Start by marking “Recipe for Love” as Want to Read:
Recipe for Love

Recipe for Love

Take one aspiring cook, one judge, and a spoonful of romance...

When Zoe Harper wins a coveted place in a televised cookery competition she's thrilled. It's a chance to cook her way to fame and fortune and the little delicatessen she's set her heart on.

Published February 14th 2013 by Arrow (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Recipe for Love, please sign up.
Cath Russell I think it's another book, Julie, because I've read another book by her about a chef... much earlier but I'm afraid I can't remember the title. Could…moreI think it's another book, Julie, because I've read another book by her about a chef... much earlier but I'm afraid I can't remember the title. Could have been something to do with Thyme? Recipe for Love was not bad but I did find some of the plot a bit eye-rolling. LOL.(less)

DeB MaRtEnS
Ok. Here's the thing. I was sulking because NetGalley publishers weren't approving my requests. I had read about all of the READ NOW books that I could bear, but I had nothing active on my shelf. So I threw caution to the winds and requested a few "I'm not sure..." just to satiate my current NetGalley addiction. Gosh, it's like lottery tickets!

So... This is not the right cover nor publisher or date. I can't add another edition. So be it. This one is an Ebook reissue, by Bookoture, Sept. 14.

And
Dale Harcombe
After my last read I needed something light and entertaining. I can usually depend on Katie Fforde to provide that. This time the story concerns Zoe Harper who wins a place in a cooking competition. Now I am not one who ever watches any cooking shows but still it sounded a fun read. Zoe’s first encounter is with a handsome stranger and a car in a lane. Gideon ends up being one of the judges, and things develop in a way they shouldn’t between a contestant and a judge. However, you need to leave t ...more
Thyago | MrsMargotBlog
"Recipe for Love" is a very colorful, lightweight novel that we read very fast, we find ourselves on a TV show to the genre of Masterchef and witnessed the forbidden romance of a contestant by the jury.
Although I find the character Zoe a bit annoying for being too good, I think she has the heart in the right place and Gideon meets all expectations for a good male protagonist, charismatic, with an accurate humor, irresistible and passionate.
A good novel for all th
Kee
Jan 23, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
MB (What she read)
Thoughts while reading: I am having a real problem with the fact that both of the main characters are essentially cheaters. Totally strips away the romance for me when I can't respect the characters. Basically she would have failed the marshmallow test as a 5-year-old (no impulse control) and he seems to have no personal integrity (or impulse control).

Not liking this one much.

Finished it: Still feel that way. I enjoyed the cooking contest but the romance was unromantic for me.

If you want more
Bookread2day
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It always amazes me how an author can adapt something that they have seen on television in to a brilliant novel.[Wish I could do that too]
The story opens up with cookery judge Gideon Irving gets stuck in his car in the mud, help is on hand cleaver Zoe Harper helps Gideon get his car out of being stuck in the mud. Zoe had no idea that he was a judge on the cooking competition television show .
I loved the opening of this novel I found it such an unusual scene where the two of the main characters
Annika Lee
Such a disappointment that it was not as good as i thought it would be.The cover certainly looks more interesting than the story itself.Too many unrelated stories.The romance was just ok,not enough for someone who really love romance novel like me.It's not addictive which is the reason why it took me so long to finish the book.I practically forced myself to read it to the end.
Eva • All Books Considered
Review originally posted at All Books Considered: 3 STARS

Although this was my least favorite of the three re-released books for kindle by Katie Fforde this summer, I still enjoyed this one. This book is essentially a romance taking place between a contestant and a judge on a cooking reality show: think Top Chef meets The Great British Bake Off. It was fun with the reality show stress, the cooking, the setting (the English countryside) and the characters. The romance did seem a bit rushed and o
Kristin Davison
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Really enjoyable, well-written story, but the ending was a let down.
Angie
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 chick-lit feel-good stars...

