Start by marking “Uncharted (On the Island, #1.5)” as Want to Read:
Uncharted (On the Island, #1.5)

Uncharted

(On the Island #1.5)

Tracey Garvis Graves - and Anna and T.J. - return in this companion novella to the New York Times bestseller On the Island.

When twenty-three-year-old dot-com millionaire Owen Sparks walked away from his charmed life, he had one goal in mind: get as far away as possible from the people who resented his success, or had their hand out for a piece of it. A remote uncharted isl
Published July 2nd 2013 by Penguin

To ask other readers questions about Uncharted, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Uncharted

Aestas Book Blog
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing

A must-read for any fan of On the Island!!

On The Island is one of my most favorite books. Ever. The beautiful writing, the depth of the emotional connection and the refreshing uniqueness of the story line made it easily stand out as a truly exceptional book. So, when I heard that the author was going to be releasing a spin-off novella, I knew we were going to be in for a treat!

**Note: this review is spoiler-free but Uncharted absolutely must be read after On The Island .

The story opens
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
You definitely need to read On The Island before you read this book. Otherwise, there would be too many things that you wouldn't understand.

I was very happy to find out that there is A LOT of Anna and T.J. in this book! I'm not sure why I thought it was mainly about Owen. Well, I guess there is a lot of Owen but there's also a lot about Anna and T.J. and I couldn't be happier.

We get to learn what happened to Owen on the island when he shows up at Anna's and T.J.'s house and tells them his story
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
**4.5 stars**

This novella confirmed my earlier feelings about Tracey Garvis-Graves. This woman can write and create some pretty amazing characters! I adored this book.

Like many other readers, I was totally obsessed with On the Island. When I saw that this novella was available to review, I just about died. I just knew that this would be great and I wasn't wrong (thank GOD).

I don't want to give anything away but this novella answers some lingering questions that I had (and I'm sure many others h
Jill
Jul 03, 2013 rated it really liked it

description

"Start at the very beginning, Owen." Anna says. "Tell us everything"

And so Owen recounts his story to TJ and Anna. Owen Sparks left everything behind in America and set up a home of sorts in an uninhabited island in the Maldives. He has sought out TJ and Anna, their lives are connected via the island. And to unburden his heart.

For readers who loved On the Island this is a great adjunct to the novel. Told mainly from Owen's pov, we also get to see things from TJ and Anna's perspectives.
Penny
Mar 13, 2015 rated it liked it
I liked it, although I admit I was expecting something completely different.

I like the stories this author writes, but I am not a fun of the way she tells them. Her writing is too detached for my taste. Again, I needed more development of the situations and feelings, there were too many superficial details and very little show of emotions.

It's not much, a very simple story, but it was entertaining to read about Anna and T.J. again.

On the Island (On the Island #1)
Georgia ♥ Team Dex ♥
5 Anna & T.J + 3 Owen’s Story = 4 Island Stars

Breathtakingly beautiful, yet beautifully deceiving.

description

Since we were children, we were warned that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. One’s man paradise is another’s living hell and there is nothing more heartbreaking than witnessing them meet and share their stories. One uninhabited island in the Indian Ocean brought so many people together. In life, pain and despair, it shaped their futures and changed their fates forever.

I don’t think I had ev
Kristalia
Final rating: 3/5 stars
Buddy read with my darlings Nab & Jerry aka 9 3/4 and Monisha

This is a story that comes after the book "On the Island", and is not meant to be standalone. When i saw that there is a novel about T.J. and Anna again, i was excited. Alas, this is not their story: this is story of Owen and his planned solitude on the island. His decisions were the key point and he regretted them the moment he heard about T.J.'s and Anna's entrapment on the island...

Owen is a wealthy
Alexis *Reality Bites*
Jan 21, 2013 marked it as to-read
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!! HYPE

photo happygif1.gif

I. NEED. THIS. BOOK. NOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!
 photo iStock_000009612455XSmall_NOW_zps367a528e.jpg

Monisha
Jul 12, 2013 rated it liked it
SO, the BUDDY-READ continues with my fabulous buddies 9 3/4 aka Jerry, Kris and Nab!!!!
♥♥♥♥♥♥

3 "Just a very different Paradise" Stars

description

Uncharted gives us a glimpse of T.J. and Anna’s life while introducing Owen Sparks.

He who made millions in the dot-com boom and decided to leave it all behind and escape to an island around the Maldives.
He who has a connection with Anna & TJ and what they share together.

So, this is Owen Sparks story about his time on the island.

