Start by marking “Treasure Hunters (Treasure Hunters, #1)” as Want to Read:
Treasure Hunters (Treasure Hunters, #1)

Treasure Hunters

(Treasure Hunters #1)

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Middle School, the Worst Years of My Life and I Funny comes a brilliantly original new adventure series, jam-packed with action, humor, and heart!

The Kidd siblings have grown up diving down to shipwrecks and traveling the world, helping their famous parents recover everything from swords to gold doubloons from the bottom of
Published September 16th 2013 by jimmy patterson

F.T. Bradley
Sep 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Treasure Hunters is a book written for kids, not adults--and that is something James Patterson is known for. The premise is a bit of a stretch, but only for us adults. I can see kids, especially those into all things pirate and treasure hunting, loving this book. The pacing is brisk, the writing tight, and there's plenty of character voice to make the story come to life.

A great book for your very reluctant middle-grade readers: it's fun, has illustrations, lots of dialogue--the pages turn quick
Simona Stoica
Aug 22, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recenzia completă: http://palarisme.ro/chef/carti/recenz...

Poate că povestea a fost exagerată, dar ilustrațiile au fost geniale și am râs cu lacrimi.
Chasty
Sep 27, 2013 rated it it was amazing
This was an awsome quick read for me. I bought it for my older son and just happened to start reading the book while I was waiting on his dad. Needless to say he now has his nose stuck in it. I love being able to share an author with my teenage son. I have yet to read a book by Mr. Patterson that I didn't love. Can't wait for book two :D
Angela
Oct 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: allie-books
This is a great book for kids and parents to read to each other. Written for a young audience, the book is still a fun read for grown-ups. And the chapter lengths are manageable for out loud reading sessions.

Thank you Mr. Patterson for books to keep young readers engaged so they can grow up to be adult readers!
Liza Nahas
Sep 20, 2013 rated it did not like it
Probably some 10 year old kid who hates reading might like this, but I couldn't wait for it to end. And why make fun of the overweight child? Ugh. My 1st & last Patterson. (Still love his website to get kids reading, just not this series!)
Linda
Mar 17, 2014 rated it it was ok
My 11 year old son loved this audio-book. I disliked it so much that I refused to listen to the rest of it. I told him that I would buy the book so that he can read it. I, initially, gave it one star, but to reflect my son's admiration for the book, I upped it to two.

To me, this book encapsulates everything I don't like about youth fiction. Patterson doesn't respect his audience. The characters are poorly written. The plot is ridiculous. The kids are sarcastic.

If you are a kid, judging by both m
Mackenzie
Aug 12, 2018 rated it liked it
This book was a slow read for me. The storyline was quite choppy and the humour seemed a little forced at times, but I can see how a younger audience would find it entertaining.
Adam McGowan
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: done
John Carron
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book was really good but it was somewhat of a quick read. The book is about four kids and their mother is captured and there father disappeared. The only way they can get they Mother back is by locating a lost treasure. The four kids name's are Bick, Beck, Storm, and Tommy. Bick and Beck are twin and always get into fights called "twin tirade." Storm has a photographic memory so she remembers everything she sees or reads. Tommy is the oldest of the four and is the captain of the ship in the ...more
Jackie
Oct 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
What can I say about it. Kids losses their parents. They are not lost at sea. Recuse. Fight the bad guys. Get the treasure. Win Win Win. Read part of this book to my sixth grades. They are fighting to see who gets to read it first. I love when recommend a book to my students and fighting over it to read.
Dawn Moore
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Whew, talk about a whirlwind story! I could not put this one down. James Patterson's characters were intriguing, funny and full of personality. I loved the twins Bick and Beck and their twin tirades. I can't wait to see if there is a second book in this series!!
Carter
Oct 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really liked this book. It was fun to read. I can't wait until the next one comes out in this series.
Matt
May 27, 2014 rated it liked it
Choosing to dabble into a Patterson YA series, more to fill a little time than to compare it to some of his past works, I thought I would check out this new series. Opening the novel in an epic storm at sea, Patterson introduces the reader to four orphaned children whose father is presumed lost at sea in the aforementioned storm and whose mother is presumably being held captive in Cyprus. They must navigate their way to safety while they vow to discover the secrets left by their parents amongst ...more
Kennedyf froehlich
Dec 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book is just great. It isn't bad . It isn't okay. But it isn't awesome. It's just great. I've read this a couple times. But this book was the only book in my house I could deal with reading
Isaac
Apr 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing
It was AMAZING! It was not as action packed as Maximum Ride or some of the other series but still a great book. I love this book because, even though a little sad, it's cool that the family works together. Funny moments and funny characters and turns out a little differently than I expected.

*********SPOILER ALERT*************************************************
Just wanted to say that thier parents are CIA agents and there are lots and lots of surfer pirates.
**************************************
LenLen
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
My ten year old couldn't put this book down, which makes me excited to see. Love it when children can relate to the characters and be excited for the adventures they can accomplish in life.

