Start by marking “A Graceful Mess” as Want to Read:

3.81  ·  Rating details ·  876 Ratings  ·  103 Reviews
Hiding behind the anguish from my past, my coyness seeps off of me like an aroma. I have felt like a stranger in my own skin, trying to claw my way out for far too long, allowing very few people to see past my façade…until my eyes met with his. I felt a sudden rush of energy all the way to my core. It jolted me in ways I never thought possible.

Never in a million years woul
Published August 25th 2013 by Amazon Digital Services, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about A Graceful Mess, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Graceful Mess

Danielle at For the Love of Books
5 STARS

OMG!
HOLY SHIT!!
FANFUCKINGTASTIC!!!

WOW!!!! JUST WOW!!!! I had the privilege of being a beta reader for this book and I am completely blown away!! The emotional roller coaster that I was on from beginning to end was phenomenal!! I have read this book more than once and my reaction remained the same each time. I laughed. I cried. I wanted to scream and throw my laptop across the room. I cried some more. I smiled. I cried again. I swooned. I cried even more. I hurt deeply for the characters i
Cyndi
Sep 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
I was disappointed in this book and this review contains spoilers. I didn't like Parker and didn't enjoy knowing what he was thinking. He slept with another girl "a few" times after his wonderful night with Grace where he supposedly made a connection with her. When he goes to the bar to see Grace on her birthday he flirts with another girl because it's "fun". He talks about how kinky and freaky he is in the bedroom, but we don't see it when he is with Grace. He didn't seem too upset to me about ...more
Kirsty
Jul 07, 2013 rated it really liked it
Is it okay to say that the epilogue was my absolute favourite part of the whole book? Yes? Good.. because it blew me away. Perfect.
"You're going to be my undoing, unraveling me piece by piece."

Grace Clearwater, a 23 year old broken girl who is on the verge of graduation, a girl who has sworn off guys for the past few years, a girl who is about to have her whole world rocked by a guy she meets one night in a bar.

Parker is a Private Investigator, hired to watch over Grace by a very important
Nacole Stayton
Jan 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
I can't wait to share this one with you all! <3
Fab Fun & Tantalizing Reads
A Graceful Mess
Wowza. A Graceful Mess was amazeballs. It had it all. Everything. In spades.

A smokin hot book boy? ☑
Well developed loveable characters? ☑
Sexy times that rocked my world? ☑
Multi-layered angst and heartache? ☑
Moments that made me laugh? ☑
Times I needed tissues to wipe up my ugly messy crying? ☑

This book had me by the balls, ok ok, I don't have balls but if I did, A Graceful Mess would have had a hold on them the whole way through.
Sometimes you don't know how broken you once were, until you
Jennifer Wolfel
Jun 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Parker is F'ing HOT! That's my review! No truly this book was really good. I will have a full review up soon!
Carrie Richardson-horton
Jun 13, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Ok first of all the cover of this book alone made me want to read it immediately! Hot!

Moving on to my review! Omg! I can't stop fanning myself thinking about the hotness in this book! Nacole seriously made me blush over, and over again!

We meet Grace Clearwater entering 3 more years of law school. Grace hasn't really had a life in the last year except maybe talking and doing things with family, or friends. She hasn't let anyone into her heart in so long, and you will learn the reason for that a
Emily
Aug 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
I was lucky to be a beta reader for Nacole for A Graceful Mess. This book broke my heart, made me cry, made me smile, made me laugh and feel sorrow and triumph! Nacole wrote a story that you won't want to put down until you've finished it. On top of all those feeling I had, Parker is one hot, sexy man! He's a mans man and a ladies man. He knows how to love the right woman. Lucky you Grace, lucky you!
Roses Book Blog
Aug 20, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Grace has a life where she likes to pretend that everything is okay. She's buried her past down deep and wants it to stay buried there. Her roommate and best friend Maci convinces her it's time to go out and celebrate their graduation from college at a local bar. What Grace doesn't realize is that Maci has set her up with a man named Carson who spends more than half his time starring at other women when they are near him or walk by. Feel alone and out of place she watches as her best friend flir ...more
Debi Barnes- Mean Girls Luv Books
What do I say??? I LOVE Parker. LOVE LOVE LOVE! He is ranked very high on the list of book boyfriends. He is loving, he is protective and he is alpha! He can make your panties melt!
Grace is gorgeous and smart and has had some awful things happen to her. All she wants to feel comfortable in her own skin.
This book is amazing! Nacole knows how to write a hot and steamy emotional book. I was completely drawn in from page one!!
Mew
Jun 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Me encanta la portada! ♥
Ena May - Swoon Worthy Books/Enticing Journey Book Promotions
Grace Clearwater has a past just like most of us but for her, her past is something she has tried to forget. Her past has changed the once happy go lucky, energetic, free spirited girl she once was to the closed off, shy, empty girl she is now. Living her life day to day trying to keep her past in the past has taken its toll and all that changed when her eyes landed on one Parker Porter.

