Start by marking “Recipe for Love” as Want to Read:
Recipe for Love

Recipe for Love

Take one aspiring cook, one judge, and a spoonful of romance...

When Zoe Harper wins a coveted place in a televised cookery competition she's thrilled. It's a chance to cook her way to fame and fortune and the little delicatessen she's set her heart on.

Published February 14th 2013 by Arrow (first published 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Recipe for Love, please sign up.
Cath Russell I think it's another book, Julie, because I've read another book by her about a chef... much earlier but I'm afraid I can't remember the title. Could …moreI think it's another book, Julie, because I've read another book by her about a chef... much earlier but I'm afraid I can't remember the title. Could have been something to do with Thyme? Recipe for Love was not bad but I did find some of the plot a bit eye-rolling. LOL.(less)

Start your review of Recipe for Love
DeB MaRtEnS
Ok. Here's the thing. I was sulking because NetGalley publishers weren't approving my requests. I had read about all of the READ NOW books that I could bear, but I had nothing active on my shelf. So I threw caution to the winds and requested a few "I'm not sure..." just to satiate my current NetGalley addiction. Gosh, it's like lottery tickets!

So... This is not the right cover nor publisher or date. I can't add another edition. So be it. This one is an Ebook reissue, by Bookoture, Sept. 14.

And
Dale Harcombe
After my last read I needed something light and entertaining. I can usually depend on Katie Fforde to provide that. This time the story concerns Zoe Harper who wins a place in a cooking competition. Now I am not one who ever watches any cooking shows but still it sounded a fun read. Zoe’s first encounter is with a handsome stranger and a car in a lane. Gideon ends up being one of the judges, and things develop in a way they shouldn’t between a contestant and a judge. However, you need to leave t ...more
Book Wonderland
Beside reading, I also really like eating, so I loved the idea of the cookery competition.
The love story was also great and I was happy that this time the author didn't made the end too long with the misunderstanding between Zoe and Gideon.
My favorite food/dessert in the book was the croquembouche. I would like to try this dessert too.

description
Kee
Jan 23, 2014 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Thyago | MrsMargotBlog
"Recipe for Love" is a very colorful, lightweight novel that we read very fast, we find ourselves on a TV show to the genre of Masterchef and witnessed the forbidden romance of a contestant by the jury.
Although I find the character Zoe a bit annoying for being too good, I think she has the heart in the right place and Gideon meets all expectations for a good male protagonist, charismatic, with an accurate humor, irresistible and passionate.
A good novel for all th
Nicole
Sep 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recipe for love

Zoe and Fen are so sweet. I love their friendship!
MB (What she read)
Thoughts while reading: I am having a real problem with the fact that both of the main characters are essentially cheaters. Totally strips away the romance for me when I can't respect the characters. Basically she would have failed the marshmallow test as a 5-year-old (no impulse control) and he seems to have no personal integrity (or impulse control).

Not liking this one much.

Finished it: Still feel that way. I enjoyed the cooking contest but the romance was unromantic for me.

If you want more
Eva • All Books Considered
Review originally posted at All Books Considered: 3 STARS

Although this was my least favorite of the three re-released books for kindle by Katie Fforde this summer, I still enjoyed this one. This book is essentially a romance taking place between a contestant and a judge on a cooking reality show: think Top Chef meets The Great British Bake Off. It was fun with the reality show stress, the cooking, the setting (the English countryside) and the characters. The romance did seem a bit rushed and
Bookread2day
Mar 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It always amazes me how an author can adapt something that they have seen on television in to a brilliant novel.[Wish I could do that too]
The story opens up with cookery judge Gideon Irving gets stuck in his car in the mud, help is on hand cleaver Zoe Harper helps Gideon get his car out of being stuck in the mud. Zoe had no idea that he was a judge on the cooking competition television show .
I loved the opening of this novel I found it such an unusual scene where the two of the main characters
Annika Lee
Such a disappointment that it was not as good as i thought it would be.The cover certainly looks more interesting than the story itself.Too many unrelated stories.The romance was just ok,not enough for someone who really love romance novel like me.It's not addictive which is the reason why it took me so long to finish the book.I practically forced myself to read it to the end.
Kristin Davison
Jul 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

Really enjoyable, well-written story, but the ending was a let down.
Zoe
Aug 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
All my reviews can be found on my blog at www.whatsbetterthanbooks.com

Sweet, warm and enchanting!

This is an uplifting story with lots of delicious food, familial dynamics, friendship, competitive rivalry, and love.

The writing is graceful and smooth. The characters are quirky, kind, and loveable. And the plot is interesting and engaging with a good dish of lighthearted drama, engaging wit, and lots of heart.

Overall, this is a lovely story that will have you daydreaming of the english countryside
Angie
Sep 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 chick-lit feel-good stars...

Loved this "Top Chef" style romance! As a fan of both Katie Fforde novels AND cooking reality shows, this was a delight. The usual British chick-lit humor that is typical in Katie's books as well as lots of yummy food talk. Definitely a light "feel good" book as described on the cover. If you are looking for something in the genre and give it a try, you'll definitely walk away with warm fuzzies as well lots of giggles! Highly recommended!