Just a little side story:

It was really cold one night in my home, so I went into my sons room to make sure he was warm under the covers. I adjusted him and covered him, and I know I heard him say Treasure Hunters. I thought it was funny that he was actually dreaming about the book.
Wendy
Sep 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
A pleasant surprise from speed writer Patterson. Four siblings and their parents live on a boat searching the world for buried treasure. Things happen, including Ninja pirates and secret agents, but it held my interest to the end. Lots of illustrations for those reluctant readers and each sibling will appeal to a different type of child.
Nolan Walchuk
Jan 05, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It kept me reading for hours on end. This book is almost overly packed with action and adventure. It is so detailed that you can imagine every piece in your head. You really get to know the characters and it is different from anything I've read. I would definitely recommend this to a friend.
Erick Lopez
Mar 05, 2015 rated it really liked it
This book is an excellent, it is very interesting if you remember from the beginning of the book. This book has many clues that lead to the end of the book. That is particularly what I liked about this story. Anyways this is a good book for those who like books with pictures.
Matt B
Apr 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I like James Patterson as an author and these books make him more awesome in my oppinion so read all of his books.
Daniel Rojas
Sep 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Treasure Hunters by James Patterson is not only a great book because of its encapturing storyline, but also because of its unique, imaginative, and comedic approach to children's literature as it follows these, well, treasure hunters. The Kidd kids [Kidd is their lastname] have recently endured losing their parents. As panic ensues on their treasure hunting boat, The Lost, these kids, Storm, Bick, Beck, and Tommy are forced to get it together. Storm, Bick, Beck, and Tommy keep their incomplete f ...more
Autumn Box
Aug 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
On this adventure you do well to suspend your adult disbelief. For this book is an adventure.

James Patterson came up with a entertaining story ideal with this one. The drawings made for comic relief.

You set sail in the middle of a storm with the four Kidd kids. They must complete a treasure hunt that their father started. You will meet all kids of shady strangers and wacky characters.
Ella  Reitmeier
May 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very easy read but extremely funny! Illustrations are well done and the plot line was surprisingly entertaining. Would recommend to anyone who wants a light hearted easy read.
Luke H
Sep 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a fun and action packed book.
Toby Hodgson
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book i love it . I don't really like books so that's saying a lot
Susan
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017, juvenile
This was a really fun adventure story! While I've not read any James Patterson stories I am familiar with Chris Grabenstein's books and found his sense of humor throughout this story. Also, the illustrations were an added bonus and I found myself studying these 'where's Waldo'-type illustrations for all the stuff that was going on in them.

I enjoyed the way the family stuck together and pooled their own strengths to solve the mystery and follow the adventure trail to the treasure and the question
Joseph Linder
Mar 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Treasure Hunters was a really good book. These kids are on a boat at sea and there is a storm. Their dad was bumped off or lost and they are trying to find him.
Anna
Mar 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Coolest thing ever!
Jakob
Dec 01, 2015 rated it it was amazing
  • The Case of the Time-Capsule Bandit (Randi Rhodes, Ninja Detective, #1)
  • Nick and Tesla's High-Voltage Danger Lab: A Mystery with Electromagnets, Burglar Alarms, and Other Gadgets You Can Build Yourself
  • Spy Camp (Spy School #2)
  • Hide and Seek (Silver Jaguar Society Mysteries #2)
  • The Adventures of a South Pole Pig: A Novel of Snow and Courage
  • Life on Mars
  • It Happened on a Train (Brixton Brothers, #3)
  • The Fantastic Family Whipple
  • Smells Like Dog
  • Criminal Destiny (Masterminds, #2)
  • Ms. Rapscott's Girls
  • Fear Itself (Benjamin Pratt & the Keepers of the School, #2)
  • The Buccaneers' Code (The Very Nearly Honorable League of Pirates, #3)
  • Mr. Lemoncello's Library Olympics (Mr. Lemoncello's Library, #2)
  • The 8th Continent (The 8th Continent, #1)
  • Almost Super (Almost Super, #1)
  • The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee  (Origami Yoda, #3)
  • Thuggin In Miami (The Family Is Made : Part 1)
Official US Site
Official UK Site
JIMMY Patterson Books
ReadKiddoRead

James Patterson is the world’s bestselling author and most trusted storyteller. He has created more enduring fictional characters than any other novelist writing today, with his Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Private, NYPD Red, Daniel X, Maximum Ride, and Middle School series. He has sold over 380 million books wo

Treasure Hunters (6 books)
  • Danger Down The Nile (Treasure Hunters, #2)
  • Secret of the Forbidden City (Treasure Hunters, #3)
  • Peril at the Top of the World (Treasure Hunters, #4)
  • Quest for the City of Gold (Treasure Hunters, #5)
  • All-American Adventure (Treasure Hunters, #6)