Start by marking “God Doesn't Write with a Pen: Marked for Death, Separated by War; A true Story of Undaunted Faith and Mighty Miracles” as Want to Read:

Guinea-Bissau, West Africa, is war-torn and chaotic after the election of 1994. The Fangamou family are ripped apart and are forced to flee for their lives, not knowing if they'll ever see each other alive again. This incredible true story recounts the Fangamous' amazing journey of hardships, miracles, reunion, and life-altering experiences to help us recognize the tender ...more
Published June 11th 2013 by Cedar Fort, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about God Doesn't Write with a Pen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about God Doesn't Write with a Pen

Shauna
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Words cannot express the amazing journey of this man and his family.

Heart-touching, and sometimes heart-wrenching, you will find yourself being amazed at the story that this book tells.

A story of Blema and Fatoumatou and their family.

You will read and wonder and feel like surely this cannot be true...for you will read of a life journey so truly different from your own.

But this is a true story...a true story of a West African family who must live through some pretty terrifying moments.

A family wh
Summer Larson
I love biographies so I jumped at the chance to go to the book launch when my sister offered me tickets, I didn't know anything about the book but my son and I ended up sitting next to Blema and his family who were so likeable we bought the book before the presentation even began. Their story was heartbreaking (and too familiar) but their faith in the face of unsurmountable obstacles and occasional discouragement was incredibly inspiring. One phrase Blema used in his speech kept running through ...more
Angie
Jun 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Amongst all of the problems, grief and pain happening in the world today, what a refreshing reminder that God is there for us if we believe and have pure faith in Him.

What a wonderful book on faith, God, miracles, family, dedication, service and friends.

Sister Pauline has captured a story here that could certainly some day be made into a beautiful motion picture.

Follow the journey of the Fangamou family as they leave their poverty stricken, violent country of West Africa to move to the beautiful
Melanie
Aug 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Click HERE to enter a giveaway on my blog where you can win a copy of this as an e-book--goes through August 22, 2013.

One day, without warning, life completely changed for the Fangamou family. Blema was working as a pharmacist and soldiers with guns came into his store. They had been sent to kill him since he was accused of selling medicine to the rebels. He tried to argue that he didn't know who he was selling to but they weren't there to listen to him. The first miracle was that he got out ali
JoAnn
Aug 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
First, let me paraphrase 2 Corinthians 3:3 to introduce you to this amazing, true story.

God doesn't write with a pen . . . "not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart."

This scripture speaks volumes as Christi touches the heart of the reader when she takes us on an incredible journey of faith, trials and miracles in the life of the Fangamou family.

Blema is torn away from his family when extreme violence, power struggles and civil
Michelle
Jun 15, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I can't wait to read this book. Went to the Book launch night and met his family, the author and many prominent figures that played a role in this families life. I cried through the short synopsis of the book so I will probably need a whole box for the book! If you want a copy they will be at Deseret Book (overland) on June 29th. 1/2 the proceeds go to help medical clinic back in Africa!

Well I have finished the book and was grateful for the opportunity to read about this families life experience
Michelle
Jul 09, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Blema and Fatoumatou are amazing people with amazing faith. I love reading stories about refugees and their incredible experiences, resilience and hope. This book was especially fun because Blema and Fatoumatou were resettled to Boise.
Kristen
Jul 18, 2013 rated it really liked it
An amazing journey of two determined souls who exhibit strength and integrity. How blessed we are to read their experience and feel gratitude for the gifts and blessings we have been given.
Allie Hilton
Jul 14, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book is a personal favorite and I read it almost as dutifully as I do scripture.Definitely worth reading.
Grace
Aug 13, 2013 rated it really liked it
First off, this book is not written by a professional author so it sometimes feels a little forced and stilted. But look beyond the quality of the writing to the content. This is a wonderful story of faith, endurance and hope. A book of the impact of violence and war on families and the eternalness (is that a word?) of families. I was drawn to the book by the title because it seemed so meaningful to me. The book uses the phrase in this way - God doesn't write things with a pen, but on the tables ...more
Heidi
What a powerful story! This sort of story always reminds me how lucky I am to live where I do. The Fangamou family faces a lot of hardship in this story coming as they do from a country torn apart by war. Forced to flee, Blema heads to a refugee camp hoping to find a way to eventually reunite with his family. Meanwhile, his wife and six children are also forced to flee after being robbed of everything they own. His wife is pregnant and has been savagely attacked. Forced to deal with everything f ...more
Martha Meyers
Aug 31, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This is a wonderful story about a family who now lives in our stake, the Boise Idaho stake. They originally lived in Guinea-Bissau in west Africa, but because of war/rebels the family was split apart. They had tremendous faith that God would help them, and you will want to read the book to see how it all works out. :)

The story is wonderful, but the writing isn't always wonderful. The author is not a professional author, so keep that in mind.
Sep 06, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
Author Christi Lynn Pauline shares the story of Blema and Fatoumatou Fangamou in this amazing and inspirational biography. It is also a story of determined faith. Sometimes sad, sometimes heartbreaking, it is always hopeful. The best part about this book is the strong faith in God that has seen the family through their tragedy and triumph.
Kristi
Feb 12, 2014 rated it really liked it
This was a quick read and interesting true story of a man living in a refuge camp in Africa. I don't totally understand the culture and had a hard time relating to some of the decisions the main character makes regarding his family. Fascinating though.
Tom
Aug 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: first-reads
I received a free copy of this book through Goodreads First Reads. It is a remarkable story of the capacity of the human spirit for survival. It also a testimony for the hope that comes from a strong faith.
Karen
May 26, 2013 added it
Very interesting to read the background story of an amazing family we have come to know and care about.
Erika Carpenter
Apr 16, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Very touching story
Heather
Feb 08, 2014 rated it really liked it
What an awesome story of faith. It gave me such appreciation for my own trials.
Faye
Mar 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A very hear warming story and to think it is going on today. Yes God does send us miracles if we just watch for them !
Charity
Jan 31, 2016 rated it liked it
I enjoyed this incredible true story and the fact they end up in my city. It was a tiring read due to all their trials and the strength required of them in every aspect of their lives.
Janna
Sep 22, 2013 rated it liked it
Remarkable true story of a refugee family from Guinea-Bissau who ended up in Boise, told in a book sorely in need of a good editor.
Danni
Sep 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
I liked this book. It was about war, but every page was full of hope, and peace. amazing.
Barbara