**Many thanks to NetGalle
Renita D'Silva
Sep 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely LOVED this wonderful book about love, life and cooking competitions. Funny, warm and entirely captivating, I was won over by this beautiful story. Highly recommended. An enjoyable, feel good read.
Penelope
Dec 26, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: chick-lit
Not the best Katie Fforde but even middling Katie is entertaining.
Ivi Oltovska
not really into it 2 stars
Alaine
Dec 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library
Great book for fans of cooking shows ☺️
Jeannie Zelos
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recipe for Love,  Katie Fforde

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Romance, women’s fiction
 I discovered the wonderful world of Katie’s stories years ago, in the pre kindle days...they’re perfect reads for when I just want an easy and light escape from reality with a perfect HEA. You’d think that writing a certain style like this would mean the stories would get “samey” after a while, but each one I’ve read of Katie’s has been fresh and original.

So, this time we’re in the world of “rea
Rea Cobb
Mar 02, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Plot
Take one aspiring cook, one judge, and a spoonful of romance...

The first task has hardly begun when she finds herself with rather too much on her plate. Not only has she got to contend with the fiercely competitive and downright devious Cher, but she's fast developing an inconvenient crush on one of the ju
Bron
Another fantastically simple, yet engrossing read by Katie Fforde! I love the straight forward romantic plots, the Englishness of her books, and the unusually handcrafty type jobs all the leading women are given. This story included all of those traits, and was the story of Zoe, who had entered a cooking competition with the aim to win, and open her own deli.

The story takes us behind the scenes at the cooking competition, where we meet Cher the very gorgeous and determined competitor, get a sli
Prabhjot Kaur
Recipe for Love was a recipe for disaster. This was the worst Katie Fforde book I have read so far.

Zoe wins a cooking competition so she gets to go on a cookery show on television where she falls madly in love with one of the mysterious and alluring judges, Gideon. Cher was the bitch of the book and every cliche about being a bitch was associated with her that I was rolling my eyes the entire time.

Katie Fforde creates characters with no depth and they are all plain, stupid and naive to the poin
Maurynne  Maxwell
I agree it's not the best Katie Fforde, but it was pretty good. It's the first time I remember her doing repeating characters--sarah the wedding planner makes an appearance, and the cooking show is being filmed at Rupert and Fenella's. Zoe is great. Thought the ending was a little rushed. Maybe it's because I didn't want it to end, and the next Jill Mansell has been postponed a month.
Selina Churchill
Very light and thin. Zoe was quite a flat character as were they all. Gideon seemed quite sweet - no clues as to what his other attractions may have been - but the plot was highly predictable. If I hadn't been researching chic lit I would not have finished this.
Rochelle
Nov 23, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was silly and romantic and surprising while also predictive at other times. It was a fast read and a good book to read between series or heavy books. Lived reading it (and yay for happy endings!).
Sally
Jul 24, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oooh--don't know how I missed this Katie Fforde! Found it on my birthday when I took my daughter to the library. Absolutely delightful!
Laura Dix-Peek
May 17, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The perfect light read after finishing a final assignment. Just right to unwind without taxing an already hurting brain.
Dorottya
Jul 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.25ish

OK. I have to confess something. I am really excited about books that are set in televised reality shows. They start with a plus point for me if the show is actually depicted well and accurate enough. Here, I feel that the author did amazing research both on the television part of it, both the culinary part. It felt authentic. You could cheer for the contestants and felt that there really was a game going on with high stakes. And luckily, it did not just blatantly copy Master Chef or The
Alison
Zoe Harper has entered a cooking competition (think Masterchef), when she arrives at the country house in Herefordshire where the competition is situated (owned by the sublime Fenella and Rupert - also if anyone reading this could tell me if Fen and Rupes have their own novel I would be ever so grateful).

Before the competition even starts Zoe is wandering the grounds when she encounters an attractive, albeit arrogant and grumpy, man who gets his car stuck in a ditch. Zoe and the man spend a lot
Carole Hearn
May 03, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
What a lovely book this was. Katie Fford never disappoints as her characters and stories are so beautifully written. Being a foodie I loved that this was set round a cooking competition. Highly recommend.
Matilda
May 07, 2013 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Reading has never got any tougher than this ( if you don’t get the quote, it’s what the people on master chef always say- and if your still confused this book is about cooking!)
OK so this book is about cooking romance and A FIGHT TO THE DEATH FOR THE BEST CHEF.
If you want to know more here is what’s the book synopsis is

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• The Winter Garden
  • Strandslag
  • The Secret Seaside Escape
  • I Wish It Could Be Christmas Every Day
  • Summer at Rachel’s Pudding Pantry (Pudding Pantry, Book 3)
  • Let's Meet on Platform 8
  • Vivien's Heavenly Ice Cream Shop
  • Coming Home to Cuckoo Cottage
  • How Will I Know?
  • A Walk In The Park
Catherine Rose Gordon-Cumming was born 27 September 1952 in England, UK, the daughter of Shirley Barbara Laub and Michael Willoughby Gordon-Cumming. Her grandfather was Sir William Gordon-Cumming. Her sister is fellow writer Jane Gordon-Cumming. Katie married Desmond Fforde, cousin of the also writer Jasper Fforde. She has three children: Guy, Francis and Briony and didn't start writing until afte ...more

News & Interviews