Start by marking “Triathlon For Beginners” as Want to Read:
Triathlon For Beginners

Triathlon For Beginners

Are you thinking about getting into triathlon or doing your first race? Have you finished a couple of races and are keen to improve your time?

Do you find the whole sport daunting and confusing? Are you a little intimidated by everybody else who looks like they know what they are doing?

This easy to understand and insightful book is packed with practical ways you can improve
Published August 6th 2012 by Triathlon Success (first published July 8th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Triathlon For Beginners, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Triathlon For Beginners

Start your review of Triathlon For Beginners
Tara
Apr 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great information, lots of great realistic tips on what to expect for race day and how to train. The chapter on nutrition had a lot of detail, though I disagree with some of it based on my own experience with endurance sports. Covered topics I wouldn't have expected a "how-to" guide to cover, and well. There were a lot of grammar and punctuation mistakes, though, which is why it's not 5 stars. As someone who edits daily for work and has a strong understanding of proper writing, these simple mist ...more
Jan 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Easy to follow, informative

I'm new to racing and wanted to get more familiar with the sport. This book has been so helpful. It's easy to read and follow. The information is digestible without being too hard to take in all at once. I appreciate that. I feel like I have a better grasp on what to do and expect going into my next race.
Kaneicia Brown
Nov 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good read

Robust coverage of trip rep. Will definitely use this once I’m cleared to run! I wish he would given samples of what he or other beginners have done (like a sample training program)
Dianne
Jan 02, 2020 rated it really liked it
This book is great for triathlon beginners. It has lots of information and guidance from the starting training right the way thru to race day. I really recommend this book to anyone thinking of entering their first triathlon
Daniel Bryan
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Full of great information! Ready to start the journey.
Lesa
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Read it. This was a great introduction for me as I signed up for a tri in August of next year. However, it really didn't give me as much as I wanted by way of a training program.
Josh
Jun 07, 2018 rated it liked it
Good read for starter book

Good read for a starter book. A little light on the specifics but good intro. The plan and heart rate is key.
Javier
Dec 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Basic book for those who want to start in the triathlon world
Dave Roberts
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am reviewing the book Triathlon Training For Beginners by Dan Golding which is a very good book. I read this book because I thought it would help me with dietary and fitness advice. I think it is important to make the most of your situation and circumstances. Triathlon especially in the form of the horrendous ironman challenges are the ultimate test of endurance being even more gruelling than a marathon. The triathlon is a test of running, swimming and cycling over enormous distances. I think ...more
James Calthorpe
Mar 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Concise, clear and thoroughly enjoyable read. I have been thinking about doing triathlon for many years and this book is just what I needed to get going. I have now had the courage to book my first triathlon and shall keep this book handy as a valuable guide.
Easy to read, informative and really helpful.
Silvia Hajas
Feb 17, 2014 rated it liked it
It was ok. Didn't blow me away. Maybe I got 10% value. It was entitled for beginners and he included info for seasoned triathletes. I really needed the dummies version for my first Tri.
Burak Ozdaryal
May 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: sports, non-fiction
It was a great introduction. It covered all the basics just as I needed it. Can't be much help for an experienced triathloner.
Steve harrington
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book. Simple to understand and delivers what it says it does. If you are getting into triathlon then check it out well worth the money.
Jamie
Dec 29, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a pretty basic book, but I used many tips from the book for my first tri! The author also used humor throughout the book, which was a pleasant surprise for a training guide
Katy Jean Vance
Apr 10, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2013, health
Well, I don't feel like I learned that much, and I do feel like I got a bit ripped off. Anyone have a good recommendation for a triathlon book?
Alicia
May 30, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Good start for a beginner

I found this book helpful in training for my first tri. Since I am new to the sport I just wanted something easy to read.
joseph little
Peter Carey
Jul 18, 2016
unknown
Jan 17, 2019

• Operation Ironman: One Man's Four Month Journey from Hospital Bed to Ironman Triathlon
  • The Triathlete's Training Bible
  • Triathlon Nutrition Foundations: A System to Nail your Triathlon Race Nutrition and Make It a Weapon on Race Day
  • 80/20 Triathlon: Discover the Breakthrough Elite-Training Formula for Ultimate Fitness and Performance at All Levels
  • The Five Minute Journal: A Happier You in 5 Minutes a Day
  • How Bad Do You Want It?: Mastering the Psychology of Mind Over Muscle
  • Swim Smooth: The Complete Coaching Programme for Swimmers and Triathletes
  • Triathlon Bike Foundations: A System for Every Triathlete to Finish the Bike Feeling Strong and Ready to Nail the Run with Just Two Workouts a Week! (Triathlon Foundations Book 2)
  • Iron War: Dave Scott, Mark Allen, & the Greatest Race Ever Run
  • Triathlon Swimming Foundations: A Straightforward System for Making Beginner Triathletes Comfortable and Confident in the Water (Triathlon Foundations Book 1)
  • Triathlon Running Foundations: A Simple System for Every Triathlete to Finish the Run Feeling Strong, No Matter Their Athletic Background
  • Brave Enough (Brave Enough, #1)
  • En attendant Bojangles