Start by marking “Noah's Ark” as Want to Read:
Noah's Ark

Noah's Ark

Alex Latham had the perfect existence.
He had a loving family, a beautiful child and a successful career.
Then came the darkness.
When the darkness came, there was nowhere to hide. People ran, but they could not escape. The darkness came and the darkness took them away.
Except for one.
Alex thought that he was all that was left.
He was wrong.
NOAH'S ARK
Paperback, 1st edition, 282 pages
Published January 18th 2013 (first published January 1st 2013)

Start your review of Noah's Ark
Lisa Reads & Reviews

Noah's Ark should be enjoyed with the mind's visualization eye, like a graphic novel. Fun elements abound -- mutant zombies who are coordinated and quick moving, Matrix-like cyberspace adventures, and tension enough to keep the reader turning pages -- all wonderful. I enjoyed the imaginative plot, which was a fresh mixing of technology with horror film nail biting. I "watched" the action in movie form, as though it were a storyboard or script. For such accomplishments alone, I would rate the nov
Amy
This book has potential with a good editor who is willing to ask the hard questions like, "Why are you waxing poetic about flushing a toilet?"; "Why did you spend 5% of the novel telling which buttons to press on the computer?"; and "Does a guy named Noah ever show up?" It's an interesting apocalyptic story within a story within a story. It's got plague, psychosis, virtual reality, and outer space. Those could add up to an interesting story. And the writing was very good and engaging for long st ...more
Michelle Hofacker
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: everyone
Recommended to Michelle by: Andrew Morgan

This book has to be the best apocalypse thriller I have read so far. I loved it. As soon as I started reading it I could not put it down. There is so much going on that will grab you and keep you on the edge of your seat. There is action, thrills, scary parts, mysteries, romance and not just one apocalypse, but you get multiple!! How awesome is that??
The imagery and detail is incredible. It is almost like watching a movie they are so clear. For me, I know it's great when my favorite character
Tony Laplume
Apr 10, 2013 rated it liked it
Noah's Ark is essentially The Matrix without the machines. It's the story of a creator of a technology that allows the consciousness of individuals to be downloaded into a simulated environment in the event of an apocalyptic event.

What's interesting and perhaps frustrating for the reader is that the author phrases everything as if staging a TV show. I happen to like short chapters, but the author uses them with cliffhanger endings that aren't necessarily picked up. Another interesting choice is
Bailey
Oct 31, 2013 rated it really liked it
I originally received a copy of this book from Goodreads First Reads and would like to say thank you for the opportunity to read and review this book.

Noah's Ark was such an interesting science fiction/horror read. The idea was ultimately intriguing as well as executed in a satisfactory manner through various ways. The two characters, Alex Latham and Michael Beecham, were both fascinating to read about. These two men were brought together and have been given the task to save mankind before we bec
Peter Laurent
Feb 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Excellent SciFi

UPDATE: The author has since revised the edition of this book, fixing the punctuation, clunky sentences and improving the narrative overall. I now highly recommend it to all readers. Enjoy!

Andrew J. Morgan's debut novel, Noah's Ark, is the story of two men, an extraordinary one living an ordinary life, and an ordinary one living an extraordinary life. Or so we are led to believe. Despite the title, this is Science Fiction, and not a Christian-based story.

Andrew infuses the story w
Nikki
Aug 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
This is a very Matrix-like storyline, just trade the machines for mutant zombies who coordinate their efforts and hide in the shadows. This isn’t a novel I can describe without giving away important plot twists. You will just have to take my word for it, this novel is an amazing new post-apocalypse/science fiction/horror. “Noah’s Ark” is Andrew J. Morgan’s debut novel.

For those who might be confused, this novel is not a Christian-based story despite the title.

Morgan does an amazing job keeping
Mike Nemeth
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Andrew J. Morgan briefly sets a the scene this book reminiscent of H.G. Wells' 1906 "In the Days of the Comet." Like Wells, Morgan initially offers few clues as to what's actually going on, letting his prose unravel the plot. But Morgan puts the story in hyperdrive soon thereafter and pushes the reader forward at a somewhat breakneck pace. His two main characters, Michael and Alex, appear unremarkable but are stuck in situations that would make anybody reassess everything he or she has experienc ...more
Matt
May 02, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
A really good story that at first was a little confusing until more of it got explained. At first it jumped between two characters and what seemed like different times (at one point the character's wife and kid are dead and then they seemingly are not) and it was a little confusing to figure what was going on. Once more of the story is revealed it all makes sense and the story gets into gear. I really enjoyed the second half of the book (first half was ok, but i got tired of the jumping back and ...more
Alexander Yakovlev
May 13, 2013 rated it did not like it
I didn't finish this book and this is my "review in process".

