Start by marking “Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)” as Want to Read:
Conspiracy in Death (In Death, #8)

Conspiracy in Death

(In Death #8)

4.36  ·  Rating details ·  29,933 ratings  ·  1,031 reviews
Streetwise cop Eve Dallas and her trusty sidekick Peabody face a methodical killer in this latest addition to the In Death series by J.D. Robb, better known as the bestselling author Nora Roberts. In the late 21st century, on the streets of New York City, a street sleeper is found murdered, his diseased heart removed with surgical precision. His death would typically drop ...more
Published May 27th 2004 by Little, Brown Book Group (first published 1999)

To ask other readers questions about Conspiracy in Death, please sign up.
Kerstin Polo I recommend to read them in order. There is a recurring theme about Eve's and Roarke's past that is only told bit by bit and not even in every book.

…more

The relationships and friendships develop slowly but steadily. For me the personal lives of the main cast are the most interesting reason I love the books so much.

Eve & Roarke, Eve & Peabody, Eve & Dr. Mira, those are only three couples I love to read about.(less)

·  29,933 ratings  ·  1,031 reviews

Val ⚓️ Shameless, Skanky & Bitchy  ⚓️
Love, Love, Love...

description

This one is one of my favorite from the series so far, I think.

Eve really got put through the wringer in this one and it was cool to see Roarke and all her friends close ranks around her.
Phrynne
Jul 14, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Every book in the In Death series is a five star read for me but this one is something special. So much raw emotion - Eve and I blubbered through a large part of it! Roarke comes through as the world's number one guy being everything Eve needs exactly when she needs it. And then there are all of Eve's friends and colleagues standing up for her when she is down.
This book brings together everything that is enjoyable in this series, a great story, effective police work, strong characters, a deligh
Jilly
Jul 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Aww, finally some answers as to why the delicious MY book-boyfriend, Roarke, loves Eve so much.

"Can I watch while you hit him? You know how it excites me to see you pound on someone."
....

He knew there was nothing, nothing more arousing than the surrender of a strong woman, that melted-bone yielding of a tough body.
....

"When we get home," he began as they walked down to street level, "you can... reprimand me."

"Keep your mind off sex."

"Why? It's so happy there."

Oh, yeah. He likes strong women.
Mo
Oct 21, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
My only complaint about these books is that we don't get enough Eve and Roarke time. I know, I know she is bogged down in the investigations. Saying that, when they do get together, things are pretty steamy.

The bodies are piling up. In her research Eve uncovers similar crimes in several cities that were dropped under mysterious circumstances, Dallas knows she's facing a killer cruel enough to prey on the weakest in society and powerful enough to conspire an extensive coverup. To complicate mat
Cyndi
Oct 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
I shudder to think what kind of searches my computer would take if it worked with voice commands like Eve's does.

Reread June 2018 — In this book we meet my favorite doctor in literature, Louis DeMato. Someone is stealing organs from homeless people, and killing them while doing it.
Eve deals with the rich and powerful while standing up for the poor and homeless.
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Words will only fail me but still I'll try to express my feelings. 😊 This book, no actually this series are brilliant. I'm seriously in love Roarke & Eve. Their love is just so beautiful. ❤❤❤

I highly recommend this series to you! Trust me, you have to meet with Roarke. 😍

He moved through the dark, quiet as a shadow. The bed shifted slightly as he sat beside her, found her hand. "Do you want the light?"
"No." Her voice felt rusty, but she didn't bother to clear it. "No, I don't want anything.
Alex ♈
Suspense 5 stars / Romance 4.5 stars

Damn, it was intense! What could I add to my previous statement, that I love and admire Eve’s mind?
This woman is Goddess!

Romance. For the 1st time since starting this series, I liked Roarke. I could feel his love and devotion and I was deeply touched how he cared for his wife.

Eve had one of the most painful experiences in her career.
God, I can’t stop to admire this woman. She was strong even when she was broken.
Respect!

Al *the semi serial series skipper*
This is one of the best ones yet from this series. I was a mess reading this, I love Eve and to see her, not as the superwoman she always is but as a person was one of the finer points of reading this.