It is not a life and death s
Gerasimos
I did a buddy read for this one with Kristalia, Monisha & Nab.
(Click on their names to read their review)

Uncharted is a short novella that accompanies On the Island taking place after the events of it. On the Island leaves a few loose ends and some questions that never get answered. This novella answers all those questions giving a definite end to the story. Since I really enjoyed On the Island and I was craving to see more of Anna & TJ and to get answers to all those burning questions I
Karla

4.5 Stars! I enjoyed going back to the 'Island' and viewing it from a different set of eyes!

Loved reading about Owen Sparks and his experience ‘On the Island' prior to Anna and T.J.'s time there! The author did a brilliant job weaving the two stories together. You know going in that this is not T.J. and Anna's story, but she gives the reader enough of a look into their lives, that it will leave you satisfied. All is good in their world and the love between them is strong!

I was captivated by Owe
JoJo - JJJ (Jo Anna) Janesko
OMG this totally made my day!!!! On the Island is one of my very favorite books. I can't wait for more of T.J. and Anna. Squeeeee!!!!!
Jen
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to hear that this story was going to be told. I fell in love with TJ and Anna when I read about them in the first book: On the Island. Their story had touched me in so many ways, and I felt like I had known these two amazing people personally. Needless to say, when this book came out, I was very eager to read it.
First, I will say that Tracey Garvis-Graves is a brilliant writer. She truly has a way with words, and is able to suck you into the world that she creates between the p
Jennifer Kyle
Jun 23, 2013 rated it really liked it
3 ~ 4 Uncharted Stars

*Must read On The Island prior to reading this novella*

Uncharted begins with a stranger on the doorstep of our T.J. and Anna’s house. His name is Owen Sparks who happens to be the prior inhabitant of the island before our favorite couple was marooned there.

Owen Sparks has a story to tell and a request to make…

Owen is a young and wealthy business man who gives it all up for seclusion and life on the island. He takes the island that our couple survived and showed the beautifu
Duchess Nicole
Finally, years after reading On the Island, I sat down and devoured this little gem in one sitting. It ties up some loose ends while telling us a great story all on it's own.
Crista
I never once felt like On the Island was incomplete or missing one. single. thing....until reading this novella. Uncharted is brilliant, and effortlessly dots every "i" and crosses every "t'. This novella packs a huge amount of information in a tiny amount of pages, explains the unexplained, and singlehandedly brings this entire story full circle. This is a must read for fans of On The Island and really CAN NOT be read as a standalone.

Uncharted tells the story of a young dot com millionaire who
DKristin
Shelves: own-a-copy
Wow! This definitely took me back to the island! For a short Novella it was incredibly well written and I was able to get invested in the new characters right away. About 65% in I was a crying mess. Gosh that really hit me hard. I loved it.
Jen ♥Star-Crossed Book Blog♥
Uncharted was a quick read that filled in the gaps about Bones. If you need a refresher, Bones was discovered while Anna and TJ were stranded on the island. I wondered what had happened on the island before they arrived, and I'm glad I got to find out. Even if I wasn't able to connect to Owen Sparks or Calia Reed. While I enjoyed hearing about their story, I loved getting to catch up with Anna and TJ. It was fun getting to see where they were in their lives. But just like On The Island, I was le ...more
Arlene
Shelves: adult, read-2013
On the Island is one of my favorite books of all time, so to have a chance to revisit these characters and go back to Maldives through this novella was an absolute treat!

Uncharted takes place about ten years after TJ and Anna were stranded on a remote island near Maldives. While on the island, they discovered a cave with human remains along with a shack that was once inhabited. What I believe is seven years after their rescue; a stranger comes to their door to answer the mystery behind the body
Brenna
Jan 21, 2013 rated it liked it

Uncharted is a spin off novella and should be read AFTER On the Island to avoid spoilers.

This book is the story of ‘Bones’ and the other previous inhabitant of the island, Owen. It is mostly Owen telling his story but there are also a few very short chapters from TJ and Anna’s POV.

It starts out with Owen showing up at TJ and Anna’s doorstep and explaining that he needs to tell them something. Immediately I was hooked and intrigued, there is some sense of suspense and mystery to Owen’s b
Evi
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-in-2019
I liked this book, it was OK. But I have to admit, before reading it I expected something better. However it was good to be back with Anna and T.J. a little bit, I loved their story, it became one of my favourite book.
Book #1.5 Uncharted is about Owen Sparks, who wanted to escape his life and he decided to go to an uncharted island around the Maldives. He wanted to get away from everything and think about what to do with his life in the future. He did what he planned and this started the chain
Joana

The pictures will show a place that's breathtakingly beautiful, yet beautifully deceiving.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

When a strange man comes knocking at their door and introduce himself as Owen, T.J. and Anna immediately want to know his and "Bones" story. Gradually they'll realize how much theirs and his story is entwined.
Two experiences in such different circumstances...