The writing is purple. It's so purple that early on, a man goes to pee and it goes on for two long paragraphs in a way so detailed you'd think the author had a childhood accident with this liquid.

And the structure is deliberately incomprehensible. I've got myself on 9th chapter: I still don't know what this is all about. There is no plot, there is no certain storyline. It's just a series of mixed fragments none of which is interesting
April robinson
Dec 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ok a great book, loved this book, such a good read, the words just rolled off the pages. I recommend this book to anyone who wants a good read !! cant wait for the next !!
Caleb Blake
Sep 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review is cross-posted from Papyrus Independent Author Reviews (http://papyrus.calebblake.net/2013/11/13/noahs-ark-by-andrew-j-morgan/)

Alex Latham is hiding – from what, he doesn’t understand. Why – he doesn’t know. The streets are empty, but still dangerous and time seems to be running out, for him and for the Ark.

The world of Noah’s Ark is a multi-layered one, but it takes a while for the author to start peeling the onion. The reader is presented with an environment as familiar as the sub
Eddie
Jun 11, 2013 rated it liked it
Dave Farmer
May 12, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you don't fancy reading my entire review then I'll cut to the chase right now - this is a damn good read, entertaining with a rich assortment of ideas, twists, characters and stunning visuals.

It starts very well, amazing in fact. The opening scenes with Alex are beautifully descriptive and Morgan's writing is effective in engaging my senses and keeping the pages turning.

Until the flow gets going there is a disjointed feeling, not knowing quite who I was supposed to be following. Part of me t
B.P. Gregory
May 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Give me the short version: Uploading humanity's battered survivors to a virtual world fails to go as well as hoped.

Back when I was studying archaeology my lecturer was fond of trumpeting this one golden catchphrase: Always know where your money's coming from. As we find in Noah's Ark, the same applies quite well when you're poking around in the human mind.

I would have perhaps fancied a touch of harder science; but on the other hand one of my favourite experiences is to be dropped into a world wi
Jonel
Mar 22, 2013 rated it really liked it
I just finished the re-released version of this novel and definitely must say that the plot twists and holes in the characters have been worked out! I definitely enjoy the new version much more!

This novel was extremely frightening in its possibilities. You can see how it could happen and you can imagine what it could cause. It was very trippy and disconcerting, but in such a way that you wanted to find out what was going on and what was going to happen.

The beginning of this novel jumps all over
Sarah-Jayne Briggs
May 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
(This review may contain spoilers).

I really didn't know what was going on with this book at first, but it did leave me wanting to find out more of what was going on. I thought that both plots worked really well on their own - but after Alex and Michael joined up, I noticed there was a lot of POV switching.

Some of the descriptions in the book were really good - particularly when Michael was going into the virtual world. I liked the character and I thought the book was very well-written, though I
Anna Boyd
Jul 02, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was given a copy of this book to review by the author.

I am not going to go into the book to much, but I can say that overall, I did enjoy it. It took a while to get going, but once I did I was able to finish it.

It was a good story, not entirely unique, but unique enough that I didn't find it repetitive of other stories I've read. It had a zombie type feel to it, without the brain eating aspect. I liked where the author took it. I cannot say I was 100% surprised by the ending, but I wasn't sure
Jason Purdy
Apr 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Noah's Ark, for me, was quite hard to get in to. It's very well written, and tells a compelling story, but the narrative switching back and forward between each chapter for me, achieved the opposite affect of what the author intended, I think. It takes a long time for the connections to become apparent between the two, and while you wait for that to happen, you might find yourself struggling to find a place in the world of either character.

Each chapter ends with a cliffhanger that sort of become
Vrinda Pendred
Jul 26, 2013 rated it liked it
Shelves: indie-writers, sci-fi
I was deeply involved in the first 25% of this book and highly intrigued to know just what was going on. Then the explanation of Noah's Ark hit, and I was excited about that too. Unfortunately, about halfway through, it just seemed to devolve into a fairly standard story I've read so many times before and seen in countless films already. There was nothing wrong with it - it was written well - it just lost my interest then. And the 'twist' at the ending...I was confused because I thought the auth ...more
Annie Harmon
Apr 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I know I should have taken stars off for editing, but I don't read for typos, I read for entertainment. The first chapter wasn't giving me that, but first chapters are notorious for slow starts, so I continued on. The second chapter took my breath away. The writing style was so visual, but also so clear- none of those long winded descriptions that feel so forced. I have to admit it felt like the first chapter and the second had been written by two different people- chapter two read like it was w ...more
Lee Petersen
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Well firstly I should say thanks as I was lucky enough to get my hands on a free copy from the author otherwise I'm not sure I would have come across it otherwise.