Loved this "Top Chef" style romance! As a fan of both Katie Fforde novels AND cooking reality shows, this was a delight. The usual British chick-lit humor that is typical in Katie's books as well as lots of yummy food talk. Definitely a light "feel good" book as described on the cover. If you are looking for something in the genre and give it a try, you'll definitely walk away with warm fuzzies as well lots of giggles! Highly recommended!

**Many thanks to NetGalle
Zoe
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All my reviews can be found on my blog at www.whatsbetterthanbooks.com

Sweet, warm and enchanting!

This is an uplifting story with lots of delicious food, familial dynamics, friendship, competitive rivalry, and love.

The writing is graceful and smooth. The characters are quirky, kind, and loveable. And the plot is interesting and engaging with a good dish of lighthearted drama, engaging wit, and lots of heart.

Overall, this is a lovely story that will have you daydreaming of the english countryside
Renita D'Silva
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED this wonderful book about love, life and cooking competitions. Funny, warm and entirely captivating, I was won over by this beautiful story. Highly recommended. An enjoyable, feel good read.
charlotte (booksandteacups)
I was struggling to finish this book. I read it five years ago and absolutely loved it, so I wanted to reread it, but it was a huge disappointment. I found it boring and predictable, and after page 259 I decided to just skim to the end.
Jeannie Zelos
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recipe for Love,  Katie Fforde

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Romance, women’s fiction
 I discovered the wonderful world of Katie’s stories years ago, in the pre kindle days...they’re perfect reads for when I just want an easy and light escape from reality with a perfect HEA. You’d think that writing a certain style like this would mean the stories would get “samey” after a while, but each one I’ve read of Katie’s has been fresh and original.

So, this time we’re in the world of “rea
Rea Cobb
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plot
Take one aspiring cook, one judge, and a spoonful of romance...

The first task has hardly begun when she finds herself with rather too much on her plate. Not only has she got to contend with the fiercely competitive and downright devious Cher, but she's fast developing an inconvenient crush on one of the ju
Bron
Another fantastically simple, yet engrossing read by Katie Fforde! I love the straight forward romantic plots, the Englishness of her books, and the unusually handcrafty type jobs all the leading women are given. This story included all of those traits, and was the story of Zoe, who had entered a cooking competition with the aim to win, and open her own deli.

The story takes us behind the scenes at the cooking competition, where we meet Cher the very gorgeous and determined competitor, get a sli
Maurynne  Maxwell
I agree it's not the best Katie Fforde, but it was pretty good. It's the first time I remember her doing repeating characters--sarah the wedding planner makes an appearance, and the cooking show is being filmed at Rupert and Fenella's. Zoe is great. Thought the ending was a little rushed. Maybe it's because I didn't want it to end, and the next Jill Mansell has been postponed a month.
Selina Churchill
Very light and thin. Zoe was quite a flat character as were they all. Gideon seemed quite sweet - no clues as to what his other attractions may have been - but the plot was highly predictable. If I hadn't been researching chic lit I would not have finished this.
Rochelle
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was silly and romantic and surprising while also predictive at other times. It was a fast read and a good book to read between series or heavy books. Lived reading it (and yay for happy endings!).
Laura Dix-Peek
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The perfect light read after finishing a final assignment. Just right to unwind without taxing an already hurting brain.
Penelope
Dec 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Not the best Katie Fforde but even middling Katie is entertaining.
Sally
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oooh--don't know how I missed this Katie Fforde! Found it on my birthday when I took my daughter to the library. Absolutely delightful!
Dorottya
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25ish

OK. I have to confess something. I am really excited about books that are set in televised reality shows. They start with a plus point for me if the show is actually depicted well and accurate enough. Here, I feel that the author did amazing research both on the television part of it, both the culinary part. It felt authentic. You could cheer for the contestants and felt that there really was a game going on with high stakes. And luckily, it did not just blatantly copy Master Chef or The
Alison
Zoe Harper has entered a cooking competition (think Masterchef), when she arrives at the country house in Herefordshire where the competition is situated (owned by the sublime Fenella and Rupert - also if anyone reading this could tell me if Fen and Rupes have their own novel I would be ever so grateful).