Roarke was mag, as always.
♥Sharon♥
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I am so annoyed with myself that I cannot seem to find the time to write a proper review for a book that I LOVED. I'm so disorganized and feel as though all I am doing is chasing my tail. UGHHH

This series continues to be amazing. The characters grow and change in ways I hadn't expected which only makes the story telling that much better.

In this one it was things that happened to Eve that broke my heart. And as much as Roarke has that magic touch, those perfect words, it wasn't something that he
Jonetta
Jan 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the In Death series but this story is special. You see Eve Dallas as never before. It's gut wrenching, emotional and embodies everything that sets this series apart.

This is my #1 favorite of all the books.
Irene Sim
A very emotional installment to the series.

Eve tries to act all tough but her opponent this time is a cunning one and manages to almost bring her to her knees. It is amazing how after just one year with Roarke, she changed so much that depending upon him isn't such a burden for her any more. And depend she does. All her friends gather around her in a big hug to support her and keep her spirit up.
I love how this series's getting better and better with every new story. And maybe the mysteries aren
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
I figure I would always give these books a five star rating and here's my reasoning:

* for Roarke. Cause, duh!
* for Eve. She's a badass.
* because Eve&Roarke should be #marriagegoals.
* for Peabody. Girl cracks me up all the time.
* for all the weird and shitty ways people invent for killing each other in these books.

Over and out
Lizzy
Oct 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Sorry fans of the In Death series. After more than a handful, the stories become somewhat repetitive and predictable. J.D. Robb's Conspiracy in Death is still an entertaining read. But I can't imagine myself reading 40-plus books with these same characters and revolving around its basic formula. 3 stars.
Diane
Apr 30, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: re-reading
I really, really like this book - right up there as one of my favourites!

When doctors play God!

We meet Troy Trueheart (what a cutie) and Louise Dimatto - love those characters. Nothing too wonky about the book except the time frame for Louise getting injured - I can overlook that.

Two thumbs up - great read!
Tina
Dec 27, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the 8th in the In Death series.

It is early winter right after the New Year 2059 and Eve is called to the murder scene of a sidewalk sleeper. Wondering why "homicide lite" simply doesn't handle the case, Eve quickly learns the reason why. The old homeless man who was murdered had his heart neatly, surgically removed.

At the crime scene Eve bumps heads with a troublemaker cop who has been jealous of Eve since the academy days when Eve, even then, was a star on the fast track.

In the course
Alex
This one kicked me right in the teeth. I am so invested in these characters, and this was the book that almost broke Eve, and the way that is written? Holy. Just holy mother of gut punchers. Every character comes to bat in this one for Eve and that alone had me squeezing the life out of the book. And then you have Roarke and you have his relationship with Eve and the combination of what he's thinking up against what he knows he has to do for her? This has to be one of the most interesting and de ...more
Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)
Posted at Under the Covers

What is there to say that hasn’t been said countless times by JD Robb? She’s brilliant and Conspiracy in Death, the eight book in the In Death series is great!

Eve Dallas is simply the best at what she does. And others have started to take notice. When a fellow cop, Bowers the bitch starts hassling Eve on her turf, Eve has no choice but to defend herself. With a few heated words and early threats, things seem to be close to its boiling point rather than simmering down.
Gwen (The Gwendolyn Reading Method)
The twist here is that it's not Roarke who's a potential suspect like it's been in almost all the other books, it's EVE. I actually liked that part. Though I'm no longer surprised when Roarke owns literally everything. I dunno, I may take a break from this series though. It's not the most dynamic for me right now.
Carolyn
Feb 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Number eight in J D Robb's In Death series and they keep getting better and better!

In this episode Eve uncovers a killer bumping of street people and collecting body parts. Just as she is hot on the trail of a major conspiracy she is implicated in a crime and taken off the case. Not that that has ever stopped Eve or her trusty sidekick, hunky billionaire husband Roarke.

As usual lots of action, hot sex and some humour in the interactions between Eve and Roarke's butler Somerset as well as the de
☼♎ Carmen the Bootyshaker Temptress ☼♎
Read May 28, 2014
Well I have to say there was a lot going on in this book. There were times that you just held your breathe because you couldn't believe what was going to happen but then as you read on an the intensity grows and you have to continue because you want to know who and why. As always Roarke, the great husband that he is, always there to protect and comfort Eve through everything and then there is her friends who don't give up and make sure that the truth comes out.

