Start by marking “Oversold And Underused: Computers In The Classroom” as Want to Read:
Oversold And Underused: Computers In The Classroom

Oversold And Underused: Computers In The Classroom

3.55  ·  Rating details ·  66 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
Impelled by a demand for increasing American strength in the new global economy, many educators, public officials, business leaders, and parents argue that school computers and Internet access will improve academic learning and prepare students for an information-based workplace.
Hardcover
Published September 3rd 2001 by Harvard University Press

To ask other readers questions about Oversold And Underused, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Oversold And Underused

Joy
Jun 04, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: elearning
By examining use of computers in Silicon Valley area schools, arguably one of the most technically advanced education settings, Cuban shows us how merely providing computers in every classroom fails to accomplish much sought after teaching reform. Worse, EdTech enthusiasts tend to equate improvements in education with economic gains, thereby totally bypassing the civic and democratic mission of public education. Cuban thinks that without changing our social structures, work environments, and ass ...more
Tara Brabazon
Apr 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I have just completed my sixth reading of this book. It is an absolute classic monograph of digital dissent. Cuban has one premise: to dissolve the assumption that more technology creates better learning. In Oversold and Underused, he succeeds better than any other writer. Courageous and well written, anyone interested in online learning should start here.
Jacky
Jul 28, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: non-fiction
I had to read it for school. While a lot of it is still relevant (because many schools in the USA are about the level of the studied teachers/schools in Silicon Valley in this study). I simply did not enjoy reading it--uninteresting and overly bland.
Michelle's Book
I was given an ARC in exchange for my honest opinion. This book cover is on my Pinterest board and my blog, Michelle Dragalin’s Journey.
Jilane