.
Troy
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great book! The stories are intense and will change your way of thinking.
Dayna
Oct 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: faith
An inspirational collection of experiences from the 40 Days For Life movement. Certainly motivational and honest. Very easy to follow, an enjoyable read.
Rebecca
Apr 24, 2013
Patrick Costello
Dec 11, 2013
« previous 1 3 next »

“God Almighty, having accepted your Son’s sacrifice on my behalf, I in turn present myself to you as a living sacrifice. Thank you for deeming me holy and acceptable because of Christ’s shed blood for me. I pray that you would help me to fight the good fight and finish the race. Use me as your vessel to rescue others who are perishing. Amen.” 0 likes
“Lord, help me to be faithful and to overcome whatever challenges come my way as I seek to protect the well-being of God’s people. I pray for your continued guidance and protection. May I be steadfast, unmovable, always abounding in your work, knowing that my labor will not be in vain. Amen.” 0 likes