Start by marking “X-Treme X-Men, Vol. 2: You Can't Go Home Again” as Want to Read:
X-Treme X-Men, Vol. 2: You Can't Go Home Again

X-Treme X-Men, Vol. 2: You Can't Go Home Again

(X-Treme X-Men (2012) #2)

It's an all-new jumping on point for the dimension-hopping X-Men!

The team's mission hits home, as they land in the United States of California, birthplace of Kurt Waggoner! What happens if they can't defeat this Xavier...and what does it mean for Nightcrawler? Then, Dazzler and her team find themselves in a war against the Brood...but the dimension they've landed in is a
Published August 20th 2013 by Marvel (first published August 6th 2013)

To ask other readers questions about X-Treme X-Men, Vol. 2, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about X-Treme X-Men, Vol. 2

Nicolo Yu
Dec 23, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: collected-comics
Despite very strong writing from Greg Pak, I can already felt after reading this collection that this title was losing steam. It was as if the excellent first three issues were for nothing.
Crazed8J8
Sep 05, 2018 rated it really liked it
Awesome art, decent story. Love Dazzler as the leader!
Samantha
Sep 03, 2014 rated it liked it
Shelves: comic
I'm not really sure what's up with the Dazzler vs. Alien cover on the front of this collection.

After adoring X-Treme X-Men, Vol. 1: Xavier Must Die! I had high expectations going into this volume. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to them. The first volume was fast paced but stream-lined and had some really interesting character development happening. In comparison, this volume was disjointed and I found myself confused about what exactly was going on in several parts.

This collection starts out
Gianfranco Mancini
Molto bella la storia del "caporale Summers". Disegni orribili.
Jason
Oct 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
Cool characters, with nice alterant versions of marvel characters and nice art, not a bad book at all
Jessica Robinson
Nov 27, 2017 rated it liked it
Now I actually loved the two volumes of this short-lived series because it's pure X-Men from beginning to end, with lots of space travel, evil robots, and alternate realities (complete with an alternate version of Wolverine who is a cowboy that's in a loving relationship with an alternate version of the god Hercules). Plus it stars Dazzler in a series of glamtastic rocker outfits. However I have to ding this pretty hard because unless you'd been reading the X-Men comics around this time (or had ...more
Nate
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Oh boy does volume two of this series get convoluted. There is a large gulf between alternate versions and multiple versions of main stream X-men and other than the multiple, alternate Xavier's that are the villains throughout this series the second Dazzler doesn't add much to the narative. On the whole I'd say I liked this series and the alternate Hercules is an all time great plot devise but it fell off from the first volume.
C
Jul 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Continuing the great x-read of 2017/18...

Basically, read my review of volume 1.

I am shocked, though, at how much I enjoyed this series and truly surprised that it didn't find an audience at the time. If you were a fan of the early Exiles comic, you owe it to yourself to check out this series.
Tundextra
Dec 23, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: x-men-books
An Exiles style vehicle giving Dazzler, with Sage a leading role over the likes of Xavier-head, Cap James Howlett and boyfriend from his reality Hercules, a black Cyclops, Kurt Waggoner etc. The series gets a bit monotonous in Vol. 2 with find Bad-Xavier - repeat pattern. 4 out of 12!
David
Aug 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: comic-books
The top-notch X-story continues! And the story gets even better and better.

If a title was doomed from the start, it would probably sound a lot like this one. A) Disco diva, Dazzler leads an X-team on a mission through the multi-verses to save all of creation. B)Tie it into a middling, unnecessary, Age of Apocalypse sequel series. C) Hire one good artist, Araujo, and a raft of terrible artists in co-illustration cores. It should not work. Not at all.

It's writer Greg Pak's amazing talent for sto
Shannon Appelcline
Kurt Waggoner (6-7). This is a cool story because it helps the X-Treme X-Men to gel as a team and because it gives us great insight into this Kurt's character. A few twists and turns along the way help to keep things interesting [7+/10].

You Can't Go Home Again (7.1). Alison's homecoming is nicely bitter sweet. It's cool to see 616 presented as another broken Earth thanks to recent events. Beyond that, brood are cool [7/10].

Dazzler vs. Dazzler (8-9). This could have offered great insight into Ali
Chris Lemmerman
An interesting collection of stories that twist the Exiles idea nicely.

We open with a two part arc on Kurt Waggoner's world which is quite depressing, before moving into the Point One issues which is fairly forgettable.

The next four issues are the best of the bunch, with fun characters and a genuinely worrying cliffhanger ending.

What drags this volume down is the artwork. Whilst Paco Diaz, Andre Araujo, and Stephen Segovia all range from passable to perfect, Raul Valdez' contributions are sketch
Nadia
May 21, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mutants
Everything that was good in the first volume totally solidifies here and gets even better. The plotting gets cracky-er, which is a good thing. That's the main reason that I compared this to Nextwave but they're otherwise pretty different books, like the characters here are supposed to be actual people and not meta-archetypes and a string of jokes, though there are also jokes. This Dazzler is closest to the Dazzler I loved in her very first X-Men appearances, the version in her own book and in la ...more
B
Feb 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: borrowed, westend
In many ways, feels like it's killing time for the big "reveal" at the end of the book.

Conversations about who should lead the team founder on the missing knowledge that "616" Earth is special. At some point, I wonder if that could be explained in a satisfying story. I mean, the answer is Kirby, Lee, Ditko, Simon, &c. So I guess . . . no?

Still new "enough" dimension hopping hijinx and sci-fi stuffs to keep it going while you wait for what was more or less obvious since issue 1.

Will Robinson Jr.
Oct 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Not Bad!!! This by far the strangest of all the X-men books that Marvel is putting out. If you are looking for an unpredictable X-men comic this is a good one. The civil war era black Scott Summers is especially interesting.
Renata
Dec 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was debating between 4 and 5 stars and then I remembered Unicorn Xavier with Cupcake Guns and I knew in my heart that this is a 5-star book.

Sometime I will show you all the rating rubric of my heart, but until then, that's pretty much all I have to say about this.
Nazary
Apr 22, 2014 rated it really liked it
x-tremely fun and just a touch insane. Exactly what comics should be
A M
Sep 02, 2015 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this series, sad it didn't run longer.
Courtney Hodowsky
Colee B
rated it it was ok
Jun 22, 2015
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Greg Pak is an award-winning Korean American comic book writer and filmmaker currently writing "Mech Cadet Yu" for BOOM and “Totally Awesome Hulk" and "Weapon X" for Marvel Comics. Pak wrote the "Princess Who Saved Herself" children's book and the “Code Monkey Save World” graphic novel based on the songs of Jonathan Coulton and co-wrote (with Fred Van Lente) the acclaimed “Make Comics Like the Pro ...more

X-Treme X-Men (2012) (2 books)
  • X-Treme X-Men, Vol. 1: Xavier Must Die!