***minor spoilers ahead, proceed with caution***

Owen, was a dot.com millionaire, tired of people only viewing him has a source of money, not truly
Lauren (Sugar & Snark)

photo iwantyou_zpse2695911.gif

Can't Wait!!
Kirsty
Jan 22, 2013 rated it it was amazing
If you loved On the Island there's no way you won't love this.

This is the story of 'Bones'. Who he was and how he came to be there. Told through the eyes of Owen, somebody else who had spent a large amount of time on the island. Once again, I felt like I was right there with them all.

I devoured every single word in a matter of hours. Being back in the world of that little island was beyond enjoyable. Despite the absolute horror that it caused three families, I couldn't help but find it comfort
Feminista
Jul 12, 2013 rated it liked it
Rating: 3.5 out of 5.

I finally got around to reading this lovely conclusion to the Island series.

We finally find out what happened to the last inhabitants of the Island.

Owen comes to T.J. and Anna's house to tell them the unlikeliest of stories, that shaped their path on the island. So many maybe's and if's could have happened, but no body can change what's really happened.

Buddy read with Kris, Pavlina, Basuhi, Jerry and Monisha.
Tessamari ♥Many Waters...♥ ~ Sweet Spot Book Blog
OH. MY. GOD!!!!!!!! I'm not hallucinating right? More from T.J. & Anna!! Get. Out! Gahhhh!!! I can't wait! I WANT THIS NOW!!!!!!!! OMG, SO FREAKING EXCITED!!!!!!

photo tumblr_mdsvsgr7lt1qf97qf_zps00836f3e.gif
Annie Brewer
Jan 21, 2013 marked it as to-read
OMG really?????? Am I seeing right....there's more TJ and Anna???? OMG I can't fudging wait!!!!!! I. Love. Them...!!!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEE *happy dance*
Vaso
Nov 16, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: e-books
A quick, nice read!
Ashley
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, btb-2019
Reviewed on: Ashes Books & Bobs.

Upon finishing On the Island, I was dying to know more about the mystery person who inhabited the space Anna and T.J. were stranded on before they came along. This novella ended up being the perfect companion to the story. I received the answers I hoped for and was able to catch up with the characters I had grown to fiercely love.

I was already missing the descriptions of this tropical place lost in the Maldives and the vivid pictures Tracy Garvis Graves was ab
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jan 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
Jointly reviewed for Totallybookedblog.com

Gitte: I was so excited to read Uncharted and get some answers to the secrets ‘The Island’ held…like a jigsaw puzzle, by the end I felt satisfied that we had reached the end and gotten full closure. We needed this book and it didn’t disappoint.

This story is mainly about Owen, the previous ‘tenant’ of the Island. Owen’s at a cross roads in his life, at such a young age, and needs to cut all ties and spend some time with himself to clear his head and his h
  • The Education of Caroline (The Education of..., #2)
  • Running Barefoot
  • Get Me (The Keatyn Chronicles, #6)
  • Scandal in Seattle (Great Exploitations, #2)
  • Thank You for Riding (Strangers on a Train)
  • An Unplanned Life (Unplanned, #2)
  • Breath on Embers
  • Upon a Winter's Night (MacKinnon's Rangers, #3.5)
  • In the Fields
  • Hearts and Llamas (Chocolate Lovers, #3.5)
  • Return to Poughkeepsie (Poughkeepsie Brotherhood, #2)
  • Thou Shalt Not
  • Untitled (The Dark Duet Spinoff)
  • Thief (Love Me with Lies, #3)
  • The Missionary
  • Wounded
  • The Story Guy
  • Greed (The Seven Deadly, #2)
Tracey Garvis Graves is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today bestselling author of contemporary fiction. Her debut novel, On the Island, spent 9 weeks on the New York Times bestseller list, has been translated into thirty-one languages, and is in development with MGM and Temple Hill Productions for a feature film. She is also the author of Uncharted, Covet, Every Time I Think of ...more

On the Island (1 books)
  • On the Island (On the Island, #1)
“When you have nothing, everything feels like something.” 10 likes
“Maybe it wasn’t about being alone. Maybe the answer wasn’t about hiding from those who wanted something, but about finding those who needed help but would never considering asking.” 8 likes