Re-read Nov. 16, 2
MelaDWolf
May 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It looks like this series can't get less than 5 stars from me. It was interesting reading Eve reactions about events in this book. Also relationshio between her and Roake. I love watching them married and doing stuf all married couples do. Well, maybe not all couple but they are becoming more and more lovely with every book.
Lisazj1
4.5 stars. Another thoroughly amazing, kickass story in this universe of characters that I love. Gah, every single one of them. Pretty sure I say that every time but it doesn't make it any less true.

This one was tough to read because here, Eve was hurt in a way that nothing else has managed to do. I was so freaking pissed off at "procedure" *though I understood it* but I loved seeing the way the family that Eve has made for herself stood up for her and supported her. It was everything I could ha
Carol
5 stars.🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄
Love this series too much for me to be objective anymore about each book that I read but this one was definitely special.
Watching all Eve's friends rally around her when things got tough and she faced a personal crisis touched my heart and what can I say about Roarke - he more than had her back (I seriously adore that man)💘.
Eve is so awesome in this episode, even though her whole life and sense of identity is falling apart - she still has the grit to soldier on. My favorite heroine
Catherine
Wow. Just wow. This is one of my favorite books in the series to date. It was, quite simply, fabulous.

Whether you've read one book in the series or eight, you know one simple fact. Eve is a cop. It's everything to her. Her role as a police officer is tangled up with her identity as a person. Her self worth, her purpose in life, is all tied into her job. In this book that is taken away and it breaks her. She is not the tough as nails cop that we have seen before. She gains a fragility and vulner
Anita
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
The In Death series is remarkable for the originality of it's plots, the remarkable view of the future, the kickass heroine and the most devastating hero of all time. I read these books just for Roarke. He is truly the top of the mountain when it comes to fiction heroes. He is everything a fantasy should be, and more.

This time around, Eve draws the homicide of a street sleeper who has had his heart surgically removed. His status as one of the dregs of society just doesn't matter to Eve. He was m
Ann Lou
Jun 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
We have a killer who has a God complex, high level of medical knowledge and surgical skill. Let the who done it begin.

I cried in this installment. I just felt bad for Eve and what she had to go through for awhile. Thank God for her friends and of course, Roarke for his unwavering love and support. I may sound like a broken record but who cares? Roarke is a perfect male speciman. Yum
Aly is so frigging bored
1st read: December 2013
2nd read: November 2014
Teresa
May 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
My favorite of the series so far. I love suspense the most when the main characters personal history play such an important role. I loved all the insight into Eve.

• A Touch of Minx (Samantha Jellicoe, #5)
  • Homeport
  • Hades
  • Concealed in Death: by J. D. Robb -- Review
  • All the Queen's Men (CIA Spies, #2)
  • Over the Edge (Troubleshooters, #3)
  • Orchid (St. Helen's, #3)
J.D. Robb is the author of the #1 New York Times bestselling In Death series and the pseudonym for #1 New York Times bestselling author Nora Roberts. The futuristic suspense series stars Eve Dallas, a New York City police lieutenant with a dark past. Initially conceived as a trilogy, readers clamored for more of Eve and the mysterious Roarke. Leverage in Death, on sale September 2018, is the 47th ...more

In Death (1 - 10 of 50 books)
  • Naked in Death (In Death #1)
  • Glory in Death (In Death, #2)
  • Immortal in Death (In Death, #3)
  • Rapture in Death (In Death, #4)
  • Ceremony in Death (In Death, #5)
  • Vengeance in Death (In Death, #6)
  • Holiday in Death (In Death, #7)
  • Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9)
  • Witness in Death (In Death, #10)
  • Judgment in Death (In Death, #11)
“Eve: "Keep your mind off sex"
Roake: "Why? It's so happy there.”
118 likes
“Fine, you do that, and you tell them that at the very first opportunity, I'm coming down there and killing all of them. Mass murder. And after they're all dead, I'm going to kick the bodies around, dance on top of them, and sing a happy song. No jury will convict me.” 94 likes