The start of the book was a little confusing as the story is being told from two people's timelines, however all things fell neatly into place when you learnt character names and realised this.

There are some slow moments in the book and there are some really tense moments in the book, not to mention the damn right creepy! The story i
SueAnn Crawford
Aug 28, 2013 rated it really liked it
Very entertaining, full of intrigue, action; everything you'd want in a sci fi. The storyline was very interesting, the characters well drawn. The only thing was that I felt like something was missing when I finished the book, and some portions should have been re-interated at times so that I wouldn't feel like I was missing details from the characters' beginning lives that tied the story together towards the middle and end. I mean to re-read the beginning to see if it satisfies my need for the ...more
❤Marie Gentilcore
Mar 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
A brilliant book which I enjoyed very much! Science fiction, suspense, intrigue; it was very entertaining. The story is great with lots of twists and turns and it kept my interest throughout the book. There were many nights when I didn't want to stop reading but I had to force myself so I could get some sleep. Highly recommend. I received an e-copy of this book from the author but I would have gladly paid for this book and I look forward to more from Mr. Morgan.
Peter Dixon
Mar 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2013
Noah's Ark rattles along at breakneck pace, is full of cliffhangers and does not ease up on the tension until well into the second half. You start reading the story expecting it to be one thing and it turns out to be something else entirely. Just don't read any other reviews on goodreads until you've read the book - several of these reviews give away significant plot points or details about characters, and if you're going to get the most out of this book, you need to avoid the spoilers!
Jett Cat
Apr 24, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow, well written! I burned through this wild ride today and feel really good about recommending it to any alternate reality, mystery, action buffs out there. The pacing was fantastic and i just couldn't put it down, cause I just had to know!

Great concept, the first few pages may seem a bit disjointed, but trust me, power through and it will be well worth it!

Keep an eye out for this author!
Josh Meadows
May 05, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
On the whole, I liked this book. Conceptually, the novel is very strong -- the reader is drawn into the universe almost immediately from the mystery of the initial narrative.

The book is weakest, however, in its general characterization. I simply could not bring myself to care about the fortunes and misfortunes of the protagonists, though they were well written.

In the end, the strong plot makes this a recommended read.
Donna
May 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This story left me just thinking "Wow! the possibilities!" It starts off telling what's going on with two characters who seem to have nothing in common, then gradually begins to link them in a third storyline. The climax of the story is bite-your-nails suspenseful, and them BAM! The end of the story is a total surprise! I hope this story continues. I'd love to know what happens next!
Chris
Jan 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book was definitely different. The mingling of the virtual world with the real world sometimes leaves you wondering just where you are. There are a lot of twists and turns in the book and the ending was surprising to me but still left some questions I had to be answered. All in all it was a good read and I'd recommend it to anyone.
Iain Gray
May 04, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle
Enjoyed the book, agree with others that there is a matrix feel to it. The science behind this is not too far fetched, and it is well written and edited. It also has a J.C. Hutchins 7th son feel to it. But, read and enjoy.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
UK Amazon Kindle ...: Andrew Morgan 1 5 Dec 06, 2013 11:49AM
Apocalypse Whenever: (*closed* Paperback WINNERS!) June Giveaway #1: Noah's Ark by Andrew Morgan (all can win ebook!!) 53 75 Sep 15, 2013 11:52AM
Making Connections: 1650. NOAH'S ARK by Andrew J. Morgan 2 15 Sep 09, 2013 09:27PM
Apocalypse Whenever: Noah's Ark free eBook 10 60 Aug 17, 2013 11:21PM
SciFi and Fantasy...: Noah's Ark free eBook 7 30 Aug 17, 2013 11:45AM
Dystopia Land: Noah's Ark free eBook 13 21 Aug 16, 2013 02:32PM
Book Club: Noah's Ark free eBook 11 25 Aug 16, 2013 02:09PM

• Another World
  • The Jupiter Catastrophe: Hard Science Fiction (Ice Moon Book 5)
  • My Sweet Satan
  • The Event (The Survivors, #1)
  • Colony One Mars (Colony Mars #1)
  • Blue Hope (Red Hope, #2)
  • The Rift: Hard Science Fiction
  • Genesis (Extinction Point Book 4)
  • The Door: Science Fiction Mystery
  • 3zekiel
  • The Triton Disaster
  • Thicker than Water (DCI Logan Crime Thrillers, #2)
  • RED HOPE: 5th Anniversary Edition
  • Winter World (The Long Winter, #1)
  • UFO Down: A Sci-Fi Mystery Novel
  • Seed
  • Terradox
  • Extinction Point: Kings
If you would like to find out more about my work, please visit: http://www.andrewjamesmorgan.com ...more