Parker Porter has never been shy about what he wants and he goes after it with everything he has. When he laid
Court
Jul 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
I reviewed this book at MustReadBooksOrDie with my friend Shelley.

Shel: This may tell you everything you need to know about this book: I read it in one sitting. I think it took 4 hours--only stopping for coffee and donuts. So, as you can guess, I really enjoyed it! Court: Hahaha, it did read really, really fast. Although you could've shared the donuts! ;)

Shel: At the very beginning we have an interesting scene from Grace's past--that will come in to play later--and then we plunge right into her
Tricia  Santos
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
See full review here http://fallinginfall.blogspot.com/201...

I rated Nacole Stayton’s A Graceful Mess three and a half wonderful leaves. Let me start off by saying that this book was nothing like I expected it to be. However, it was very riveting from the moment I started. Talk about unputdownable. I wasn’t expecting there to be a dark past in the storyline. I loved the hint of suspense that it brought to the plot. I loved Parker, he was sexy, protective, dominant, and intense. I am still up in
Angela
Aug 03, 2013 rated it it was amazing

"They say be careful of the quiet ones. A statement I never really understood to be honest. What is wrong with being quiet or a little on the shy side? It's a demeanor I use as a mask to hide myself from a world I don't feel like I fit into."

I just finished, A Graceful Mess, and I'm kind of at a loss for words. What can I say that will convey how much I loved and adored this book? I just hope I can do it justice.
There are some books that you read that are good but you breeze through them and
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
This review posted also at www.mysecretromancebookreviews.com

Never in a million years would I have expected to be in the mess I am today. It all leads bac
Jennifer LaFon - Book Bitches Blog
I very much enjoyed this book. Yeah, there were a few things I would have liked to have seen done different but overall, I enjoyed it :) It was a quick and easy read with a great story line, but the thing that bothered me the most was the dialogue. And you know what, it probably won’t bother you all…I am so damn picky when it comes to dialogue, especially male dialogue ;)

This is Parker Porter and Grace Clearwater’s crazy story. For once, both characters are not broken…only one this time. It seem
Stephanie- The Boyfriend Bookmark
I never expected this book when I began reading it. It was amazing. Grace had a rough few years, but she was on the path to becoming something great. She had her future all planned out and sadly because of her haunting past; she is planning on them mostly alone. Grace is a strong and independent woman who knows what she wants out of life. But she keeps everything bottled inside knowing that she will never experience that nightmare again.

But something happens the night that Parker walks into the
Heather at For the Love of Books
WOW FIVE FUCKING STARS
★★★★★

This booked sucked me in from the beginning to the very end! I felt every emotion that Grace was feeling in this book and I couldn't help but feel connected to it. I cried, I laughed and wanted to throw my phone across the room! Nacole rocked my emotion boat and I loved it! I fell in love with Grace and Parker's story.

Grace has a tainted past and just exists day to day instead of LIVING. She is a shell of herself and tries to move on from what her ex boyfriend Brody
Cocktails and Books
Aug 15, 2013 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars.

This was one of those books where the cover totally pulled me in. Then there was the title. And there really was a graceful mess after the fallout from this storyline.

Parker Porter is a private investigator who is hired to watch the illegitimate daughter of a US Senator. He figures this is his chance to prove to his father that he can run expansion office of their company. It may not be the dream job Porter wants, but he got him away from home and his cheating ex.

Grace Clearwater, wh
Shawna Shauntia
Jul 08, 2013 rated it really liked it
So this so happens to be my first journey with Ms. Nacole Stayton and let me tell you I have thoroughly enjoyed this ride.A Graceful Mess had all of my bookish requirements. There was drama, angst, and lots of smexyness. Not to mention a forbidden love..aaaggghhh what more could I ask for.

