Start by marking “Truly Free (Turning the Tide #4)” as Want to Read:
Truly Free (Turning the Tide #4)

Truly Free

(Turning the Tide #4)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  12 ratings  ·  5 reviews
How can she help them all find freedom from the past? When Betsy's beloved grandfather dies in suspicious circumstances she is determined to find out the truth about his final hours. Even when she uncovers long held secrets in his past, she holds onto her belief in his goodness. But the journey to truth reveals issues in her own family and that of her father, from whom she ...more
Published March 1st 2013 by Even Before Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Truly Free, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Truly Free

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Paula Vince
This is another absorbing colonial read, but unlike the 3 which came before it, this one won't stand alone. I'd recommend that you read at least Tangled Secrets to get the most out of this one.

This story focuses on Betsy, the niece of Beth from the previous book. (Yep, there are two Elizabeths, often in the same scene, but I didn't find it at all confusing). Betsy is the daughter of Nipper and Maria. She's a 29-year-old wife and mother who leaves her family for a short time to look i
Omega Writers
May 10, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
From our CALEB reviewers:

(1)
Set in New South Wales in the turbulent days of the mid-1800s, Betsy is determined to discover the truth about her grandfather’s unusual and untimely death. Her journey of discovery reveals much more than she ever expected. Read about how families were tormented and split by the religious bigotry of the time and how others were ruined by the greed for gold and the corruption of many of those in positions of power.

Carol Preston’s early Aus
Ruth Bonetti
Jun 16, 2015 rated it liked it
It helps to have read the previous book(s) and though I had done so, after a period of time I confess I got lost in the conversational back story. So it took me time to relate to this. But Carol Preston has again captured the colonial era with her family insights.
Michelle
Apr 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
This one didn't grab my attention like the others in the Turning the Tide series. I read with expectation that I would soon be gripped ... but it just didn't happen. I found the storyline to be quite predictable and in general the novel was slow.
Wendy
Nov 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Wendy by: Goodreads Giveaways
Carol Preston's "Truly Free" which I won from Goodreads Giveaways is a poignant historically-based novel with a strong message about faith and begins with the mysterious death of William (Bill) Nipperess, a farmer living on the outskirts of Walbundrie, New South Wales. Woven into a story about impaired family relationships, the destructiveness of lies, pretentiousness, greed and a probable murder are elements of hope, faith, redemption and love.

The story opens when Betsy Franks trave
Rosanna
Brandy
Eva Gerus
Australian Christ...: April fiction discussion 7 21 Jun 23, 2013 09:32PM
Carol was born in Lithgow, NSW in 1948, and moved to the Illawarra at the age of five. In 1967 she married Neil Preston in Wollongong, where their two children, Tammy and Adam were born. Carol returned to study in 1976, and completed a PhD at Wollongong University in 1986, publishing numerous academic articles in psychological journals during that time. She had a counselling practice for 20 years ...more

Turning the Tide (4 books)
  • Mary's Guardian (Turning the Tide, #1).
  • Charlotte's Angel (Turning the Tide, #2)
  • Tangled Secrets (Turning the Tide, #3)