Before the competition even starts Zoe is wandering the grounds when she encounters an attractive, albeit arrogant and grumpy, man who gets his car stuck in a ditch. Zoe and the man spend a lot
Matilda
May 07, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Reading has never got any tougher than this ( if you don’t get the quote, it’s what the people on master chef always say- and if your still confused this book is about cooking!)
OK so this book is about cooking romance and A FIGHT TO THE DEATH FOR THE BEST CHEF.
If you want to know more here is what’s the book synopsis is

Sameen Borker
Jul 28, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"When she first saw Gideon again she had thought ‘all for love and the world well lost’, only for her it meant the competition rather than the world."

There is nothing misleading about the title – yes, it is an escapist, incorrigibly romantic and sublimely beautiful book. If that’s not your preferred genre, leave this out of your reading list. This 19th book in a collection of 20 by the British romance novelist Katie Fforde is every bit the candy floss sweet, innately romantic, and fetching story
Julie
Mar 25, 2013 rated it it was amazing
As delicious as a chocolate souffle and as uplifting as sunshine on a rainy day, Recipe for Love is a fun, witty and warm-hearted romantic comedy from the wonderful Katie Fforde!

Winning a coveted spot in a television cookery competition was a dream come true for Zoe Harper. Nobody – least of all Zoe – imagined that she would get through the rigorous selection process or that she would be chosen as a finalist for such a prestigious contest. Determined to make the most of this opportunity, Zoe pac
Katie(babs)
Mar 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recipe for Love is a typical Katie Fforde book- totally adorable and full of cheer and joy. Fans of foodie romance, will want to read Recipe for Love. The heroine is a down to earth amateur cook who has a hush hush sweet romance going on with one of the judges for a reality cooking show that could make the heroine’s dream come true. But not everything is roses here as the heroine’s roommate, a nasty wench of a woman causes the heroine trouble, even resorting to blackmail to get what she wants.

Zo
Heleen
Jul 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chicklit, ebook, romance
@$!?&! It just ended! Got really upset! Was nowhere near ready for the story to end! Though the end did get a bit thin, the way it ended, that last scene: I want more!
I have previously stated that this story was just what I needed and that reading it while the Great British Bake Off and the Dutch equivalent are on tv, makes reading this even better!
I love the return of Fenella and Rupert who have also featured in Katie Fforde's previous books "Love Letters" and "Wedding Season". It gives a g
LindyLouMac
Mar 15, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I have been enjoying Katie Fforde's writing since 1995 and once again it met my expectations! When you want to read some Contemporary Romantic Fiction you can not go wrong if you pick one of her novels. She has a knack of producing simple romantic plots in very English settings that make for an absorbing and relaxing read.

In 'Recipe For Love' the story revolves around a reality television cookery show, very topical at the moment! The protagonist Zoe Harper wins a place on this show and is of cou

• Changing Grooms: An irresistible novel of glamour and scandal
  • Heaven Sent
  • Winter Wonderland (LoveTravel #10)
  • A Walk In The Park
  • Lizzy Harrison Loses Control
  • Must Be Love (Talyton St George, #2)
  • A Winter Flame
  • Zoek het maar uit
  • Miss Communicatie (Miss, #1)
  • Chocolate Shoes and Wedding Blues
  • The Au Pair
  • Glazuur
  • It Started With A Kiss
Catherine Rose Gordon-Cumming was born 27 September 1952 in England, UK, the daughter of Shirley Barbara Laub and Michael Willoughby Gordon-Cumming. Her grandfather was Sir William Gordon-Cumming. Her sister is fellow writer Jane Gordon-Cumming. Katie married Desmond Fforde, cousin of the also writer Jasper Fforde. She has three children: Guy, Francis and Briony and didn't start writing until afte ...more