Grace recently graduated and is on her way to becoming a lawyer. She also has been hurt in the past and now she is very cautious of who she trust. After much persuasion for her best friend she goes out on the t
Roni Guzman
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book and it was more emotional than I thought it was going to be. The main character Grace is an overachiever and very anal with keeping everything in order. Instead of taking a break from graduating from college she is going straight to law school. It's the only way she knows how to keep going. While her friends are having fun and partying and enjoying life, Grace is studying and planning her future. Then one day she meets Parker, who can be my hero any time lol... Grace b ...more
Becca
Aug 24, 2013 rated it really liked it
I love Nacole and her writing. A Graceful Mess did not disappoint. I love the chemistry that connects her characters, not only the hero/heroine but also with the supporting characters. Now those of you who read The Upside of Letting Go, let me tell you that A Graceful Mess is STEAMY! I fell in love with Parker and Grace and I loved his instant connection with her. Love Nacole and can't wait to read more from this up and coming author! She just makes me smile! :)
Cindy
Dec 05, 2013 rated it it was ok
Shelves: own, e-book
The cover was the best thing about this book. The characters were not well developed, too many coincidences, I just didn't see what the love was based on. The ending was week, juvenile & I thought very lazily done by the author.
Romance Schmomance (Malia)
Aug 23, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: i-love-i-love, arc
wowwwwwww ... review to come!
Lauren ♥ Inked in Chapters
3.5 Stars
You can read this and other reviews at Madison Says!

Grace Clearwater is a little socially withdrawn, some may even categorize her as shy. I think that’s why I had such a hard time imagining her as a law student. To me a lawyer is ruthless, fearless and maybe even heartless. (No offense to any lawyers out there.) Grace doesn’t strike me as any of those things. It was a little tough connecting with Grace’s character because she seemed so conflicted in who she was. You can’t be a tough as
Chu
Aug 27, 2013 rated it really liked it
Review Originally Posted at: Book Freak

The cover was very beautiful and I was crossing my fingers hoping that this book would live up to it. And it did – way, way more.

Grace knew how to fake her way into living a happy life. But deep inside – she was broken. She has an ugly past that she would gladly forget if it were that simple. It was a nightmare that is constantly haunting her. She tries to managed by putting it at the back of her brain, bury it somewhere and try to live her life one day at
Kathy
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
A Graceful Mess is my first experience with a Nacole Stayton novel, and it will definitely not be my last. Romantic hero, angst, surprises, plot twists, and a lot of drama are what I got while reading A Graceful Mess.

I was taken in immediately by the prologue depicting a touching....almost torturous...scene of a small child in an orphanage who was terribly frightened by storms. The prologue set the tone and provided clues for what was to come later in the novel. I wasn't really sure how or wher
Christina
Sep 06, 2013 rated it it was amazing
When I saw the title to Nacole Stayton's new book, A Graceful Mess, and was asked to read and review by the lovely Miss Anna I said sure! Thinking it was a very lighthearted Story. Now don't get me wrong, it is somewhat lighthearted but it touch on some big things.. I love the characters Grace Clearwater and Parker Porter! She is the Jaded hurt not knowing much about her actual past female lead and he is the hot, sexy, good guy male lead.. Grace Clearwater had a traumatic event happen to her whe ...more
Brandy Lynn
Jan 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Holy Smokes! Nacole Stayton has done it again….A Graceful Mess was fan-flippin-tastic. I was entranced throughout this novel and it left me thirsty for more. Nacole definitely knows how to spin a story and keep the reader entranced and flipping the pages. I was enthralled while reading it A Graceful Mess and didn’t want it to end…It was that damn good.
Oh where do I start? Grace Clearwater has been through hell and back in her lifetime and my heart broke for her. What do you do when you find out
  • Breeze of Life
  • Two Roads
  • I Breathe You
  • Never Goodbye (Albany Boys, #1)
  • Ending a Broken Journey (Journey, #1)
  • Picking Up the Pieces
  • Pieces of Me (Cedar Mountain University, #1)
  • Feel the Rush (Hard Feelings, #2)
  • Unexpected Angel (Isthmus Alliance, #1)
  • Save Me from Me (Timing is Everything, #3)
  • For the Love of Gracie (The Southern Devotion Series, #1)
  • Sink or Swim (Fight or Flight, #1.5)
  • Take It All (Blinded by Love, #1)
  • Norma Jean (Young Love, #3)
  • To Catch a Princess
  • Becoming More
  • The Truth About Us (Mills Lake, #1)
  • Distractions
Nacole Stayton is the Amazon Bestselling author of The Upside of Letting Go, as well as other new adult and contemporary romance titles, including A Graceful Mess, In the Lyrics and Savaged. She is twenty-something years young and currently resides in the Bluegrass State where she spends her nights writing vigorously. She has a passion for helping others and wears her University of Kentucky gear p ...more
More about Nacole Stayton

