Start by marking “Mort Morte” as Want to Read:
Mort Morte

Mort Morte

On my third birthday, my father, in an attempt to get me to stop sucking my thumb, gave me a gun.

“Today son, you are a man,” he said, snatching the little blue binky from my little pink hand.

So I shot him.

So begins Mort Morte, a macabre, coming-of-age story full of butchered butchers, badly used Boy Scouts, blown-up Englishman, virginity-plucking cheerleaders, and many
Published January 10th 2013 by Vagabondage Press

To ask other readers questions about Mort Morte, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Mort Morte

Start your review of Mort Morte
Montzalee Wittmann
Interesting and strange

Mort Morte is a satire on many strange things in life made into a long story. If you have a bizarre mind, see things a bit weird at times, have an odd sense of humor, then you will like this book. I LIKED this book! A dark sense of humor but it was just what I needed at the time!
Joe Kovacs
Sep 02, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Readers of Jonathan Swift and black humor
Recommended to Joe by: David Henry Sterry
I have also published this book review on my blog, writeplaceblog.com. Please check it out and subscribe if you're interested in writing, or literary and horror fiction.

It's fall now and the season for amusement parks may have drawn to a close but if you're looking for one wild ride, you could do a lot worse than pick up Mort Morte by David Henry Sterry. By turns absurd, hilarious and tragic, this fairly quick read tells the story of Mordechai Murgatroyd Morte, a young man who follows his mother
Emmi Visser
Mar 12, 2013 rated it really liked it
This review was first posted on my blog here

Today I read Mort Morte by David Henry Sterry. I also took the train to a city 50 kilometers away for a meeting, came back, spent 3 hours working on a couple of Etsy orders, procrastinated with my favourite iPad game and went to the supermarket. And it’s not even 17:00 yet. Why am I mentioning all this? Because I read the whole book during the 90 minutes I spent on trains today!

So, Mort Morte is a short book and a quick read. This, however, does not
Karolyn Sherwood
May 03, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ebook, fiction
Holy mother of murder, Mort Morte! I'm thinking that David Henry Sterry ate Aesop for breakfast one day and burped this book out later that afternoon; there has to be a lesson in here somewhere, but I'm still stunned speechless so I can't quite articulate it. I think it has something to do with the medicinal qualities of tea ... Are you a fan of Beavis & Butthead? The Simpsons? Family Guy? Did you laugh when you saw/read American Psycho? If so, you're going to love this short story. And by ...more
Kim
Feb 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This book isn't going to be for everyone. It's an interesting short, black comedy, coming-of-age story centered around Mort Morte some pretty dark incidents.

FIRST IMPRESSION:
The way the book starts is pretty shocking and sets you up well for what's to come in the story. It really grabbed my attention.

THE PLOT:
Even though the story spans from Mort's early youth to teen years, the story isn't dragged out at all. The pacing is great. Like previously mentioned, the plot is a bit dark in places.

THE
Ann
Apr 30, 2013 rated it really liked it
Mordechai Murgatroyd Morte is aptly named. His formative years – between ages 3 and 16 which are chronicled in David Henry Sterry’s Mort Morte reads like Dexter visits South Park. With dark compelling illustrations by Alain Pilot it feels like an adult comic written by a repressed British poet.
The chaotic romp blasts off when Mort loses his binky in a confrontation with his father who loses considerably more. This page-turner never loses altitude as we witness Mort’s character develop in direct
Mitchell Rossi
Jul 07, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Deep within all of us lurks Mort Morte. At least, all of us have had those moments when we wish our inner Mort would step forward and do the right thing in a most brutally wrong way. It is almost sinful to enjoy this story of bullying, humiliation, and abused, but enjoy it you will. You’ll find yourself chuckling, peeking over the page top hoping no one nearby noticed, then chuckling some more.
Young Mort is a disturbed young man, but give his circumstance, who wouldn’t be? Each page reveals the
Matt Peters
Jun 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
A lyrical rollercoaster ride through the dark mind of a young serial killer.

Not so much a novel, but a post-modern fable or fairy tale about a boy who is continually abused and bullied. The plot is surreal and absurd, but somehow all too real! It reads like a drunk at a bar telling you his fucked-up life story. I was quickly sucked in and enjoyed the book on it's own terms.
John Rogers
Sep 26, 2018
Rich
Jul 10, 2018
David Henry
Feb 04, 2013 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: i-wrote
Apr 12, 2018
Nancy Jones
Sep 18, 2018
David Henry Sterry

David Henry Sterry is an author, performer, educator, activist, and a man who hasn’t worn matching socks in 20 years. David is the author of 11 books, the first of which was published in 2001. Prior to becoming an author, David was a professional actor and screenwriter.

The Essential Guide to Getting Your Book Published (aka: Putting Your Passion into Print) (Workman, 2005).