Romance Deals

• Protected (Deadly Secrets, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Plain Fame (Plain Fame #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Crazy Little Thing (Bell Harbor, #1)
  • Safe Haven
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The King (Masterpiece Duet, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Along the Broken Road (The Roads to River Rock, #1)
  • Avalon
    $14.99 $1.99
  • Down the Hidden Path (The Roads to River Rock Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • My Kind of You (Trillium Bay #1)
  • How to Say I Love You Out Loud
    $7.09 $2.99
  • The Queen and the Cure (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #2)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • If You Stay (Beautifully Broken, #1)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Moonlight Over Paris
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Crossing Hearts (Cross Creek, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Exposure (Midnight, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Burned by Her Devotion (Rogue Vows, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Trouble with Dukes (Windham Brides, #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Crossing the Line (Cross Creek #2)
  • Yours Until Dawn
    $6.74 $1.99
  • Fallen Crest Forever (Fallen Crest Series #7)
  • I See London, I See France
  • Dragonwyck
    $14.99 $1.99
  • While You Were Mine
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Falling Star (Shooting Stars, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly in Love (Lake Haven, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seconds to Live (Scarlet Falls #3)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Passing His Guard (Against the Cage, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
  • Sharp Edges
    $6.72 $1.99
  • Our Now and Forever (Ardent Springs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • #Starstruck (#Lovestruck, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Beauty of Us (Fusion, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Law of Moses (The Law of Moses, #1)
    $5.95 $2.49
  • Emerald (Red Hot Love #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • 13 Little Blue Envelopes (Little Blue Envelope, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99
  • White Heat (Firefighter Book 1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • His First and Last (Ardent Springs, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Softhearted (Deep in the Heart, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Goodbye Bride (Summer Harbor, #2)
  • The Wedding Chapel
    $7.99 $1.99
  • The Raven Prince (princes trilogy)
  • Maggie's Turn
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cover of Darkness (Suspense Series, #2)
  • After You Left
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How the Cowboy Was Won (Cupid, Texas, #6)
  • Don't Let Go
  • Magnolia Nights
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Her Last Goodbye (Morgan Dane, #2)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Filthy Rich (Blackstone Dynasty, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Tempting the Beast (Breeds, #1; Feline Breeds, #1)
  • Saving Abby
    $4.49 $1.99
  • She Can Kill (She Can...#5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
  • Trust in Advertising
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
  • Changing Lanes
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Doing It Over (Most Likely To, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • One Dance with a Duke (Stud Club, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • An Obsession with Vengeance (Wanted Men, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Promise of Provence (Love in Provence, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Tracks of Her Tears (Rogue Winter, #1)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
    $4.24 $1.99
  • A Matter of Grave Concern
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Duke's Holiday (The Regency Romp Trilogy, #1)
  • Stay (WAGs, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Seventh Grave and No Body (Charley Davidson, #7)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • Heat Wave
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Pleasures (Pleasures, #2)
  • Hello Love
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Be Mine Tonight  (Brotherhood of Blood, #1)
    $1.99 $0.99
  • A Darker Dream
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Murder Notes (Lilah Love, #1)
  • Since You've Been Gone
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Dangerous Waters (Barkley Sound, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • Emergency Contact
    $10.99 $3.99
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Only for You (Sugar Lake #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Salvation of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #2)
  • Fired (Worked Up, #1)
  • Things We Know by Heart
  • Internet Famous
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Kissing in America
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Rock Me (Ross Siblings Book 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone to Love (Someone to Love, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Best Man (Alpha Men, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Never Love a Cowboy (Rogues in Texas, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wrong Question, Right Answer (The Bourbon Street Boys #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bent (Back to Brooklyn, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Stone Cold Cowboy (Montana Men, #4)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Dating (Lake Haven,  #2)
  • Midnight Embrace
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Suddenly Engaged (Lake Haven #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Shadow Fall (Tracers, #9)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
  • The Crush
    $7.99 $2.99
  • After the Game (The Field Party, #3)
    $10.99 $1.99
  • More to Give (Anchor Island #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Up to the Challenge (Anchor Island, #2)
  • The Color of Secrets
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Home to Stay (Anchor Island, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Gone to Her Grave (Rogue River, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone Like Her (K2 Team, #2)
  • Thrill of Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1)
  • Roomies
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Crazy for Her (K2 Team, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Left Drowning (Left Drowning #1)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)
  • How To Keep Rolling After a Fall
  • No Love Allowed
    $7.09 $2.99
  • Midnight Sacrifice (Midnight, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Obsession (Midnight, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Midnight Betrayal (Midnight, #3)
  • Meant to Be
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $1.99
“Say the words, sweetheart, and I'll stop. If not, prepare to have your fucking world rocked.” 4 likes
“It doesn't have to be romantic, but I want you, Parker. Every day since that night, I've wanted you. I even dreamt about you.” 3 likes